Blue Bayou thoughts?

Does the lunch Fantasmic! menu have the surf and turf or only dinner? Thanks!

I love the BB and we make it a point to eat here every visit to the parks, which is about once a year. I haven’t personally experienced terrible service but on one occasion it was mediocre service. That being said, the ambience and view of the ride makes it hands down my favorite place to eat... anywhere really.
I’m looking forward to my upcoming August reservation 🙂

Last edited:

Thanks!
So 4pm reservation for the best chance of a waterside table?

you can get a waterside table at any time, you just need to be prepared to wait. I had a 1.30pm reservation, checked in at 1.15pm, requested a waterside table and was brought to my table at 1.30pm, my original reservation time :)

Also , just to note, the waterside tables are 4 tops, so if you are a party of 4 or less you will have a shorter wait time. For parties of 5 or more, you will have to wait for multiple 4 top tables near each other to become free, so that they can join the tables.

We ate at BB for the first time in November and it was an absolutely wonderful experience, to the point that my husband - who is as cheap as they come - has suggested we do it again. Food was delicious, atmosphere was great, service was stellar. No complaints at all.

I was there in feb and go nearly every trip.

The draw for me is the experience and ambiance. The food is good. I’ve never had a bad meal there. It’s perhaps pricier than it’s worth, but it’s good.
I totally agree. It’s more for the ambiance, which I love, that I go. The food is fine, overpriced for its quality I would say, but I figure I’m paying for the experience too.

I'm really hoping we have a good experience on Saturday for our Fantasmic meal. I went last year and had a nice time. But reading a lot of mixed reviews does make me nervous.

We’ve done the fantasmic package there each time we’ve gone. It’s a favorite. We like the food, the service has always been good for us and the experience. My kids love to get the glow sticks in their drinks and we bring our own glow sticks along. Wave to boats as they pass by. To me it’s one dinning expirence at Disneyland that shouldn’t be missed.

I'm really hoping we have a good experience on Saturday for our Fantasmic meal. I went last year and had a nice time. But reading a lot of mixed reviews does make me nervous.
I’m sure if anything goes sideways the staff will try to make it right. Don’t let little things ruin the experience. I mean, how cool is it to hang out by the ride , have some good food and just watch people go by... it’s the best!

I’m sure if anything goes sideways the staff will try to make it right. Don’t let little things ruin the experience. I mean, how cool is it to hang out by the ride , have some good food and just watch people go by... it’s the best!
True! I'm usually pretty laidback when it comes to meals at the park. I think what makes me nervous is that my friend will be with me, who rarely gets to go to the park. And she's never been to BB at all. She's excited to eat there!

Don’t get me wrong, the experience of sitting waterside is amazing at BB and I highly recommend it. But after you have done that on a few trips, it really becomes more about the food and the service. And last week that was not up to previous standards. I am sure those who go their first time will definitely love it.

I think what makes me nervous is that my friend will be with me, who rarely gets to go to the park. And she's never been to BB at all. She's excited to eat there!
When we were there in November, I hadn't been to DLR in nearly 20 years and my husband had never been. I had been dreaming of eating at BB since I was 7 years old!! It absolutely lived up to expectation for me, if that helps ease your nerves at all.

We did the Fantasmic! package in Oct/18 and had a great experience. Carthay Circle on the other hand...

The experience was cool, the food was just OK. We’d go again for a dining package but not just for a meal.

Hadn't gone for a few years, but decided to give it another try when chaperoning a grad night in May. I'm so glad we did! Dinner was fantastic, our waiter was amazing and very amusing. His puns and jokes made our evening even more special. We weren't in a hurry, so we didn't mind the wait (yes, there was a wait after check in). The only reason we don't go now is the lack of adult beverages... no changes requested, but it does play into our dining decision when there are other options close by in Downtown Disney and DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter