BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I cannot find the MS email.... I could send an email via a form.

IS that what you did or do you have the email address??

Could you send it to me??

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

I guess you're right. I'm not sure where I originally found this address, but it works for me.

I always try not to post e-mail addresses on public boards, so I'll send you a PM. Anyone else who wants it, please PM me rather than asking here so we don't fill up the thread with a bunch of those posts.

Thanks.

Thanks!!

You can also contact MS through dvcmembers.com The link is under the contact menu at the top of the site.

We had a "lakeview" studio 7208, which is listed as a standard view on your chart. Although it was low, but still had a view of the fireworks!!:thumbsup2

These lists and pictures of room views puzzle me. It's not like you can call and reserve a particular room. Or can you?

Just stayed in "Lake View" dedicated 2 bedroom July 29-Aug 5, room 7241, listed as a standard view in your charts.

These lists and pictures of room views puzzle me. It's not like you can call and reserve a particular room. Or can you?

You can't reserve a specific room, but you can request one. They will note your request and offer no guarantees that they will be able to honor the request. See my post from a few days ago:

I've used this strategy a few times so far with good results. People say requesting a particular room number is not wise because if that room is not available, they don't know what your preferences are. I counter that with a LONG list of room numbers, so they know exactly what my preferences are. My logic in preparing this list was to prioritize high floors and the northern-most Theme Park-view rooms on each floor. I used the diagrams on the first post of this thread to find the matching 2BR room numbers. Here's what I sent...

Subject: DVC Reservation # XXXXXXXXXXXX

Member Name: XXXXX X. XXXXXXXXX
Club ID: XXXXXXXXX
[Address]
[Phone Number]

Hello, I have this upcoming reservation at Bay Lake Tower:
#XXXXXXXXX

I would like to request one of the specific room numbers listed in prority order below. If none of these particular villas is available, I would prefer the highest floor that is available. Thank you.

1. 8216
2. 8222
3. 8116 <-- this is the one I got
4. 8122
5. 8224
6. 8016
7. 8022
8. 8124
9. 7916
10. 7922
11. 8024
12. 7816
13. 7822
14. 7924
15. 7716
16. 7722
17. 7824
18. 7616
19. 7622
20. 7824

Here's the response I got the same day...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in your upcoming stay and would be happy to
assist you. Our records show a reservation for a 2 Bedroom Villa -
Theme Park View at the BAY LAKE TOWER AT DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort
under reservation number XXXXXXXXXXXX.

We have confirmed that your requested room numbers and highest floor
request have been noted on your reservation. Please keep in mind that
while the Front Desk will make every effort to accommodate your
requests, they cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Alanna

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB

panorama1.jpg

I guess you're right. I'm not sure where I originally found this address, but it works for me.

I always try not to post e-mail addresses on public boards, so I'll send you a PM. Anyone else who wants it, please PM me rather than asking here so we don't fill up the thread with a bunch of those posts.

Thanks.

We're heading to BLT in a few weeks and this is our first DVC trip.

bigAWL, could you please PM me the email address? I cannot send PMs being a new member. Thanks!

I just have to say I LOVE this thread!

My family and I are staying at BLT in March for the first time! We are currently reserved for 1 2BR and 1 Studio, the Grand Villa was just TOO much! I'm trying to read the chart to see if there is any possibility that we could be placed together/near each other.

I know the big issure right now is that the Stuido is a Standard View, but the 2BR is a Lake View, we are trying for a 2BR Standard view.

Has anyone had any success in placing a 2BR and a Studio relatively close? I'm just thinking like same floor! (I understand that if our views were the same that the chances would be higher)

Thank everyone!

I know the big issure right now is that the Stuido is a Standard View, but the 2BR is a Lake View, we are trying for a 2BR Standard view.

Has anyone had any success in placing a 2BR and a Studio relatively close? I'm just thinking like same floor! (I understand that if our views were the same that the chances would be higher)

Thank everyone!

you would have a better chance moving the standard to a lake view. there are more lake views.

until next year there are no dedicated standard views for a 2-bedroom. only 1-bedroom and studio lock outs.

you might be able to get the same floor - but no guarantees. just depends upon who else is there. that say BLT has some elevators - now although the elevators themselves are fast - sometimes it takes a while for one to get to you.(really think it is kids or teens playing - because it is generally those that are on it when I get on)

that is one reason why love 5th foor - it is standard view on the north side and lake view on the south side - and inside the C

until next year there are no dedicated standard views for a 2-bedroom. only 1-bedroom and studio lock outs.

Not true. We were in a dedicated 2 BR SV last Fall. Our room # was 7230.

If you look at the first post on this thread, I believe all of the following rooms are all dedicated 2 BR SV:

I just wait listed my family for BLT one bedroom for November 22-25 but also selected that we will need a handicap room (one member in the party is in a wheel chair)
Are there many standard and lake view one bedrooms rooms that are handicap accessable ???

I looked at the list again .. Am I looking at the list correctly ???
there are NO standard view one bedroom handicap rooms and only two lake view handicap one bedrooms.
So my first wait list does not even exist and my second wait list does not have much change because there are only two rooms?

Why would the dvc site let me wait list something that does not exist ??

We arrive Saturday for our first DVC/BLT stay.

I wanted to keep my request simple and we're only there 3 days before moving over to WL for 9, so I didn't think it was critical to get overly specific:confused3

Is there any downside to my only requesting the following for our one bedroom BLV:

"High floor, outer villa."

When we check-in, I'll know if we have an outer villa because those are even numbers, correct?

I wanted to keep my request simple and we're only there 3 days before moving over to WL for 9, so I didn't think it was critical to get overly specific:confused3

Is there any downside to my only requesting the following for our one bedroom BLV:

When we check-in, I'll know if we have an outer villa because those are even numbers, correct?

Correct! We made a very similiar request and had a great 1 bdrm last December. I am always a fan of the "KISS" principal.

Correct! We made a very similiar request and had a great 1 bdrm last December. I am always a fan of the "KISS" principal.
:rotfl:
Thank you, Linda for making me feel better about my KISS request and confirming that an even number = outer villa:thumbsup2

You have the info right. Have a great trip. I'll be curious to know your opinion/ comparison between CR & BLT.

You have the info right. Have a great trip. I'll be curious to know your opinion/ comparison between CR & BLT.
Thanks - I'm curious, too! DD is excited about having her own bathroom, sleeping area and TV and frankly, so are her parents!

I'll post my impressions here and on the CR thread this weekend:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter