BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I was at BLT from 1/25/12-1/29/12, and I Loved this room.
IMG_0401.JPG

It faced east, toward the inner courtyard, so I could have sunrise in the mornings, and was just down the hall from bridge and elevators, so coming/going couldn't have been easier. It seemed to be a standard BLT studio and I really liked the slick design. It really is the up-to-date definition of "contemporary". :) I completely forgot to take a full set of pics of the room, but I have many pics of the view. These pics were all take with my phone and make things seem further away than they actually were.

IMG_0399.JPG

This was in the early evening. The only real downside to this view was that the pool lights were really bright, but the black-out curtains took care of that. Also, there's a lot of ambient light in my neighborhood at home, so I'm kind of used to it.

IMG_0410.JPG

This was the view at about 9:30pm, after I'd come back from food/booze/fireworks at TOTWL. I walked out of the bathroom after showering, and heard this loud noise coming from outside, and there was the Electric Water Pageant!

IMG_0411.JPG

Dawn the next morning.

IMG_0440.JPG

Early on my last morning, I looked out and got to see them bringing some of the ferries around to start shuttling folks to MK.

I would totally be willing to ask for this room again.

I am preparing for my first DVC stay this spring break and am sharing a BLT GV with friends and family. :cool1: I booked a MK view, but I was watching some you tube videos of some MK Grand villas and they had a half lake, half castle view. They stated on the video that they were designated as MK view. I really want a full MK view, don't want to have to turn to see it! :rotfl2: I want to have the full experience with all the points I am using. DSs love the monorails so I guess I could handle a small view of monorails. :).

Should I request a central room (I believe #s 16-30) or am I likely to get a full view w/o a request?

Thanks so much!

if you read this entire thing - getting a good view of the MK with a TP view is a problem.

because it is on a curve - there are only a few villa that have the full view.

I would go for the north side (that is where the MK is)- over the south side (where the CR is located)

Workplay glad your trip was wonderfully! still prefer the north side...

Getting excited for our spring break trip - 1st time at BLT and 2nd time for spring break. I pop in & out of this thread from time to time. Booked a LV studio & thanks to all the great info. here I have requested "North tower, upper floor, even numbered room". Anxious to see if any of our requests are met!! Pricey place to stay over spring break but figured the convenience of walking to MK during such a busy time would be worth it. Now trying to decide if we should pack an air mattress & pump for DS instead of using the pullout (he HATES sofa beds). We're flying Jet Blue this time so can check a bag for free a change.:rolleyes: I wish our Owners Locker wasn't so full then we could leave the air mattress down there (and NO I am not going to get a 2nd locker just so we can do that). :rolleyes1

just want to thank the OP for all of the work that must have gone into this very informative thread! :thumbsup2

I just posted this in another thread, but wanted to put it here to get more input from you all. I was thinking that the shape of the inside-facing v. outside facing rooms might create a difference in the amount of space. What do you think?

I found these portions of some blue-print-type floor plans that I'm assuming are pretty much to scale. These are both 2BR dedicated villas with an outside facing room on top and an inside facing room on the bottom. Don't worry about the narrow hall, I've just mashed up two rooms together for comparison sake.

BLTRoomy.jpg

The first thing I noticed is that the laundry and coat closet in the outside room are separated (blue areas), while in the inside room they are combined. Is this accurate?

Then I tried to compare the main living areas (red areas), and to me the flare of the outside rooms appear to have a bit more room than the inside rooms. This may probably not be noticeable when looking at them in real life - I haven't seen any of the actual rooms myself.

There is a marked difference in space between the living areas of the inward and outward facing rooms. We were (wrongly) given a 2 BR on the inside of the curve (poolside) first of all when we checked in and then moved to another 2BR on the outer curve (facing MK) and I was immediately struck by how much difference there was in the space. It is every bit as obvious as the floorplan you posted would suggest.

There is a marked difference in space between the living areas of the inward and outward facing rooms. We were (wrongly) given a 2 BR on the inside of the curve (poolside) first of all when we checked in and then moved to another 2BR on the outer curve (facing MK) and I was immediately struck by how much difference there was in the space. It is every bit as obvious as the floorplan you posted would suggest.

Having stayed in both inside and outside 2BR, I actually like the floor plan on the inside rooms better. In the outside rooms, the extra bathroom feels like it's in the living area, whereas on the inside rooms, it's tucked more back in entrance area. Also, I like having an actual laundry room rather than a laundry closet.

Having stayed in both inside and outside 2BR, I actually like the floor plan on the inside rooms better. In the outside rooms, the extra bathroom feels like it's in the living area, whereas on the inside rooms, it's tucked more back in entrance area. Also, I like having an actual laundry room rather than a laundry closet.

Ditto. We've had both and loved the huge laundry room on the inside unit. But you can't go wrong with either! Love our BLT!

And I'm the opposite and prefer the outside room. We've stayed in one of those and only toured an inside but I felt the difference in the size of the living room area was noticeable. I'd rather have more space there and have no great desire to have a separate laundry room.

I am preparing for my first DVC stay this spring break and am sharing a BLT GV with friends and family. :cool1: I booked a MK view, but I was watching some you tube videos of some MK Grand villas and they had a half lake, half castle view. They stated on the video that they were designated as MK view. I really want a full MK view, don't want to have to turn to see it! :rotfl2: I want to have the full experience with all the points I am using. DSs love the monorails so I guess I could handle a small view of monorails. :).

Should I request a central room (I believe #s 16-30) or am I likely to get a full view w/o a request?

Thanks so much!

The GVs are up so high that you will get a panoramic view. Most will have the castle plus something else. I don't care for the GF, so I preferred a GV with more of the castle/lake combination on the north side. We also had monoral view, parking lot view, service area view....all from the same room.

Really, you can't go wrong, and will just focus on what you love in your amazing view. The rooms were designed with great theme park views from the beds. The girls wanted the room closer to Space Mountain because it had a good Castle view from the beds. My son wanted the other side because it had a better view of Space Mountain from the beds. Since we did 2 parks, 26 rides and 4 character meals in 48 hours, I didn't care what I could see from the bed, as long as it was the inside of my eyelids!

BLT owner here that has not stayed there yet, I just booked a SV studio for August for myself, my DD(5) and DNiece(8) for 6 nights. Even though it is just a SV room, what would you recommend for me to try and get as far as room requests are concerned? Thanks!

I am really looking forward to finally staying there!

Hi everyone, I updated the first post with new pics that people have posted to the thread. I will be back there again this coming Friday. Just a quick 3 day getaway, but can't wait to be back at BLT! :yay::yay:

Room pics from Lake View Studio 8240....

DSC05776.jpg

DSC05770.jpg

DSC05777.jpg

DSC05773.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

DSC05775.jpg

We loved it!!! Hope we can make it back someday soon!!

Thanks for posting! It's T-14 days to our lake view stay, I would be very happy with that view.

If we are requesting a standard view and are trying to book a 2bdr and a 1 bdr what other type of requests should I be making?? we of course would like the two rooms to be as close as possible to each other. Is there a possibility they could be across from one another with one having a view of "MK area" and the other a view of "lake area"?? I tried looking at the map but was getting too confused..my mind just doesn't process like that I guess:rotfl:
thanks for any responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter