BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

First, thanks to work2play for this fabulous thread. This is our 1st BLT DVC stay & 2nd trip to WDW as family. Originally planned for 1 BedRm TP View to celebrate 10 Year Anniversary. Now staying 9 days to celebrate anniversary & Christmas @ WDW. So for points & length of stay, booked Deluxe Studio Standard View. Still would like to see MK from room.
Based on map, was set to request Even number, Center view, high floor. However, reading through thread, seems I need to request Even number, North side, high floor.
Please help/ advice! Would like DD6 to have special trip (besides being @ WDW). 1st time away from home @ Christmas.
Thanks!

Those requests will still work, however there are a few caveats:
  • High Floor for standard view means at highest 5th floor.
  • There are only 12-13 studios that fall into this criteria
  • Of the 12 that fall into the north tower/even category, only about 8 give you an easy castle shot, the other 4 are a little more towards the lake and will be more space mountain/tennis court/lake than space mountain/castle

If you can spare the bump up in points, I would book lake view, and use the same requests (north tower, even room number) and that will open up a LOT more rooms with better chances for the view you want. Again, nothing is guaranteed, but BLT is majority LV rooms. Applying the same rules to LV to get the 'park view' gives something like 22 rooms- a lot better odds.

I'm not familiar with the standard view rooms that have views of the castle and fireworks. But I do know that 7512 and 7514 are part of a 2BR lockoff. 7514 is a studio. Perhaps you meant 7510 instead?

all studios are part of a lockoff - there are no dedicated studios or 1-bedrooms at BLT.

all studios are part of a lockoff - there are no dedicated studios or 1-bedrooms at BLT.

I think the point was that the question was about a 1BR standard, and 7514 is a studio?

Either way, DenLo beat me to the correction....

This thread is always SO AWESOME!!!!:lovestruc

LOVE being able to get an idea before my trip what my view may look like!!!:cool1:

Thank you!!!:worship:

Hi always look to this fab thread when requesting my Blt roomdde03 Please could anyone advise or confirm my research from using this thread so I'm sure I'm requesting the right rooms dde03dde33 I have booked a 1 bed standard view From reading the info I am looking at requesting rooms as below 7514 7512 7504 Is there any other rooms which have a decent view of the fireworks and castle And which order would you put these into for choices?? Thanks Stacey dde03

We were just in 7512 just 2 was ago. Awesome view for std pts.

I've never had the opportunity to stay at BLT but I'm hoping one day I will be able to. Beautiful pics!

June 2013
Room 8404 1 Bedroom Lake View

View of Magic Kingdom to the left and Lake to the right

Used a telephoto lens for Firework pictures and Castle Pictures. We were also able to get the music for Wishes on the TV resort station.

Hi always look to this fab thread when requesting my Blt room��

Please could anyone advise or confirm my research from using this thread so I'm sure I'm requesting the right rooms ����

I have booked a 1 bed standard view

From reading the info I am looking at requesting rooms as below

Is there any other rooms which have a decent view of the fireworks and castle

And which order would you put these into for choices??

Thanks
Stacey ��

The 1 BR rooms with the view you want are XX04, XX10, XX12, XX20, XX26. Where standard is pretty much the first 5 floors. The lower the floor, the less of the castle you will see, there are trees that block the view of the MK on the lower floors. The tighter the criteria you put in your room request, the less likely it is that you will get it. You would be better off asking for an even numbered room and seeing if they are able to meet your request, that would at least increase the chance that you might get one with a partial MK and fireworks view.

I love reading through this thread! We have 9 nights at BLT SV ded 2br in August. (can't wait!!) The first time we stayed at BLT it was the same reservation, and we were on the second floor with a pretty great view of Wishes every night, and the Monorail going by all day long. :) We've also had lake view, but really prefer SV.

I get tempted to make a request, but with the very few 2br SV's available, I'm not sure it really matters. I'm guessing we're just going to get whatever room someone else is checking out of that day.

I am new to the DIS board and just trying to absorb all the fantastic knowledge on here. This is an awesome thread. I have been a DVC member for a few years now and never knew you could request a specific room. We are heading to DW this year and hoping to stay at BLT. We are spending the extra points to get the Themepark view as we will taking my 86 year old grandmother with us. Any recommendations on what room to request? Also can I make the request at the time I book or do I need to wait closer to the date? Any information would be great! Thanks for the terrific thread!

I am new to the DIS board and just trying to absorb all the fantastic knowledge on here. This is an awesome thread. I have been a DVC member for a few years now and never knew you could request a specific room. We are heading to DW this year and hoping to stay at BLT. We are spending the extra points to get the Themepark view as we will taking my 86 year old grandmother with us. Any recommendations on what room to request? Also can I make the request at the time I book or do I need to wait closer to the date? Any information would be great! Thanks for the terrific thread!

It's actually not good to request a SPECIFIC room because that room could be booked and the room assigner wouldn't know why you requested it. Instead it's better to request a room category, feature, etc., like high floor, north side, outer ring, etc.

You can make the request at any time from time of booking until about two weeks before your dates, that's about when they say they assign the rooms. You can make the request with member services or even using the online chat they have on the website now.

For a TPV, I think you have less concern about room requests, besides high floor will get you a better view. You could ask for closer to south elevators if you want to be closer to the bridge to the contemporary for less walking for your grandmother, but more southern rooms would face more towards the Seven Seas Lagoon and you'd have to go outside or look to the side to see MK better.
Personally I would just ask for high floor.
Enjoy!

It's actually not good to request a SPECIFIC room because that room could be booked and the room assigner wouldn't know why you requested it. Instead it's better to request a room category, feature, etc., like high floor, north side, outer ring, etc. You can make the request at any time from time of booking until about two weeks before your dates, that's about when they say they assign the rooms. You can make the request with member services or even using the online chat they have on the website now. For a TPV, I think you have less concern about room requests, besides high floor will get you a better view. You could ask for closer to south elevators if you want to be closer to the bridge to the contemporary for less walking for your grandmother, but more southern rooms would face more towards the Seven Seas Lagoon and you'd have to go outside or look to the side to see MK better. Personally I would just ask for high floor. Enjoy!

Thanks for the wonderful information!

I just booked my first trip at BLT! I feel like I know nothing about this resort and came here right away. My room is a lake view studio. Any requests I should put in?

I just booked my first trip at BLT! I feel like I know nothing about this resort and came here right away. My room is a lake view studio. Any requests I should put in?

I think you will be happy with a lake view. the Magic Kingdom view is essentially a view of the parking lot with MK in the distance.

I am totally bummed reading this thread that the extra money I spent on points for TPV was a waste ($1000!!!) and that the view will suck. Anyone have a positive view experience with a TPV and can a DVC member put in a request for location?

I am totally bummed reading this thread that the extra money I spent on points for TPV was a waste ($1000!!!) and that the view will suck. Anyone have a positive view experience with a TPV and can a DVC member put in a request for location?

We really liked our TPV. :thumbsup2 I mean - looking at space mountain and the castle while sitting on your couch or making a sandwich? Not too shabby.

p1370790236-4.jpg

And this:

p14079948-4.jpg

And this every night just before going to bed?

p343948877-4.jpg

There are some who focus on the parking lot - which is just below the theme park view rooms but many of us enjoy what's further beyond that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter