Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

I was freezing during the movie, which was lots of Disney fun, but obviously taken from a book or script written for a 10 yr old audience.

Hmmm...I've been interested in seeing Tomorrowland, but this comment has me firmly on the fence about it.

It was fun to actually meet some great DISers, and we of course got the pic to prove it! (Looks like our lighting was a little off, sorry) Pat, how did the race go?

Yay! So glad you got to meet Marv and Pat!

SAM_0137.jpg

Now there's a cute picture. Between this and the butt shot, Mason is becoming my favorite.:rotfl2:

**WHO CAN GUESS WHAT RYAN AND DANA SEE TOMORROW FOR THE FIRST TIME**

Cinderella Castle?

I have to say I've not really even thought about going to see Tomorrowland (but we rarely go to the movies...it really has to grab me to want to go). I hate when the theaters are freezing.

I'm glad you got to meet Pat and Marv. They are great people.

Would you believe in all the times we've been to the Poly, I've never had a lapu lapu? I totally forgot to order one the time we tried Ohanas three years ago. It might have made me like our meal better. Unfortunately, we weren't fans (Mark would go back for dessert only).

It looks like Mason was certainly enjoying himself.

Love hubby in the Olaf hat.

I am soooo late! But I subbed to come back and read after all the graduation insanity stops over here! xo LOVED meeting all of you- what a beautiful family you have, Tammie!

:jumping1:Look who took a whole week to get to replies! :oops:

Contest: No one guessed that we were going to Ohana's or that Mason would giggle at butts. After all, what 8 yr old boy wouldn't? I had never even noticed those before. :duck: Looks like my questions might be a little random. I will try to make it easier. :tongue:

So the results so far:
Kathy - 5 pts
Mark - 3 pts
Ponz - 1 pt
Pat - 1 pt for knowing that she was part of the DIS meet!

So would you recommend not going to see it? Or is it worthwhile?

I would say we Disney fans would enjoy it, but it's not the best blockbuster ever. Camille didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but keeping in mind it was not a serious story, it was more through the eyes of a child. Some scenes were filmed at Epcot and DL. It seemed to me like it was a story Walt wrote while dreaming up the idea for Epcot. It could probably wait for a rental if you are undecided - unless the popcorn is better at your theatre.

Good pick. It's on my to do list, too.
We always love it there!

I'm not a fan of rum... but I wish I was! Who doesn't want to drink out of a pineapple??

I know! It is the drinking out of the pineapple that makes it so good! :p

::yes:: DISmeets are great.

Meets just make the trip extra special!

tropical “I’m really on vacation now” drink

Do I win a prize?
They do look the part, though.

Yes, you get a point for following directions!
:lmao:

Oh, my. That does sound good!

Someone looks pretty energetic!

Thus beginith the journey into manhood.
A young boy greedily gobbles up the ice cream.
A man takes his time and eats it all.

Yes, either way the ice cream is gone, but much better savored.

:laughing: Yup. I can totally see that!

Disney will do that to ya.
:rotfl2:

Oh, Lord. Not a clue.
Jedi training?

We shall see

Lovely update! Dinner at Ohana with the Ohana and a DIS meet as well.

Love the Olaf hat photo - looks somehow very familiar. :rotfl2:

Thank you, Karin. It was a very nice start to our celebration and the DISmeet was extra topping on the cake for sure!

Yes, the Olaf hat does! :rotfl2: I didn't think about it when I took the pic, we were all just laughing but when I posted it, I thought, "hmmm - who will think I'm a copycat?" :rotfl:

Hmmm...I've been interested in seeing Tomorrowland, but this comment has me firmly on the fence about it.

I guess I'm firmly on the fence about recommendations. Fine for the kids, but it would probably make a good rental and popcorn at home night for a lot less money!

Yay! So glad you got to meet Marv and Pat!

It was great to meet them! Too bad our time was so short.

Now there's a cute picture. Between this and the butt shot, Mason is becoming my favorite.:rotfl2:

All American boy for sure

Cinderella Castle?

Noted

I have to say I've not really even thought about going to see Tomorrowland (but we rarely go to the movies...it really has to grab me to want to go). I hate when the theaters are freezing.

Almost always cold. I need to do what my friend here does and just keep a blanket in the trunk for movies!

I'm glad you got to meet Pat and Marv. They are great people.

Me too! They really are sweet!

Would you believe in all the times we've been to the Poly, I've never had a lapu lapu? I totally forgot to order one the time we tried Ohanas three years ago. It might have made me like our meal better. Unfortunately, we weren't fans (Mark would go back for dessert only).

:rotfl2:That is like me with the Dole Whip - it took me years to remember, then I still forget sometimes.

It looks like Mason was certainly enjoying himself.

Yes, he was all in!

Love hubby in the Olaf hat.
I was kind of surprised - he's not usually silly, but I guess on vacation..... Anyone remember this from our Hawaii trip? Anything for his troops and anything for his grandkids! :jester:

I am soooo late! But I subbed to come back and read after all the graduation insanity stops over here! xo LOVED meeting all of you- what a beautiful family you have, Tammie!

Ellen! Welcome! :jumping1: It's so nice to have you here! Congrats to Tyler - I totally understand the crazy graduation stuff. I'm not moving very fast, so come back when you can. We all enjoyed meeting you too! You are just the sweetest! Hope we get another chance to see each other when we have more time! :hug:

I am working on an update - had a really busy week and now I see that the PP pics are mia so I may need to upload them again. We are off to dinner with friends and to see San Andreas in DBox. Never done those seats before - as my friend Ana said, "for $18 we better feel like we are right on the fault line!" :rotfl2: I will be back soon!

I would say we Disney fans would enjoy it, but it's not the best blockbuster ever. Camille didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but keeping in mind it was not a serious story, it was more through the eyes of a child. Some scenes were filmed at Epcot and DL. It seemed to me like it was a story Walt wrote while dreaming up the idea for Epcot. It could probably wait for a rental if you are undecided - unless the popcorn is better at your theatre.

Thanks for the review!

Yes, you get a point for following directions!

Woot!

Anyone remember this from our Hawaii trip?

::yes:: It's hard to forget! :lmao:

This report is great. I clicked on this because I wanted to hear about Blizzard Beach! Ha ha!

I've learned so much more about foster to adopt by reading this which is obviously much more valuable than any vacation. Not that I'm not loving your vacation description too!

Again, loving what you write.

moniqueand2

This report is great. I clicked on this because I wanted to hear about Blizzard Beach! Ha ha!

I've learned so much more about foster to adopt by reading this which is obviously much more valuable than any vacation. Not that I'm not loving your vacation description too!

Again, loving what you write.

moniqueand2
Thank you so much and :welcome: I hope to have time to get that update posted tomorrow. Thanks for reading, and we will go to Blizzard Beach :sunny:

Catching back up. Mmmm, 'Ohana is awesome! I haven't been there for ages. So cool you got to meet Pat and Marv!

Jill in CO

**DISCLAIMER** THE INFORMATION ADDED BELOW WAS ACTUALLY ENTERED YESTERDAY, THEN PHOTOBUCKET STARTED HAVING FITS. I WILL TRY TO GET THIS POSTED NOW, ALTHOUGH WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A THUNDERSTORM AND HAVE LOST POWER ABOUT 4 TIMES ALREADY****

I really am here to post an update! What? You dont' believe me? :confused3 I can't understand why. I mean I've been teasing for a week or more... well, I'm here to prove you wrong!

Magic Kingdom Day - Day 3 – May 3rd

Today was our MK day, and we were determined to get there for RD because we wanted the kids to see the Opening ceremony, because Ryan and fam had not seen this before. We had the Michelin Man – I mean Baymax wake us again. He again recommended lots of fun and magic. We managed to get ready, eat a little breakfast of Jim’s egg mcmuffins and be out the door and to the bus stop by 7:55. At 8:00 am on the dot, the MK bus arrived, and we were the first on the bus! No, we did not knock any little children or old ladies over to be first!:littleangel:

As we got off the bus, Evan was determined to carry the backpack. I mean there is no arguing with this 4 year old kind of determined. It held about 10 waters and snacks and sunscreen in it – easily weighing about 10lbs more than he – we let him try – Jim snapped this picture just before he fell over backwards with his little feet kicking like a turtle - :rotfl2:

You can see his right foot up - he is not marching - he is in the process of losing his balance. He was fine - a little confused and embarrassed, but we quickly helped him recover from the moment and we were on our way to the happiest place on earth! (You all know Disneyland coined that phrase long before WDW came to be, right?)

We made it through the tapstyles in style! Meaning no problems, no hold ups. And we were in – we were in plenty of time for….DRUM ROLL PLEASE…. Ryan and Dana and the boys to see for the first time – the Opening Ceremony and Mickey’s arrival on the train!!!!!

5 4 3 2 1 !!!!

We enjoyed the excitement, and soon we were walking down Main Street USA!!! I have to admit, I teared up when I saw the Castle! It does it to me every time. I loved the new hub area – very French Gardens. I loved it so much I forgot to take a picture! :faint:

Anyone know what this construction is?

We were headed over to Tomorrowland, while the rest of the world seemed to be heading to Fantasyland – Score!

Ryan and I stopped at a FP kiosk with our second set of magic bands not linked to tickets. NO flames please. We were doing our best to get around the 3 FP –nothing good left –used to know how to get on everything once with FP-not UBER users – just want to spend our time having fun-rules. So I had booked a campsite for one night in January – when no one was likely to be tent camping (thus not really taking anything away from anyone). I paid for the site and did not cancel it. They sent us a set of Magic bands – these were all ordered in yellow. These were for same day fast pass (SDFP) So we had yellow bands on one arm, and other mixed colors on the other. Anyhooo we stopped at the Kiosk and booked some more FP for the times on my touringplans.com that would fit. The CM was well aware of our second set of bands and still helpful and friendly. They apparently know the drill for “yellow bands.” You can also buy unlinked bands in the gift shops or online.

Our plans for the day: (the times are gone from my TP page since we already traveled, so I’m not going to try to re-create them. Do you care exactly what time? I think not!)

Buzz Lightyear -

Space Mtn- FP+

Barnstormer-

Dumbo – Yellow FP

Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Pirates of the Caribbean-Yellow FP

7 Dwarfs Mine Train – FP+

Lunch

Splash Mountain – FP+

BTMRR-Yellow FP

Tom Sawyer

Tomorrowland Speedway –

Dinner

MSEP and Wishes (if we were still able to hang)

We shall see how this all turns out – DUM-DUM-DUM! I have to say trying to coordinate our two sets of FP, even though we got the times we needed, was still hard. Much easier to get them one at a time the old way. With the new FP+ - there is nothing left to get. If they close this loophole, I am not so sure I want to go and spend all of the money to stand in line everywhere. I will go along and let the kiddos do what they want and enjoy the resort more, or go during the Sept – Oct time frame.

NEXT: Who wins in the Buzz tourney? Apparently if you cross your eyes you can score more????? (Hint: this is not a hint - well now maybe it is :tilt:)

And which two rides do we miss?

Last edited:
Catching back up. Mmmm, 'Ohana is awesome! I haven't been there for ages. So cool you got to meet Pat and Marv!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! We didn't go far witout you! :goodvibes It was great to be able to meet Pat and Marv! I couldn't believe they were planning to run at 10pm!

WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A THUNDERSTORM AND HAVE LOST POWER ABOUT 4 TIMES ALREADY****

Wow. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

I really am here to post an update! What? You dont' believe me?

I'll believe it when I see it!!

well, I'm here to prove you wrong!

:laughing: Okay!

eat a little breakfast of Jim’s egg mcmuffins

What's that? Did he make a run to McDonalds?

out the door and to the bus stop by 7:55. At 8:00 am on the dot, the MK bus arrived, and we were the first on the bus!

Good timing!

No, we did not knock any little children or old ladies over to be first!:littleangel:

But if anyone had been in your way...

Jim snapped this picture just before he fell over backwards with his little feet kicking like a turtle - :rotfl2:

You can see his right foot up - he is not marching - he is in the process of losing his balance.

:laughing: I did think he was marching.

we quickly helped him recover from the moment and we were on our way to the happiest place on earth! (You all know Disneyland coined that phrase long before WDW came to be, right?)

Yep. Because WDW's slogan is The Most Magical Place On Earth

Love that pic!

I have to admit, I teared up when I saw the Castle!

You may not be the only one who does that.

:rolleyes:

I loved the new hub area – very French Gardens. I loved it so much I forgot to take a picture! :faint:

:laughing: I totally get getting caught up in the moment.

Anyone know what this construction is?

It was there when I was there too.

No idea.

I have to say trying to coordinate our two sets of FP, even though we got the times we needed, was still hard.

Never had to do that since I was solo, so I can't help you there.

NEXT: Who wins in the Buzz tourney? Apparently if you cross your eyes you can score more?????

Gotta say it was you.

And which two rides do we miss?

BTMRR and Speedway

Wow. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Oh, it got even better. Apparently when the power went on and off it triggered the garage door opener ( because Jim is sure he closed it) - rain got in and soaked a box of recent photos of the grandkids and our wedding scrapbook made for our 25th. I was on my way out to a bible study with the girls, so I asked Jim to bring the wet photos in and lay them out to dry. I come home and find the box "tampered with" but still full. Where are the drying photos? "Well, I wiped some stuff off with a towel...." REALLY? Wife rant here - I'm sure you have never done anything similar. Anyway, before leaving for dinner, we had to pull everything out of said box and peel the pics apart, fan out the still wet scrapbook... pics all over the house. I'm sure he couldn't possibly think his "wiping off" was okay, but I did not throw a fit. It wouldn't change anything. You learn that after 35 years. Doh!

I'll believe it when I see it!!

:laughing: Okay!

What's that? Did he make a run to McDonalds?
No, I had English Muffins and cheese in the suitcase, and he ordered eggs from Garden Grocer. Nice to have a kitchen this trip.

Good timing!

But if anyone had been in your way...

:moped::car:

:laughing: I did think he was marching.

Yep. Because WDW's slogan is The Most Magical Place On Earth

Oh, then we were in the wrong place! :rotfl2:

Love that pic!

You may not be the only one who does that.

:rolleyes:

:laughing: I totally get getting caught up in the moment.

It was there when I was there too.

No idea.

Never had to do that since I was solo, so I can't help you there.

Gotta say it was you.

Are you sure??? You might want to read the not clues again....:earboy2:

BTMRR and Speedway

Noted. Thanks for reading - I think I've lost almost all the readers that were here....

I'm giggling at Evan going over backwards. Poor kid, he just wanted to help! Yay for making RD and the opening show! Very magical start to your day.

Jill in CO

I'm giggling at Evan going over backwards. Poor kid, he just wanted to help! Yay for making RD and the opening show! Very magical start to your day.

Jill in CO
It was pretty funny, but we did our best not to laugh. He looked so serious and confused. :rotfl2: Thanks! I just love that opening - such a celebration!:Pinkbounc

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: you made the Welcome Show. I do love that show...no matter how many times I've seen it.

Score on the extra FP.

I LOVE the new hub area...I think it is just beautiful.

You really are intent on Buzz.

I'm going to say Ryan won and you missed Magic Carpets and Splash.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: you made the Welcome Show. I do love that show...no matter how many times I've seen it.

Score on the extra FP.

I LOVE the new hub area...I think it is just beautiful.

You really are intent on Buzz.

I'm going to say Ryan won and you missed Magic Carpets and Splash.

It is so much fun! I'm sorry it took me so long to figure that out!

Yes, the hub looks like a great place for a picnic! I was thinking they should sell picnic lunches like they do at AK, but then the aesthetics wouldn't be the same, would it? People and strollers and blankets and trash. Oh My!

Yes, I really, really wanted to score more than my 4 yr old grandson! :rotfl2:

I have noted your answers! Thanks for being here! :dance3:

Just an update on the contest. I apparently am so good at asking questions, that no one can answer. :rotfl2: I will try to give more hints. Even though I can see why a kid would think the bathtub door was funny, it was only a place to try to climb and conquer for Evan. Mason didn't even notice it. No one guessed our ADRs at Ohana - so the results stand:

5 points (half credit) for Kathy for noticing the phrase first
1 point each for Mark and Ponz for also noticing the phrase
and 2 points to Mark for saying Beer and Xanax together is a mistake! :laughing:

A little life update. Mark and family are on their way back from a trip to Disneyland and the Oregon coast. They surprised the kids the night before they left. We got to be part of the surprise! Lindsay made some scratch offs that she made into a puzzle for each of the kids to uncover and piece together. The older ones started guessing before it was all revealed! Of course their reactions were a little less than we’d hoped, but it was fun.

vyvm1VC_OKNh3J9j5E-9FKnvAn0qTdUdf3PyRilSLowLAYspN

SURPRISE.jpg

Then, a knock on the door and a delivery with a letter from Mickey (I had purchased these pieces from a local facebook site, and Lindsay made the letter) They started to get a little more excited as the news sank in!
5WaZQCf_a3lOtDxyOBCggoIcqhpS9w_QJ-uUYHmXbdQLAYspN

And I am very proud to say I have spawned a DIS worthy child! Here is Mark with his binder and plans! I had nothing to do with this – he doesn’t get on the DIS, but I have apparently been a good example, and he found some planning sites. That’s my boy!
-sFBdS0KulpREdnpYpU42K8N9b1A7Qg52atQBb5gbRILAYspN

j5_X5ucLTKK2hPh0FXMSVT9zjU9wwYeCUn9pVYuN7QALAYspN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter