Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

:rolleyes1INTRODUCTIONS

Okay, let’s get ready for take-off! Who is going?

Myself, and my hubby Jim – we were already introduced above. I should mention Jim was blessed with a better job since my last report. He is now working as a safety coordinator for the same company – a job he is more suited for and enjoys much more.

We were also excited to have DS Ryan, DDIL Dana, DGS Mason, 8 and DGS Evan, 4 joining us!

Dates: May 1 – 9, 2015

Resort: All Star Music for one night, SSR for 7

We originally planned for SSR May 2-9. I then decided Jim and I should fly out Friday night after work and stay at MCO Hyatt so we could be at the resort early in the day and check in, maybe set up a surprise or two for the boys, and have a little time to relax before the gang arrived. Well, Ryan decided they would do the same, so we started looking at hotels near the airport and eventually gravitated closer and closer to the World, until we were staying onsite in a family suite at ASMU! We really liked it there, BTW, except for the sticky floors and chaos in the food court.

Once I had our SW flights booked we were arriving at 11pm and they were arriving at 3pm. I couldn’t wait to hug my boys and Dana knowing they were already there, so afternoon flights for just $45 more!

Ryan’s flight changed so that they were arriving at 4:55 pm and we were arriving at 5:40, so they decided to wait for us so we could ride ME together!

It was nice to have flights leaving later in the morning, rather than the O dark thirty that we are used to leaving at. We had the house/pet sitter all squared away, bags and everything ready to go by 10am. My boss’s wife picked us up at 10:30 to head to the airport, and we were pulling up at curbside by 11am. I love the ease of curbside. Apparently, the skycap isn’t used to good tips, because once we tipped, he followed us all the way inside, wishing us a good trip, and showing us where to check in for our TSA Pre-Check line. Yep, that’s how we roll.

We had a delicious lunch at the Mexican grill after whizzing through security, shoes on, electronics and liquids in the bags. So happy to have the Pre-Check. Jim’s lunch came out wrong, so we had to wait quite awhile for the correct order. The manager came over and apologized and gave us our chips and salsa free, and insisted we take desert to go on him. We got Tres Leches cake so we had to balance the little containers all the way to the resort room. Not horrible, but a little inconvenient.

We were toward the end of the A group for seating, but found an aisle seat for Jim and had a really fun seat mate who I chatted with almost all the way to Orlando. She lives an hour from here and does the hair of someone famous in the network marketing world that I used to listen to and watch. She was flying out to help put on an event for her – Dani Johnson. She was giving me advice about my hair color, so we exchanged cards and I may need to take a road trip some day soon! Jim gets claustrophobic on planes, so my boss had fixed him up with some Xanax. He also had a beer with our lunch so he had a nice nap on the flight.

Once we landed, I texted Ryan that we were there, and he said they would meet us out in the lobby, as they came in on the B side and we came in on the A side. So we got off the first monorail ride of the trip, and walked toward the middle, and there they were, waiting to surprise us!!! It was so nice to finally be together after almost two years of planning!

The check in process for ME was slick – since we were all linked in MDE, just one person from the group had to tap their band (well, it’s a little more than a tapJ) and we were all in! We were headed down the highway in no time. I sat with Evan, and Jim sat with Mason. Evan kept looking out the Window and aksing, “is this Disney World?” We finally saw this:

And we made it to the All Star Music on the third stop. I was so excited that I didn’t even take any pics. Here are some stock photos.

Check in was quick, and the kids enjoyed watching cartoons while Ryan was checking us in. We got a nice family suite in Calypso with one bedroom with a queen, a pull out couch with a queen, a convertible chair that was really slick, and an ottoman that made into a great little kiddo bed. We were able to place that in the little hallway to the kitchen area. We also had two bathrooms!

It was a really ingenious use of space, and a fun destination for one night. We were near the pool, but it was not noisy at all, and it was even cheerleading weekend.

ingenious use of space, and a fun destination for one night. We were near the pool, but it was not noisy at all, and it was even cheerleading weekend.

The kids were aching to jump in the guitar pool but we were all starving, so we headed to the food court to see what we could see – I mean eat.

Ryan and Dana each had the Baked Chicken plate, the kids had chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, and Jim and I shared a salmon dinner. We all enjoyed our dinners. We purchased our refillable mugs, because the DM informed us that now they are for length of stay and can travel from resort to resort with you. He didn’t get any information from us, and we paid cash for our meals, so it was not tied to a ressie. However you can only fill your mug every 15 min. You can not chug it down in one gulp and refill right away – or pour it into another cup and refill….

With our tummies full, we headed back toward the room to change, only to see that the CHEERLEADERS had a private party going on at the pool, and it was closed. So we changed direction and went to the arcade to play for awhile.

About bedtime, 8:30 pm, we headed back toward the room, only to see that the pool was open, and our little caballeros were raring to go.

Ryan was a good daddy and changed and got in the pool(AND he let the boys come in the pool with him!) while Jim and Dana and I just got a chair near the pool. I may have gone to the bar and gotten a glass of wine to go….:rolleyes1

After a little while, we got out the new beach towels we had brought from the Disney store to surprise the boys, wrapped them up and headed off to dreamland.

First person to tell me what's wrong with the report above gets 10 points. Ooo boy - now I have to make a contest. Bonus points if you know what car I'm referring to below.

Next: Where did they put that car and where is the bridge???

Last edited:
ingenious use of space, and a fun destination for one night. We were near the pool, but it was not noisy at all, and it was even cheerleading weekend.

You used that twice...that's all I can figure out.

Great update. I'm glad they all waited for you at the airport (I did not know Jim was claustrophobic on planes. I'm glad the beer and meds knocked him out.

The room at the All Stars looks really nice. Great that there was no noise with the cheerleaders.

I hope you'll join us for a little family fun.

::yes::

Our 7 grandchildren includes 3 adopted here in Texas. It has been quite a roller coaster of emotion, and as many of you have "walked" this journey with me since our last trip I'm going to begin my story with an update to the family - if you'll indulge me. If you won't ---- well, it's my TR so.....:P

Au contraire! I'd love to hear what's been going on!

Many of you followed along in my last TR,(A Princess, Pirates and Pixie Dust) where our DS Mark and DDIL Lindsay were just beginning a journey of foster to adopt a little guy, Bentley, whom we called Maverick, or Mav here on the DIS.

I remember.

Londynn age 7 (she's in to competitive Cheer and American Girl dolls

What is with those dolls! My DDs were crazy about them too for a while.

Faith came to the family at the end of July, just before Bentley's second birthday. She was 6 months old and had spent most of her life living in a car in her carseat. She had only been breast fed by a drug addicted mom. She went through withdrawal and is a little delayed, but a precious and bright gift.

Wow.

So Livee Faith became her name on March 30, 2015!

:goodvibes

The foster parents kept him for year and then decided they didn't want him because he has ADHD and wasn't "athletic enough" for them.

What!?!? Who does that????

for over a year - he was told that they didn’t want him,

Oh. My. God. :sad2:
Unreal.

He spends a lot of time trying to make sure you are “happy” with him so we won’t send him away.

Awwww...

With tears in his eyes, the man told Mase, “young man, I was in your shoes 50 years ago!” There was not a dry eye in the room.

Oh, my...

Mase kept saying, “I get to stay with y’all forever!!!” with a big grin on his face.

I've really got to stop chopping onions while I read the DIS... in bed.

Needless to say, he “tested the waters” for awhile to see what would happen to him if he was bad. Interesting times.

:laughing: I love how you call them "interesting times".

Are you following me? So now we have Myles, Londynn, Mase and Faith in the family.

Yup. Still with ya.

Lindsay made these adorable plaques that are hanging above each of their beds.

Those are wonderful.

It is a busy household,

You don't say!

Thanks for indulging me.

No, Tammie. Thank you for sharing.

Ponzi! Thanks for checking in! Hope the dance and wedding went well. Looking forward to having you here!

Dance went well, we got Gold and made the judge cry (which was the goal. :laughing:)
The wedding was really nice and we all enjoyed it.

I should mention Jim was blessed with a better job since my last report. He is now working as a safety coordinator for the same company – a job he is more suited for and enjoys much more.

Way to go Jim! :)

Ryan’s flight changed so that they were arriving at 4:55 pm and we were arriving at 5:40, so they decided to wait for us so we could ride ME together!

Nice!

It was nice to have flights leaving later in the morning, rather than the O dark thirty that we are used to leaving at.

Tell me about it! :sad2:

So happy to have the Pre-Check.

I don't think we have that up here. At least I've never heard of it.

We got Tres Leches cake so we had to balance the little containers all the way to the resort room. Not horrible, but a little inconvenient.

Oh, yes. The horror of having free desserts. :laughing:

It was so nice to finally be together after almost two years of planning!

:goodvibes

Evan kept looking out the Window and aksing, “is this Disney World?”

Awwww.... :goodvibes

The kids were aching to jump in the guitar pool but we were all starving, so we headed to the food court to see what we could see – I mean eat.

:laughing: I'm shocked you could keep them out of there!

We purchased our refillable mugs, because the DM informed us that now they are for length of stay and can travel from resort to resort with you.

I didn't know that! Last time I bought one (before the new rfid mugs) that was a no no.

However you can only fill your mug every 15 min.

Ummm....

First person to tell me what's wrong with the report above gets 10 points. Ooo boy - now I have to make a contest. Bonus points if you know what car I'm referring to below.

.... two minutes, you mean?
Honestly, if it was 15 minutes, I'd never consider buying one.

No idea on the car. Charger?

You used that twice...that's all I can figure out.

Great update. I'm glad they all waited for you at the airport (I did not know Jim was claustrophobic on planes. I'm glad the beer and meds knocked him out.

The room at the All Stars looks really nice. Great that there was no noise with the cheerleaders.

Thanks, Kathy. You may be right, I may be crazy...Whoops - I meant to say you are partly right about the mistake.

Yep, Jim got really good at napping during this trip. I didn't take pics, because I thought that would be mean, but he used the meds for some rides he hasn't been able to enjoy lately because he hates to be strapped in.

:rotfl2:
::yes::

What is with those dolls! My DDs were crazy about them too for a while.

It's the marketing. I mean, you can make ADRs at their stores for lumch...

What!?!? Who does that????

Oh. My. God. :sad2:
Unreal.

I KNOW. How those people got to be foster parents is beyond me, anyway.

Awwww...

Oh, my...

Yeah, chopping onions in bed can be difficult. :rolleyes1

:laughing: I love how you call them "interesting times".

:)

Yup. Still with ya.

Dance went well, we got Gold and made the judge cry (which was the goal. :laughing:)
The wedding was really nice and we all enjoyed it.

Wow, impressive - made the judge cry? Congrats on the Gold!!!

Oh, yes. The horror of having free desserts. :laughing:

:laughing: I'm shocked you could keep them out of there!

I didn't know that! Last time I bought one (before the new rfid mugs) that was a no no.

It makes sense for split stays, and it's all the same company, why shouldn't they - one common sense point for Disney.

Ummm....
.... two minutes, you mean?
Honestly, if it was 15 minutes, I'd never consider buying one.

No idea on the car. Charger?
It was mostly okay - although one time I had made an adult beverage and wanted to add a little more soda - it didn't work. I can see it could be frustrating - what if you didn't like the tea or something and dumped it out - then you have to stand there parched waiting for the dispenser.

Not a charger.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

I'm in Tammie! :hyper:

Oh my gosh, you and your family are amazing:goodvibes:goodvibes To take in children who need a good home and a good family life, is just beyond awesome :)

Yeah no kidding!

Well, Ryan decided they would do the same, so we started looking at hotels near the airport and eventually gravitated closer and closer to the World, until we were staying onsite in a family suite at ASMU

:rotfl: This is something I would do. Make reservations at the airport and slowly make my way onto WDW property :thumbsup2

It was nice to have flights leaving later in the morning, rather than the O dark thirty that we are used to leaving at.

Same here! This was our first time taking a later flight and we LOVED it! Plan on doing it for all future trips if it works out.

Jim gets claustrophobic on planes, so my boss had fixed him up with some Xanax. He also had a beer with our lunch so he had a nice nap on the flight.

That's a good combination for a nap :thumbsup2

However you can only fill your mug every 15 min. You can not chug it down in one gulp and refill right away – or pour it into another cup and refill….

I never knew there was a time limit on refills. Interesting.

I love your family...so cute!!!

Awe, thank you - and Welcome! :welcome:

Ah well. Shot in the dark.

Good try.

I'm in Tammie! :hyper:

Oh my gosh, you and your family are amazing:goodvibes:goodvibes To take in children who need a good home and a good family life, is just beyond awesome :)
Welcome, Leshaface! :flower1: Thanks for coming along! Thank you for saying so. We are proud of all of them

Yeah no kidding!

Maybe I should invent some kind of a tool for chopping onions in bed - "As Seen On TV"

:rotfl: This is something I would do. Make reservations at the airport and slowly make my way onto WDW property :thumbsup2

It's kind of like Disney Math - eventually it works, or you tell yourself it does:magnify:

Same here! This was our first time taking a later flight and we LOVED it! Plan on doing it for all future trips if it works out.

Early is over-rated. Especially when it comes to ME!

That's a good combination for a nap :thumbsup2

I never knew there was a time limit on refills. Interesting.

I an assuming it is 15 min - didn't really time it, but experienced - error message that you had to wait if you tried to refill right away. Jim said he witnessed a guy who was really hot and chugged a drink, then tried to fill up and it wouldn't work.

It's Tammie's fault!

Sure just blame everything on me - I'm the reason for El Nino this year, too. :guilty:

Thanks for your patience. With two late baseball games for Myles this week and being awoken at 3 am by thunder, I am just too tired to update today There's hope though ... long weekend coming up.

Thanks for your patience. With two late baseball games for Myles this week and being awoken at 3 am by thunder, I am just too tired to update today There's hope though ... long weekend coming up.

We had such lousy weather four our long weekend. Hopefully yours will be better.

Apparently, the skycap isn’t used to good tips, because once we tipped, he followed us all the way inside, wishing us a good trip, and showing us where to check in for our TSA Pre-Check line. Yep, that’s how we roll.

Wow! Please feel free to tip your TR readers as well.:rolleyes1

We were toward the end of the A group for seating

Lucky ducks. I got C-47 on my last flight. :sad2:

Jim gets claustrophobic on planes, so my boss had fixed him up with some Xanax. He also had a beer with our lunch so he had a nice nap on the flight.

Beer and Xanax. Breakfast of champions.

Evan kept looking out the Window and aksing, “is this Disney World?”

So cute!

First person to tell me what's wrong with the report above gets 10 points.

I saw a line that repeated itself. Otherwise, I'd say having Xanax and beer together. :rotfl2:

Happy Memorial Day! If you have served in the military or are a spouse of a military member, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

I meant to be posting an update sooner this weekend, but we had a sleepover for the grands that involved Tornado warnings, shelter and huge thunderstorms. This resulted in no one sleeping so between being busy and exhausted, it is now Monday afternoon. Good news is I DO have an update now! And here it is - the phone is going off as I type with another warning. Quite the week. Looks like this one is just for flash flood in our area. Earlier today, this same storm touched down with a huge tornado in Mexico. Looks like its headed your way, Camille!
Be safe.

We had such lousy weather four our long weekend. Hopefully yours will be better.

See above. Temps in the 80's though, but not BBQ weather.

Wow! Please feel free to tip your TR readers as well.:rolleyes1
Don't think I have many, so probably won't cost much. :rotfl2:

Lucky ducks. I got C-47 on my last flight. :sad2:
Well, we paid for the early bird check in - but that used to get us high A's - now you have to pay for some kind of upgrade to get that. They do find a way to get you to pay more.

Beer and Xanax. Breakfast of champions.
:crazy:

So cute!
I saw a line that repeated itself. Otherwise, I'd say having Xanax and beer together.

Answer next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter