Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

I did! I just celebrated it at a much more reasonable time of year.

:rolleyes1

Awww... They look like they're having fun!

Good choice,Mason!

This is the third TR in a row that I've read where the writer has gone to Hoop De Doo and sat up next to the stage.

We were technically in the 2nd row, I see by looking at the pics (I found more!) but we were out on a corner near the steps, so it felt like front row!

Didn't know they did that.

:laughing: Was he embarrassed or happy?

I think he was just having fun and playing along!

:lmao: That's great!

:rotfl: That cracks me up!

I love how you mention the wine and beer and then post a photo of the kids.

:rotfl2: I noticed that, but figured it would make you laugh!

Poor Alice. I hope Ryan let her down gently.

Odd. But at least you can sleep nights now knowing Disney didn't let that money making opportunity go by.

Go!

Skip the food. Enjoy the show again and drink more wine and beer!
(Or were the kids pretty hammered already? :rolleyes:)

Sounds like a plan! :drinking1

Cronut.
Noted. Thanks for returning!

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!!!!

We did! So relaxing and felt like "home." And a cute little snowman didn't hurt!

Hoop de Doo is still on my must do list. It always sounds like a fun time. I like that your table got some "personal" service.

Is that because you haven't done it yet, or you try to always do it? I think it is tons of fun, even if it is hokey. The kids always love it!

It was fun being a part of the show. (kind of) Good times.

Thanks for reading!

Awwww, you got to do the Hoop-do-Doo!! Did you get to have any special Hoop-de-Views in the bathroom like I did? Oh man, I still LOL when I think back to that night. So FUNNY!!!

I just adore that show! Very consistent in quality- both food and show. I would do it again in a heartbeat. But too many others firsts I need to check off the list first. Fun update, Tammie!

Awwww, you got to do the Hoop-do-Doo!! Did you get to have any special Hoop-de-Views in the bathroom like I did? Oh man, I still LOL when I think back to that night. So FUNNY!!!

I just adore that show! Very consistent in quality- both food and show. I would do it again in a heartbeat. But too many others firsts I need to check off the list first. Fun update, Tammie!
:rotfl2:I did not venture over that way - I remember faintly thinking there was something confusing about the bathroom and avoided it, because I couldn't remember why! Now I do! :rotfl: It is always a fun time! Thanks for being here!

I found more fun pictures - I'll be back to post them - I'm just so exhausted by work this past couple of weeks. Please appreciate your doctor's staff during flu season - you have no idea what they are really going through!

:rotfl2:I did not venture over that way - I remember faintly thinking there was something confusing about the bathroom and avoided it, because I couldn't remember why! Now I do! :rotfl: It is always a fun time! Thanks for being here!

I seem to have a knack for confusing bathrooms. Happened at the Portland Airport with Camille too. We about died laughing- Security didn't think it was very funny though when I screamed.

Is that because you haven't done it yet, or you try to always do it? I think it is tons of fun, even if it is hokey. The kids always love it!

I guess I should say my need to do list. Never done it just need to find the right time to work it in.

I seem to have a knack for confusing bathrooms. Happened at the Portland Airport with Camille too. We about died laughing- Security didn't think it was very funny though when I screamed.

I remember that story! :rotfl2:

I guess I should say my need to do list. Never done it just need to find the right time to work it in.

Yes, you should have it on your list for sure!

More Hoop - De-Doo!
I know I reported on this dinner a long time ago, but I found a few more pics so I thought I would share those before looking at the contest and posting an update.

This shot shows how many people they serve at one time - pretty impressive. The balcony seating is the Tier 3, halfway back on the bottom floor is Tier 2, and the front area is Tier 1 (or something like that)

Family and food

Some before dinner shenanigans

"Don't worry, I didn't really kiss him. Much."

Showtime fun

Our server bringing the Strawberry Shortcake!!!

Our Portrait (lots of shadows and funny faces! )

Okay, Let's see - I don't think anyone guessed our ADR at Hoop De Doo! Moving on to Epcot, the
question was, with our plan to "Eat around the World" what snack do we try first? I believe I have one guess so far...

Snacking around the world and a DISmeet May 6, 2015

All of our Hoopin’ and Hollorin’ got us all tuckered out - it looked kind of like this:

A morning call from the big balloon guy did the trick:

Today was our Epcot day and even though we could sleep a little later, we were dragging, so we ended up with “gramurder bars” and bananas on the way to the bus with a plan to start snacking early. Our plan for today was to knock out FW in the morning and then snack our way around the world to our heart’s content, or until our stomach limited the content, then to Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink!!!!

Our plans looked like this:

Test Track – 9am

Mission Space – FP+ 9:25

Advanced Training Lab 9:35

Soarin’ – FP+ - 10:00

Living with the Land – 10:20

Turtle Talk with Crush – FP+ - 10:50

The Seas with Nemo and Friends – 11:10

Start Touring and Eating! –

How did we do? Today actually went pretty well, except it was really hot and we got hungry, some of us a little hangry, I think.

We got out to the bus lickety split, and it pulled right up - I think we waited about 2 minutes! I guess we borrowed a little PD from Pkondz! pixiedust: Once onboard, we were the only ones on the bus!!

We made it to the turnstyle with 10 minutes to open. We were about 20 back from the front, when a CM came up and stood at an empty one on the right. I saw another guest go up and speak to her, and then stay there, so I ran over to her, jumping over strollers and knocking old ladies down - Wait! I'M AN OLD LADY! So anyway I hurried over and then called the fam - SCORE! Second ones in at that line! :yay:

First up, head quickly over to TT for stand-by. Plan was carried out perfectly -enjoyed the new queue, we had so much fun building our vehicles, that we kind of dragged ourselves over to the ride - oh yeah, we're here for some speed!!!!

Doesn't look like any of us are enjoying the ride! :rotfl:

I guess I'll head out for now - we are headed to the Hunger Games movie. If you haven't seen Star Wars, BTW, what is wrong with you? Get out and see it!!! Not to be missed - Okay Kathy, you get a pass. :darth::chewy:

Yay!! for a great day- or at least a great START to the day! It'll be fun to see the new TT queue and ride changes. I keep hearing they aren't all the great, but I'm still excited to see them for myself!

This shot shows how many people they serve at one time - pretty impressive. The balcony seating is the Tier 3, halfway back on the bottom floor is Tier 2, and the front area is Tier 1 (or something like that)

Whoa. Thanks for that shot Tammie. Never knew how big it was.

Our Portrait (lots of shadows and funny faces! )

Oh, that's a keeper.

:rolleyes2

All of our Hoopin’ and Hollorin’ got us all tuckered out - it looked kind of like this:

Awww... Boy, they're right out!

so we ended up with “gramurder bars”

:laughing:

How did we do? Today actually went pretty well, except it was really hot and we got hungry, some of us a little hangry, I think.

Uh, oh.

We got out to the bus lickety split, and it pulled right up - I think we waited about 2 minutes! I guess we borrowed a little PD from Pkondz! pixiedust:

You're welcome.

so I ran over to her, jumping over strollers and knocking old ladies down -

Go, Tammie! Go!

Wait! I'M AN OLD LADY!

YOU ARE NOT!

So anyway I hurried over and then called the fam - SCORE! Second ones in at that line! :yay:

Nice! Good catch.

Doesn't look like any of us are enjoying the ride! :rotfl:

It really doesn't! :laughing:

If you haven't seen Star Wars, BTW, what is wrong with you? Get out and see it!!!

I've been trying!
I don't want to wait for an hour in line to get decent seats, so I've been checking at the reserve seat theatres only. Booked solid until the 1st!
Hoping to see it on the 2nd.

Whoa. Thanks for that shot Tammie. Never knew how big it was.

Happy to help

Oh, that's a keeper.

:rolleyes2

Awww... Boy, they're right out!

:laughing:

Uh, oh.

You're welcome.

Go, Tammie! Go!

YOU ARE NOT!

Nice! Good catch.

It really doesn't! :laughing:

I've been trying!
I don't want to wait for an hour in line to get decent seats, so I've been checking at the reserve seat theatres only. Booked solid until the 1st!
Hoping to see it on the 2nd.

It's okay, it will still be good on the 2nd. We did reserved at a matinee, too. It will give you time to review the original if you haven't. It is a good idea to watch the original number 1, which is now number 4, if you haven't seen it lately, More fun if you know the references made in the new one, number 7.

Yay!! for a great day- or at least a great START to the day! It'll be fun to see the new TT queue and ride changes. I keep hearing they aren't all the great, but I'm still excited to see them for myself!

I didn't think the ride was that different, but fun! Jim can take it or leave it, but we got so into building our cars we felt a little rushed to move onto the ride part :goodvibes I think you'll like it!

Last edited:
Hello!!! I don't know if anyone still remembers this trip - I have been so crazy busy, I'm just too tired to post. But things have settled down,and I actually had some time today. First, I have to make an announcement - Drum Roll Please....... WE HAVE ANOTHER GRANDCHILD!!!! That makes SIX for Mark and Lindsay!!!! They were asked to take in Livee's little brother - his name in our family is MJ. He is 8 months old and the most adorable, sweet natured happy baby ever! We are all in love instantly! He joined the family yesterday at the request of the tribe, who you remember had to approve of Livee's placement - now they are requesting them because they want Marshall to be with a sibling, and they know she is safe and loved, so WHY NOT SIX??? They have a You Tube channel that has been growing and I thought I would post the intro link here, and then their "getting ready for baby" video too. I will be back to post an actual update Next. It is written and pics are uploaded, so let's hope the laptop cooperates.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNnLBd7uVd5bsC2nFhU_6xQ

And he arrives:

Last edited:
THE NEED FOR SPEED! When we left off a looooong time ago, We were speeding out on TT. I found some pics of us building the cars, just to prove we actually did it..

Next up, our FP+ for Soarin’. We asked to wait for the front row, and our wish was granted! We only had to wait for one ride and we were on! This was Evan’s first time on the ride, and he was sitting next to me. He was really worried about what happened to his flip flops, and he held on to my arm pretty tightly for the first few scenes, then he relaxed and smiled, and watched in wonder! When we were finished, he was jumping up and down – he loved it!

We were already hot and thirsty, so we stopped by the Coke refreshment spot. No takers on the Beverly this time.

It was just about time for MS, so we walked up with the stroller and our FP+ and got a child swap. Jim didn’t want to ride, so I stayed out with he and Evan for the first ride – Ryan, Dana and Mason did the orange. I think we took Evan in the dump shop to choose a toy. Looks like I'm a little short of pics for the beginning of the day.

When they came out, Jim and I rode the green side with Mason. Always lots of fun! Mason was the navigator, and he was very serious about his job. We had an empty seat, so we had a few giggles trying to keep up with who would fill that job so we wouldn’t fail our mission!

I had set aside some time to play a few of the games in the Training Lab in case the boys wanted to spend some time on the computers in here. They weren’t really too excited about it – I think a few of use took a bathroom break while they were looking, and then we headed out. Ryan and I found the Chase photo place around here somewhere and made an appointment to come back later for our free character photo session.

We stopped to get some pictures - It was F&G, BTW!

I have to mention here that we had a hard time with the PP people in this park. We are polite people, we don't push in front of others who are already waiting, and we always say please and thank you. I know the guy in this spot in particular and also another place coming up - was not interested at all in taking shots, and you would have thought we asked for a million dollars to ask for these shots of the boys holding up the ball. Ryan wanted one, too, but decided not to since the Photographer was so relunctant. We were the only guests waiting for pics at the time. We pay quite a bit for the MM, I think they should be ready and willing to help us get the shots we want... Rant over.

- I think we skipped Livin’ with the Land today, and headed over to Turtle Talk – we had a FP, but they didn’t let us in early or anything. The boys managed to get down near the front and we were in the back. The audience participation today was a little short on participation, so it wasn’t really as fun as I thought it would be. I would probably skip this one next time. After the mad stampede of playing "find your children" when it was over, we went out to find Nemo, and got some more pics:
Note the Yehti prominantly displayed

We found the Chase Character meet and got to have our own photo session with the gang. We were able to get 2 5x7 because Ryan and I each had Chase Disney cards. So much fun!

Oh and to add to today's excitement, I booked our stay at DLR for Paradise Pier for Mark's family and Jim and I for CHRISTMAS!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED>>>>

Last edited:
Okay, you shamed me about being here, so made it over. :flower3: Guess I slept through the bat signal. Since it appears I have already made a guest appearance, I will try to head back ASAP and get all caught up. It appears you are moving at a slow enough pace even ol' Marv MIGHT be able to keep up..............:rolleyes1:sad2:

First, I have to make an announcement - Drum Roll Please....... WE HAVE ANOTHER GRANDCHILD!!!!

No way!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

I didn't watch the whole video (X2) but enough to see all the excitement.

So happy for everyone in your family! :goodvibes

I found some pics of us building the cars, just to prove we actually did it..

Pictures or it never happened, right?

Next up, our FP+ for Soarin’. We asked to wait for the front row, and our wish was granted!

It's been my experience that the CMs try to accommodate.

He was really worried about what happened to his flip flops, and he held on to my arm pretty tightly for the first few scenes,

:laughing: awww...

When we were finished, he was jumping up and down – he loved it!

:goodvibes

No takers on the Beverly this time.

Darn! Growing wise, are they?

Such strong boys!

I know the guy in this spot in particular and also another place coming up - was not interested at all in taking shots, and you would have thought we asked for a million dollars to ask for these shots of the boys holding up the ball.

:sad2: Really? Maybe he wanted to have full creative control.
Then get another gig, dude.

We pay quite a bit for the MM, I think they should be ready and willing to help us get the shots we want... Rant over.

I agree.
He's not paying you to pose.
When I need a model shoot for a specific project,
I pay them!
When they pay me, I do what they tell me to do!

After the mad stampede of playing "find your children" when it was over

Nerve wracking time for parents.

Oh and to add to today's excitement, I booked our stay at DLR for Paradise Pier for Mark's family and Jim and I for CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Good news all around today!

WE HAVE ANOTHER GRANDCHILD!!!! That makes SIX for Mark and Lindsay!!!!

Congrats to the whole family!!!!!!

We were already hot and thirsty, so we stopped by the Coke refreshment spot. No takers on the Beverly this time.

They must be on to you....:rolleyes:

Ryan and I found the Chase photo place around here somewhere and made an appointment to come back later for our free character photo session.

An appointment??? Well that beats the long line I always seem to encounter.

I have to mention here that we had a hard time with the PP people in this park.

Sorry to hear you had a bad PP. No excuse for that.

We found the Chase Character meet and got to have our own photo session with the gang.

I have tried a couple of times but the lines... Now that you say appointment ... well that changes things.

More Good News!!!

Woohoooooo! Another trip booked! Hot diggity!

Your PP Pix are so sweet! I didn't know that some pix were free with a Chase card. Hmmmm...?

Anyway, popped over before I sit down to a marathon study session tonight after a wonderful day of family. ^_^

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter