• CIRCUIT CITY

• STAPLES

• OFFICE MAX/OFFICE DEPOT

• KOHLS/MACYS

• HOME DEPOT/LOWES/MENARDS

• ONLINE ONLY

• NOT GOING

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since I did my shopping online this morning, I'd like to know what the "secret" sale items were at Walmart this morning.

Just got a few cheap movies and 2 seasons of House so pretty happy (I only lost out on the Twilight books and a hoodie from Hop Topic)

Since I did my shopping online this morning, I'd like to know what the "secret" sale items were at Walmart this morning.

I don't know and I was at Walmart.....they just handed me the regular ad....I wanted to get in and out though so I didn't go asking about them.

I don't know and I was at Walmart.....they just handed me the regular ad....I wanted to get in and out though so I didn't go asking about them.

That is all my Walmart has ever done, too. Others made it sound like a yearly event. I guess it is just certain stores.

I have another question about your Walmarts. Ours is not 24 hrs-open from 6-midnight most days. So our line is outside. The ones who have a 24 hr Walmart and got to wait inside-did your Walmart not close for Thanksgiving? Or did it close and open back up at a certain time? I just assumed that they would all close, and reopen at 5am, but reading some of the Budget boards posts proved that wasn't the case.

My Walmart closes around 3pm and reopens at midnight. They let us in the store but you can't get any of the blitz items until 5:00 am. They actually do a countdown. They also spread all the items all around the store (ex. toys will be in the isle in the deli department, the pants will be in the isle around the produce). When we walk in they give you a map of where all the blitz items are located and you just go stake out the items you want and wait until 5. They usually only get one or two pallets of each item.

That is all my Walmart has ever done, too. Others made it sound like a yearly event. I guess it is just certain stores.

I have another question about your Walmarts. Ours is not 24 hrs-open from 6-midnight most days. So our line is outside. The ones who have a 24 hr Walmart and got to wait inside-did your Walmart not close for Thanksgiving? Or did it close and open back up at a certain time? I just assumed that they would all close, and reopen at 5am, but reading some of the Budget boards posts proved that wasn't the case.

I called both our superwalmarts which are 24 hour and they said they were not opening until 5 on Friday - I think they both closed on thanksgiving night.

The one we went to did not close at all for Thanksgiving. We went around 9pm Thanksgiving night to see if anything was out yet so we'd know where to go. But they were just clearing the spots/cleaning the floors then. Went back at 4am and found our pallet and waited until 5am.

Breaking News - 2 Confirmed Dead at So Cal ToysRus
Black Friday is getting out of hand, I feel so sorry for all these consumers who think this is the only day that you can acutally get a deal.
Anyhow, 2 people were shot to death at a ToysRus in Palm Desert, California. Supposedly there was a confrontation among two female shoppers, when one of the men with the woman, got into the argument and shot the other lady and someone else. Imagine all those kids in the store that had to witness this. Wow!

This and the news about the Walmart employee being trampled to death in New York, makes this a deadly Black Friday

I heard on the news that is was actually 2 rival gang members who were shopping in the same store?

Sad and disgusting no matter what the circumstances.

LOL my best deals were
1 FREE box of Moose munch ( popcorn snack) at Harry &Davids... didn't buy anything got it for signing up for store discount card
2 queen size pillows at JCPenney's for 3.99 reg. price 11.99

We went by Target this morning and happened to swing by the electronic department. The Wii games that were advertised yesterday that were sold out all had raincheck slips, while each game also had another game that you could get instead for the price of the game that was sold out. We grabbed a raincheck for Boom Blox ($20 on sale) and they had Wii Monopoly next to it also on sale for $20 to replace Boom Blox. They were also doing this for advertised DS games.

I'm not sure if this is true for every store, but our raincheck is good until the middle of January. It was a nice surprise.

Well I headed to Kohl's and was in line at 3:45 am. Got the 1/2 ct diamond solitaire earrings, 6 fleece throws and 6 pair of "fuzzy" socks. Did really well as we got DD's discount.

Next off to Walmart where I got the $4 pj pants for DS and a bunch of DVD's that I price matched from Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Target. All $3.99 - $8.99. I also got some shelf liner that I needed and a pair of speed racer gloves for my nephew.

Next off to Target where I didn't buy anything.

Then to Bob's stores. I got a Champion fleece pullover for $10, a UNH hooded sweatshirt for $7 and a BC hooded sweatshirt for $7.

My best deal was at AC Moore. All Thomas the Train stuff was buy one get one free and if you checked out by 9 am you got an additional 30% off your entire purchase. I got my nephew the Haunted Mine and the Lighthouse Bridge with the boat. They were each $55 and I ended up paying a total of $22 for both!!!!

Christmas Tree shops was next. All I needed there was boxes, gift bags and wrapping paper so I got it and got out.

Off to the mall where I got:

Hollister: 2 pair of sweatpants for DD at $24.90/pr
Claire's : Earrings for my nieces at buy 2 get 1 free
Disney Store: Baby Bell doll for $8
A & F: 2 shirts for DD at $13.90 each
Macy's: Givenchy cologne for DH at $38
Borders: Book for DH at $13.98
JC Penney: Turtlenecks for me at $5.98 each

Got home around noon time and started wrapping.

Got up at 4:15 and was at Walmart at 4:55.
Got 10 pairs of pj's for 4.00 each
4 kids winter jackets 8.00 each
HSM dolls 5.00 each
Spiderman 1 and 2 DVD 2.00 each
Lightsabers 10.00 each
My sister is my partner in crime, she gets in line right when we get to the store and I do the shopping. Poor soul, waited for almost an hour in line at Walmart.

went to TRU - walked in and walked out, it was tooooo busy, lines were way too long (last year we waited for 2 hours in line at TRU) and there wasn't anything that great in the sale ad anyway.

Then off to Target - got there at about 6:30
got some spy gear toys 14.99
the fold up racetrack thingy from Hotwheels 10.00
lots of DVD's some for 3.98 and some 5.98
stick vac 10.00

Went to Kmart and the line was too long, so I went back later in the afternoon and got
this red robot toy 7.50
Ben10 new omnitrex watch thingy 14.99
accessories for the Ben 10 5.50 each

It was a great time. Got lots of good deals. I just love the rush of Black Friday.
I do have to say its terrible that people are getting hurt and killed in the midst of all of this.

Mom and I went on Thankgiving to Michaels and mom got shirts and reindeer rinstone iron ons so we made matching shirts. She got the cricut jutebox for me and SIL.

Fri. am went to Walmart. They had the center loop where the palats were roped off so we walked around found the $8 coat for DS4 on a rack and the $9 kung fu panda. Then found the isle by the kids jeans. Found them for younger kids (but was too big for oldest, they are going back). The $4 pj's were at the front of the rush so I didn't even consider going there. Found the lined clogs for me but not the kids.

Then off to JC Penny's. Mom got a lot of stuff there. Crock pot, clothes for the kids. It was a little after 6 plenty of snow globes b/c they were only giving them out at the entrance by Custmer service/beauty salon.

Got to Walgreens at 10 min till 7. Mom got the bogo front door trees and I got the bogo lil kinz. (bought 3 got 3). and the think carrot lotion cream. We checked out at beauty and she gave us a one per person coupon so it was only $1 for that.

out by 7:10. chick fil a for breakfast (a drive though one) and the guy was still asleep, (or slept through training) b/c it took him 5 times to ring up moms coupon and the same for me took just as much trouble

Then to Target. Got some of the $4 and $6 movies. They had a lot of their stuff left, minus the games. Mom did a lot of shopping there. then home. I didn't need much and mom got a lot done so it was productive day over all.

We went back to Target after lunch b/c she and dad wanted to take the boy to get them to pick out stuff for their brothers and parents for Christmas. There was still a lot of the sale stuff left inc. the movies.
then to Target. Not looking for specific stuff

At Walmart at 5am, got a digital picture frame for $40, some dvds for $2 and $6. Out of Walmart by 5:30, at Target by 6, where I got some Disney DVDs and other cheap DVDs. Michaels for some yarn and scrapbooking stuff. McDonalds breakfast! then to the mall where I got the JCPennys free snowglobe, then the Disney Store where I got an ornament and a Cars Mater toy car and HSM musical mug for $12 total. Then American Eagle, four shirts for less than $10 each. It was a great shopping day for me :cool1:

All in all, a successful BF for me! I got almost all of my shopping done! NICE! Did a little bit more today- almost there!

My best deal was an 8gig thumb drive from Staples- 12.99 after rebate! :cool1:

Thanks To All The Black Friday Buddies For Your Posts, Tips, Advice And Reports!! It's Been An Overall Decent Bargin Year.....best Of Luck Cyber Monday And To Those Of You Who Havent Posted Your Hunt Report Yet, Pplease Let Us Hear From You!!! Happy Holidays And Thanks So Much!

Just posting to say I really appreciate all the work you, TENIA66, and others put into getting the info out, maintaining the BF thread, etc. Bravo! :thumbsup2

Earlier in the year we were planning on going hog wild on BF but with the recent economy we decided to be more prudent and completely cut back.

Dicks Sporting Goods was offering its BF sale on treadmills early so on the Wed before we picked up the Sole F80 discounted to $1499 that included a 15" LCD TV w/ built-in DVD player, with stand as a promo (a $349 value).

I ended up very :sick: and spent a couple of days in bed so didn't even go BF shopping for lil stuff.

cheers,
:flower3:

:cool1: I just scored the most amazing deal. I bought a brand new, in the packing, California King Serta 2" Memory Foam for $12.50. :faint: My neighbor works at a store that sells all the stuff that Fed Ex is unable to deliver and she got it for me today. She knew I had been looking and I was about to give in and go to Costco. :woohoo:

On friday when we were at Kohls we got one of the $99 video cameras for $24. It rang up wrong and they let us take it for that price! We weren't sure that we wanted to get on for our DDs, but for 24 bucks we decided we could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter