• CIRCUIT CITY

• STAPLES

• OFFICE MAX/OFFICE DEPOT

• KOHLS/MACYS

• HOME DEPOT/LOWES/MENARDS

• ONLINE ONLY

• NOT GOING

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went to Walmart today and they had some jeans for $8 still sitting in the isle and about 4 of the stands w/ $2 DVD's

Major Rebate Processor Files For Bankruptcy: Deal Rebates May Be Affected
Posted on Friday, November 14th, 2008 at 7:53 pm (658) commentsLast Updated: 11/22/2008 01:40AM Central Time

You may have already read or heard, that there is a problem with a relatively large rebate processor, known as Continental Promotion Group, Inc (further CPG) who has filed for bankruptcy today.

Since we have posted quite a few deals that take advantage of rebates on Slickdeals.net, it’s important for us to keep our visitors informed. As not all of our visitors frequent the forums, we wrote this blog post to try to reach a broader audience so that they are informed of the situation and possible consequences.

Who is affected?

The easiest way to see if you are affected, is to check copies of rebate materials you have submitted recently, which have not yet been fulfilled. You keep copies, right? Take a look at the destination address. The department and name of the recepient will vary depending on the brand of the product that carried the rebate, but the address will most likely have the following in it:

P.O. Box 52900 (or P.O. Box 52911)
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2900

CPG main website for checking upon your rebate is www.rebatestatus.com. If you see this site as point of contact on the rebate, you may be affected.

If you do not have a site or address listed on the rebate form, you may use the known phone numbers below to figure out if you may be affected:

877-776-1280 (Antec rebates)
877-776-2676 (XFX rebates)
866-678-7025 (Acronis rebates)
866-533-6885 (AVG Rebates)
888-864-6781 (Canon rebates)
866-533-6880 (Logitech rebates)
866-256-9991 (Smith Micro rebates)
877-776-4631 (TRENDNet rebates)
Last, but not least, the following companies are known to have used CPG as their rebate processor in the recent months. We do not have a full list of the companies which have used CPG as their rebate clearing house, however, here is the list we have so far, compiled with the help of our users:

We have linked the names for companies which we have had recent Front Page Deals involving rebates. Click on the link to see those deals.

Abbott Laboratories (Freestyle Meters)
Acronis Software
ACTIVSION
Adaware
Adobe
Advance Auto Parts
Antec
ArchBrook Laguna (Magellan Refurbished Rebate from Pep Boys)
Atdec (wall mounts)
AVG
Bed Bath & Beyond
BIC Corporations US - Shaver Division
BFG
Bridgevine
Canon
Casio
Checker / Schuck’s / Kragen Auto Parts
Citibank
Core
Costco
DBL Distributing LLC (Harman Kardon)
DeLorme
Freestyle Meter
Fujitsu
Joe’s Sports
Kensington
HIS (video cards)
Home Depot
Logitech
Motorola (Surfboard cable modems)
Murray’s Discount Auto Parts
Natures Earth Products
Newegg (for certain products, other than Rosewill)
Panasonic (select products, most recently - bluetooth headphones)
Panda Distribution
Pandigital
PC Tools
Pentax Imaging
Ping
PriceGrabber
Rosewill (Newegg house brand)
Rustoleum (Menard’s July $4 Door Paint Rebate)
Samsung (printers)
Smith Micro Software
Spot
Tabletops Unlimited
TomTom
TrendNET
Westinghouse
Windstream
XFX
XM Satellite Radio
ZeroTherm
Zyxel
If the company is not linked above, you may still have purchased something from our forums, most recently - ZeroTherm coolers so make sure you double check all/most of your recently submitted and unfulfilled rebates.

I think I am affected, what should I do?

First and foremost, if you have recently received the check, and have not cashed it yet, DO NOT CASH IT. The check will bounce, and you will probably be hit with a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee [varies by bank]. If you have deposited it, it may be worth your time to call your bank, and see if they have attempted to collect on it, and if so - see if they can reverse the attempt. Most banks will work with proactive customers like you, and you may get brownie points for that.

If you have recently made a purchase (such as ZeroTherm coolers) which had a rebate that was going to CPG, and have not yet submitted - DO NOT SUBMIT IT. Instead, contact the place of purchase, and request a return authorization, since you will no longer be able to get the item at the advertised price.

Do not try to contact the rebate processor using any of the known phone numbers. Chances are, it won’t help you, and you probably won’t even get an answer.

Keep copies of every rebates you have - do not assume they are a lost cause just yet. As time progresses, there may be alternative solutions available which may allow you to collect your rebate(s).

We recommend that you do not contact the company that manufactured the product immediately. There are many users like you, and chances are that some have already done it for you, and posted their findings. [On a personal note, I have approximately $400 in rebates outstanding from CPG ]

Companies that have taken action and informed their customers so far

TRENDNet
PriceGrabber
Costco
Canon
BFG (via email)
Newegg (via email)
HIS (via web)
Smith Micro (via email)
Core-Learning (via email)
Companies that have issued brief updates so far

Logitech (via support forums)
ZEROTherm (via email)
Checker / Schuck’s / Kragen Auto Parts + response about cashing issued checks (via email)
Antec (via email)
Bed Bath and Beyond (via email)
PC Tools (via email)
CSK Auto (via email)
Home Depot (via email)
PC Tools (via email)
Companies that issued new rebate forms

ZEROTherm (via WorldWideRebates.com)
Logitech (via www.logitech-rebates.com)
Manufacturers whose rebate checks should be safe to deposit

Logitech
BFG (US checks only)
What’s next?

At this time, we have a very large and active thread discussing the issue. Click here to view it and join in the discussion, and share your findings, insights, and ideas.

Bookmark this blog post. We will keep it updated as much as possible with new bits of information, as well as issue short blog updates as information becomes available and more clear. Heading into the weekend, do not expect much news to be posted over that time, as most manufacturers will not be available.

Be patient. We will attempt to do all we can to help and hopefully resolve this matter as soon as possible. Realize, that chances are that manufacturers themselves may have lost a portion (or all) of their rebate resources with this bankruptcy, as rebate companies usually take advance payments for certain services they provide

Stay tuned.

OK. I know I'm way late in the game here, but I have 3 $25 rebates I'm waiting for on the Pandigital frames from Macy's. Has there been any updates? Any response from Macy's? Should I attempt to collect from them or is it a lost cause?

Thanks,
Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter