Black Friday Buddies 2011 Unite!

i've already gotten everything i needed at bestbuy.com and jcpenney. just waiting for wal-mart.com to start their sale, and i'm done.

UGH!!!! just saw on the black friday tracker that walmart.com doesn't start til 2:00am! darn it!!!

Got to waltmart at 8:45 and we are in line for the kinect is very organize they counted the product and are counting people so no one has to wait and get nothing.

i've already gotten everything i needed at bestbuy.com and jcpenney. just waiting for wal-mart.com to start their sale, and i'm done.

UGH!!!! just saw on the black friday tracker that walmart.com doesn't start til 2:00am! darn it!!!
I don't know where you are, but last I heard it's supposed to be in the thirties overnight in the Boston area. Two AM is annoying, but at least you'll be indoors, warm, and safe :).

I don't know where you are, but last I heard it's supposed to be in the thirties overnight in the Boston area. Two AM is annoying, but at least you'll be indoors, warm, and safe :).

i'm in NE alabama, and it's pretty nippy out tonight, but nothing like boston, thank goodness! i'm grateful i don't have to get out to shop! :thumbsup2

Getting ready to leave for Gamestop (just because we have a credit there). Boy I hope ds appreciates this.

I am leaving for Target shortly,l but I just drove past Best Buy. The line is down the sidewalk, past the Goodwill store that is next door and around the corner another 50 feet or so!!! People are nuts, like you will get any deals when you are that far back in line.

I am leaving for Target shortly,l but I just drove past Best Buy. The line is down the sidewalk, past the Goodwill store that is next door and around the corner another 50 feet or so!!! People are nuts, like you will get any deals when you are that far back in line.

Best Buy in my area has a line of tents with a big yellow sign saying: OCCUPY BEST BUY! :laughing:

Seriously, folks, WHAT is on sale at BB that keeps these people waiting???? :confused3 It's totally confusing to me! :headache:

My husband and I looked at the Best Buy flyer trying to figure that out ourselves!? :confused3 Maybe the $79 TV?? We didn't see anything else that would even come close to making someone camp out for days.

I don't do Best Buy, but I was starting to consider buying the Toshiba wifi Blu-ray player for $39 before I remembered I'm not insane. We don't have a blu-ray player yet, or a game system that plays them or has Netflix/Hulu streaming so it would be a great deal for us. Instead, we'll probably end up getting an Xbox in a few months. But I think BB's thing is mostly its a "status" thing now to say you were in line there. Their deals aren't super great anymore, you can find similar at Walmart, Target, or Amazon. But they are the only one with that blu-ray deal.

When we drove into town at 3:30, there were 2 cars in a Target parking lot w/people waiting inside. You could not pay me to go to BB on Black Friday. That place is nuts! DD17 is convincing me to try the midnight run tonight w/the agreement that we will leave if it's crazy. She wants to see what it is like and is busy making our lists. :laughing:

I wasn't planning to go out tonight but will try it once for her!

My 14 year old is asking for us to go out too, just to people watch!! I told her she can go when she can drive herself! :lmao: I heard our Walmart is insane, I should drive her over and let her run in for some milk!!! :rotfl:

My 14 year old is asking for us to go out too, just to people watch!! I told her she can go when she can drive herself! :lmao: I heard our Walmart is insane, I should drive her over and let her run in for some milk!!! :rotfl:

LOL! DD already went out by herself to Michael's. Luckily, there are a ton of stores within walking distance of MIL's house so she didn't drive far. She has us all mapped out and it is all close by. I think we will leave soon because if I sit here much longer, I'm going to get sleepy! :laughing:

I ended up getting everything I really wanted online, so I am staying home tonight. I'll head out to Sam's club in the morning. Maybe hit the mall later Friday to just see what is going on. But I have nothing I need to get tomorrow.

Maggie

I was in line at Michaels when they opened at 4. I was able to get two of the doorbusters (the lamp and the collage photo frame) along with some other items that were on sale + the coupon.

I am considering Old Navy. The pea coat I want is in the ad as a $29 doorbuster. It's online now for $49, but I'm so tired and cozy in my house that I'm tempted to just buy the coat in the color I want and toss in a $4 scarf to get that free shipping.

Decisions, decisions...

If I go to Old Navy and they only have the pea coats in the wrong color and size, can I buy it and then exchange it (for the $29 price) later? Do you think they'll be getting more in?

We were joking about the exact same thing tonight! We are nearly out of milk after everything made for today, so we thought it'd be pretty funny to run in to Walmart for milk. :laughing:

My partner-in-crime for tonight (sister) is too sick to go, and I'm pretty beat from a long day. So I will probably do Target in the morning just to see what little things are left. I actually don't have much shopping left to do, it was more for the fun of it.

I did score the Best Buy online iTunes gift card deal this morning. And last night we bought the pre-BF Xbox with kinect deal from them as well. Amazon had some great prices on two kids video games yesterday so I picked those up. I'm on the fence about Disney since they were out of the one item I need before the sale even went live. Trying to decide if I still want the little extras I was going to get. Now I'm off to browse Gymboree online to see how the deals are.

I was actually considering braving Walmart's BF, in a large city that I don't know that well, just to pick up the $9 RIO DVD for ODS's stocking. Sitting here, I decided to mess around on Amazon and found the 3 disc set (DVD, BluRay, and Digital Copy) for $11.99, with free shipping offer. I threw in a $12 Naruto Ds game and a goofy office stamp for DH's stocking to get the total up for free shipping (and knock out some more of the stocking stuffers, otherwise it wouldn't have been a deal LOL) Now I don't have to figure out when the movies will go on sale in that weird staggered sale, I hope to run by later in the morning tomorrow, just to check the aftermath and maybe score a couple of deals.......if anything worthwhile has been left and is on sale.

The Old Navy prices are online now!! I got the pea coat I wanted for $25 online!

Of course, I *had* to spend $50 to save $7 on shipping. :rolleyes1

I threw in a scarf ($3), jeans ($15), and fleece pants ($8) to round out the order. Hopefully they all fit; I rarely order clothes online and I don't shop at Old Navy often.

And I didn't have to go to the mall and I can go to sleep now! Hopefully everything that I ordered comes through! I already received my confirmation email. I am declaring my shopping DONE and going to sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter