• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

I have really enjoyed your posts over on Jordan's report so I decided to come over and read. Think I will start with the most recent. Am looking forward to catching up!

Hi GB. I really like some of your shots. It had the retro look. Although I have a question regarding your pano shot. I see you state some of them went as high as 21 photos to assemble one shot. Did you use a tripod or it is all hand held? How close you shoot between each frame? What lens you use?

I just did a quick test this weekend with my new pano head for my crappo tripod. I shoot it with a 35mm lens. Barely took 3 shots and the angle sweep pretty wide already. Here is my sample shot I took from my neighborhood.

PanoTest.jpg

I am just curious how close are your shots.

Great Shots of the World GB !!! What a coincidence meeting the Colonel!!!
Thanks! It was a pretty interesting turn of events.

GB, funny about the mistaken Identity part. I'm going to miss your updates terribly!

Please tell us you are you are going to start working on a PTR!
I'll miss you guys & gals too! No plans for a PTR yet. Hoping to make it in 2012 for Peeps fest, but that won't happen unless work revokes its freeze on bonuses, benefits and raises.

I have really enjoyed your posts over on Jordan's report so I decided to come over and read. Think I will start with the most recent. Am looking forward to catching up!
Howdy and :welcome: ! That's a good plan. It's a lot to take in all at once!

Hi GB. I really like some of your shots. It had the retro look.
Topdog! What's up buddy! I was shooting 35mm film so that had a lot to do with the look and feel of the shots.

Although I have a question regarding your pano shot. I see you state some of them went as high as 21 photos to assemble one shot. Did you use a tripod or it is all hand held? How close you shoot between each frame? What lens you use?

I just did a quick test this weekend with my new pano head for my crappo tripod. I shoot it with a 35mm lens. Barely took 3 shots and the angle sweep pretty wide already. Here is my sample shot I took from my neighborhood.

PanoTest.jpg

I am just curious how close are your shots.
Great photo! I shot them all with my wife's point and shoot digital. I didn't have a tripod with me so I did all handheld. I started with the ground by my left foot, then did sets of ground, straight level, and sky shots moving a bit to the right each time. There was quite a bit of overlap which actually helped with the final render. I used Windows Live Photo and whenever there are multiple shots of the same element, it automatically removes the foreground so you get a cleaner shot. In the American Pavilion for example, it removed 3 people walking past while I was taking the shots and made it look empty. Of course it's not a perfect program. In the Morocco panoramic photo, the lady on the right appears to be floating after her legs were removed but her torso remained. Unfortunately you don't get to pick which elements are removed. But it's a free program and beggars can't be choosers so I'm prepared to deal with it.

If the Spirit lives in both of us, do you think he can transfer some of your photo taking skills into me...;)
Absolutely!

Oh shepherd who dwells on a thousand hills, impart on Jordan some mad photography skills. Amen.

(You may need to have your pastor anoint you with lens cleaning solution.)

Wonderful, wonderful pics! That was a pretty funny story about the Collins. Just had to note that SHE was right... just sayin'...

Okay, now back to my morning photo jaunt. As I was running like a madman through the pavilions, I saw the boat headed back my way and knew I only had a few minutes to get some shots of Germany so I was “In the Zone” and not paying much attention to the world around me. It just so happened that the Collins were entering Germany from China as I was entering from Italy. They saw me from a distance and Mrs. Collins (knowing my parents were back home and not knowing we stayed an extra 4 days at WDW), said “That guy looks JUST like Matt!” She called my name but I never heard it. So then she told Colonel Collins that he HAD to take a picture of this guy who she swore could be my identical twin. She wanted to send it to my dad and was sure he’d be amazed that they saw a guy that looked just like me.

mixphotos_020.jpg

:rotfl2: That is hilarious! Isn't it funny that as gigantic as WDW is that you found each other?

:)

Wonderful, wonderful pics! That was a pretty funny story about the Collins. Just had to note that SHE was right... just sayin'...
Well, I guess you could somehow maybe infer that. She was right that guy looked just like me. But Colonel Collins thought it was me to begin with, while Mrs. Collins was sure I was back in Texas.

:rotfl2: That is hilarious! Isn't it funny that as gigantic as WDW is that you found each other?
It was pretty funny given how big the place is.

Welcome to the special photo-filled 75th episode of Biscuit’s Grand Adventure!
:banana::banana::banana: Loved all the WS shots! It was very, very cool to see them all in one place, BTW. :thumbsup2

“That guy looks JUST like Matt!” She called my name but I never heard it. So then she told Colonel Collins that he HAD to take a picture of this guy who she swore could be my identical twin. She wanted to send it to my dad and was sure he’d be amazed that they saw a guy that looked just like me.
TOO funny! :lmao:

mixphotos_021.jpg

Just a couple of guys loving Disney and posing with a trash can.
Why not? They're ever so convenient. ;)

Coming up on Episode 76 – Hungry, Hungry Biscuits and Hippos.[/SIZE]
Uh-oh, were you all wearing white?

GB great pics! You should do Picture of the day thread! :thumbsup2
Ditt that! :thumbsup2 I got sucked in there and your shots would be a welcome addition!

Hey GB?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Did you see that? I was EARLY! for once... :teeth:

Mr. GreatBiscuit:

We'd like to congratulate you on your successful completion of the Green Kooky Lanyard Mission, as well as your overwhelming triumph with Operation Rope Drop.

Should you choose to accept it, your next mission will include Operation Find Fit Food for Your Family of Four, as well as the Top Secret Trip Report Update.

This post will self destruct.

Sincerely,
DIA (Disney Intelligence Agency)

(Apparently, I'm feeling silly today. Happy New Year!)

I'm signing back on and ready for action. I was four posts behind, but got all caught up! Loved every minute of them. Your mickey antenna topper / Arizona jeans prose had me :lmao:.

Sorry about getting sick on MS. My congrats to you, though, on procuring the role of commander! I will have the common courtesy to address you as Commander Biscuit, from now on. I'm sure you looked stately coming off the first mission under your command. I've seen Commander Riker lean on a wall or two in his day, and all I could think was that lucky wall. I'm sure your wall felt the same way to be supporting you.

I loved your pictures of the World Showcase. Absolutely beautiful. They have me almost shaking in anticipation of our upcoming trip. That will be the first park we visit, this time.

I look forward to reading more about your fullest day!

Mr. GreatBiscuit:

We'd like to congratulate you on your successful completion of the Green Kooky Lanyard Mission, as well as your overwhelming triumph with Operation Rope Drop.

Should you choose to accept it, your next mission will include Operation Find Fit Food for Your Family of Four, as well as the Top Secret Trip Report Update.

Sincerely,

:thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:banana::banana::banana: Loved all the WS shots! It was very, very cool to see them all in one place, BTW. :thumbsup2
Thanks V!

Uh-oh, were you all wearing white?
No, but I wish we had! :lmao:

Hey GB?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Did you see that? I was EARLY! for once... :teeth:
Right back at'cha V!

Mr. GreatBiscuit:

Sincerely,

I accept your mission! :rotfl2:

I'm signing back on and ready for action. I was four posts behind, but got all caught up! Loved every minute of them. Your mickey antenna topper / Arizona jeans prose had me :lmao:.

Sorry about getting sick on MS. My congrats to you, though, on procuring the role of commander! I will have the common courtesy to address you as Commander Biscuit, from now on. I'm sure you looked stately coming off the first mission under your command. I've seen Commander Riker lean on a wall or two in his day, and all I could think was that lucky wall. I'm sure your wall felt the same way to be supporting you.

I loved your pictures of the World Showcase. Absolutely beautiful. They have me almost shaking in anticipation of our upcoming trip. That will be the first park we visit, this time.

I look forward to reading more about your fullest day!
I'm pretty sure my wall was thinking "If this fat guy pukes on me, I'm pulling a Jericho right here and now."

Me too!

WOW!! That's pretty good you can take those pano shots without a tripod. :worship: I use Photoshop to assemble my shots. Since I only stitch 3 shots, it only took about 15 second to complete the process. I can't imagine how long it take to stitch 21 shots together. Ouch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter