Bill Richardson endorses Obama

So is Obama though.

Fact- neither one will have enough - supers will decide it. This is due to the proportional wins.......

You guys feel it should be decided based on quantity of pledged delegates. If I were on "your side" I'd feel the same.

Hillary and some Hillary supporters argue - wait a minute - its very close - maybe some other intangibles should be looked at.

Personally - I think if she gets a lead in the popular vote - then she's got a case to be made.

I think that if he is leading in delegates and votes - most likely the supers will vote for him. I know they're supposed to vote based on their consciences. I also know both candidates are lobbying them heavily.

You guys seem to want their (the supers) votes to be mandated for the one ahead, but not 100% there yet. Its a position I understand.

I just wish we could all stop the attacks against each other and our candidates.

There is stuff about Obama I don't like - and stuff about Hillary you all don't like -- but we're all supposed to be on the same team. We're treating each other like the "enemy."

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Have you really sat down and looked at the math?

Have you really sat down and looked at the math?

Yes - how could I have avoided it? Especially, if I hang around here. ;)

So do you think he'll hit 2,025 without the super delegates?

Who ever hits that first wins.

Again I am not the enemy because I voted for and believe in a candidate you don't like........

We're supposed to be on the same team......

Again I am not the enemy because I voted for and believe in a candidate you don't like........

Neither can get there with the way our pledges are split. Even with a couple great wins though, she can't come close to catching Obama. Despite neither making the goal, the score is not close given the number of pledges left out there.

Pelosi has also said the SD's will support the pledged count, if it comes to that. I know that is the hope that Hillary hangs on to, but if the Supers were to override the will of the voters......the Democrats are sunk.

Neither can get there with the way our pledges are split. Even with a couple great wins though, she can't come close to catching Obama. Despite neither making the goal, the score is not close given the number of pledges left out there.

Pelosi has also said the SD's will support the pledged count, if it comes to that. I know that is the hope that Hillary hangs on to, but if the Supers were to override the will of the voters......the Democrats are sunk.

Right - he is ahead. But he can't win without the super support either. That's all I'm saying. ;)

I also don't think all the supers will vote in a block. Most of them will probably put Obama over the top (if things stay the same as they are now) - but they are allowed to vote their conscience - Bill Clinton himself is a super, as well as some other Clinton loyalists. It won't be one fell swoop.

Thanks for the discussion.

Right - he is ahead. But he can't win without the super support either. That's all I'm saying. ;)

I also don't think all the supers will vote in a block. Most of them will probably put Obama over the top (if things stay the same as they are now) - but they are allowed to vote their conscience - Bill Clinton himself is a super, as well as some other Clinton loyalists. It won't be one fell swoop.

Thanks for the discussion.

I just ran across this - Politico.com

Clinton superdelegate says she'll vote for pledged delegate leader at the convention

Obama’s pledged delegate lead is nearly impossible to erase, so if this becomes a trend it’s bad news for the Clinton campaign:

U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell, one of Washington’s 17 Democratic superdelegates, isn’t ready to shift her allegiance from Sen. Hillary Clinton to Sen. Barack Obama — yet.

But in an interview with The Columbian’s editorial board Monday, she said the candidate with the most pledged delegates at the end of the primary season in late June will have the strongest claim to the party’s presidential nomination.

“I definitely don’t want the superdelegates to be the deciding factor,” she said.

“If we have a candidate who has the most delegates and the most states,” the Democratic party should come together around that candidate, Cantwell said. The pledged delegate count will be the most important factor, she said, because that is the basis of the nominating process.

They are desperate for Hillary to be the competitor. And what would be a better 527 ad than a war hero vs a former first lady who lies about being under sniper fire?

It's hard to resist the temptation to opt for a little sniper fire. :lmao:

Ummm have ya been watching the news today...they are also talking bout Obamas exaggerations on his facts and stories.....saying he has been making false accusations about his accomplishments and stuff he has said he has worked on and did not...so this will not fly.

It is a he said she said...they wipe each other out.

The thing with the pledged delegates is that if it goes to the convention the pledged delegates can change there minds and switch sides so they are not held to there position as what was won.

so if since they were won in those states Hillary's can switch to Obamas and Obamas can switch to Hillary.

don't forget that Hillary still has more SD at this time and as you can see they are not all running over to claim victory with Obama as Obama supporters seem to think...Count again and do ALL the math, including the Electoral votes that show that in the General Hillary so far is showing the win for those states that are Blue and not red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter