Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Hi! I'm new to this board - the current BL challenge is my first, and I'm also a *very* new runner. I've registered for the WDW 1/2 in January and am really excited about this new goal! Looking forward to learning about marathon weekend and definitely to meeting WISHers there!

XO
Liz

:welcome: Liz!

We are at different levels of fitness and experience, and we're a friendly bunch! You are going to love the Donald and the whole marathon weekend experience, it is so much fun!

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks, Maria! I'm really excited to be here. I'm halfway through a C25K training series, and I really like it. When I hit the halfway point, I went for a stride analysis and came out with better shoes for my gait, so that's exciting. I'll be turning 40 this summer, so it seems like as good a time as any to try tackling something new and challenging!

DH thinks we should try and do the ToT 10-miler in September as we'll already be there that weekend...if we're crazy enough to do a half, we're crazy enough for a nighttime 10-miler, right? ;) The downside is the cost of the Disney races, but they are pretty special.

XO
Liz

One of those days....stress ate too much, but got a lot done.:goodvibes

Welcome to Liz!:goodvibes The TOT will be fun. I ran w&d the last two years and loved it. It is pretty warm at that time of the year, but as long as you plan for that it should be a fun race if you decide to do it.

Dottie--hope you are hanging in there.

Nancy--where are we on the countdown?:goodvibes

I am mad at myself for not working out today--it's going to be hard to hit my goal for the month. But I spent the day feeling cruddy (allergies) and nauseous (stress). So I am going to cut myself a little slack.:goodvibes

Have a great night!:goodvibes

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!

i'm so sick of my stomach always hurting. ALWAYS! :charac2:

rose 38 days! yay!

liz welcome to the club. we are all pretty awesome. you picked a good group. hehe

lindsay alright girl, onederland is here to stay! keep workin' it! you so totally :rockband:

maria how was your last workout? IT band ok? when mine was acting up i found the butt stretches to help the most!

jen packed yet??

dottie how are you doing??

lisaH i've been a pretty lame-o BL challenge participant but have enjoyed reading your coaching posts. you are always so upbeat. no wonder why you totally rock at these challenges. when is wine and dine??

lisaR i love your cover photo on facebook. that medal sure does look good around your neck....wouldn't a donald (or a mickey!) one look good too..... :)

kathy john told me he's going to go pick up my a$$ kit at cvs for my colonoscopy. :lmao: glad we can be so open about poop. i read a little about it and the whole blowing air in there sounds pretty horrible. john said after his he totally let a couple farts out while the nurse was in the room. i told him he should have apologized but he said he was so drugged up he thought it was ok because he thought the nurse was ME! gee, thanks.

so, i have an interview on monday. i need to go get a suit. none of my old ones fit properly. ugh. i really don't want to spend the money on a suit but i can't go in looking like a slob. how tacky would it be to keep the tags on? nah, can't do that. the firm keeps emailing my head hunter about my compensation history and bonuses. i guess that's a good sign. plus one of the girls that works there i actually helped get her that job b/c i introduced her to the head hunter. so i know i have a good recommendation from her.

i have a funeral in CT to go to tomorrow. bummer. the dad of one of my best friend's from college died. he was 76. sad. of course i'm sad for joe and his family but at the same time i'm looking forward to seeing three of my friends who are coming up for the funeral.

uuugggh, my stomach hurts so much. what the heck??

Way to go Lindsay:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: so excited for you! What a milestone...

NO I AM NOT PACKED:scared1:
I do really want to find a cute sundress but feel like a moose in everything so have not bought anything:confused: maybe this weekend

Only 6 days till I am in the most wonderful place on earth:banana::cool1::banana::cool1: have been stressing about packing..of course Thom was nice enough to make me a packing list: let's just say there was not much on the list :hug:

Sorry to hear about all the stomach pain :( hopefully things will get straightened out soon

Gotta get kids to show choir practice so will catch up later

I think it's time to party with Lindsay!!!

:cheer2::yay::cool1:ONE-DERLAND!!!!:cool1::cheer2::woohoo:

Just a little cake and light beverages all around. I am so happy for you, and I know you are there for good!!!

Woo hoo, Lindsay! :woohoo: I know you are in ONE-derland for good now! ::yes::

Hi! I'm new to this board - the current BL challenge is my first, and I'm also a *very* new runner. I've registered for the WDW 1/2 in January and am really excited about this new goal! Looking forward to learning about marathon weekend and definitely to meeting WISHers there!

Hi Liz! :wave: Nice to see you! :flower3:

:welcome: Liz!

We are at different levels of fitness and experience, and we're a friendly bunch! You are going to love the Donald and the whole marathon weekend experience, it is so much fun!

Maria, has done WDW Marathon Weekend before so she is going to show us all the ropes! :cool2:

One of those days....stress ate too much, but got a lot done.:goodvibes

Sorry for the stressful day but a big woo hoo for giving yourself some slack. :woohoo:

Nancy, so sorry about the tummy. :hug: Hope they can figure out what the problem is soon. Don't worry about the gas thing -- they have signs up all over the place telling you they won't let you leave until you do it. I think Nurse Kathy will tell you it's just another day at the office for them. ;)

Could you get a skirt (or slacks) and a jacket instead of a suit for your interview? That way you could make multiple outfits with the pieces. Or a dress with a jacket is always nice -- and dresses are a little more forgiving. I've seen your picture, you look lovely just the way you are. :goodvibes

Jen, how's that single digit dance? :cool1:

Dottie, hang in there! :hug:

Lisa, I agree with Nancy I love that picture of you all! :tink:

Kathy, say hello to Beth and Taylor for me! :wave:

There are some pretty amusing threads on the Community Board today with the big mixup from the server upgrade. Posts that have nothing to do with the original post are mixed in -- it makes for interesting reading. :rotfl2:

Kind of chicken fried and talked out today -- who would think a lawyer would ever get sick of talking?!? :rotfl:

Going to listen to Soarin' until it is time to head out of here. :cool2:

Lisa I wondered what was going on as I nosed about :rotfl: I thought I was loosing my mind ready some of the threads!

Nancy great news on the interview :goodvibes I hate shopping as well but ya just gotta do it somedays

Liz welcome and way to jump right into those races! I have not gotten up the courage yet but hopefully soon

Maria how did WW go this week? I am holding steady which is not what I want but better than gaining more so I will take it. Hope you are on the mend and the merger drama does not get to be too much

Wish I had it in me to jump onboard and reg for WDW but just not there yet :confused3 hopefully soon!!

Thinking I will officially join the BL challenges when I get back next week probably not a good plan just before going to Disney :laughing::laughing:

Good morning friends!

Welcome Liz!! Like the others have said, we are a fun and versatile group here, and always happy to have other join us. The price of the disney races is steep, but having done the princess half last year, worth every cent. It is such an amazing experience. Good luck with your training!

Nancy-You must, must, must pass the gas after the procedure. It is totally necessary for you to recover and feel better. Some people have more gas than others, and some have very little, but if you do not let it out, you will get more bloated, and nauseous, and feel awful. Remember it is clean air, you're all cleaned out from your kit John so sweetly picked up for you, and there will be no odor at all. Really the sound of gas passing is music to us nurses ears, it means you will feel good, sit up and go home. :rotfl: Once when my mom was in the hospital, I took ds and my nephew to see where I worked, and my nephew was so excited to share with everyone that he got to see where daddys gets his bum checked. Will bum be allowed or asterixed out. We shall see. I hope you are feeling better soon.:goodvibes

LisaH-You have done a great job coaching the bl thread. I haven't been there much, but have popped on occassionally to read. I can imagine as a lawyer, you must feel talked out at times. I hope you have some down time this weekend, and can relax a bit. In between all your running.

Rose-I hope you cut yourself some slack for not working out one day. You definitely deserve a break now and again.

Maria-I hope things work out and you are able to have the extra time off next week. It's nice for ds to have a relaxing week at home too. Sat ds will have a baseball scrimmage, but the coach was awesome in his email and realistic, it's vacation, and no worries if you're not around. I hope things improve with the merger. It is very stressful at times. Our hospital and Lahey's merger has been approved, but so far, it's not affecting us yet. I think it will hit the management level first, and hopefully won't affect us too much, negatively anyway. Is Dennis running monday? It's looking so hot. Make sure he is very careful and hydrates well.

Lindsay-Ok, I thought of you this morning. As I drove through mcdonalds and got a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin. Why? I was hungry, I spilled my coffee on my car rug, and I just did it. But I thought of you because you are in ONE-derland, and I know it was not easy to get there, and I need to do it too. So keep it up girl!! YOu're inspiring me.

LisaR-I thought of you as the national weather map looked like snow out your way. :hug: ugh. We may see 80 monday. Hope the snow is almost behind you.

Jen-Get packing! Once you're packed, you can change to vacation attitude and just relax. :thumbsup2

Dottie-Hope you are all doing ok. :hug:

Well, not much happening here. Good morning america weather guy is in disneys AK. So wish I was with him. :rotfl2: My house is a mess. I plan to clean tonight and in the morning, and be done. Tomorrow i want to get out and do some raking. I've been procrastinating since they don't start picking up yard waste til next week, so I guess it's time.

Have a fantastic friday!!

Bleh. Ok, you are going to hear something from me you probably never thought you would hear. I am not looking forward to my long run. I really, really, really, really want to skip it. But after I gave Mike a lecture earlier this week about self defeating behaviors it's probably not such a good idea.:rolleyes1 The upcoming full is stressing him out, that and the bazillion hours a day he is working....

Last long run before the kdf and then I swear I am taking a break for May and just running for fun and not worrying about time, pace, distance etc for a few weeks. We will probably do the Bluegrass 10k again in July, so that will be my next race but c'mon it's a 10k, I can do that in my sleep practically.:thumbsup2

Mike is running 20 tomorrow. I am going to get off my bottom, have a piece of pb toast and go do 10-13 this morning. I ran 3 easy miles yesterday without walk breaks and I was tired, so not sure how this will go. I am doing laps in the park and not worrying about hills, speed, etc.

Tonight is opening night (baseball) so I want to get the run out of the way so I can enjoy tonight. I will be back later with replies when I am less aggravated about the run!:goodvibes

xxoo

Hang in there Rose. You know if you skip it you'll regret it. Do what you can, once you get out there and get your mind in the mode, you'll be ok.

DS15 takes breaks between seasons. We usually have 3-4 weeks off but about week 3 he's pulling his hair out and runs for fun around home.

Well here you guys are!!! I was missing you all and nosed my way over tot he race thread and here you are! Wishing I was running with all of you :)

Just popped over to say hello and congratulations to all of you for:
1. Having the courage to register
2. Doing all of that training
3. Arriving at the race ready to go
4. Sharing your journey and parts of your life with all of us

Thank you for being truly inspirational!!

Run strong princesses and tinks!!

Do we have any WISHers running on Monday? I'll have to check the events side of the board.

OK, so that storm headed here to CO this weekend? Dan's first half is on Sunday!! :scared1: We have been stressing about this all week, I can't believe it. When he signed up for this, he was worried about the weather and I convinced him saying the chances were so low, I'm sure you'll be fine. :headache: He has a great jacket to run in the rain/snow, but its going to be such a shock to him. We've had an incredibly warm and dry spring, very unusual. We are all used to the warmer temps now. The only snow we've gotten was a few inches last Tuesday. The storm is supposed to arrive Saturday and I'm praying it just blows out by Sunday instead of sticking around until Monday like they are predicting.

So this course is one way, they start in Littleton and take the Platte River trail and end in downtown Denver. They have light rail tickets to get back to their cars. I'm going to try to score a good parking spot at a light rail station so I can just take him back to his car afterwards so he won't have to walk. We'll have to work this out. I also need to not go crazy with the carbs since I am cooking a higher carb dinner tonight and tomorrow night, I'm not running this thing! :goodvibes

Nancy and Lisa Thanks for the compliments on the cover photo, we need to get better at getting pics of all 4 of us. That's pixie hollow at DL, I realized that those of you with boys may not make it there too often. :goodvibes It was the morning after the Tink and I wanted a pic with her since she wasn't at the race! I figured I wouldn't be the only racer there, but nope, it was just me and a bunch of little girls. :rotfl:

Nancy Sorry about your friend's dad, I hope you have a good time catching up with your friends. :hug: Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you'll be fantastic! I second all of Lisa's wardrobe suggestions. Your body may not be exactly the same as before you had kids, but you've done a half, are training for a full, and I bet you are much stronger!

As for the 15 places to take your kids, we've only actually taken our kids to WDW and the Grand Canyon. Dan and I have been to the San Diego Zoo, Alcatraz, DC, and Colonial Williamsburg (separate school trips for the last 2). I think Dan has been to the Redwoods, I am looking forward to that if we move. Maybe LisaH has been there and the one in Idaho? We were planning a Yellowstone trip, but that's on hold for a while since we may be moving. If the rest of you east coasters have all the spots there covered, then we've got them all!

Kathy I'm glad your work schedule is working out well for you. I hope Poko has a nice doggy camp stay! I'll join you in AK too.

Maria A big :cool1: for being in for the WDW half and to Dennis for doing the full. Have a good weekend, enjoy the sangria for me. That shrimp from legal seafood sounds so good, I really miss fresh seafood. I'd love to see the Boston Marathon festivities someday! I hope you can get your internet restored soon.

Rose I know you can do it! Have a great run this weekend, no matter the distance. It may end up being longer than you think! Good luck to Mike on his long run this weekend.

Lindsay I hope your half training is going well. Is it almost taper time? Wow, you had a long day yesterday! I hope you are recovering.

Liz :welcome: I joined this group last year when I registered for the Tink and these ladies were a huge source of support and encouragement for me. I couldn't have gotten through my first half without them! I went from no running to half in 11 months. I had been working out regularly for a year prior to that. You can do it!

Jen Disney races are a blast! I hope you have an awesome trip. DH and I went to CA Grill one night for our anniversary during our WDW trip 3 1/2 years ago. We dressed up, but did see lots of shorts as well. They took our picture and emailed it to us, which was nice.

Buffy Good to see you here!

LisaH Thanks so much for coaching this week. It was a big help to get me back into a good mindset, even if I didn't always have time to post. I hope you had a nice break from talking and have a nice relaxing weekend.

So I had a busy week. I went on DS's school field trip on Wednesday, which meant I couldn't work with the kids in DD's class until yesterday and I also had to do my weekly volunteer session in DS's class yesterday. Then last night I had to attend the PTO meeting and tell them I may not be able to do my job next year since we may be moving. I was hoping to be more definitive, but I still don't know yet. I wanted to give them a heads up because if I can't they will need to get a replacement for me at the last meeting of the year in May. I am organizing one last event for them next month, which I need to do today. They were disappointed since I am at school all the time, its nice to be appreciated.

So if I get to go to marathon weeknd (I'm twinkle thinking!) I was seriously tempted to do the full but I think I need to stick to the half for 2 reasons. I want to be 25 pounds lighter for a full, I think it would help tremendously. I want to train at this lighter weight, which means I need to lose it first. I think it would really help with speed, endurance, and injury prevention. I would also be brining my family since its been a really long time since we've been to WDW. I'd want to enjoy the weekend with them and see a few things, including maybe Harry Potter at Universal, and a full would be too much. I want to have some fun, see some WISHers, do an easy 5K with the family, do the half, and have some more fun. Since I've done a half before, I have a better idea of how to prepare. So I'll wait another year for a full. I'd really like to do either the Honolulu Marathon in December 2013 or the WDW marathon in January 2014. I need to get on that weight loss!

I am dragging myself to Zumba today. Have a great weekend fellow athletes!

I was thinking we need some sort of race (and Disney trip!) calendar to keep track of everyone's schedules.

I think several of us are running the weekend of April 28-29. Our first 5K with the kids is the 28th. Rose and Lindsay are your halfs that weekend?

soooooo, 14.5 miles. :)

It was pretty rough and I was so frustrated, but then I remembered I ran on the treadmill yesterday and I felt much better about it.:goodvibes I hit 13 miles at 2:30. I am really hoping for 2:15 or better for the half. All in all I feel pretty good. The ankle is NOT swollen. The itbands feel good. So that's about the best I can hope for, but I am feeling very beat up. It's interesting though. Before I stopped eating gluten when I was getting so sick, I would get horrible muscle cramps sometimes (electrolyte imbalance), but this is more like normal soreness, so that's a good thing. I started crying at the end again. Something about going over 10 miles that turns me into such a girl!:rotfl:

Thanks for all the encouragement!:goodvibes

Nancy--did you get to pee?:thumbsup2

LisaR--poor Dan! I hope that silly snow cooperates!

Ok, I am out of time again. But I really will be back with replies later or maybe tomorrow while Mike is doing his 20.:thumbsup2 I am going to yoga tomorrow and actually looking forward to it! Who is that person who has invaded my brain.;)

And I'm Back!

I can't try to repost my thoughts again, so I'll start from scratch and respond to new stuff.

LisaR -- I am so sorry about the snow. It is a huge bummer. My first half at WDW it was so warm, we literally went back in the room and took off our throwaway clothes. The next year we kept them, but it was comfortable. The third year it was snowing at the start, and sleeting the entire race. You just don't know what you're going to get weather-wise, but he's put in the training, and he will do great! It's PR time for him! ::yes::

Rose -- Ah, now you can relax and enjoy your taper. You are my hero, and I don't mean that lightly. Actually, all you ladies are my heroes! You keep me going, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support :grouphug:

Karen -- So nice to see you! Thank you for all the encouragement! I miss the BL thread, I just seem to have too much going on, and it's better if I confine myself to basically 1 thread :blush: But I miss you guys!

Buffy -- How did your day go? I'm pleased to say I am right on track for my snackapalooza later. I still have plenty of points for chips and chocolate later, so I will enjoy while I watch my block of "Ancient Aliens". Dennis laughs at me, but I find it relaxing and fun. Maybe I am not getting the intended message? ;)

Kathy -- I am all set for next week. As I posted on FB, Dennis will be running the 5K on Sunday. He will and my BIL run 9mm at the minimum, so they will be done and showered in plenty of time for us to drop Ben at church and go out for adult brunch. Could be a mimosa in my future! I may have more alcohol (counted, I promise!) this weekend than I've had since New Year's :blush:

Jen -- I am celebrating a 2 lb loss this week! I am so pleased! It's helping me stay focused on counting my points when I'm injured and can't work out like I want to. How's that packing coming? :goodvibes

LisaH -- I admit it, I am a Soarin' junkie! :lmao: I just love the soundtrack, I will listen to it over and over...I know, I really should get out more.

Nancy -- My IT band is not my friend. I have come to the conclusion I'm going to have to stop resting one day and then trying. I'm going to rest until Monday. That's three full days. I am really hoping that will do it. ::yes:: I hope you enjoyed seeing your friends today, and it wasn't too hard. Funerals are just sad occasions. :hug:

:wave: to Liz, Lindsay, Dottie, Dona, Pamela and other lurkers!

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

So as I posted on FB from work -- I registered Dennis for the WDW Full, and me for the Half! So happy! I'm a little freaked out, but feel like this is going to be a good year. I have three more Halfs scheduled before WDW, so I should be rocking it and ready to go :rockband:

Also, when I finally called today to change our AoA reservation and take advantage of free dining, I found out the Nemo Suites now qualify for the promotion, so it really is "free" for us! Buying the tickets from Disney rather than the discount place is $35 more, and I will use Dennis's ticket in January, so I'm pre-paying for it now. I feel like we are getting 5 days of free dining for $35, so not too shabby!

Now I have to figure out where Dennis and I will stay in January. I'm leaning towards POR, but I should do some research. All Dennis said was "No Value -- we're not waiting 4 days for the bus after the race", and "I'm not paying $500/night for a room". That gives me plenty to work with :rotfl2: I guess he gets I was a little too fried after the Princess this year :rolleyes1

Everybody have a wonderful weekend! I agree, we need a "race chart". Dare I suggest this is a task for our indomitable LisaH -- you are the queen of organization! :worship:

Maria :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter