Biggest Loser for Wii

Lorelei528

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have this or has used it? I have heard a couple of good things about it, but wanted to ask you all before I lay out the $ for it.

Any thoughts/comments/opinions greatly appreciated! :goodvibes

Thanks!

I have mixed feelings about this game. I've only played it a few times.
Pros:
* The exercises are more challenging than the Wii Fit ones, i.e. I can work up a sweat.
* The challenges are fun.
* Having the trainers we love from the TV show is cool.
* The best feature is probably the custom routines. You can pick and choose exercises to create a routine - and it tells you how many minutes of activities you've chosen.

Cons:
* Once you choose an exercise - even a 30 minute circuit training routing, there is no way to exit or back out without just shutting off the whole Wii. This wouldn't be such a problem, except I found the menu a little twitchy and my Wii-mote would select something I didn't mean to pick.
* I got kind of bored during the circuit training workouts. There are 5-10 seconds of waiting between each exercise. It feels like you're just doing a workout video, but not as interesting.
* While the challenges are fun, there is a very specific way to do the moves - I've been frustrated that it doesn't recognize my movement about half the time.
* The scoring or telling you how well you did seems arbitrary
* There is no cumulative calorie count or summary screen for your total workout. You'll just see the calories burned for the last activity you did. I was bummed that I did a challenge, then a circuit and didn't know how many cals that was.
* The trainers have a set number of phrases, and they are in a random rotation. This is fine in theory, until you're doing a relaxing cool down and Bob yells out, "Keep pushing through it - don't stop!"
* The weigh ins don't match with what the game does. You don't play as yourself, you pick a character from a former season. Your actual weight is not commented on. Your character gets on the scale and is weighed. How the character does is all that you see. For example, I lost 2 pounds, which is good for someone my size. Well my contestant Michelle only lost 1 and ended up below the yellow line.

I was really excited initially to get this game. I think I will continue to use it, but only rarely. But other people seem to like it a little more than I do. I think if you're expecting an interactive workout video with a few elements from the BL TV show thrown in, you will like this game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter