• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

Good morning all! :goodvibes

A big BL thank you to Jill for coaching last week! :thanks: You were a great coach!

I love black labs. I wanted one when we were looking for a new dog, but DH isn't a lab fan. He wanted something smaller. Do your dog & cat get along? And, love the turtle. DSs want a small pet of their own & are pushing for a turtle or fish. Are turtles easy pets? I'm worried about cleaning the tank!

Our black lab is a sweet, sweet dog. The cat is lucky that she is because he gets a little testy at times. He doesn't have front claws but intimadates the dog sometimes. This is our second generation of pets. Our first dog and cat came home at the same time and got along great. These two get along great, too, even though I think Wally thinks he is the boss because he was here first. :cat:

I have to tell you that the turtle has a quality that I find outstanding in a pet -- I've yet to see turtle poop. :rotfl2: But you do have to clean the tank and it is a big job. I would start with a small aquarium and fish to see how you like it before getting a pet that will live longer than you do. ;)

Tracey, hope you can get some rest this week-end! :flower3:

DH and I work different schedules so he goes to bed at 6pm and I go to bed at 10pm. At 5 mins till 6 if he is not making moves to go to the bedroom she sits at his feet and crys at him until he pays attention and stops what he is doing and off to bed they go. On his days off she is curled up beside me on the couch and ignores him. It is so very funny.

So funny about your sweet kitty! They do not like having their routines changed. ::yes::

Fran, so funny about Sparkles wanting to take on the big outdoor cat. :cat:

Pamela, how is your poor eye? What did the doctor say? Hope he gave you something and you are feeling better today. :flower3:

Mornin everyone! (= What a great Friday!! I managed to remember this morning before I headed out the door to climb up on my scale and see the results. I lost 4 lbs this week! Hooray! I'm considering starting my Insanity workout on Monday so that I make sure and exercise daily, to be honest I'm lacking motivation. =/ Hopefully by Monday I'll be mindset on my goal and work hard to achieve it. Happy weekend all and don't splurge too much!

:woohoo: great loss!

I walked at 5:30 AM and again at 7 AM so had 6 miles under my belt before 8 AM! Then didn't even go into the house but opened the garage and took back some refundable bottles/cans. Glad to have some of those gone. Since the neighbors give them to us for DS2's trip this summer, I am going to make him go with me this afternoon to return the rest. Pretty sure he wants to see his girlfriend today; this will be "payment" for the drive to her house! I've had my breakfast while cruising dis listening to d-cot (just love it!) and now am about to hit Costco. We will see DS1 this weekend and he is begging for cases of bottled water to keep in his dorm room.

Linda, congratulations for walking almost to Disneyland! :tink: I love d-cot.com too. You can't beat listening to Soarin' on demand. I really enjoy the random 25 because I hear songs I would not think of looking. On my last working day each week I listen call it Pirate Friday and listen to POTC on the Halloween feed. They also have World of Color if you haven't listened to that already in anticipation of your trip. :smickey:

Jen, you did have a crazy, busy week last week. :hug: Hope you can get some rest and regroup this week-end.

Elle, congrats on your great loss this week, too. :yay:

I figured that's what you meant! I meant to ask you that in my post, but forgot. Now that I'm beyond the half distance in my long runs, I will definitely be taking the slow advice to heart. And I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've been doing intervals for nearly 3 years and I've never figured out how to use the beeps on my watch! :confused: And thanks again for linking me to that video - I ended up watching some other form videos as well that I think will help me.

If your watch is a Garmin some models only do intervals in increments of 10 second and you have to restart after 99 intervals. I could never do that on the fly. I used my Runkeeper or Galloway app to do my intervals with my music but I would routinely lose my music after 3 hours -- that is tough when you are doing a half and still have an hour to go. Now I have switched now using Galloway's timer. It only does 99 repeats but it is easy to restart on the fly. I look pretty silly I'm sure with my Garmin, iPhone for music, and green timer but it works for me. :hippie:

After such a hectic week, I took yesterday off the dis. The thread is moving pretty slow right now, so it didn't take long to catch up this morning. I decided to restart my Jeff Galloway 5k app today. I plan to run a 5k on Thanksgiving, and I want to improve my time, so I better get started.

I so envy you and your reboot! :hippie: That is my goal as soon as I finish the Donald in January.

I think that we don't have a coach this week. Looks like we don't have any coaches scheduled for the rest of the challenge. We can take turns posting a QOTD for a few days. If you ever wanted to give coaching a try I'm sure Maureen would be happy to have you volunteer! :thumbsup2

Bonus QOTD Saturday, 10/13/12 How do you keep your great momentum from the week going on the week-end?

Afternoon everyone! ::MickeyMo

Nothing much going on here this weekend. I think we may hit up Disney tomorrow afternoon just to hang out. The weather is getting cooler here in the evenings which is nice. :)

We have two trips coming up in a few months. Next month we're staying at BLT in a studio theme park view room for my birthday. Then I booked 4 nights in a studio at OKW in January.

The 5 year anniversary of my family's passing is in January and I like to be somewhere other then home. I had looked into going to IL to see family or back to TX to see my best friend but it was going to cost a pretty penny. Disney is so much closer and I can bring stuff from home so we're not spending a lot of money on food.

On November 1st I'm going to start gearing up for the holidays. I'm going to start getting supplies together for Thanskgiving dinner, start going through holiday decorations and finding out what still works, etc. Although i won't do any decorating until the Friday and Saturday after turkey day. That Sunday we'll be headed to Disney.

I told Alan my next goal is to be in size 14 pants by Christmas, 72 days to go!!

Good afternoon!

I've been popping in a out here, I hope you all are doing well on your journey. Mine is up and down but tomorrow is my 2nd half marathon. I'm definitely nervous but I'm so glad that I finally got my first out of the way. I'm pretty excited! :)

Anyway, have a fabulous day!! :goodvibes:

Hi all, posting from the road on my app so this will be short. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm traveling this weekend for a Sunday wedding so I won't be able to respond to everyone until Monday, but thanks to everyone who has weighed in with me already! I will send out reminders when I get home on Monday to anyone outstanding and post results on Tuesday. I hope you all have a great weekend! Personally, it's my first week on Weight Watchers and I'm enjoying it tremendously. Thanks for all your encouragement! Happy October, everyone! I love this weather!

Good morning! Congrats to all who are hitting milestones in their weight loss journey :thumbsup2

After such a hectic week, I took yesterday off the dis. The thread is moving pretty slow right now, so it didn't take long to catch up this morning. I decided to restart my Jeff Galloway 5k app today. I plan to run a 5k on Thanksgiving, and I want to improve my time, so I better get started. I woke up all ready to go, but it's 30 degrees, so I am going to wait until around 9:00 before heading out. DSs are going to hang out with MIL around 11. She said she'd bring them home around 5:30. DH is exhausted from being sick all week and working a 12 hr shift last night, so I expect him to sleep most of the day, which means I have a few hours to myself! I have no idea what to do lol. Actually, I may go shopping for winter workout gear and new running shoes. I will not spend my free time cleaning!

Anyhow, I am off to get some stuff done before heading out for a run. Have a great Saturday!

Jill

Hope you enjoyed your "me" time! Good for you for NOT cleaning!

I think that we don't have a coach this week. Looks like we don't have any coaches scheduled for the rest of the challenge. We can take turns posting a QOTD for a few days. If you ever wanted to give coaching a try I'm sure Maureen would be happy to have you volunteer! :thumbsup2

Bonus QOTD Saturday, 10/13/12 How do you keep your great momentum from the week going on the week-end?

I usually pick one weekend meal to be my "splurge" for the week. Beyond that I try to keep it business as usual. As long as my menu plans are in place, it isn't too tough to stay OP. traveling weekends, swim meet weekends, etc are a bit tougher, but I pack meals and snacks to help me stay OP AND on budget.

Nothing much going on here this weekend. I think we may hit up Disney tomorrow afternoon just to hang out. The weather is getting cooler here in the evenings which is nice. :)

We have two trips coming up in a few months. Next month we're staying at BLT in a studio theme park view room for my birthday. Then I booked 4 nights in a studio at OKW in January.

The 5 year anniversary of my family's passing is in January and I like to be somewhere other then home. I had looked into going to IL to see family or back to TX to see my best friend but it was going to cost a pretty penny. Disney is so much closer and I can bring stuff from home so we're not spending a lot of money on food.

On November 1st I'm going to start gearing up for the holidays. I'm going to start getting supplies together for Thanskgiving dinner, start going through holiday decorations and finding out what still works, etc. Although i won't do any decorating until the Friday and Saturday after turkey day. That Sunday we'll be headed to Disney.

I told Alan my next goal is to be in size 14 pants by Christmas, 72 days to go!!

You are going to reach your goal....I know it! You are on a roll!

Good afternoon!

I've been popping in a out here, I hope you all are doing well on your journey. Mine is up and down but tomorrow is my 2nd half marathon. I'm definitely nervous but I'm so glad that I finally got my first out of the way. I'm pretty excited! :)

Anyway, have a fabulous day!! :goodvibes:

Best of luck tomorrow! Fingers crossed for good weather!

Hi all, posting from the road on my app so this will be short. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm traveling this weekend for a Sunday wedding so I won't be able to respond to everyone until Monday, but thanks to everyone who has weighed in with me already! I will send out reminders when I get home on Monday to anyone outstanding and post results on Tuesday. I hope you all have a great weekend! Personally, it's my first week on Weight Watchers and I'm enjoying it tremendously. Thanks for all your encouragement! Happy October, everyone! I love this weather!

WOOOOHOOO that you are giving WW a try!

Enjoy the wedding! Got something special to wear?

Evening all! Sorry I didn't make it back on yesterday. I finally finished my post tonight! After school it was eye appointment, errand to Target which took forever, home for dinner with the family and a chance to finally watch this week's Survivor.

This a.m. Was swim practice followed by errand which AGAIN seemed to take forever. Didn't get home for lunch until 2pm.

Anyhow.....eye is okay. No infection. He didn't seem sure why I had the irritation...possibly just some sort of scratch from my contact which got re-irritated this week somehow. Got drops and instructions for now contact wearing all week. :crazy2: I'll try to be patient, but I hate wearing my glasses.

DD finally made a swim decision and is swimming with a big YMCA team in Nashua. She (and I ) were so disillusioned with the entire Y system after what happened to her previous team, but she really felt like this team was the best choice for her. It will mean a crazy winter for me, :upsidedow since this Y is an hour from here and between weather issues and her exhaustion level I will probably be driving her most nights. :drive: I'm trying to appreciate our time together, even if she is doing homework for most of the drive.

:wave2:****FYI***** :wave2:

I will be happy to post a QOTD for tomorrow and Monday. I don't mind doing the entire week if no one else is able, but if you'd like the chance to have a day coaching, feel free to speak up.

I've been awake since 4:40, so I'm fading fast. See you all in the a.m. With the QOTD for Sunday! ...........P

Grrrrrr just got the new WW magazine 3 hrs ago and our puppy has tore it to shreds!!!!! So mad right now. Don't know what to do about his chewing. Today I threw out a pair of jeans, countless sockets, pair of gloves and pair of underwear that he has chewed holes in.....he has tons of toys to chew on but always seems to get clothes :(
This is why I didn't want a dog!!!!

That's awesome! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I will be happy to post a QOTD for tomorrow and Monday. I don't mind doing the entire week if no one else is able, but if you'd like the chance to have a day coaching, feel free to speak up.

I can coach Tuesday and Wednesday if you need me. :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good day today! Got on the scale and I dropped 2 more lbs, bringing my total weight loss so far to 44 lbs! Hopefully this means I've made it through my plateau...I hope. Now if I can lose one more pound, I'll be able to title my TR 'Taking on the World 45 lbs lighter!'

tumblr_m9bkpy3B271r4gjsq.gif

Was able to finally make it to the gym after a week of not feeling well enough to go, and boy did it hurt! Hopefully it won't be that long until the next time I go back. ;) But we had a great breakfast-for-dinner night which was omelets with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. YUMMY! But now the kitchen's clean and I've planted myself in bed for the night. Was going to try to finish reading 'Cyrano de Bergerac' (I just finished listening to the BBC audio play version with Kenneth Branagh as Cyrano and it was fantastic!) but I think I'll save that venture for another time and instead surf Youtube. :goodvibes

Have a good weekend!

Happy Sunday morning friends! Here is today's QOTD:

OTHER THAN SUSTAINED WEIGHT LOSS, what is one of your GREATEST dreams? (Something you've always dreamed about doing, someplace you've LONGED to visit, a goal you've wanted to achieve, etc). Have you done any real work in pursuing this dream? If so, what have you done.... have you accomplished this dream? If not, why not? What is keeping you from working toward this dream?

BB in a minute to chat..............P

Grrrrrr just got the new WW magazine 3 hrs ago and our puppy has tore it to shreds!!!!! So mad right now. Don't know what to do about his chewing. Today I threw out a pair of jeans, countless sockets, pair of gloves and pair of underwear that he has chewed holes in.....he has tons of toys to chew on but always seems to get clothes :(

Aww.... I'm sorry. Can you talk to the vet about it? I got the magazine as well. I could share it when I am done reading it if you would like. Just PM me your address if you would like it.

I can coach Tuesday and Wednesday if you need me. :thumbsup2

That would be great! THanks!! I'll leave THursday open for now, in case anyone else would like a chance. Otherwise I'll do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good day today! Got on the scale and I dropped 2 more lbs, bringing my total weight loss so far to 44 lbs! Hopefully this means I've made it through my plateau...I hope. Now if I can lose one more pound, I'll be able to title my TR 'Taking on the World 45 lbs lighter!'

tumblr_m9bkpy3B271r4gjsq.gif

WONDERFUL!! And I LOVE this little animation bit! From Princess and the Frog, right??

Was able to finally make it to the gym after a week of not feeling well enough to go, and boy did it hurt! Hopefully it won't be that long until the next time I go back. ;)

IT is always tough to get back to it after a break. But you will catch up quickly.

But we had a great breakfast-for-dinner night which was omelets with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. YUMMY! But now the kitchen's clean and I've planted myself in bed for the night.

YUM!! I love breakfast for dinner nights!!

Was going to try to finish reading 'Cyrano de Bergerac' (I just finished listening to the BBC audio play version with Kenneth Branagh as Cyrano and it was fantastic!) but I think I'll save that venture for another time and instead surf Youtube. :goodvibes

Have a good weekend!

Sounds like a good evening!

Good morning friends! Raining here today, as expected.

DH and I got some last bits of painting and trim replacement done late yesterday in anticipation of today's rain. The garage window frames are painted, but I let them dry overnight. I'll replace the windows later today if we get a break in the rain. Then I can check that off the list!!:cool1: With some up coming busy weekends and of course, the weather getting colder, that may be it for the year. I was hoping to get two more pieces of trim replaced, but it may end up waiting til the spring.

I'm reading YET ANOTHER weight loss book. This one I found at a local salvage store. It is called "The THIN Commandments diet book". I like reading diet books because I always seem to find SOMETHING new. Even if I HATE the "diet" plan that they are selling, or I disagree with their exercise philosophy or something like that... I always seem to LEARN a new bit to add to my weight-loss journey arsenal. This one had a great statement right out of the gate on page one! I will grab the book and share it later. There may not be another worthy thing in this entire book, but it is already worth the $2.98 I paid for it for the first few pages! :thumbsup2

Brrr..... another cold morning here in the house and cheap-o Mom doesn't want to turn on the heat yet! I'm trying to hold out until 11/1 to turn on the heat.... but with the house already chilly and a cold, dark, rainy day on tap, there may be a rebellion if I don't allow the heat to come on.

I want to find ONE indoor house project to work on for about an hour today and then give myself permission to do some scrapping (between loads of laundry and cooking meals, of course :rolleyes2).

Off to create breakfast magic!! :rotfl: .........................P

Thanks for all the good wishes.

I ended up running it in 2:40, 10 minutes faster than May, it was less painful too. The first 3 miles were miserable though, it was pretty cold and I was in a tank top and shorts. When the sun came out it warmed up and was pretty nice though, the one in May was definitely more scenic. This one had a lot of buildings and town, but still give it an A! :)

pjlla said:
Aww.... I'm sorry. Can you talk to the vet about it? I got the magazine as well. I could share it when I am done reading it if you would like. Just PM me your address if you would like it.
.........................P

Thanks for the offer
I think I am going to order the digital versions!! He is still a puppy so I know he is going to chew...just wish he would chew more in his toys and not my stuff!!!!!

Football day here
Turkey in the oven for later starting laundry and then I think I am going to take a quick nap :) have been eating everything I see today so figure a nap might break that cycle..

Its another gorgeous day here in central FL!! There's a slight breeze and I've spent most of my day outside just relaxing. I've talked with a friend and trying to help her get some things figured out with her life. It sounds like she'll be making a move here to central FL and get on her feet after her recent seperation from her husband.

Its going to be gorgeous here the rest of the week so may just wait and hit Disney up next weekend.

Okay heading back outside before Alan wonders where I went, LOL

Toodles! :tinker:

A big BL thank you to Jill for coaching last week! :thanks: You were a great coach!

Awww...thank you so much!

Our black lab is a sweet, sweet dog. The cat is lucky that she is because he gets a little testy at times. He doesn't have front claws but intimadates the dog sometimes. This is our second generation of pets. Our first dog and cat came home at the same time and got along great. These two get along great, too, even though I think Wally thinks he is the boss because he was here first. :cat:

I have to tell you that the turtle has a quality that I find outstanding in a pet -- I've yet to see turtle poop. :rotfl2: But you do have to clean the tank and it is a big job. I would start with a small aquarium and fish to see how you like it before getting a pet that will live longer than you do. ;)

Our dog is very energetic and always wants to play with the cat. We hear a lot of cat screaming and hissing at our house :lmao:

We have had an aquarium in the past & I now refuse to get any fish. I hated cleaning it. DS9 did good feeding the fish, but cleaning fell on me. Guess a turtle is out of the question!

I so envy you and your reboot! :hippie: That is my goal as soon as I finish the Donald in January.

DS9 thinks he wants to run this 5k, so I guess I won't be going for a PR. I'll be run/walking with him. I need to find more races! I would love to do a Disney race. One day...

Usually I don't~that's my problem! But, this week I preplanned every meal and snack. I've done so well. But, DH wanted to go to dinner last night because the kids were with his mom. He was craving a huge burrito, so we went to a local Mexican restaurant. I looked in the WW book ahead of time and I think I did well. So, I guess preplanning everything will be my new thing. Before, I only preplanned dinners.

How was the wedding? I follow ww, too. I slacked the last 2 weeks, but am back on track this week. How was eating at the wedding? I hope you found healthy food!

Hope you enjoyed your "me" time! Good for you for NOT cleaning!

I did enjoy my time. Thanks! Now I am cleaning today :rotfl2:

Anyhow.....eye is okay. No infection. He didn't seem sure why I had the irritation...possibly just some sort of scratch from my contact which got re-irritated this week somehow. Got drops and instructions for now contact wearing all week. :crazy2: I'll try to be patient, but I hate wearing my glasses.

Glad to hear it was nothing serious! Take care!

DD finally made a swim decision and is swimming with a big YMCA team in Nashua. She (and I ) were so disillusioned with the entire Y system after what happened to her previous team, but she really felt like this team was the best choice for her. It will mean a crazy winter for me, :upsidedow since this Y is an hour from here and between weather issues and her exhaustion level I will probably be driving her most nights. :drive: I'm trying to appreciate our time together, even if she is doing homework for most of the drive.

I'm glad she got everything figured out. It's too bad the new team is so far away, though.

Oh no! I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that I have no advice. We have only adopted grown dogs. I'm sure there's tons of ideas online, though!

Yay! Congrats on all your hard work!

OTHER THAN SUSTAINED WEIGHT LOSS, what is one of your GREATEST dreams? (Something you've always dreamed about doing, someplace you've LONGED to visit, a goal you've wanted to achieve, etc). Have you done any real work in pursuing this dream? If so, what have you done.... have you accomplished this dream? If not, why not? What is keeping you from working toward this dream?

I actually had 2 pop in my head. First, I want to run a the Princess half. I wanted to make it a goal for 2013, but finances did not allow. One day, I will runDisney!

Second, I would love to live in another country and learn all about the culture. I haven't taken any steps toward this goal mainly becasue of my family. My boys are still so young, and I want them to grow up with their grandparents and great-grandparents. However, DH just informed me that Cleveland Clinic is opening a hospital in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) next year and he thinks we should look into moving there. I told him I would consider it. We'll see :)

I ended up running it in 2:40, 10 minutes faster than May, it was less painful too. The first 3 miles were miserable though, it was pretty cold and I was in a tank top and shorts. When the sun came out it warmed up and was pretty nice though, the one in May was definitely more scenic. This one had a lot of buildings and town, but still give it an A! :)

Great job! Where was your race?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Sunday afternoon. It is a beautiful 70 degree fall day here in PA! DS9 and I took the dog to our park and walked a little over 2 miles. The poor dog wanted to run since I've been taking her running with me, but DS just wanted to walk. It was fun and it took us about 33 minutes.

I've also put away 3 loads of laundry and load #4 is in the dryer. Today was "organize the house" day. The boys have been helping out, too. They went through all the books on their bookshelf and got rid of about half. I'm taking about half of those to my school and the other half will go to Goodwill. DS9 also cleaned off his desk and put tons of Legos away since they took over the living room and dining room somehow! I was planning on cleaning the bathroon and dusting, but I may just sit and relax for a bit :thumbsup2

The roofers are supposed to start tomorrow, but we have a chance of rain tonight and in the morning with the temp dropping into the high in the 50s. They said they wouldn't come in the rain, so I guess we'll wait and see. I hope they can get this done asap. It's been stressing me since June!

Fran~I think it was you that mentioned your cat trying to attack a cat through the window? Our neighbors rescue cats and have a lot. Like 20. Our cat lays on the window seat in our dining room and meows at the neighbor cats in thier house. It's actually more of a cry, and I have no idea why he does this! I used to think I had a fairly smart cat, but if he thinks the other cats can hear him through 2 houses, I must be mistaken :rotfl2:

Okay, I am off to get DS9 to practice his drums (on a drum pad right now) and put load #4 away. Have a great night and thanks to Lisa and Pamela for stepping in as coach!

Jill

Jill: I would love to live I another country as well...my advice...do it while kids are young because now that mine are starting high school and getting so involved with athletics I couldn't imagine moving them....well and the fact that DH is still working on his teaching degree but the talk of teaching internationally has come up.

Well turkey is done..might be a little dry because I can't find my roaster pan so cooked it in the oven. Squash in the oven now and then making mashed potatoes for kids. dH is one 36 hour shift so he misses out. I am such the weekend widow :( he is always refereeing games and then into long fire dept shifts
It does allow me to have a "wife" during the week :) so I guess I can deal w ith it....do have to train "her" better however because she never seems to fold the clothes when she washes them !!!!!!

Great job! Sorry you were cold to start. I hate running with cold hands and ears, but I don't mind if my legs are cold. And faster than your previous time!!

Thanks for the offer
I think I am going to order the digital versions!! He is still a puppy so I know he is going to chew...just wish he would chew more in his toys and not my stuff!!!!!

Good idea!

Football day here
Turkey in the oven for later starting laundry and then I think I am going to take a quick nap :) have been eating everything I see today so figure a nap might break that cycle..

Yum! TURKEY! Love a good turkey dinner here. I used to do it a few times a year until DS's diagnosis to poultry. It just doesn't seem worth the bother if it doesn't feed us all.

Its another gorgeous day here in central FL!! There's a slight breeze and I've spent most of my day outside just relaxing. I've talked with a friend and trying to help her get some things figured out with her life. It sounds like she'll be making a move here to central FL and get on her feet after her recent seperation from her husband.

Glad your weather is so delightful! I'm jealous. Today was cold and dark and rainy. Sun did finally try to pop out around 4pm. Glad you were there to help your friend.

Its going to be gorgeous here the rest of the week so may just wait and hit Disney up next weekend.

JEALOUS!!::yes::

Okay heading back outside before Alan wonders where I went, LOL

Toodles! :tinker:

Usually I don't~that's my problem! But, this week I preplanned every meal and snack. I've done so well. But, DH wanted to go to dinner last night because the kids were with his mom. He was craving a huge burrito, so we went to a local Mexican restaurant. I looked in the WW book ahead of time and I think I did well. So, I guess preplanning everything will be my new thing. Before, I only preplanned dinners.

Good idea! As much as I HATE cooking, eating out can be SO TOUGH, so sometimes I am grateful that I am eating at home. What did you get? Love Mexican food, but I am really the only one, so we NEVER, EVER, EVER get it.

I actually had 2 pop in my head. First, I want to run a the Princess half. I wanted to make it a goal for 2013, but finances did not allow. One day, I will runDisney!

Second, I would love to live in another country and learn all about the culture. I haven't taken any steps toward this goal mainly becasue of my family. My boys are still so young, and I want them to grow up with their grandparents and great-grandparents. However, DH just informed me that Cleveland Clinic is opening a hospital in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) next year and he thinks we should look into moving there. I told him I would consider it. We'll see :)

That would be exciting!!

Good Sunday afternoon. It is a beautiful 70 degree fall day here in PA! DS9 and I took the dog to our park and walked a little over 2 miles. The poor dog wanted to run since I've been taking her running with me, but DS just wanted to walk. It was fun and it took us about 33 minutes.

Sounds like fun! I'd have LOVED 70 degrees today!

I've also put away 3 loads of laundry and load #4 is in the dryer. Today was "organize the house" day. The boys have been helping out, too. They went through all the books on their bookshelf and got rid of about half. I'm taking about half of those to my school and the other half will go to Goodwill. DS9 also cleaned off his desk and put tons of Legos away since they took over the living room and dining room somehow! I was planning on cleaning the bathroon and dusting, but I may just sit and relax for a bit :thumbsup2

LOVE those kinds of days! We didn't get any organizing done, but at least laundry is caught up! What is it about LEGOS? They can truly take over! We finally dedicated a finished office space in the basement to DS's Legos, yet I STILL find them around in the strangest places.... they are little and pop up EVERYWHERE!

The roofers are supposed to start tomorrow, but we have a chance of rain tonight and in the morning with the temp dropping into the high in the 50s. They said they wouldn't come in the rain, so I guess we'll wait and see. I hope they can get this done asap. It's been stressing me since June!

Okay, I am off to get DS9 to practice his drums (on a drum pad right now) and put load #4 away. Have a great night and thanks to Lisa and Pamela for stepping in as coach!

Jill

Drums? Did you really think about that choice? :rotfl2:

Jill: I would love to live I another country as well...my advice...do it while kids are young because now that mine are starting high school and getting so involved with athletics I couldn't imagine moving them....well and the fact that DH is still working on his teaching degree but the talk of teaching internationally has come up.

Well turkey is done..might be a little dry because I can't find my roaster pan so cooked it in the oven. Squash in the oven now and then making mashed potatoes for kids. dH is one 36 hour shift so he misses out. I am such the weekend widow :( he is always refereeing games and then into long fire dept shifts
It does allow me to have a "wife" during the week :) so I guess I can deal w ith it....do have to train "her" better however because she never seems to fold the clothes when she washes them !!!!!!

Hey.... if "she" is at least washing them, consider yourself LUCKY!! I'm sure the turkey will be just fine. Enjoy!

Hope you all had a delightful day! I am ready to give my QOTD answer.

My most long-term, ongoing wish/dream is to travel. I try to enjoy my "little" trips when I can and I am awaiting the day when the kids are gone and the finances allows some real WORLD travel! I even commented to DH this morning when watching a show that had some beautiful scenery of Canada.... "can we go there when we retire and buy an RV?" I'd love to RV around North America (and even South America) and travel Europe like a college student.... backpack, no plans, etc.

GOtta go stir the dinner! The spaghetti sauce is taking FOREVER to defrost in the pan! TTYL.....................P

Evening all,

Had a good weekend! Ash won her first game yesterday though she didn't play much. She started feeling car sick on the way to the game. It was down a windy road and she was reading on her ipod on the way! She's had a not so great week with not feeling great but she seems to be doing better today. We went to see Hotel Transylvania this afternoon which was really good. Then we came home and ordered pizza and watched the Patriots :( game with a friend. Catching up on some shows right now before the kids go to bed. Brian is in Toronto. I hate being in the house alone so I won't sleep much tonight. A friend is helping get Ash to school in the morning for me. I then have to get Izzie to school and then do a few quick errands and then take Ash to a dr appt. Then I have to work and then Izzie is having a friend over after school while Ash is at play practice. Luckily we have nothing tomorrow night so we'll just watch tv and do homework. Brian will be home late Tuesday morning.

Not sure what I'll watch when the kids go to bed. I may read a little bit and then watch some tv. I have to get up at 6.

Time to get the kids ready for bed!

TTFN :tigger:

My big wish dream was to travel and I got the chance to do that for 8 years. I am a nurse and I worked as a travel nurse for 8 years. Got to work all over the US and get to see the local color at the same time. Worked 3 days a week and had 4 days to sightsee. Was really great.

Now I'm married and DH and I are "enjoying our retirement while we can still afford it". We take a long weekend each month and do "mini" travel. And twice a year do the 2 week vacation thing.

Fran, so funny about Sparkles wanting to take on the big outdoor cat. :cat:

She is funny! The outdoor cat has moved on for the time being. She gave her a little action in her life! :goodvibes

This is a tough one. I have really been doing a BAD job on this challenge and I am actually going the other way! I am finally disgusted with myself and I am getting back on track. I am up 2 pounds again this week and I am not happy.

Weekends are my worst part. I had a wedding, football game and outdoor get together with friends. BLAH!

:hug: I am thinking of you.

You go girl! I am so excited for your weight loss! Keep up the great work.

...........P

Hey Pam, I am glad to hear about your eye and that it isn't anything serious. And it seems like you have worked out your daughter's swimming problems. I am sorry you will have a lot of driving .... but I agree, it could be great quality time spent together before she leaves for college. :goodvibes

BB in a minute to chat..............P

Mine is to travel also. I would really like to see every state. We have seen or drove through quite a few states on the east coast. But other that that, I have only been out west 2 times ... and they were to Vegas. Seeing every state would be awesome ...... some day ....

That is great! Congrats on a great run!

Fran~I think it was you that mentioned your cat trying to attack a cat through the window? Our neighbors rescue cats and have a lot. Like 20. Our cat lays on the window seat in our dining room and meows at the neighbor cats in thier house. It's actually more of a cry, and I have no idea why he does this! I used to think I had a fairly smart cat, but if he thinks the other cats can hear him through 2 houses, I must be mistaken :rotfl2:

Jill

Jill ... I think your cat and my cat are from the same litter! :rotfl: That is really funny!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Happy Monday morning all! Sorry I wasn't here sooner! Got caught up in emails!

QOTD for Monday, October 15, 2012:

In the book I am currently reading, "The THIN Commandment Diet" on the first page he states the following.......

"Indeed, those who succeed at weight control do not have greater willpower than those who fail - they just have better strategies."

When I read that a giant lightbulb went off in my head!! :idea: That statement is SO TRUE! I didn't lose nearly 90 pounds because I suddenly developed great willpower.... it is because I learned new and better strategies!

What strategies have YOU learned on this journey? If you are just starting out, what are your weak points? What kind of strategies do you THINK you will need to develop?

...................................P

Okay.... as I was typing the QOTD, the phone rang and they need me at work! While I was relaxed and ready for a day at home (full of fun stuff like laundry and vacuuming), I need the cash, so I'm off to hit the shower! I will be interested to see all of the answers to the QOTD when I get home tonight!

TTYL......................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter