• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

Well, I think I got myself out of a cooking funk. I was online late last night looking at recipes. I've found quite a few that peaked my interest and I'm going to be making and freezing meals next weekend. I'm also going to make some peanut butter blossom cookies for Alan. Yeah, something I don't typically make until around the holidays but he wanted some. :)

Bit behind on QOTDs here! What I remember are: I don't really have any Disney decorations. We did find a cute tree topper of Mickey so after 20+ years of no tree topper we finally have one! :thumbsup2 And on that trip I must have been in a shopping mood (very rare for me!) because everything in the Christmas store looked adorable and I wanted it all! ;) My 3 wishes are just the usual--nothing major. Being the only person without testerone in my house, I don't get the remote very often! The tv seems to be stuck on ESPN! However, for years Saturday nights we watched Globe Trekker. Now the family doesn't care about it because it's a repeat or pieces of older shows to make a new one, so we don't watch it too often. We just started watching Big Bang Theory and Doc Martin and I try to watch Mystery! on PBS. That's pretty much it for my tv. I haven't tried any new food, mainly because we're pretty diverse already. Just trying to fit more fruits and veggies in.

Finished canning my peaches and pears so I am done! Except the stupid apple tree in our back yard looks like it needs to be picked. Sometimes I make applesauce and freeze it and sometimes we pick them and deliver them to a friend with horses. :drive:

Haven't looked today (it's only 10 AM) but Disneyland should have added another of our days to its calendar! Can't wait for our trip. :beach:

Went for a run this morning. First time in weeks. I was tickled pink with my time. 24:58 for 2 miles. I tried to stretch out really well afterwards, so hope I'm not too sore tomorrow! :goodvibes

I've been asked to sub my current job for 2 more weeks. I don't think it should be that long since I think they have held interviews. Yesterday the kinders were making fruit loop necklaces so one of the gals was taking pictures of them for our class scrapbook. One kiddo was very unhappy, bottom lip stuck way out! She texted that photo to us all last night with the title "pretty much sums up our week!" It was so funny, and so correct!

Hope everybody's having a super weekend! :grouphug:

Friday's Question of the Day: What old and new shows are you looking forward to this season?

We dvr a lot of shows and I watch most. My returning favorites are The Middle, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Up all Night, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, and Cougar Town. As you can see, I love 30 min comedies. I don't feel like I have time for hour long dramas lol. I am most looking forward to Go On. So far, I am loving it. I am also watching The Voice and X Factor when I have nothing else to watch. They are fun shows.

Working in a traditional school setting is stressful enough. I cannot IMAGINE working in your situation. Plus not getting enough support!!?? It must be insane! I'm sure that your stress level is insane! pixiedust: Pixie dust that your work days start improving!!

Thanks for the supporting words. Unfortuately, the stress helped my car drive to Panera Friday morning and I got a pumpkin muffin. Found out later that it's 16 points+ (I knew it wasn't healthy, but I didn't think it would be 16)!! At least I enjoyed every bite lol.

Saturday QOTD: Are there any foods that you would never eat or try before you set out on this journey to healthier eating? What have you found that you really love now?

I actually enjoy trying new foods and there really isn't much I do not like. Although, for the life of me, I cannot stand beets. Yuck. Anyhow, I have discovered that I like zucchini and squash a lot. My mom never used those growing up, so I'm trying to get my family to try them. Oh, and butternut squash ravioli is to die for. Not healthy, but delicious!

Mary•Poppins;46297073 said:
Hey Jill, I am so sorry. I used to work in a building where I would get dumped on too. (It gets old really fast!) I am now very lucky to work in a building with some great co-workers and an awesome principal. However, at the beginning of this school year, some of my co-workers that I used to work with starting causing some issues that were about to affect us. Our principal stepped in and stopped it. My only concern is that I am pretty sure my principal is going to retire next year and I am very worried about who will fill her shoes. I have had 8 principals over my working career and I have had some REALLY bad ones. I really hope your job turns around. (Insert a hug smilie here!)

My husband's birthday is this Thursday. My mom today called and said, "Don't make a cake. I have one for my DS's birthday." .... now some back history on this is that my mom sees a cake reduced at our local grocery store's bakery and buys it then freezes it for some later date. Now, the cakes aren't that great when the are fresh ... let alone when they have been frozen! I told my mom that my DS does not want this kind of cake for his birthday ... but my mom has insisted that he will love it.

Now ... I get home and tell my DS this story and he just shakes his head (because he doesn't want this cake). I told him that she won't listen to me and that he has to man-up and tell her tomorrow that he doesn't want it. And the wimp says, " We will just have her cake." I kept telling him he is a chicken to tell her and he kept laughing saying I won't be her favorite if I tell her! I told him, I don't want any complaining and he better eat his piece of this cake! :cool1:

(I think I will be pouring water over the rest of the cake once my Mom leaves.) :rotfl2:

Thank you for your kind words and hug. I'm just going to do my job and try to not worry or stress about stuff I cannot control. I just wish my boss would man up and take care of things that the teachers have been complaining about for a couple years now!

This cake story cracks me up. It sounds like something my grandma would do. I love that DS wants to be her favorite, so he'll just smile and eat the cake. Too funny! Let us know how it was :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, confession time. I did not eat good yesterday or today. And, I didn't exercise. I did, however, go to 2 grocery stores, the meat market, the pet store, a local store that sells everything and opened it's Christmas Lane to walk thorugh (I'll explain later), 2 Halloween stores, and Target. Whew. And, I am happy to report that DS6 got his Halloween costume~a ninja. DS9 is still undecided after looking at thousands of costumes (as if a new idea will magically appear that we haven't seen yet lo)l.

So, this local store we have (it's called Kraynak's) has a huge greenhouse and I went to get mums. They also have an awesome Christmas Lane (and Easter) where they decorate tons of trees and put up themed rooms. It's hard to explain, but people come from all over to see this and closer to Christmas there will be long waits just to get in. They also have tons of toys that are hard to find (I swear they have every version of Monopoly ever made), Thomas stuff galore, all kinds of trains, candy that is also hard to find, and rooms full of decorations. So, I say to the kids, hey, let's look at the Christmas villages. Well, don't you know they had 3 Dept 56 Disney village houses 1/2 off!! Score! I bought all three and now have more Disney decorations :) I got Pluto's Pet Shop, Mickey's Treehouse, and Donald's Toy Store. I am so giddy that I want to put them up now lol. When DH woke up, he just shook his head and laughed. He knows just to let me have this obsession :rotfl2:

I also managed to clean the bathroom and sweep the dining room. I still need to mop it. I am going to get ready to start a load or 2 of laundry so I can relax a bit tonight. Oh, and DSs want to make Christmas lists. Little do they know that I hit up the Target clearance at the end of July and all I have left to get them is a couple Lego sets.

DSs are watching Mulan 2 right now. I didn't even know there was a Mulan 2. We watched Disney's Robin Hood last night. They loved it. I can't believe it's from 1973.

Is everyone enjoying fall so far? It was a perfect fall day here in western PA. The leaves are changing and it was sunny and cool. I hope tomorrow is the same so I can get a nice long run in. I haven't run in awhile and I am missing it. What? Did I just say I miss running? Boy, I never would have thought that would come out of my mouth!

I hope anyone doing the ToT Ten Miler has a blast. It was a goal of mine to do this race, but finances just didn't allow. We are planning a WDW vacation next year and hoping I can make it over this weekend. I would love, love love to do a Disney race.

Ok, enough rambling, bring on the laundry. Be back tomorrow.

Jill

I grew up eating just about anything and thinking it was normal. So not needing to change much for healthy eating. I really am loving the fall harvest and all the winter squash that is out now. I really like to eat local and seasonal.

Now DH on the other hand has really broadened his eating horizion and is finding many of the things he "thought" he didn't like, that when he tries it now at my insistence, that he does indeed like what he thought he didn't. I think one of the big differences is his mom cooked everything to death so it was either mush or burned. Now he eats things cooked correctly and finds the taste great.

Good Sunday morning everyone.

I had a great day yesterday. I spent the day making pillowcases for kids with cancer. We made 70 while we were at the quilt shop and there were 108 made and dropped off ahead of time. It was fun since we started with what they had and while we were working they started cutting Christmas fabric so we switched to Christmas fabrics and spent the rest of the day working on Christmas cases. We had a wonderful sweatshop running during the morning. A couple of people were pinning, three of us were sewing the first seam, someone was pressing and then a couple of people were doing the final edge . Then there were a couple people cutting fabric. In the afternoon I took over the ironing and the folding and counting. It was getting close to 3 and we had 68 pillowcases so we had to make 2 more so that we could have an even 70. It still took us almost an hour to get out of the shop because we had to finish our shopping and get all the stuff out to our cars.

Today I need to grocery shop and then I want to sew. Next weekend Dh is going away for the weekend and I am planning to sew all weekend.

QOTD I am looking forward to NCIS and The Middle this season. I love Big Bang THeory but that is on the same night as I have yoga so that is out.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Good Sunday morning everyone.

I had a great day yesterday. I spent the day making pillowcases for kids with cancer. We made 70 while we were at the quilt shop and there were 108 made and dropped off ahead of time. It was fun since we started with what they had and while we were working they started cutting Christmas fabric so we switched to Christmas fabrics and spent the rest of the day working on Christmas cases. We had a wonderful sweatshop running during the morning. A couple of people were pinning, three of us were sewing the first seam, someone was pressing and then a couple of people were doing the final edge . Then there were a couple people cutting fabric. In the afternoon I took over the ironing and the folding and counting. It was getting close to 3 and we had 68 pillowcases so we had to make 2 more so that we could have an even 70. It still took us almost an hour to get out of the shop because we had to finish our shopping and get all the stuff out to our cars.

Today I need to grocery shop and then I want to sew. Next weekend Dh is going away for the weekend and I am planning to sew all weekend.

QOTD I am looking forward to NCIS and The Middle this season. I love Big Bang THeory but that is on the same night as I have yoga so that is out.

Have a happy and healthy day.

That is sooooo cool that you do that! I have a friend who is going through the cancer battle with her 2 year old daughter. It is just heartbreaking. She has twins and the one wee one was diagnosed and has been going through this like a little trooper with her twinnie loving her right through it all. Cancer at any age sucks but kids with cancer is just so sooooo wrong and unfair.

Good morning everyone! Having a lazy, coffee and jammies morning here. Was a terrible girl and went to the Grape Festival with my son and his girlfriend yesterday and ate all kinds of bad things. Weight is up, don't care, it was worth it and I needed that day off. Maybe shocking my body with that sugar and carb load will help it reset. I know I woke up with a killer headache from the sugar and honestly, in my opinion that is a good thing. Good reminder of what my body doesn't need or want.

As far as the QOTD, I've missed so many of them but for TV shows I will say I am a total junkie, DVR a ton of stuff to skip all the commercials. I love Grey's but am getting tired of all the huge changes and hope they get back on track this year; love love love NCIS (the original) and NCIS: Los Angeles; The Voice just blows me away and I so appreciate that all the people on there really are good and they skip all the nonsense of "no talent" fools like the ones they put on X Factor and the other talent type shows; Revenge comes back tonight and I like (don't love just like) that one; absolutely *love* Deadliest Catch and those fishermen.....; big fan of the ghosts shows; and last but not least, as I'm really thinking vow renewal next year, I love watching the bridal shows with the exception of that Bridezillas nonsense. lol

The food thing....well I've always been pretty good about eating healthy so I can't say I've added anything. I know I really need to develop a taste for seafood but it just isn't happening.....I hate it and I just can't get past it. So, no new foods for me this time around!

Good morning!! I see our Kaiti had an amazing race!!
It is a cool morning here so everyone is slow moving. Trying to get everyone up for church and then to lunch for youngest's b-day.

And YES I decorate with disney for every holiday :). Drives my DH nuts
Brought home some cute Halloween ornaments from CA when I was there....could have went nuts!!

Ever since returning from our Disney vacation on the 16th..it's been SLOW getting into losing mode...came home with a bad intestinal illness...which somehow landed in my right kidney...in the past two weeks I have only walked 7 miles and usually it's 24 a week!! I have 3 more days of antibiotic (second one) and hope to be back in a healthy form to tackle these last 45 pounds...I am sooo excited to see that number I have not seen in years!! Only 20 more pounds to get to my lowest I've been in 15 years!! So excited!!! Just need to get well...anyone else have antibiotics make them feel icky? They just tear my stomach up...running out to get some probiotics and hope they help.

I know I'm on an Asia team but not sure what I'm supposed to do ..so for all you Asians out there...I'm pulling for you!!!

QOTD: Sunday: What is your goal for the coming week?

Sorry I'm posting this so late! My sinuses are killing me today and I was making chili this morning and trying to get my house cleaned up!

My goal for the week is to get back on the elliptical consistently and eat responsibly!

Enjoy your Sunday! I'll try and get back on later today!

My goal is to exercise for 4 days this week. Last week was just one day and though I did well on the scale, I know that I need to get back to my 4 days. I'm supposed to do two short runs and one long run per week, then I do one day of Zumba on my Wii to make it 4 days. Last week-- I did the long run but nothing else. I worked late every day and just didn't have the energy. NOT working late this week, so no excuses.
1) 4 days of exercise
2) Track my water
3) Track food on etools and stick to my points.

I've missed so many of these, I'm not even going to try and catch up. But here's my answer for today:

1. Get in 4 runs
2. Meet with my trainer
3 Get in 2 strength training workouts
4. 1 soda per day
5. Try to eat fruits/veggies 3 days this week

tigger813 said:

Here are my goals:
1. Get to the gym as much as possible (tomorrow & Thurs my schedule isn't looking good for this) & workout on own the other days
2. Track all my food
3. No fast food stops (even for coffee)
4. Work on a budget for the month (I feel like I'm spending way too much on silly things)
5. Visit my great aunt who is 97 and in a nursing home.

I know some of those aren't necessarily health related, but they help me mentally :)

DS9 and I just got back from a 4 mile walk with the dog. We walked a new path that is in the next town. It's super nice & along the lake & river. I think it'll be a good running path when it's not snowy/icy. It's actually 6 miles out & back, but we only did 4. The dog is definitely whooped now. She's fast asleep already lol.

I have quite a busy day tomorrow. I'm hoping to squeeze in a quick walk/run after ds's orthodontist appointment and before his drum lesson. DH will be sleeping after working tonight midnight & going to school all day tomorrow. Then he has to work in a sleep lab tomorrow night. So, we'll be doing dinner without him. I hope the kids don't mind me going for a run/walk or doing a dvd before or after dinner.

I have to run to finish one load of laundry, get the garbage together to put out, clean up dinner, and do the dishes. Have a great evening.

Jill

Ever since returning from our Disney vacation on the 16th..it's been SLOW getting into losing mode...came home with a bad intestinal illness...which somehow landed in my right kidney...in the past two weeks I have only walked 7 miles and usually it's 24 a week!! I have 3 more days of antibiotic (second one) and hope to be back in a healthy form to tackle these last 45 pounds...I am sooo excited to see that number I have not seen in years!! Only 20 more pounds to get to my lowest I've been in 15 years!! So excited!!! Just need to get well...anyone else have antibiotics make them feel icky? They just tear my stomach up...running out to get some probiotics and hope they help.

I know I'm on an Asia team but not sure what I'm supposed to do ..so for all you Asians out there...I'm pulling for you!!!

hope you feel better soon! What a crummy way to end vacation...... :(

I am looking to really double down and get focused here on this. I really need a bigger weight loss week than what I've been doing and figure out what is going on. More gym time and definitely more walks/runs.

Sorry I'm posting this so late! My sinuses are killing me today and I was making chili this morning and trying to get my house cleaned up!

My goal for the week is to get back on the elliptical consistently and eat responsibly!

Goal #1 is to exercise three times this week. I did that today with a 4 mile hike near our cabin. It was raining and leaves were covering some of the trail. This made it hard when I was on some of the rockier parts. This is a new trail that I never hiked on before and I don't think I will do it again. I got a great workout especially on the hill parts, but the trail wasn't marked well and I was scared I was going to get lost! :scared:

Goal #2 is to drink 8 cups of water for the week.

Goal #3 journal what I eat.

Okay .... this is doable. I just need to DO IT!

Just got back from a very relaxing weekend at the beach. No matter what is going on just sitting and listening to the ocean really calms me down.

New grandbaby looks just like momma. DGS did not wan to leave the baby so we went to the beach without him so DH got to go to the casino and doubled his money. :cool1: I still got to go to the aquarium and got to go behind the scenes and do an octupus encounter. I really loved this and DH enjoyed it also.

Goals for this week:
Get back out and run/walk (asthma is better so this should happen)
4 days exercise (one done today with 3 mile beach hike)
Get running gear for wet weather

Hi everyone. It's been a while but I am back on track. I've started this past week keeping a food journal and exercising. I have been walking around neighborhood for 45 minutes each day.

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement. This is an amazing thread!

QOTD: Keep an accurate journal. Exercise four times this week

QOTD:

To get back on track! We had a fantastic weekend in Orlando - three nights at Portofino Bay at Universal and the Happy Haunted 5K at Disney. Loved the expo,loved the race. We're definitely hooked and will do the Princess one (5K) in February (and I may actually think about the half). But I could not stay in track with eating. I was up (way up) today. I need to figure out a better strategy for eating on the road as we travel a lot this time of year.

So the plan this week is to journal everything and stay way below my points. I'm also doing a 10K this weekend so I have two long runs planned for Tuesday and Thursday as well as major exercise every day. I know I can get back on track but I'm so bummed that I lost all willpower once we left home.

Disney Hokie Gal said:
I've missed so many of these, I'm not even going to try and catch up.

I'm right there with you. I started out behind and I'm not finding the time to catch up. Just moving forward.

1. Get in my morning walks plus add in extra exercise this week.
2. Try Zumba on the Wii.
3. Plan out menu for the week and grocery shop with the list
4. Find some time to try meditation.
5. Go to bed by 11 the latest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter