Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

QOTD: Sunday: What is your goal for the coming week?

Sorry I'm posting this so late! My sinuses are killing me today and I was making chili this morning and trying to get my house cleaned up!

My goal for the week is to get back on the elliptical consistently and eat responsibly!

Enjoy your Sunday! I'll try and get back on later today!

HI Everybody :wave2:
I'm Happy to be Back !
We had a great fun filled trip to Our Happy Place!
stayed at the VWL and BLT
spent most of our time at the MK and AK
and just
Loved MNNSHP. Pics and food report to follow including
Tips on staying on program on the quick service meal plan... Yes It can be done :thumbsup2

QOD Sunday
Get consistent with
walking plan and recording in my journal.

Hope you feel better Tigger :goodvibes

Have a Magical Day

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Thanks, Tracey, for coaching this week and thanks to Dona for coaching last week. :flower3:

I'm so far behind so I will just pick up here and carry on. :thumbsup2

Good morning!! I see our Kaiti had an amazing race!!
It is a cool morning here so everyone is slow moving. Trying to get everyone up for church and then to lunch for youngest's b-day.
And YES I decorate with disney for every holiday :). Drives my DH nuts
Brought home some cute Halloween ornaments from CA when I was there....could have went nuts!!

Thanks for letting us know about Kaiti's race, Jen. They do have so many wonderful Halloween decorations at DL! :cool2: Happy birthday to your "baby." ;)

Imhall2000, hope that you are feeling better very soon. :flower3:

Stay on track. Keep to my calorie limit and run 3 days with swimming on 2 days. That's it. Shouldn't be too hard but sometimes hard to do. :confused3

My goal is to exercise for 4 days this week. Last week was just one day and though I did well on the scale, I know that I need to get back to my 4 days. I'm supposed to do two short runs and one long run per week, then I do one day of Zumba on my Wii to make it 4 days. Last week-- I did the long run but nothing else. I worked late every day and just didn't have the energy. NOT working late this week, so no excuses.
1) 4 days of exercise
2) Track my water
3) Track food on etools and stick to my points.

I know it's hard to get those short runs in during the week -- I have the same problem. It really does make a difference in your running when you can do all 3. :flower3:

I've missed so many of these, I'm not even going to try and catch up.

Join the crowd! :thumbsup2

Busy day, Jill, and can I say I commend you for tolerating a drum playing kid! :thumbsup2

Hi Fran! :wave2: Nice to see you!

Indygirl99, glad that you were able to see your sweet little grandbabies! :love: The smoke does finally seem to be disappaiting here, too, and life is much better.

Hi everyone. It's been a while but I am back on track. I've started this past week keeping a food journal and exercising. I have been walking around neighborhood for 45 minutes each day.

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement. This is an amazing thread!

QOTD: Keep an accurate journal. Exercise four times this week

Great job and a great plan! :thumbsup2

MB, glad that you had a great week-end and a great race! princess:
I know your willpower is there somewhere! :goodvibes

I'm right there with you. I stated out behind and not finding the time to catch up. Just moving forward.

That is the best way! :goodvibes

teapot, so glad that you had a wonderful time! :cool2: And a big woo hoo :woohoo: for staying on track!

Six long or short (depending on how you look at it) weeks until the W&D half so time to be a little more diligent about staying on track and a little less willing to tread water.

Have a great day! :goodvibes

Happy October, and might I just add how quickly the weather is changing, up north it was freezing this morning, and my husband tells me we are in October really lol.....
This past week I was trying to lose a lot of weight I set my goal in the double digits and what happened, I know it was the cheating and tricking myself into into treats ....budum bum chee, well long story story ended up losing another two pounds. I really am going to stick to my guns and see if I can drop double digits this week. I really need to stay on schedule and loss this weight by December. So good luck for this week people and lets get health.
tigger813 said:

Sorry I'm posting this so late! My sinuses are killing me today and I was making chili this morning and trying to get my house cleaned up!

My goal for the week is to get back on the elliptical consistently and eat responsibly!

Enjoy your Sunday! I'll try and get back on later today!

After reading many of your entries for this QOTD, I will say I will keep a food journal for this week and see if it's what I am eating, definitely try to walk/ run/jog 7 miles this week, not all at once but throughout the week.

dsnyfan608 said:
Hi everyone. It's been a while but I am back on track. I've started this past week keeping a food journal and exercising. I have been walking around neighborhood for 45 minutes each day.

Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement. This is an amazing thread!

QOTD: Keep an accurate journal. Exercise four times this week

I am gonna steal your idea about a food journal,to to keep track of what I eat. Thanks!

disneymom2one said:
QOTD:

To get back on track! We had a fantastic weekend in Orlando - three nights at Portofino Bay at Universal and the Happy Haunted 5K at Disney. Loved the expo,loved the race. We're definitely hooked and will do the Princess one (5K) in February (and I may actually think about the half). But I could not stay in track with eating. I was up (way up) today. I need to figure out a better strategy for eating on the road as we travel a lot this time of year.

So the plan this week is to journal everything and stay way below my points. I'm also doing a 10K this weekend so I have two long runs planned for Tuesday and Thursday as well as major exercise every day. I know I can get back on track but I'm so bummed that I lost all willpower once we left home.

Congrats on running the race,chops you do a trip report, also don't be hard on yourself you were on vacation.;)
tea pot said:
HI Everybody :wave2:
I'm Happy to be Back !
We had a great fun filled trip to Our Happy Place!
stayed at the VWL and BLT
spent most of our time at the MK and AK
and just
Loved MNNSHP. Pics and food report to follow including
Tips on staying on program on the quick service meal plan... Yes It can be done :thumbsup2

QOD Sunday
Get consistent with
walking plan and recording in my journal.

Hope you feel better Tigger :goodvibes

Have a Magical Day

So jealous lol, I will definitely be reading your trip report, I will be going in December and want to stay on track at wdw, also I plan on taking my kids for the first time this time next year, I will be doing the TOT ten miler, as well as the kid races and MNSSHP.

lisah0711 said:
Good morning all! :goodvibes

Thanks, Tracey, for coaching this week and thanks to Dona for coaching last week. :flower3:

I'm so far behind so I will just pick up here and carry on. :thumbsup2

Stay on track. Keep to my calorie limit and run 3 days with swimming on 2 days. That's it. Shouldn't be too hard but sometimes hard to do. :confused3

I know it's hard to get those short runs in during the week -- I have the same problem. It really does make a difference in your running when you can do all 3. :flower3:

good luck with your goal, this week!

This past week I was trying to lose a lot of weight I set my goal in the double digits and what happened, I know it was the cheating and tricking myself into into treats ....budum bum chee, well long story story ended up losing another two pounds. I really am going to stick to my guns and see if I can drop double digits this week. I really need to stay on schedule and loss this weight by December. So good luck for this week people and lets get health.

Ally, a two pound loss is a great and a reason to celebrate! :cheer2: That is at the top of the suggested healthy range for sustainable, consistent losses. I know that you are feeling the pressure of what you want to do in December and would like the losses to be more but most of us are not going to see double digit losses in a week unless we are living at the Biggest Loser Ranch. :flower3:

I am also a little late to the party. My goal this week is to make it to the gym each afternoon after work. I have been slacking lately and only going once or twice a week. Going to the gym has two benefits, even if I have a crummy workout, I still feel good enough about myself that I dont want to snack or eat crap at night.

I'm only down .2 this week. Finances have been tight and I'm anticipating pay day. I need to sit down this weekend and make out a meal plan and grocery list. I haven't ever done a lot of "grocery" shopping at Family Dollar before but I think I'm going to start. No, obviously I can't get like produce or things like that but items such as toiletries, cans of soup, etc. I'm trying to cut costs and still trying to figure out how to go about it. I also want to check out the local farmers market for our produce. I just need to remember to actually do it.

I'm open to any suggestion on how to cut a grocery bill

Its raining here today so I think I'll get n my Wii for some cardio. I was going to do it last night but then upon turning the system on I realized the batteries were dead in both the remote AND the board, OYE!
If you can make foods from scratch or partially so, it can be so much cheaper. The biggest thing for us is meal planning. Taking an inventory of what we already have versus how many meals we need to make. Then just shopping for the necessary ingredients.
Things at our farmers markets can be super cheap or super expensive. And sometimes items are on their last legs and need to be eaten with a day or two. But overall, I'm quite happy with the farmers markets by us.
My other big tip I learned from the show Ten Dollar Dinners: freeze. There are so many foods that I didn't even think about freezing. Like ginger root, beans, etc.
Eat less meat, use more cheap proteins like legumes and eggs. Buy items in bulk and split with another family so you both save. Good luck! :)

1. 3 training runs (including 13 miles this weekend!)
2. Be mindful of too much sweet snacking
3. Shin splint exercise every day
4. Strength training/yoga 2x

OMG! I just realized I never posted a QOTD today! I have been cleaning since 7 this morning almost non-stop! I just finally sat down! PMS does this to me plus this house was a disaster! I still have our bedroom to do and the storage room and laundry room. May try and do that Wednesday before volunteering at Izzie's school.

Thanks for the get well wishes! My congestion is still making me crazy! I haven't felt like talking as it makes me cough. Had 99 for dinner tonight as it was a fundraiser for the 8th grade DC trip. Glad to support that. Ash will go next year!

OK, so here's a double dose of QOTD!

Monday QOTD: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

If it's cold I will be TIGGER! I would like to find a Minnie Mouse costume. I may look next week!

QOTD: Tuesday:What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

I just finished The Discovery of Witches last night. Next up on my Kindle Fire is The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer from Glee! I read the sample and really liked it. Izzie wants to read it too. She also read the sample. She will probably read it on Ash's kindle. I also got the sample for JK Rowling's new book. It has not had very good reviews so I'm so glad I can get samples first. I have several other books saved to read later. I also plan on reading the 2nd book in the Witches trilogy. It took me forever to read the first one but I really enjoyed it.

DH just got home from a work meeting. We're watching Warehouse 13! Love this show! DH will be visiting the set in 2 weeks at a SCYFY press event in Toronto! I'm so jealous! He met the star last year at the event and Brian said he was a riot! He hung out with him a lot at Universal and Halloween Horror Nights.

I need to get up and get some more iced tea and Mucinex! I only have one client tomorrow so I'll go in late. My co-worker is going to give me a pedicure when I go in. I hope to get my nails done sometime too!

TTFN :tigger:

I plan on working out 5 days this week.

QOTD: Book I'm reading: I'm not reading one right now.

QOTD: Dressing up for Halloween: I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years. If I had to choose though I'd probably say Belle. I've always wanted to dress up like her for Halloween ever since I was little.

Good morning friends! Sorry I haven't been around much. We spent the majority of the weekend in RI looking at colleges and then yesterday I had to get not one, but TWO tires fixed! After that it was groceries and food prep for the week, helping with homework, etc...and now I'm off to Bible study!

DD has a trial practice with a new swim team almost every night this week, so I don't see much of a break in my schedule. But if there is wifi anywhere, I will try to pop on and catch up here!

Missing the chats with you all and the QOTD! I've got about 10 more minutes here to answer a few questions and then I need to dash (I'm in the McD parking lot "borrowing" theatre free wifi).............P

Monday QOTD: What do you plan on being this year for Halloween? If you're not dressing up, what would you like to be?

QOTD: Tuesday:What book are you reading right now? If you aren't reading anything, what would you like to read?

Last time I dressed up it was because I was working at school the day of the Halloween parade. I wore my Mickey ears, my favorite Disney shirt, a few pins, and hung my camera around my neck and carried a park map and went as a Disney guest! Not a fan of Halloween, so I don't really have any costume wishes.

Books...hmmm...reading mostly my Bible study book right now...."Made to Crave". Also slowly reading the Steve Jobs biography.

I know my goals should be loftier, but for now I'd like to drop weight equivalent to last week's gain!:headache:

Hopefully BBL to chat!?........P

Not dressing up and not currently reading any books although I have several ready to dive into!

Weight is up again despite doing what I'm supposed to be doing! grrrr...... not going to let it upset me TOO much. I'm eating right, calories are within range, and I'm getting good exercise so for now, we'll just call it a shift and let it go. Hopefully my body will catch up eventually and I'll have a stellar week next week. :confused3

I will be dressing up as we have neighbor's who host a party every year. Haven't even given a thought to a costume though. It will be here before you know it. Thanks for this question to get me started thinking about a costume.

I'm reading The Game of Thrones. Love the show and so far they have stuck very close to the book. I want to read the third Fifty Shades of Grey. And yes I did read the first 2 - not sure I should admit that in public but oh well :-*

Have a happy and healthy Tuesday everyone.

I'm reading The Game of Thrones. Love the show and so far they have stuck very close to the book. I want to read the third Fifty Shades of Grey. And yes I did read the first 2 - not sure I should admit that in public but oh well :-*

Have a happy and healthy Tuesday everyone.

LOVE GoT! :) I have read part of them and listened to part of them on audiobook....the audiobooks are fantastic. Like listening to campfire tales narrated by a wonderful storyteller.

:blush: I admit...I did read the 50 Shades trilogy too. Hehe.

Also slowly reading the Steve Jobs biography.

I've got that queued up and ready to go!

I have no idea! We need a couples outfit, but I don't even know where to start this year. Last year, we were Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister...that was fun! I don't have a clue where to start for this year though. I suppose I need to figure that out!

As far as books go, I just ordered Gone Girl. I've heard good things about it, so hopefully it will not disappoint! I am also listening to A Dance with Dragons (5th Book in the Martin series A Song of Ice and Fire) on Audiobook. Love those!

OMG!

Not dressing up but if I were to I'd like to dress as snow white from Once Upon a time..

Book - War Brides on my Kindle..

Hope you're all having a great Tuesday I have a big Bday month! Today is my little sis's bday and tomorrow is my DS 16th Bday and my cousin (inlaw) bday is Thurs.. oh and then my Bday is next Wed the 10th and then the 26th is my Mother in law and her twin sis bday.. pixiedust:

I'm only down .2 this week. Finances have been tight and I'm anticipating pay day. I need to sit down this weekend and make out a meal plan and grocery list. I haven't ever done a lot of "grocery" shopping at Family Dollar before but I think I'm going to start. No, obviously I can't get like produce or things like that but items such as toiletries, cans of soup, etc. I'm trying to cut costs and still trying to figure out how to go about it. I also want to check out the local farmers market for our produce. I just need to remember to actually do it.

I'm open to any suggestion on how to cut a grocery bill

!

HI ! here is my strategy for keeping down my grocery bill.. I scour the sales flyers (we have one out on thurs and one out on sun for my local grocery stores) then I make my meal plan based on what is on sale. OR if I can I stock up on meat at my local Sam's club then plan my meals around the bulk meats I've bought. I find making a menu or meal plan is very HELPFUL. usually I have about a month to 6 weeks worth and tweak here and there again depending on the sales and rotate them accoring to season.. check out the Eat at Home 2! thread here for some ideas on what we all do to menu plan and not eat out as much.. Shop your farmers market long as you (we have a pretty short season up here in the North) Shop your local dollar store for some good finds (I just found some key Lime yoplait frozen granola bite things at mine -- DELISH !!) and as someone else said cook from scratch when you can... better for you and can be cheaper.. Good Luck You CAN do it! :cheer2:

lisah0711 said:
Ally, a two pound loss is a great and a reason to celebrate! :cheer2: That is at the top of the suggested healthy range for sustainable, consistent losses. I know that you are feeling the pressure of what you want to do in December and would like the losses to be more but most of us are not going to see double digit losses in a week unless we are living at the Biggest Loser Ranch. :flower3:

Thanks so much I really appreciate it, I would not be that upset at myself if I knew I give 100% but I know last week I have given myself a pass quite a few times. This week I plan at putting in 100 percent, I am counting my calories, looking at the fat content of the foods I eat. Also plan on a meal plan and sticking to it so I am not hungry with nothing to eat and chose junk. Also I am so lazy when it comes to getting up and out. It is extremely hard with the 3 month old and my 19 month old trying to take them on a walk, but I know if I just get up at six and leave them sleeping with my husband I can go out and run. I honestly need to stop the excuses and just do it....lol that's my new motto.....I vented there lol. But so far this two day good. Hope everyone is making an effort towards there goals. I need to do this for myself and no one else

tigger813 said:

I will be taking my baby's to sesame place spooktacular so they will be woody and buzz, I am thinking maybe Jesse or probably just put on my sparkly Minnie ears lol. I would love to be snow white, I am thinking she is becoming my favorite princess.

I have Jen Lancaster a pretty fat, that I wanted to read saw a YouTube video she is hilarious hope her book is as funny!

I have so many half finished books on my kindle.

I'll be dressing up in a skeleton / Dia de Los Muertos type of costume but more about my makeup than anything. My niece who is five loves skeletons / skulls. She loves princesses too- but she's not scared of anything!! She always wants my husband and I to go as Jack & Sally from Nightmare before Christmas but I think this is the closest I'll get for her.

I'm not reading but I have Mindy Kalings book on my iPod to listen to. I get tired of her after awhile though. She's funny but I can't run to her ;)

I am not sure I will dress up for the day of Halloween - probably just a themed shirt. But I plan to dress up as Minnie Mouse for the Wine & Dine race. :thumbsup2

I'm reading Train Like a Mother - it's the second book written by two mom runners. I love my Kindle, but I can't recommend getting anything with footnotes or a training plan style book on it. I really regret not buying this book in print form!

Here I am.... but with no time to chat! Dinner is literally 3 minutes away. We need to eat early tonight so that we can all head out to our evening activities on time.

What's on the menu for tonight, you ask?

Warm Asian Lettuce wraps.... and here is a link to the recipe!! (Post 99, complete with a photo!!)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447512&page=7

MMMM....I'm hungry!!

Hope everyone else had a delightful day. If there is any wi-fi at this venue, I'll try to pop on again tonight!...................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter