Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

I just thought I would take a second and wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I know everyone will be busy but try to enjoy the season.

cn81.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

It's 10:40 PM Christmas Eve and I still have presents to wrap! ugh At least it shouldn't take too long and then I can stuff the stockings and go to bed. Never mind that the kiddos will come home while I sleep. I forgot to check a box when the church schedule came around so now DS2 is helping with the 11 PM service. Never mind that he just sang/played flute for the 8 PM one! Fortunately DS1 is playing chauffeur so I can get stuff done! They better not peek at their stockings when they get home!

Just got the exercise challenge thread updated and caught up here! whew

Have a great day!

Loved this Lisa!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. :)

I will be back in a few days to get things started for the New Year!!!

Are you excited? I am excited. I have been slowly watching my weight creep up/ then maintain/ then creep up some more over the last couple of months. It's not bad yet, but it's not good either. So time to get real and set some realistic goals!

Have a wonderful day!

Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends! Hope today brings you peace, love, and happiness! :santa:

I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow to chat!..........P

Ugh, I'm stuffed!! LOL
DH made scotch eggs for breakfast/lunch. YUCK!
I made pancakes and sausage.

Tonight DH is making Shepards pie.

Tomorrow I start with good for you food.
Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow?

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, whenever/if you celebrate!

Will try to check in tomorrow...I have no idea what I've been doing. LOL

Morning all! I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!

Our day was wonderful. Not quite as relaxing as I hoped, as my Dad went out to the garage to see my new snow tires and discovered I had a flat:headache.

I am here at the gym. Not feeling up to a run (sour stomach after yesterday's indulgences), but I can at least walk! I will be hitting the TM and maybe the tread climber.good way to start fresh after yesterday's sweets!

Snow storm expected here starting tonight. That may mean that we leave for my folks tonight instead of tomorrow afternoon. We are celebrating Christmas with my brother and his family at my Mom's on Friday and getting together with my cousins on Saturday. Then we will head home again Sunday morning. We haven't been home for New Years in ages.

Time to hit the gym:rolleyes1 TTYL...........P

Happy Boxing Day to all! :santa:

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It's that time of year where we all start to think of New Year's Resolutions. I'm not a big fan myself because they seem to set you up for failure. But this article appeared in my inbox today from sparkpeople.com and it has some good ideas to ponder.

Set Positive Resolutions for Positive Results

Every year, thousands of people set New Year’s resolutions to stop doing things: Stop eating fried foods. Stop watching TV. Stop drinking so much beer. But, really, how long do they stick? When your resolutions aren’t enjoyable and only focus on what you can’t do (diet is a four-letter word, after all), they might not last very long at all.

But don’t let that stop you from changing your life! Instead of making negative resolutions that probably won’t stick, commit to making positive and uplifting changes that will improve your life immediately—changes that you’ll want to make! Read on for seven resolutions that are guaranteed to inspire success and help you to be your best self!

1. Renew a childhood passion.
2. Get organized.
3. Learn to play an instrument.
4. Learn to say no.
5. Take up a new sport.
6. Volunteer for a cause.
7. Dream often.

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1289

Have a great day all!

Snow storm expected here starting tonight. That may mean that we leave for my folks tonight instead of tomorrow afternoon. We are celebrating Christmas with my brother and his family at my Mom's on Friday and getting together with my cousins on Saturday. Then we will head home again Sunday morning. We haven't been home for New Years in ages.

Time to hit the gym:rolleyes1 TTYL...........P

Safe travels, Pamela! :flower3:

Happy Boxing Day to all! :santa:

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It's that time of year where we all start to think of New Year's Resolutions. I'm not a big fan myself because they seem to set you up for failure. But this article appeared in my inbox today from sparkpeople.com and it has some good ideas to ponder.

Set Positive Resolutions for Positive Results

Every year, thousands of people set New Year’s resolutions to stop doing things: Stop eating fried foods. Stop watching TV. Stop drinking so much beer. But, really, how long do they stick? When your resolutions aren’t enjoyable and only focus on what you can’t do (diet is a four-letter word, after all), they might not last very long at all.

But don’t let that stop you from changing your life! Instead of making negative resolutions that probably won’t stick, commit to making positive and uplifting changes that will improve your life immediately—changes that you’ll want to make! Read on for seven resolutions that are guaranteed to inspire success and help you to be your best self!

1. Renew a childhood passion.
2. Get organized.
3. Learn to play an instrument.
4. Learn to say no.
5. Take up a new sport.
6. Volunteer for a cause.
7. Dream often.

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1289

Have a great day all!

That is great. I've always thought how lousy it was that NY resolutions always concentrated on what we can't /shouldn't do, rather than being a positive affirmation of what we can/should do to make our lives the very best.

Safe travels, Pamela! :flower3:

Thanks. I will continue to check the hourly forecasts into this afternoon before I make a decision about when we are leaving.

It was really hard to get on that TM this morning! I wanted to sit here and nurse my sour stomach and drag out the Christmas laziness one more day...but I'm so glad I did it! I did a fast 45 minute walk and some stretching and I KNOW it will put me on track for a great OP day, despite the leftover goodies in the house.

DD is out of the pool (3 hour practice!), so I'll say bye-bye for now!........P

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were okay-the usual drama. If my relatives were better about following my mother's and grandmother's directions, things would go so much more smoothly. My mom says I should expect that to happen, but I guess I think that will be part of the "magic." Oh well. My big gift from my parents was a new GPS. Very happy! They also wrapped up the clothes I picked out (and tried on) when my sister and I went shopping a few weeks ago. They paid for them and they wanted me to have as much to unwrap as my sister and BIL. I roll with it.

My stocking stuffers (aka CVS/couponing almost freebies) were a huge hit. My sister and BIL are well supplied with body wash and shampoo/conditioner. I put them in reusable bags with Disney characters on them-so much easier and environmentally friendlier than wrapping each one. My mom and I also got a stash of the same stuff for ourselves. My dad got less in his stocking (he's a soap and 79 cent a bottle shampoo kind of guy), but thanks to some Staples coupons, he got some freebies that are more his thing. Overall, my couponing skills produced such a huge pile of stuff that my mom cracked up laughing when she saw it. I guess she hadn't snooped in the basement as much as I thought. :rotfl2:

Tomorrow I am getting on the scale to find out where I am. I ate well today, but Christmas Eve and Christmas day involved multiple multi-course meals. If the snow turns into rain as the weather report says it will, I will go to the gym tomorrow and hit the recumbent bike. I haven't been to the gym in weeks between my work schedule, multiple allergy testing sessions, a very heavy TOM (long, TMI story), low blood sugar readings, and the usual nights when I already had plans.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm making it a priority to check in here more often.

:wave2: Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I haven't been chatting lately. Just got caught up with other things. Hoping all of you and your families are doing well.

I was looking for a January weight-loss thread (of course I am starting again ;) ). I am up 7 pounds .... BLAH! I think just getting back to posting here with all of you is such a big, big help. So .... I will be looking forward to reconnecting with all of you. :)

Wishing you a Happy ... upcoming ... New Year!

Pamela, safe travels! Looks like there was lot of snow in your neck of the woods. :goodvibes

CC, families have a tendency to revert back to their childhood roles when they get together, which means there is no way anyone is going to do what they are told. :rotfl: Sounds like you had a great Christmas and quite the shopping coup at CVS. :santa: Good to figure out where you are so you can make a plan, as pjlla would say.

Mary•Poppins;46998458 said:
:wave2: Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I haven't been chatting lately. Just got caught up with other things. Hoping all of you and your families are doing well.

I was looking for a January weight-loss thread (of course I am starting again ;) ). I am up 7 pounds .... BLAH! I think just getting back to posting here with all of you is such a big, big help. So .... I will be looking forward to reconnecting with all of you. :)

Wishing you a Happy ... upcoming ... New Year!

Hi Fran! :wave2: Nice to see you! :flower3: I believe that Rose will be starting the new January WISH Away the Pounds thread in the next couple of days. It will be in a form similar to the monthly exercise thread.

But we will still be chatting away here for a few more days. :goodvibes

Continuing on my resolution theme this week here is a link to a calendar from sparkpeople.com called 31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calendar_2007-01.pdf There aren't any new or earth shattering ideas here but just a good collection of things in one place to remind ourselves as we start another year: don't expect perfection; make realistic goals; practice saying, thinking and writing positive things; celebrate milestones; make yourself a priority; everything is a choice.

I managed to lose 8 pounds in December. Don't get too excited -- there were old pounds that had somehow "found" their way back. I think I've left 'em behind for good now. ::yes:: I'm hoping for at least 2 more pounds before I leave for WDW on 1/9. I'm really looking forward to the big WISH meet and running the Donald. I will spend the first part of the year really concentrating on my weight loss and then ramping up for the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland in September -- a 10k one day, the Disneyland Half the next and three medals. :dumbo: That should keep me on the straight and narrow.

Every year I've been on WISH I've ended the year weighing less than I started and feel so much stronger and more comfortable with myself, not to mention doing things I've never dreamed I could do. :hippie:

Love it Lisa! Exactly what I needed this morning!

About a month ago, I bought myself a FitBit. I bought the $100 one that also tracks sleep. I really wanted it for that reason, but I am loving the pedometer features. It tracks the percentage of my day that I'm at varying active levels. I also love how it recalculates how much I should eat each day based on how active I am. Where I work has multiple buildings, and when I walk from one to another, I burn so many more calories than I thought. It connects to my computer like a wireless mouse and then I log in to its website to track food, exercise, weight, and so much more. For Christmas, my parents are paying for the enhanced website features. I'm about to make that purchase.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm trying to get an appt with my nutritionist to make a game plan. I am up a bit from before Christmas, but overall, I have at least 50 pounds to lose. 50 would put me at the top of a healthy weight range, but I will reassess then. I know that I felt really good when I was 10+ pounds less than that. That was also at age 17, so I need to remember that. :)

CC

UGH, I hate being sick.
I am eating anything and everything just because I want to taste something besides cardboard.
Not the way I wanted to start the new year. I hope to shake this thing before Jan 1.

Pamela, safe travels! Looks like there was lot of snow in your neck of the woods. :goodvibes

CC, families have a tendency to revert back to their childhood roles when they get together, which means there is no way anyone is going to do what they are told. :rotfl: Sounds like you had a great Christmas and quite the shopping coup at CVS. :santa: Good to figure out where you are so you can make a plan, as pjlla would say.

Hi Fran! :wave2: Nice to see you! :flower3: I believe that Rose will be starting the new January WISH Away the Pounds thread in the next couple of days. It will be in a form similar to the monthly exercise thread.

But we will still be chatting away here for a few more days. :goodvibes

Continuing on my resolution theme this week here is a link to a calendar from sparkpeople.com called 31 Days to Unbreakable Resolutions http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calendar_2007-01.pdf There aren't any new or earth shattering ideas here but just a good collection of things in one place to remind ourselves as we start another year: don't expect perfection; make realistic goals; practice saying, thinking and writing positive things; celebrate milestones; make yourself a priority; everything is a choice.

I managed to lose 8 pounds in December. Don't get too excited -- there were old pounds that had somehow "found" their way back. I think I've left 'em behind for good now. ::yes:: I'm hoping for at least 2 more pounds before I leave for WDW on 1/9. I'm really looking forward to the big WISH meet and running the Donald. I will spend the first part of the year really concentrating on my weight loss and then ramping up for the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland in September -- a 10k one day, the Disneyland Half the next and three medals. :dumbo: That should keep me on the straight and narrow.

Every year I've been on WISH I've ended the year weighing less than I started and feel so much stronger and more comfortable with myself, not to mention doing things I've never dreamed I could do. :hippie:

Hey Lisa .... that is awesome about your yearly weight loss! Keep up the great work.

Also, I love your goals for the new year with running. I got out of my routine for running and I am really missing it. Planning on getting back into it shortly.

I will look for Rose&Mike's New Year's Thread. Thanks for the information. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter