Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by pjlla, Nov 25, 2012.

1. jillbur

jillbur DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays.

Sorry I've missed the last few days, I was STILL getting over being sick :( I felt terrible on Christmas Eve and day. I finally went to an Urgent care place the day after Christmas (before we got 10 inches of snow in about 12 hours) and got an antibiotic for a sinus infection. I finally feel better today (after originally getting sick last Friday). Hopefully, I can enjoy our last few days of vacation, although I have to catch up on housework and grocery shopping. :( :( That required a double frownie!

I see the new thread is up, so I am going to head over there and check it out.

Jill

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. princessbride6205

princessbride6205 DIS Veteran

I have a FitBit too! I had one a few years ago when they were brand new but I lost it when traveling. My parents gave me a new one this Christmas. We all enjoy a little friendly competition with how many steps we get each day.

Sounds like you've got a great plan with your weight loss goals. It's always good to reassess. In some ways getting down to a younger weight can be unrealistic. For me, it was more accepting that I can get down to that weight but I certainly won't look the same! I was way more muscular in high school, so even though I'm only a few pounds heavier right now than I was as a teen, I'm much more lumpy. :laughing:

Congrats on your 8 pounds! Even if it was old weight - it's always nice to be closer to goal! Will you get 4 medals including the Coast to Coast? I so wish we could do that one - it's always a crazy week with back to school and a show opening at work.

Thanks! I will be over to check it out!

Jill & Buffy - sorry to hear you were sick over Christmas - hope you're both feeling better!

As for me, there were a few days over Christmas of eating, drinking, and almost zero physical activity. Feeling so chunky!!
    Now that there are only 2 weeks(!) until the marathon, I am trying to have a laser-focus on that. Do everything nutrition and fitness-wise that I need to.
    I did my 20-miler on the Sunday right before Christmas. It went really well, except my knee was done at mile 18. I finished slowly and hurting. But I'm glad I had the MRI back in November because I know I'm not damaging anything in my knee further. It's just pain! :rotfl: For the marathon I will use more KT tape and make sure I fuel a little more, since tired muscles make it worse. And just push through it honestly.
    And while I fully understand that marathon training and losing weight are sometimes at odds, it's still strange to me that I can run 20 miles and still gain weight with a few Christmas cookies! :laughing:

4. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Mods..... I think we are done here, so feel free to lock us down! Thanks.........P