• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Biggest Loser 2009 - Couples 2

momrek06

DIS Veteran
:woohoo: BIGGEST LOSER - COUPLES 2, SEASON PREMIER, JANUARY 6, 2009, NBC!:woohoo:

Season 7

The Biggest Loser: Couples 2 January 6, 2009

NBC has announced that there will be a second couples edition, which is set to air on Tuesday, January 6th, 2009.

22 contestants (11 teams of 2) will be competing on the ranch this season, the most in Biggest Loser history, as Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper return as the trainers, and Alison Sweeney returns as the host for her fourth season.

There will also be several records broken as this season includes the heaviest person in American Biggest Loser history, at 19 years old and 454 lbs, the biggest woman ever, at 379 lbs, the youngest contestant ever at 18 years old, and the oldest contestant ever to hit the ranch, at 63 years old.

:cheer2: Everyone join in!!! :cheer2:

I'm excited! Based on the preview, the trainers have their hands full with this group. It is the biggest group ever, and those types of habits are hard to change. Bob was screaming his head off in the preview- I don't think I've ever seen him lose his cool like that. I didn't think there was anything that could make him yell like that!

Did anybody else notice the "oldest man" collapse?! I thought I heard the words "he's not breathing". That doesn't bode well for that man. I hope that whatever happened he is okay. It seems like he is even worse off than Jerry was.

Thanks for starting a new thread. Despite the too much game playing this year, I'm looking forward to rooting for weight loss.

I am not sure I like all that screaming and yelling. Is that really the best way to motivate people?

hope the new season is better than the last! this past season was blah! although i am glad michelle won the whole thing. so here's looking forward to the new season jan 6:cool1:

That poor 19yo kid!!!:sad2:

So did anyone ever explain the reason it was 2 hrs? I am assuming that this will be 2 hrs as well.

I've been saying for years that someday they're going to kill somebody ... looks like they get really close next season!

Yay! DH and I love this show. If we were contestants (thankfully don't need to be...YET), I would prefer Jillian ridin' my behind and shrieking at me to push harder and Dh would rather have Bob. But after seeing the previews of Bob having a meltdown, he's not so sure!

That poor 19yo kid!!!:sad2:

So did anyone ever explain the reason it was 2 hrs? I am assuming that this will be 2 hrs as well.

my guess is that it is cheaper to put 2 hours of reality on the tube then it is to put on a scripted show.

I felt so bad for the young man and the one who collapsed...and that's just in previews!:rotfl:

My household said that we hoped Bob learned his lesson when letting the game players and manipulators get their way this past season and will actually work on getting his "team" healthy and not worry about the game.

SEASON 6 DisBoard Posters....I hope they all come on over!!! :dance3:

Total Posts: 779

The Mystery Machine 74
momrek06 50
babytrees 33
LucyDingo 32
Kae 30
Ohiodislover 30
DVCisME 26
NAB 26
disneychick0412 23
dispor 21
JaneJetson 21
NC State 20
CajunDixie 18
Realgrumpy 17
brockash 16
KAMLEM 15
DLSuperVet 15
NewCrew42 13
wilderness01 13
MUFFYCAT 12
DL55 12
cepmom 12
Eeyores Butterfly 11
sorul82? 10
Amy&Dan 8
of the seas 7
ClarabelleCowFan 7
dbogen 6
tinabheart 6
SamIAm21 6
disney1990 6
sorcerormickey 5
Quiksilvr 5
Disneyland1084 5
Allison 4
ChrisAlli 4
donnajon 4
legalsea 4
tevagirl 4
Tasha+Scott 4
FuzzySulley 4
disneynut14 4
Jennasis 3
dare2dream 3
Quest4fun 3
Guy Incognito 3
Rock'n Robin 3
Jillpie 3
Cinderumbrella 3
ekball 3
YorkieMommyKandis 3
nuke 3
dzneelvr 3
Carpenters 3
WDWLVR 2
Julylady 2
Darth Cupcake 2
lulubelle 2
Kristi1357 2
Ride Junkie 2
luvmy2sams 2
momof2minnies 2
MelanieC 2
spb999 2
megthewonderful 2
piglet too 2
cheerful chickadee 2
maslex 2
JBurke 2
mum4jenn 2
LadyyRedd 2
acename 2
mom2disprincesses 2
DwarfMaster 1
NY Disney fan 1
Disney Darling 1
jamesmommy 1
RhondaL 1
MAKmom 1
SpecialK 1
crzykid 1
athenna 1
DonaldDuckFamily 1
mldjay 1
suzannews 1
Straitlover 1
OKW93 1
FatElvis 1
MyManGoofy! 1
sdarwkcabemanmy 1
sassyangel 1
MaryJ 1
cruisnfamily 1
aprilvaca04 1
mickyzzzzz05 1
arielsleepingbeauty 1
DLR29 1
burberryplaid 1
kendallinn 1
Keli 1
torismom 1
dhcoffey 1
luvmyfam444 1
Sabrina90744 1
ChillyWilleys 1
lsyorke 1
Catrin 1
tae1218 1
jackemail 1
lonelydreamer 1
Lifelong_Dreamer 1
BelleOfTheBall76 1
Goofyzgurl 1
Tine731 1
fraggle551 1
marypoppinswannabe 1
samwright23 1
PRINCESS VIJA 1
WDWFAN9 1
Piglet4Ever 1
sandy6879 1
lucy_love 1

This will be my first time watching this show- I know 2 people who will be on it! I'm very excited. :goodvibes

I am not sure I like all that screaming and yelling. Is that really the best way to motivate people?

I think it depends on the person. I'd choose Bob in a heartbeat because I like his approach to the contestants; whereas, my husband thinks he is too soft and that Jillian would be the better trainer for him.

Whatever happened to Kim? I think I would work well with her, but Jillian is my 2nd choice. Heck, who am I kidding? I would take any for the chance to be on the show.

This will be my first time watching this show- I know 2 people who will be on it! I'm very excited. :goodvibes

Anything that you can tell us?

I love this show, and my viewing partner is actually my DS 9. He really wants his dad (my DH) to go on it and lose weight. Last night he actually cried when the doctor told Jerry how much better his health is. He told his dad "I want you to lose weight so you will be able to live close to forever."

I'm in! DH and I love to watch the show but it does nothing to motivate us to work out. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter