BIG change to FP+ today

I made my FP+ for that day on the day the window opened and because it is arrival day and a half day I don't have a lot to work around so I haven't tweaked them. I don't think I had any problems, but that was weeks ago. I was looking to tweak my friend's choices which is how I found out about the new rules.

Right now my FP+ times say this: Error:We're sorry. There was an issue locating your FastPass+ arrival window times.
Please try again later or call (407) 939-4357 for assistance.

Glorious.

Oh that's not good. I'm afraid to even go in to check mine. :scared:

I also made mine the day the window opened and it's also our arrival day but I was hoping to do Future World between 12-5ish and then World Showcase after that but of course the best times Disney could give me where 11-12, 3-4 and 7-8 or super early in the morning :confused3

That was the biggest shock in the tier news. We actually wouldn't be able to book a Maelstrom FP. :rotfl2:

I'm guessing a lot of people were booking it as their third FP+ because Mission Space is not that popular, especially among families with little ones, and they had to have three. It would be our third because my kids are strangely fond of it and we always end up there at the busiest time of day.

Yeah I'm sitting here wondering what we're going to pick if this sticks in Jan. I don't want 3 if I can't get TT and Soarin'. We'll get Mission Space even though only half of our party will ride, but no idea what we'll pick 3rd. It probably won't end up being used.

This is the message I've been getting :
Something's gone wrong behind the scenes! The information related to your Notifications is currently unavailable. We are working to make it available again as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.
One of my MK selections disappeared without me doing anything to it. In it's place is a repeat of BTMRR, which I already had:rolleyes1. I can't remember what was there that disappeared.. I think it was Splash. I don't think it has anything to do with todays announcement. I think it's just another glitch.

I just checked my EPCOT FP's for Nov 7 on MDE and everything is still a go...so far. Personally, my FP choices will not make or break my Disney trip. I think folks should just take a deep breath in order to get their panties untwisted. Wedgies are so bothersome.

All on site resorts are now online. Swan and dolphin are up next. Not a test in my book, but a rollout. Semantics.

And I don't like testing on my vacation that I shell out lots of money for. So while we don't know what the permanent result will be, I don't honestly care. I only care what it will look like when I visit. Which right now, is not looking so pretty.

Yep, sums up my feelings.

I actually don't think it is a downgrade for everyone - those staying offsite or whatever that had no access to FP+ this is a benefit to them.

That is assuming that part of the FP+ pool is going back to traditional FP, and I think we got confirmation earlier in this thread that it's NOT that case...that this will free up FP+ availability for people who already have access to FP+. I see this as entirely neutral to those who don't have access to FP+. They still have the same limited availability to traditional FP as everyone does.

All on site resorts are now online. Swan and dolphin are up next. Not a test in my book, but a rollout. Semantics.

And I don't like testing on my vacation that I shell out lots of money for. So while we don't know what the permanent result will be, I don't honestly care. I only care what it will look like when I visit. Which right now, is not looking so pretty.

It's not a rollout. Those of us arriving January 6 or after are not even able to customize our Magic Bands.

It's not a rollout. Those of us arriving January 6 or after are not even able to customize our Magic Bands.

I'm not sure why not being able to customize magicbands more than 60 days out disqualifies it from being a rollout? :confused3

Oh that's not good. I'm afraid to even go in to check mine. :scared:

I also made mine the day the window opened and it's also our arrival day but I was hoping to do Future World between 12-5ish and then World Showcase after that but of course the best times Disney could give me where 11-12, 3-4 and 7-8 or super early in the morning :confused3

That stinks, I think I must have tweaked them that day, or I got really lucky, not sure. My times are supposed to be:

Soarin'® 3:15 - 4:15 pm
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® 4:15 - 5:15 pm
Maelstrom 5:15 - 6:15 pm

Who knows if they will be there tomorrow. Our flight gets in just before noon so I assume I will be able to get to Soarin by 4pm. I'm so excited I can't get anything done around here. :banana:

Because the 60 day rule is supposed to be for FP+, and not to customize colors?

You are correct...but they don't say how far out you can customize at all. They could make it 15 days if they wanted. Or 10.

They are opening it up in waves.

Today is our 60 days out. So far no problems with customized MBs. We are only able to choose either Soarin or Test Track, per day, as OP stated. Bummed, but not ready to cancel ...we also do RD almost everyday. Did have to try multiple times to get all 4 of us the same FP+ at the same time.

Did have to try multiple times to get all 4 of us the same FP+ at the same time.

Why? Don't you select all of you at once when you are booking them? Also, you can copy the FP choices over once one person's is correct.

Why? Don't you select all of you at once when you are booking them? Also, you can copy the FP choices over once one person's is correct.

If there isn't enough availability at a given time, the time choices won't copy over. They'll either give some people different times or even different attractions. It happened with me a couple of times last week. The one I remember specifically is ETWB, but happened with a couple other attractions as well. We ended up with overlapping spots, but the window for me was 10:25-11:25 and the window for everyone else was 10:00-11:00. When I tried to copy over (both ways...mine to my husband's, my husband's to mine), I got a message that there wasn't enough space at the requested time. So I finally just left it alone since we had an overlapping window.

but am shocked at the rollout.

Without getting too deep for those who don't have experience in this, Disney knows exactly, down to the task-level, what functionality they expect, when it will be delivered, when it will be tested, and who it will affect. They have to since I would seriously doubt they are doing the majority of the development.

Contrary to popular belief, Very few (if any) major companies do their own software development anymore- it's too expensive to keep large numbers of developers on staff unless that is 60%+ of your business model. Accenture, EDS, Infosys (mostly India-based), etc., contract to the Fortune 500 to provide that- meaning there are incredibly detailed contracts in place with very specific change control/order methodology.

this is professionally unacceptable. Information is key and would stem all of the speculation- both for and against.

DH is a software engineer with just over 20 years in the field and a master's degree in the same. He has also said there is no way Disney is doing this in house - he says India - and that that is a major part of the problem. If you are not experienced in what you are coding for, you are going to have problems getting it right. In order to create banking systems, he had to become a teller; in order to set up a distribution app, he had to go on deliveries, etc. He had to learn what the actual users needed and did in their day-to-day.

We don't mind testing new software or new hardware because you can erase/reset the software and many times return the hardware - you cannot redo a very expensive vacation.

But what about the one time visitors to Disney who didn't even know that had these choices to make?

ITA it has everything to do with evening the playing field... along with making money. LOL

This new system certainly won't help these guest! How are they going to be anymore in the know that they currently are? I would say they would be in worst shape. With the paper FPs, if you didn't have any idea what it was all about the first day you stepped into the park, you could learn all about it on that first day and then the next morning you would be on the same page as every other guest that stepped through the gate that day.

With FP+, if they didn't have any idea what it was all about the first day you stepped into the park, you could still learn all about it on that first day BUT all those in the know had a 60 day jump on you so the FP+s for headliners may be few and far between.

How does this new system level the playing field for those that aren't in the know when they get to Disney their first day??

Still wondering why someone who is traveling in Nov/Dec hadn't called to get the "party line" answer from Disney. We just got back and have no further trip scheduled or I would!

It certainly may not yield super helpful info but am wondering what the CMs say.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter