BIG change to FP+ today

Epcot and DHS were the parks that were having FP problems. People were reporting late return FP times even at opening for Soarin and Toy Story. These 2 parks do not have enough FP worthy attractions to support the new FP+ system. I bet they make this change next at DHS. It would be nice if Disney would realize how very much these 2 parks need some love!!

Valid point, for November. But I'm not sure how it will affect Dec.

I finally got to read page 12, yay! I agree, it will probably help to free up December, most normal people haven't been invited to FP+ yet so all the slots won't be gone yet.

BTW, so embarrassed by my typo in the post you replied to, I wrote their instead of there :scared1:

~LOL, just read the first post. But this is still in testing, and even if the system did not allow both for Soarin' and Test Track, I would ride Soarin standby and FP+ Test Track. Done. :rotfl2: No way would I break out panic and cancel my vacation over this. :rotfl2:

But, nobody has said anything about canceling their reservations over this? Have they? (oh, I guess you didn't read the thread. It's not mass panic or anything like that.)

Can someone post an official disney sponsored link that says that the paper fast passes will be going away? I've only heard about it on here. And the 3 or 4 different CMs that I've talked with over the last few months have all told me that FPP is supposed to enhance the FP feature, not replace it. While CMs have been known to be wrong, all of them have given me the same information.

~LOL, just read the first post. But this is still in testing, and even if the system did not allow both for Soarin' and Test Track, I would ride Soarin standby and FP+ Test Track. Done. :rotfl2: No way would I break out panic and cancel my vacation over this. :rotfl2:

~I *love* FP+ & Magic Bands -- it is *fabulous* (for us)! and I can't wait to use it again next year. :cool1: OMG, if I didn't love it, I would cancel our vacation and find something better to do with my time by focusing on something that I love. I don't get the whole Disney is destroying my life thing, lol. :lmao:

~ETA: Unsubscribed....

Who is panicking and threatening to cancel vacations over this? I'm the OP and I simply reported the change. There was no drama nor was there any hand-wringing going on in the first post. No one said Disney is destroying our lives. Reading is fundamental.

BTW, why would anyone care if you unsubscribed from this thread? I started it and I'm not even subscribed to it.

~I *love* FP+ & Magic Bands -- it is *fabulous* (for us)! and I can't wait to use it again next year. :cool1: OMG, if I didn't love it, I would cancel our vacation and find something better to do with my time by focusing on something that I love. I don't get the whole Disney is destroying my life thing, lol. :lmao:

~ETA: Unsubscribed....

You may want to throttle back on the sugar and caffeine :) I don't think anyone said this is ruining their lives. They are just a little apprehensive about where this is going.
You loved it, great, but like you said they are just testing so maybe everything you love about it won't be in the final version.
Disney does not care about you, just how much money you have in your wallet or your purse and are willing to give to them. Not saying they are different than any other major corporation.

hey, Bayou....go back and read page 20 and you will get what we were talking about earlier. ;)

I am glad we made our choices before this change. Praying they don't decide to change our selections, being we have both for all Epcot days.

Can someone post an official disney sponsored link that says that the paper fast passes will be going away? I've only heard about it on here. And the 3 or 4 different CMs that I've talked with over the last few months have all told me that FPP is supposed to enhance the FP feature, not replace it. While CMs have been known to be wrong, all of them have given me the same information.

This is the e-mail I received directly from Disney... (I stared out the names)

Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. Over the next
several months, we will be rolling out MyMagic®+, including MagicBand®s
and FastPass®+, to all guests to provide more opportunities for guests
to personalize their visit.

As we continue in our test and adjust phase of these new products,
MyMagic®+ is a completely optional program. Guests who choose not to
participate in MyMagic®+ will still receive a Key to the World card upon
check-in at their resort that will continue to work with our legacy
FASTPASS® kiosks in our Theme Parks. At this time we have not received
notice that this status will change once the test phase has ended.
Guests with My Disney Experience accounts are not required to use
MagicBand®s or FastPass®+.

Should you have any concerns regarding guest privacy as it relates to
MyMagic®+, please refer to the following link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/privacy-policy/

We look forward to your visit with us next year, and we hope you enjoy
your stay with us!

If you have questions or need further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.

Sincerely,

C*** P******
WDW Online Communications

hey, Bayou....go back and read page 20 and you will get what we were talking about earlier. ;)

If he can see pink in his browser!

You guys should just not reply to that. I rarely spend any time reading the pink letters because they always make my eyes bleed, but I caught "just read the first post" at the beginning and "unsubscribed" at the end, indicating that the poster dropped in to give an inflamed opinion of the first post and indicated they won't be back to read responses. A troll writing in pink is still a troll.

You guys should just not reply to that. I rarely spend any time reading the pink letters because they always make my eyes bleed, but I caught "just read the first post" at the beginning and "unsubscribed" at the end, indicating that the poster dropped in to give an inflamed opinion of the first post and indicated they won't be back to read responses. A troll writing in pink is still a troll.

But I have found that "unsubscribed" doesn't always mean "unsubscribed".

If is stays as just an enhancement I think it will be wonderful, tiers and all. I think the whole thing about FP- going away is semi-confirmed, but the confusion comes about because of definitions. Yes, the paper FP- is going away eventually, but I think it will still work the same way, it will just be electronic. KWIM? IOW, you will still be able to pull FPs the day of as your windows open, but they will all reside in cyberspace. The feature of prebooking the FP+ will only be for onsite guests (maybe AP too), but everyone will be using FP+ the day of eventually.

That is entirely my own speculation before anyone asks.

Here's some weirdness....When I made FP+ for Dec. 5th I wanted Soarin, TT, and Maelstrom. Ended up with TT, Soarin, Soarin. Tried to trade Maelstrom for a Soarin knowing the "3 different attractions" rule in place at that time. Glitchy system would not allow me. Tried to fix it with two different IT people on two different days. No dice. So my screenshot currently has that FP+ line up. That is vastly different from what I could arrange today!

Epcot and DHS were the parks that were having FP problems. People were reporting late return FP times even at opening for Soarin and Toy Story. These 2 parks do not have enough FP worthy attractions to support the new FP+ system. I bet they make this change next at DHS. It would be nice if Disney would realize how very much these 2 parks need some love!!

Yup. This. Bet that's why they're messing with the FP+ seating at Fantasmic too. Since there are only a few rides at DHS worth reserving a FP+ for, and only one good show (Fantasmic), they must be getting overwhelming numbers of FP+ reservations for it.

If is stays as just an enhancement I think it will be wonderful, tiers and all. I think the whole thing about FP- going away is semi-confirmed, but the confusion comes about because of definitions. Yes, the paper FP- is going away eventually, but I think it will still work the same way, it will just be electronic. KWIM? IOW, you will still be able to pull FPs the day of as your windows open, but they will all reside in cyberspace. The feature of prebooking the FP+ will only be for onsite guests (maybe AP too), but everyone will be using FP+ the day of eventually.

According to Disney there is no plan to take away FP- (per the e-mail I received from them a few posts back)

I agree. I believe the legacy FP machines will go away and be replaced by too few interactive kiosks. I always figured touring without a smartphone would be ill-advised, but if they stick with this plan of not letting offsite guests use the app, the kiosks will be even busier. And based on how I do at the grocery store, I'm sure I would be in line behind every large multi-generational group discussing which ride to get at which time. :faint:

This is the e-mail I received directly from Disney... (I stared out the names)

Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. Over the next
several months, we will be rolling out MyMagic®+, including MagicBand®s
and FastPass®+, to all guests to provide more opportunities for guests
to personalize their visit.

As we continue in our test and adjust phase of these new products,
MyMagic®+ is a completely optional program. Guests who choose not to
participate in MyMagic®+ will still receive a Key to the World card upon
check-in at their resort that will continue to work with our legacy
FASTPASS® kiosks in our Theme Parks. At this time we have not received
notice that this status will change once the test phase has ended.
Guests with My Disney Experience accounts are not required to use
MagicBand®s or FastPass®+.

Should you have any concerns regarding guest privacy as it relates to
MyMagic®+, please refer to the following link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/my-disney-experience/privacy-policy/

We look forward to your visit with us next year, and we hope you enjoy
your stay with us!

If you have questions or need further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.

Sincerely,

C*** P******
WDW Online Communications

Thank you. So at this point, the above statement can be taken one of two ways: 1) It could be hinting that the legacy FP will go away in the future, or 2) It could be addressing all the rumors that are swirling that legacy FP will be going away when testing is done.

Obviously, Disney doesn't even know if legacy will be going away at this point. So as of right now, people can continue their trips as usual, with the added benefit of FP+.

Funny thing is, I couldn't tell you one thing that person said.. My eyes seemed to just glaze over once it saw pink and refocused during regular fonts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter