Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Linas said:
Thank you Ladies!!! Can I add the dress when we get there without upgrading DD package? Should I call bbb and ask to be sure they have one in DD size?

Here now, awaiting my daughter's appt with the fairy godmother-in-training. They do have both options, you can upgrade when you get here, and there is a store next door with all of them in various sizes.

Here now, awaiting my daughter's appt with the fairy godmother-in-training. They do have both options, you can upgrade when you get here, and there is a store next door with all of them in various sizes.
We bought a dress next door and brought it in with us on our last trip. Selection in BBB was much smaller than I expected, so glad we did. :)

Hi everyone! Thank you for the great information in this thread.

My DD will be doing BBB for the first time in October. We will be at the MK location. We are planning on the Courtyard package (she likes her Elsa dress she has at home so that's what we are bringing).

My question is: About how long does the experience take?

This is our fourth trip and we have always done the BBB and my 3 girls love it. We have first appointment Christmas day at MK.

Reason we do this is because they allow you in the MK before it opens so we are the only ones on the street and we get really good pictures with no crowds in the pictures especially of the castle at Christmas with no one in it.

I suggest anyone book their appointments first of the day to get in the park before it opens and get some great pictures

Hello,

Thanks for all the great info. I see many people suggesting early appointments. One question I have is will the hair/makeup last all day going on rides, etc. We were planning on dinner at CRT and wanted her to look nice for that so we originally planned to have BBB right before and an early evening CRT dinner. Thanks!

Mark in MN

This is our fourth trip and we have always done the BBB and my 3 girls love it. We have first appointment Christmas day at MK.

Reason we do this is because they allow you in the MK before it opens so we are the only ones on the street and we get really good pictures with no crowds in the pictures especially of the castle at Christmas with no one in it.

I suggest anyone book their appointments first of the day to get in the park before it opens and get some great pictures

Hello,

Thanks for all the great info. I see many people suggesting early appointments. One question I have is will the hair/makeup last all day going on rides, etc. We were planning on dinner at CRT and wanted her to look nice for that so we originally planned to have BBB right before and an early evening CRT dinner. Thanks!

Mark in MN

The 3 times we did it the hair lasted through the next day including the time we went during Tropical Storm Debby in 2012. And they give you the makeup and nail polish that is left over to take with you.

The package info mentions that a tote is included. I'm wondering what size/style it is? Our girls are going to BBB on Halloween and we're going to MNSSHP that night. Would the tote be suitable for trick-or-treat candy?

MamaCrystal said:
The package info mentions that a tote is included. I'm wondering what size/style it is? Our girls are going to BBB on Halloween and we're going to MNSSHP that night. Would the tote be suitable for trick-or-treat candy?

It is a drawstring backpack

It's a full size drawstring backpack. I think it would be great for trick or treating.

Actually it is a tote bag now unless they switched them back since May. Pretty much shopping bag size. It has Minnie Mouse on it. I was slightly disappointed. I really liked those drawstring backpacks. But we do have 2 of them from previous trips. It was kind of awkward carrying it around the rest of the day, but it did hold a lot of stuff so it would be perfect for trick or treating.

Actually it is a tote bag now unless they switched them back since May. Pretty much shopping bag size. It has Minnie Mouse on it. I was slightly disappointed. I really liked those drawstring backpacks. But we do have 2 of them from previous trips. It was kind of awkward carrying it around the rest of the day, but it did hold a lot of stuff so it would be perfect for trick or treating.

We were there in July and received the same pink drawstring backpack as the past few years. I would've liked the Minnie Mouse bag for something different since we now have 3 backpacks floating around the house.

I'm glad they switched it back even though our BBB days are behind us now. That tote bag didn't really seem to fit the experience IMHO.

We are taking our two daughters (ages 4 and 6) to BBB in November. I already have their dresses (Belle and Cinderella) to take with us. I am trying to figure out what kind of shoes they should wear. Any suggestions? They are both so girly--want to be dressed up for everything (even WDW) and although I'm planning on them wearing athletic shoes for the parks, I don't think they'll want to wear them when they are all dressed up. Those princess dress up shoes don't look like a very good option, comfort-wise. What have your daughters worn for shoes?

We have a mid-afternoon appointment, then dinner at CRT, but I'm sure there will be plenty of walking after BBB.

We are taking our two daughters (ages 4 and 6) to BBB in November. I already have their dresses (Belle and Cinderella) to take with us. I am trying to figure out what kind of shoes they should wear. Any suggestions? They are both so girly--want to be dressed up for everything (even WDW) and although I'm planning on them wearing athletic shoes for the parks, I don't think they'll want to wear them when they are all dressed up. Those princess dress up shoes don't look like a very good option, comfort-wise. What have your daughters worn for shoes?

We have a mid-afternoon appointment, then dinner at CRT, but I'm sure there will be plenty of walking after BBB.

I have used a dressy sandal but my daughter was older than your two. She would generally switch into a Teva flip flop for walking. Last time I happened to have a pair the same color as her dress and the flip flops had sparkles. For your two perhaps a Disney Princess themed sandal or ballet flat. I have seen those used.

Here is the link to the images pages that came up when I googled Disney Princess ballet flat. Usually you can click on the picture to go to the source for purchase.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...sPY7AaJkoCgCA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=906&bih=308

Here's the one for sandals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...jDqnB7AbQ64A4&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=906&bih=308

Did you all call in at 180 days to get a reservation at BBB? We didn't book our trip until 120+_ days before our trip. I have been calling and calling, but no appointments! :sad:

Am I just out of luck? My almost 7 year old has decided she would REALLY like to do this...our trip is 10/26-11/1.

:crazy2:

Did you all call in at 180 days to get a reservation at BBB? We didn't book our trip until 120+_ days before our trip. I have been calling and calling, but no appointments! :sad:

I did actually, but I really didn’t have much flexibility especially the 1st and 3rd times we did it because I wanted that and CRT. So I needed a specific hour plus needed an appointment at Magic Kingdom and wasn’t really open to the Downtown Disney location. Depending on when you are going and your flexibility you could still get a spot. You could also follow the cancellation threads that seem to have popped up if there is one for your month.

I’d keep calling, especially around your 45 day mark because people who decide to either move or cancel their packages will cancel around then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter