• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEWARE Disney Reservations may be calling you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rooms were booked and charged to my credit card on 5/4/07. Then I get a call 6/22 saying you don't have these rooms and you should have never had them to begin with because they belonged to someone else. Well, they were available on 5/4 and then the whole story I'm siting here scratching my head wondering why you wouldn't want the upgrade. Are you going to be staying in your connecting staterooms while your children are in the kids program. Like there's something wrong with me for not wanting the upgrade. Oh, Please.....

I don't think you'd find a jury who would side with you. Disney made a mistake and offered you something better than you paid for in compensation.
I know our Disney cruise, I went over the ships deck plans with our kids based on the Deck 2 cabin we booked. 8 days before we sailed, Disney called and upgraded up to Deck 7. So I wasted an hour with my kids, but in the end got a stateroom worth $1500 more than I paid for.

The rooms were booked and charged to my credit card on 5/4/07.

5/4 means that DCL failed miserably from a reservation booking standpoint and a follow-up customer service standpoint.

It is true that DCL has the right to change your room, cancel your cruise, etc. but HOW they do that is very important in keeping with the normal high DCL standards.

I would be P.O. too. I would push for an upgrade, but one much greater than they were offering. Perhaps 2 Cat 6 connection rooms.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

I made reservations for next year on the boat while I was on my previous cruise. Noone had these rooms. That's why I booked them. Then Over a month later I get a phone call stating I should have never had these rooms because they were already booked (but I don't believe that. If that was the case, they wouldn't have been able to give me the rooms and I already put the deposit on it over a month ago) Then out of the blue I get this phone call.

The whole point is the person booking the rooms with you thought that the rooms were avaiable. However, at times we all make mistakes and it appears that the rooms had also be promised to another person prior. So why get so upset. There are other rooms just as good or better for your needs. If Disney is willing to give you another set of rooms for the same price look for the positive and see what might be better.

I see this as not Disney out to get you but Disney attempting to correct an error. Let the first error free person to cast the first stone.

Just one point here - you have a reservation with DCL that lists your assigned stateroom, not a contract with DCL that lists a particular stateroom. I understand your frustration at the attempt to change that assignment, and the indignation you feel about being questioned about what you and your DH would be doing, but I'm still a little confused. Were they trying to change out one room and not the other? I know that some people really like specific rooms and it's not "just" about the money, but from DCL's perspective, they were attempting to remedy a wrong by offering you the upgrade that the majority of people would leap upon. If they were only trying to upgrade one stateroom and not the other, then I could see you being very irate with them. If not, then I have to assume your irritation is primarily at the behavior of the CMs, who it sound like were trying to understand why you would not be interested in the upgrade but immediately began "yelling and crying", at which point I'm sure it was challenging for them, too. They obviously figured out that you weren't going to be happy with an upgrade - or anything other than keeping the staterooms you originally booked - which, by the way, could be taken from you at any moment up to and including when you show up at the port, although I'm sure they would compensate you for that in some manner!

No, I don't work for Disney, but I'm curious that since you have your assignment back, are you interested in pursuing a complaint for the purpose of relaying what you believe was inappropriate behavior by the CMs on the phone? It seems normally that people are advised to seek some specific form of compensation when issuing a complaint - or are you like me in that sometimes you just need to relay the complaint in an attempt to hope that the duplicate behavior doesn't happen to someone else (and feel better about it in the process, too?)

I see people responding and not even understanding the story by the way they respond. That's ok by me. I just want what I originally agreed to and I hope they NOW keep it that way. :-)

Not looking for a jury. Pllllsssss. lol

The whole point is the person booking the rooms with you thought that the rooms were avaiable.

This is not a "thought" type situation the computer system shows you what is available and what is not. If there was an error it wasn't the fault of the Sales Manager on board the Magic but the reservation system.

So I wasted an hour with my kids, but in the end got a stateroom worth $1500 more than I paid for.

Sometimes it is not about money...it is about what you asked for. Getting an upgrade is not always convenient.

The reservation was made onboard the Magic them a little over a month Disney Reservation came in saying this isn't yours and was never yours to begin with..... Go figure... I was totally in shock and just said,"What what are you talking about???? Bal, blah... That's it in a nutshell. If it was booked onboard doesn't it show up booked by the Reservation Dept also? I just thought the approah was just nasty and shocking and then questioning our decision on top of it was just not appropriate. I just don't want them to pull this on someone else so, I wanted to talk to a manager and got no where anyways. Just wanted to let others know what was going on for information in case it happened to them not looking for sympathy. Just don't want it to happen to me or anyone else again and still why can't a manager know what happened?

It sounds like CS might not have handled it well in what was said to you, but at least they did call you to tell you in advance. It could have been alot worse. You could have just showed up in port and found out that your rooms had changed. Since it obviously is very upsetting to you, its good that they gave you the heads up now instead of on cruise day, and that you ultimately were able to fix it to your liking. And, they were willing to move you up to another room with a window or verandah. Technically, a cat. 10 doesn't have a window, so they could have just moved you to another room with no window.

Now, if I got that call, I'd be dancing all the way to the port! Why enjoy a secret porthole when you can have a real one, or even better, a verandah? If it is the location issue, I'd probably just say that the reason you wanted these rooms were because of their quiet location. There are lots of other quiet locations on the ship, so if they were willing to give you another one of those, but with a better view, or verandah, that seems more than fair. Granted, I don't have as many children as you do, but when I go on the cruise, really, we don't spend that much time in our rooms, other than for sleeping. My dds are 7 and 4 now, but on our first cruise, they were 4 and 15 months, and even then, we went to our rooms (cat. 10 on deck 2) just for sleeping. Our room was noisy (near the elevators and under the theater), but that didn't ruin the cruise for us in the least. To us, it isn't about the room, its about the experience of being on board.

Anyways, I wish you the best with the rest of your pregnancy, and I hope that despite this ordeal, you are still able to enjoy your trip when the time comes.

Actually, something simular happened to us on the 11 day cruise last Sept. I got a call saying the room that I booked was actually going to be remodeled during those dates and we have to switch rooms. I thought ok...no problem..and they were able to give us a room a few doors down. The funny part was...we get onboard...and see a family walking out of OUR room... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I understand your frustration...but I would have took the upgrade. They are few and far between. All they had to do was give you another cat. 10..and were willing to bump you up. :)

Have a magical cruise and good luck with your baby. :goodvibes

Travis

At least you see it's not always about money. It's about what you asked for exactly..... Have a great night!!!

This is not a "thought" type situation the computer system shows you what is available and what is not. If there was an error it wasn't the fault of the Sales Manager on board the Magic but the reservation system.

Yes it is the computer but if the computer didn't show a prior reservation the sales person would of thought the rooms were available. I just hope that the OP can find a place to be comfortable with this whole situation. It is never easy when ones plans get changed. But I have found that it most often works out for the best. The OP just seems so angry that I would be concerned for her health.

Sorry, but I only read the 1st page of this thread. I want to start by saying as a person who delivers babies, calm down. It is not worth the decrease blood flow to the baby when you get upset. I want to say, I have spoken to Ron many times when I call Disney and he has always been great. Maybe he was just having a bad day or got on the defense when you got upset. I am even guilty of getting another rep on the line and have hung up and called back hoping to get Ron. He has even been the one to give me some of our "inside tips". He has been excellent. Others are always praying for an up-grade, I'm sure he thought you would be happy. I bet you he called the other family and gave it to them and they were very happy. I think I would only be upset if they put me near the kids clubs. I do not like to listen to other people's children, so we go closer to the AFT. So to each it's own desire. If you really want to talk to a supervisor, call back M-F during the day and ask for one. You can e-mail them too, I always get a reply in about 12 hours or less. Just have fun. On your cruise, pass by the room they were going to give you, you may then be sorry. Now that things are what you want, just put it behind you and have the vacation of your life. :hippie:

After reading all of this I find it interesting that no one seems to have thought that perhaps the OP was actually the FIRST person to book these rooms and that the error could have occurred AFTER she booked. It is possible that she had the rooms first and then somehow Disney booked them again. Yes, Disney has the right to change your room, etc but maybe the other folks who also had this room turned Disney down. You never know...

Regardless of the order in which the mistake was made the OP had every reason to be upset. She booked these rooms, even changing ships, to get these rooms in order to accomodate her family (4 small children). She does not say what the upgrade was but if it were not for connecting rooms then it would definately not have worked for her situation.

I am actually appalled at hearing "Ron's" remarks about "scratching my head wondering why you do not want the upgrade" and also about what she and her husband would be doing in the room.:eek: That is COMPLETELY un-called for, extremely rude, unprofessional and very UN-DISNEY!! If I were the OP I would follow up with Disney about these comments.

CJDJ - I hope you can put this behind you and have a wonderful cruise! Blessings on your pregnancy!:hug:

I also understand how you feel CJDJ....I had one of the secret verandah rooms booked (7620) for over a year. Perfect for us and perfect location. A week before our cruise they called to say we were upgraded. At first I was disappointed. I had been looking forward to that room for over a year! So we went with the upgrade and it was nice to have the extra room, but it was not as convenient to the laundry as the other would have been. We enjoyed it though! Glad you got your rooms back and hope you have a great cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter