Best/Worst Halloween Candy

I come on to these threads every year just so I can say that those orange and black wrapped Mary Janes are my absolute Favorites. :lmao:

You may now return to your regualary scheduled sugar debate.

my youngest hates chocolate so she says anything that is not a chocolate bar is good by her .......... oh unless its candy corn or halloween kisses things :rotfl:

I used to hate candy corn. Then my husband introduced me to the concept of mixing it with dry roasted peanuts and either M&Ms or Reeses Pieces. That's a good mixture!

I always hated it when people handed out the bite sized candy bars. I could handle the fun sized, but bit sized was just ridiculous.

Yes! Candy corn + peanuts + M&Ms = PMS Crunch :rotfl: It is so addictive and feeds every craving: salty, sweet, and chocolate!

Best are the Hersey bars, Twix, Kitkat, Reece's. Worst are Whoppers, Bottlecaps, tootsie rolls. Oh, and those SpongeBob "Crabby Patties"!!! DH automatically tosses those and any other candy made in China.

Best- Any wrapped chocolate bars, Dum Dums, skittles

Worst- Tootsie rolls, no-name wrapped candies, hard bubblegum like dubble bubble or bazooka

Best- bottlecaps, tootsie rolls, starburst, hershey minis, m&ms (regular or peanut)

Worst- gum, those black and orange wrapped things, popcorn, anything made by the Palmer company, and pennies. I always got pennies. Those aren't candy, people!

I think you guys have Mary Janes confused with those orange and black wrapped peanut butter kisses (taffy). I love Mary Janes!

candy-crate_2232_6411991891.gif

In your opinion what do you despise and what do you love?

We were studying with classmates today and we all agreed that the candy that comes in the orange and black wrappers were awful (called Mary Janes?! :confused3) along with bottlecaps...:crazy2:

Now our favorites varied. I love a frozen Reeses PB cup and KitKats....

Been thinking about candy today! ;):goodvibes

peanut-butter-kisses.jpg

Yes, Peanut Butter Kisses are the nastiest tasting things EVER!! And my mother still keeps on giving them out every single year. Her own grandkids won't touch them.

I used to hate candy corn. Then my husband introduced me to the concept of mixing it with dry roasted peanuts and either M&Ms or Reeses Pieces. That's a good mixture!

I always hated it when people handed out the bite sized candy bars. I could handle the fun sized, but bit sized was just ridiculous.

What if they gave you a handful of the bite sized bars? I have given these out in the past and when I dump my handful in the bag, it was 6 or 7 of the pieces in there.

What if they gave you a handful of the bite sized bars? I have given these out in the past and when I dump my handful in the bag, it was 6 or 7 of the pieces in there.[/COLOR]
Nope. For me, I had to be able to actually take a bit of the candy bar and savor it. Then, take another bite. With the bite sized, you have to pop the whole thing into your mouth.

But, to be fair, this was just me. I'm a giant weirdo! My friends didn't seem to mind as much.

For my kids: both of them prefer fruity flavored candy over everything else..except for gum, Dubble Bubble, pictured earlier would be tied for best candy along with Blow Pops. After that the big hits are ring pops, laffy taffy, skittles, starburst, you get the idea.
My daughter loves chocolate candy too, all of it, though she'll give all the Almond Joys to Daddy and the Butterfingers to me because she knows they're our favorites.
My son takes regular Hershey's, Twix and KitKats and doesn't eat any other kind, he gives the rest to whomever wants it.

Me: Reese's pb cups, Butterfinger, Snickers, Almond Joy-all good. I like KitKats, Nestlé Crunch, Twix, junior mints, pretty much anything chocolate, though I pass on milky ways and three musketeers.
I also pass on anything fruity(except watermelon jolly ranchers) and gum grosses me out.

Worst candy to get is Mary Janes and the non watermelon flavor jolly ranchers and the non chocolate tootsie rolls(my kids love all tootsie rolls and all jolly ranchers. Weirdos. ;-)

My husband is like my kids, fruit flavored over chocolate any day. Favorite candy is Jujyfruits. He loves Dubble bubble, too...

Best:
650579820_c27c2cbf53.jpg

Smarties get honorable mention too.

Worst:
2896171589_2257a43238.jpg

I absolutely detest those things. I remember being so disappointed anytime I got those while trick or treating. I know it is not good to be soooooo ungrateful for free candy :duck:

My favorite are Nerds. My daughter knows how much I like them so she usually goes into her bag and gives me some of hers every Halloween. She's pretty awesome like that. :)

Love all things chocolate.

I just bought the big bags of sixlets (remember those? I haven't seen them in a long time), sour patch kids (my kids love these), gummy fruit snacks (for the itty bitties), tootsie rolls for filler and something else I don't remember to hand out on Halloween.

We get a TON of trick or treaters. It takes at least $60 to provide even half of the candy needed. We usually turn out the light before trick or treating is done.

I would love to buy candy bars to give out, but they just wouldn't go very far.

Apples are my least favourite- I always laugh when I get them. I love Cadbury chocolate though :)

Best: Twix or 100 Grand. Chocolate + Caramel = Heaven

Worst: Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties. Letting chocolate go to waste on mint is a sin, like putting chocolate on broccoli.

In your opinion what do you despise and what do you love?

We were studying with classmates today and we all agreed that the candy that comes in the orange and black wrappers were awful (called Mary Janes?! :confused3) along with bottlecaps...:crazy2:

Now our favorites varied. I love a frozen Reeses PB cup and KitKats....

Been thinking about candy today! ;):goodvibes

I had a Mary Jane last year and it is not the same candy as when I was a kid. Before, Mary Janes had more peanut butter in the middle.

My favorites are Mounds, Snickers, Kit Kats, Reeses, Almond Joy, Twix and Milky Way. :love: I love the smaller size ones. :cloud9:

Another candy bar that tastes completely different than it use to is Nestle's Crunch. :sad:

I had a Mary Jane last year and it is not the same candy as when I was a kid. Before, Mary Janes had more peanut butter in the middle.

My favorites are Mounds, Snickers, Kit Kats, Reeses, Almond Joy, Twix and Milky Way. :love: I love the smaller size ones. :cloud9:

Another candy bar that tastes completely different than it use to is Nestle's Crunch. :sad:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I tried one about a year ago and it tasted so different. It didn't seem as creamy or something. Thought my taste buds had just changed.

Peanut butter cups are my weakness. If I ever got kidnapped and they wanted information from me all they'd need would be a bag of those and I'd talk non-stop! :rotfl2:

Worst? Has to be a tossup between candy corn and those peanut kiss things. When I was a kid my mom would buy bags of them after Halloween and freeze them for the next year :crazy2:. After the first year she did this she wondered why no kids came to the door.

Not that I tipped them off or anything...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter