Best/Worst Halloween Candy

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
In your opinion what do you despise and what do you love?

We were studying with classmates today and we all agreed that the candy that comes in the orange and black wrappers were awful (called Mary Janes?! :confused3) along with bottlecaps...:crazy2:

Now our favorites varied. I love a frozen Reeses PB cup and KitKats....

Been thinking about candy today! ;):goodvibes

I dislike any fruity candy, like Skittles. Let's be honest here. I basically dislike any and all non-chocolate candy. Peanutty candy is the exception.

I actually LOVE the orange and black wrapped candies...and I LOVE MaryJanes! Gimme that "cheap" candy. I'd trade you all of my Skittles, Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers, etc. for them!

Reeses peanut butter cups! Yum! Also the Twix, Three Musketeers, Milky Way...delicious.

Dum Dums, to me, are a joke. Those and the little pink gum blobs that lost taste after ten seconds were always left in my trick or treat bag by the time the next Halloween came around! Doesn't even count as candy.

I dislike any fruity candy, like Skittles. Let's be honest here. I basically dislike any and all non-chocolate candy. Peanutty candy is the exception.

I actually LOVE the orange and black wrapped candies...and I LOVE MaryJanes! Gimme that "cheap" candy. I'd trade you all of my Skittles, Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers, etc. for them!
I'll take your green jolly ranchers. They sooth my tummy..:thumbsup2

Reeses peanut butter cups! Yum! Also the Twix, Three Musketeers, Milky Way...delicious.

Dum Dums, to me, are a joke. Those and the little pink gum blobs that lost taste after ten seconds were always left in my trick or treat bag by the time the next Halloween came around! Doesn't even count as candy.
Isn't that BubbleYum? It becomes tasteless AND stale. No thanks!

You mean Double Bubble? I, amazingly enough, also love these! They do lose taste very quickly...so you just pop another in. :rotfl2:

4399-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Mary Janes and Dum Dums were always bottom-of-the-barrel level candy when we went trick-or-treating. After a year or two we learned who gave out the good stuff and which houses were skipable.

Jim

Mary Janes - are those the things that look kinda like taffy, but are peanut butter or whatever? If they are the same, they get my vote for worst Halloween candy. :crazy2: Blech. And I love peanut butter!

Black licorice, too. I'd give it to my mom, she loves the stuff. I can barely stand the smell.:lmao:

My favorite would be pretty much any candy bar. Twix and Milky Ways especially.

You mean Double Bubble? I, amazingly enough, also love these! They do lose taste very quickly...so you just pop another in. :rotfl2:

4399-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Okay, I take back my affirmative reply from earlier, because this is what I was talking about. I bet I have some lying around from 15 years ago I could send over to ya! :rotfl2:

Kit Kats, Twix, Peanut Butter Cups, M&M's. I love them all, lol. I used to dislike Good N Plenty, but I actually didn't mind the last time I tried. Not a fan of tootsie rolls.

4399-DEFAULT-m.jpg
YES! Not Bubble Yum.. that is this..
bubble.jpg

I've always thought it was the filler in the candy bucket, kind of like the honeydew melon in fruit bowls! ;)

As for MaryJanes, I broke a bracket when I had braces with one so my memory is now forever jaded with them. The other PB candy I do like and it is vintage of sorts is peanut butter bars! They can stick to your teeth too, but they're good, IMO.:thumbsup2
peanut-butter-bars_small.jpg

I liked MaryJanes. I didn't know they still made them. Never did like double bubble. Loved Bazooka!

I can't stand candy corn. Yuck. But to each their own!

I also like honeydew melon ;) :thumbsup2

Best Candy: Anything chocolate. Specifically mini Snockers, Hershey miniatures, Kit Kat, Twix (even Milky Way... not my favorite). Twizzlers.

Worst Candy: Circus Peanuts, Necco wafers. Dum Dums (I would still eat them, they were OK, but far from favorite).

Sadly, there isn't a chocolate candy bar I would walk away from......

It's a sickness.......

As a child, I didn't like getting licorice (but my Dad loved it).
Everything else was okay by me.

Now, I would skip everything except chocolate!!

We hand out full size bars..............buy them at Costco. Chocolate and also fruity ones (Skittles, Starburst). I need to get them bought!!

I used to hate candy corn. Then my husband introduced me to the concept of mixing it with dry roasted peanuts and either M&Ms or Reeses Pieces. That's a good mixture!

I always hated it when people handed out the bite sized candy bars. I could handle the fun sized, but bit sized was just ridiculous.

Best: Butterfingers!!! These were my first to disappear! Also tootsie rolls, Snickers (now... I hated them for many years), Baby Ruths, Reese Cups, other chocolate bars.

Worst: Smarties, sweet tarts, dum dums, gum, mary janes, jolly ranchers... basically a lot of hard candies. I had something else I wanted to put here but I forget what it is.

Twizzlers, skittles, and other chewy fruity candy are squarely in the middle. I like them but they hurt my teeth after a new :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter