Best/Worst concerts

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Sabeking, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Shutterbug

Shutterbug Some Say........

Very Ultimate Best!!!!: Front row seats for Transiberian Orchestra!!!!! :cool1::thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lemonademouth

Lemonademouth DIS Veteran

Oooo. Lucky. I would have loved to have scene savage garden. I still listen to them now as an adult. My husband is always making fun of me.

4. BlovesC

BlovesC home is where the Yeti is!

This is difficult to narrow down, I attend about one concert a month. Two this month! :laughing:

Best:

The Black Keys: amazingly high energy
    The xx: unbelievably talented, better vocals than the recordings
    La Roux: great performer, fantastic at engaging the crowd
    The Cults: I only got to see them as an opener, but I was in heaven. I love their sound, and live they sent chills down my spine.

Worst:

Bon Jovi: I was only 5, so maybe it shouldn't count, but we saw them in a summer concert series at Great Adventure and I just remember being so mad I was forced to sit there and hold my hands over my ears while I could have been going on rides! :lmao:

American Idol Season 10 tour: my first and last time attending one of these...I don't know what I was thinking. I hate country music and a 'country singer' won that year! :laughing:

I haven't really attended many 'bad' concerts. I tend to stay away from arena acts.

5. MomNeedsVacay

MomNeedsVacay <font color=red>was my mom just weird?

BEST: BEN FOLDS!! Love him---great guy live...energy, charisma and gets the crowd involved and tells good stories

Worst: I 've seen a lot of concerts where I thought they were terrible live... hmmmmm.... Dave Matthews Band was not great..I cannot stand when a band jams out on one song for 20 minutes ..You have to be really really high or really really drunk to enjoy that.

6. AnnMarie3

AnnMarie3 Mouseketeer

The Best: Garth Brooks, The Boss in 84, Jimmy Buffett, Pat Benatar, Rush, Rod Stewart, Hal Ketchum, Van Halen

The Worst: Stevie Nicks, Michael Bolton, Joan Jett. Diana Ross - she was horrible!

7. mcraige

mcraige DIS Veteran

Oh, wow. This is hard, since most concerts I went to were a LONG time ago, and since I saw many bands many times. Here goes:

Best: Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bob Seger, The Eagles, Guns 'n Roses, Nickelback

Worst: Styx, Foreigner

8. ewalshslp

ewalshslp Mouseketeer

I love Ben Folds! Would love to see him. He sings my favorite song of all time: Gracie Girl:)

Totally agree about DMB. Thought we were the only ones who felt this way!

9. rszdtrvl

rszdtrvl DIS Veteran

We have a theatre in town that we have attended several concerts at.

Best : REO Speedwagon (1 year ago)
    Best : Leann Rimes (1 year ago - it was her acoustic show and it was great - don't think much of her as a person, but she is a wonderful singer)

Worst : Styx (1 year ago - perhaps it was because we were not drinking, like most of the attendees were, but it was not a very good show)

DS saw Uncle Kracker, and said it was a great show. It was his first "date". :)

10. dmiller64152

dmiller64152 Mouseketeer

Best: U2 c. 1989, Black Crowes (early 90s), The Who (1983), Greg Allmann, Train with my sister singing onstage with them (she won a contest), Alejandro Escovedo, Chuck Prophet, Chris Whitley, any show my bf plays (Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band NO HATING lol!)

Worst: KISS with Ted Nugent. Hands down.

11. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

Can't say I've ever been to a bad one. We saw a great one last November, the Who with opening act Vintage Trouble. Look up this new band Vintage Trouble, they are fantastic!

Only bad thing about the Who show was we paid a ridiculous amount of money for a package included with the 2nd row center seats. Ticketmaster bungled the whole thing. The so-called VIP package was said to include beer and wine. When we got to the hospitality suite I asked for one of the several beers that were on tap. I was then told we were only allowed Bud Light. Seriously? I can't drink that crap. All it does is guarantee you will have to pee sometime during the show.

But I digress. The show was great!

12. mickeymedic

mickeymedic <font color=red>Loves Off Kilter<br><font color=te

Best: Alabama. They were performing in a brand new baseball stadium...and they made a point of telling us that they didn't have a specific time that they needed to be done. So they played nearly every song they had every recorded. Plus they did a section in the middle of the show where they sang a bunch of their favorite covers from back when they used to play in bars before they were famous. It was a really long concert. But they kept the audience engaged throughout the entire concert.

Runner up: Garth Brooks.

Worst: I have only been to about a dozen concerts and none of them stand out as particularly bad.

13. Sabeking

Sabeking DIS Veteran

I forgot about Alabama. My first and one of my favorite concerts!

14. Myca

Myca Earning My Ears

Best: Jason Aldean:love: (3)times! But I am very disappointed that now he's so big that he does'nt even come to my state!:mad:

Worst: Guns N Roses. This was back in high school and they took two hours to take the stage after Metallica(who were awsome!) and then performed like they did'nt even want to be there. We actually left after about three songs.

15. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

Best:
    Eagles
    Fleetwood Mac
    Robert Plant and Jimmy Page
    Alice Cooper (his Welcome to My Nightmare show)

Worst:
    None were really bad. Procol Harum was a big dull and Waylon Jennings didn't seem to want to be there but they weren't really BAD.

I saw Willie Nelson once when he was jamming with some others and he was great. I'm sorry to read that he can be rude.

16. Jusacuz

Jusacuz DIS Veteran

Best: Garth Brooks, Yanni, Rush
    Worst: Creed. We walked out before the end.

17. cristit14

cristit14 <font color=blue> An older <font color=red>I am Do

Best

Eagles, Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi

Worst

Eddie Money, he came to a music festival last summer and was terrible

18. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

One of my favorite concerts was a Huey Lewis & The News concert, but I, (and many others), left before Huey Lewis came on stage.

In part of their summer tour in 1984 Huey Lewis had Stevie Ray Vaughan as an opening act.

I saw the show in August in Greensboro, NC

Stevie Ray just tore the place up and no matter how much you like Huey Lewis, everyone just knew that Huey got upstaged that night.

19. tennvalgirl

tennvalgirl DIS Veteran

Alabama used to host a 'June Jam' every year in their hometown of Fort Payne and those were some great concerts :thumbsup2

20. zoemurr

zoemurr DIS Veteran

I have you beat as well.. I'm 42 and have gone regularly since my mom dragged me when I was 9 'cause none of her friends would go. We even went 3x in one week when he was on Broadway way back when. My daughter is 14 and has gone with me now as well. She was proud of herself at theater camp when she won her team a point for being the only one who knew "I Write the Songs" when they were playing name that tune.

I saw him two years ago in Orlando though and after that I don't think I'll be going back. The show was short and uneventful (no big fun flashy numbers that he is famous for) and he was grouchy. (Oh yes, and his opening group was not at all family friendly. Lots of kids in the audience and unhappy parents.) Not worth the $200+ we paid. It made me very sad.

He also sounded like he was struggling a bit when he sang for the ice show the other week. Getting old is not fun.

21. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

:love: love Southside Johnny but I'm originally a Jersey girl. :) He's on my iPod. :)

My favorite is The Beach Boys and my least fav is the Beach Boys. Saw them one time (out of maybe 10x?) and it was quite horrible. The rest of the concerts were good, fun and they just kept singing and singing and singing. :)