Best/Worst concerts

Oooh! My favorite subject! My husband and I try to see as many shows as we can.
Best - PHISH- my boys from Vermont bring it every single time. Summer tour is my favorite time of the year (next to my annual Disney trip). My new favorite band is Umphrey's Mcgee. We saw them in Nashville last September and it was AMAZING.
Worst - Prince. This was back in his "Symbol" phase. It just plain sucked.

I'm not a big concert fan. I don't like everyone standing up and screaming. I just want to sit and listen to the singer I paid to hear! I took DS to Taylor Swift last year and it probably would have been good except for all the screaming teenagers!

The best I ever saw was Bette Midler! Not only do I love her music anyway but everyone stayed seated and listened quietly, no screaming! She was a lot of fun too, lots of jokes and stories. She puts on quite a show :thumbsup2

I don't have a worst, but the most embarrassing would have to be when I was in 7th grade and saw New Kids On The Block :rolleyes1

I would love to see Barry Manilow someday!

I've been to so many good concerts. Some of my favorites have been:

TOOL--awesome everytime we've seen them! I've gotten to hear almost all of my favorite songs live, except The Grudge. Still hoping to hear that one live one day.

Devo--saw them a few times in the 80's. Still to this date one of the best shows I've seen.

Rob Zombie--So good! The only downside for me is John 5 waving at the crowd to scream during the whole show. He's done it both shows I've been to.

INXS--saw them at the University of Houston in the 80's and it was so good!The small venue made it even better. Saw them again in a much larger venue years later, still a great concert though.

Marilyn Manson--I've seen him several times and have loved almost every show. His last show on the Twins of Evil tour wasn't as good as usual.

Some bands I've liked so much more after seeing them live:

Cage the Elephant and Papa Roach

Hands down the worst concert I've been to was back in the 80's. Went to see the Plasmatics with my boyfriend and it was awful. So bad we left during it.

Also bad was the opening band at a Marilyn Manson concert, The Hours. Horrible, horrible show.

Also not the worst concert but not that great was the Beastie Boys back in the 80's. The opened for Madonna and weren't very good. Lots of booing from the crowd.

Best: Paul McCartney @ Fenway Park, Elton John and Billy Joel at Foxboro, David Bowie, Dixie Chicks, Rod Stewart, Britney (Circus Tour with my preteen), and Aerosmith a bazillion times including their most recent free concert in Allston. Also saw J.Geils a couple bazillion times :)

Worst: Peter Frampton (two years ago, uggggggg), CCR, Melissa Etheridge (turned out to be a lesbian lovefest and I'm hetero lol), and so many others that I just went for the concert scene, not the music, at a place close by with the absolute worst acoustics but best 1977-1984 tailgaiting:laughing:

I
Some bands I've liked so much more after seeing them live:

Cage the Elephant and Papa Roach

HEY! I wasn't expecting to hear that on these boards! I've seen them twice. Both times from the safety of the balcony. Watched my son crowd-surf from up there. He would land on the stage, get kicked off the stage, then do it again. That was a great show!

Best: Plant/Page, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, Metallica (in my younger days ;) )

Worst: Alan Jackson :rolleyes2 LeeAnn Rimes opened for him in her very young "Blue" days, and her performance blew his away by far. He talked a lot and sang very little. A lot of money wasted on that concert. :sick:

Saw Robert plant sitting on a wall outside a library once!

I used to go to loads of concerts,very hard to choose an ultimate best one.
Maybe Justin Timberlake purely for the sake ds wanted to come,we had not bought a ticket for him- so dh had to stay in the hotel- ds was not very verbal (said 3 words at age 3) and danced and sung at the concert.me and dd s all cried.
On a more musical level,I was big into 80s music-loved u2,big country,depeche mode,the cure and inxs were amazing.M h was pure sex.
I really liked the smiths also,but no so keen on Morrissey as a person!

In more recent years,enjoyed Kylie,spice girls and Gavin de graw.
Going to see the heavy next month.

Worst ever is easy-sigue sigue sputnick. Absolutely terrible.:)

HEY! I wasn't expecting to hear that on these boards! I've seen them twice. Both times from the safety of the balcony. Watched my son crowd-surf from up there. He would land on the stage, get kicked off the stage, then do it again. That was a great show!

We saw them at Buzzfest where they have a lot of bands playing. I did like a couple of their songs but it's not a band I would have gone to see alone. Until that concert. lol Now I would definitely go see them as a headliner. They were a lot of fun, lots of energy and they sounded great.

Best: ACDC without a doubt. Angus did not stop all night. Also Linkin Park was very good. .38 Special was also really good.

Worst: Seen Charlie Daniels it was not good.

Worst: Cher (she had a double who looked exactly like her, showed movies on a screen from the Sonny & Cher days: very little actual singing)

Runner up for worst: REO Speedwagon - horrible. They were playing with Pat Benatar, who was amazing. Wish the whole show had been her. The drummer from Fleetwood Mac was also there, we walked out during his "solo"

Best: Tina Turner, Toby Keith, Sugarland, Southside Johnny, Chicago, Heart, Steve Nicks

BEST: 20 years of seeing Pearl Jam and seeing Springsteen since the early 80s Amazing shows every time :banana:

WORST: Black Sabbath, I got a contact high (seriously lol) and passed out standing in the third row :faint:

EVER WORSE: Backstreet Boys with my little girl (over and over and over again) as she grew up and they just kept getting worse. :eek: Now she loves my bands so all is well!

Worst were opening acts for shows.

The Unband (opened for, I think, Def Leppard or Bon Jovi)

Lady Gaga (opened for New kids on the Block before she hit it big) nothing but a big, awful sex-fest. I looked at another lady in the audience and went, "what the HELL was THAT?!?!?! :scared: )

There seems to be no middle ground for DMB. People either love him or hate him, nothing in between. ]

I completely agree. One of my friends LOVES DMB and has seen countless concerts, but you will never see me join her at one. Cannot get into DMB. Not my taste.

Believe it or not, Britney Spears was one of my favorite concerts! I mean, not the singing. :rotfl2: But the show itself is such a spectacular performance. It was really cool. We had front row seats at MSG and only paid $10, so maybe that's why I liked it so much. It was her circus tour, and it was super fun and exciting. Really cool.

My favorite band (anyone from NJ, NY area may be familiar) is the band Bouncing Souls. I've seen their concerts several times and their shows are crazy fun. Mosh pit, crowd surfing/diving/throwing :lmao: Really good music (for those that like that type of music) every band member brings it! Every concert has been better than the last. And they aren't super popular, so they play smaller venues which is nice for me!

I've also seen guster three times, but the last time I saw them I was less than impressed. Change it up a little!! If you're not going to change your concerts, I'm not going to pay money to see the same thing over and over.

Worst: Peter Frampton (two years ago, uggggggg), CCR, Melissa Etheridge (turned out to be a lesbian lovefest and I'm hetero lol), and so many others that I just went for the concert scene, not the music, at a place close by with the absolute worst acoustics but best 1977-1984 tailgaiting:laughing:

LOL I brought my boyfriend to a Melissa Etheridge concert shortly after we met. I think he was the only guy there! We still had a good time (or maybe I was the only one having a good time :))

I just saw Matchbox Twenty last Sunday night. I really enjoyed the concert. They really enjoy what they do. They played for 2 1/2 hours. Phillip Phillips opened for them. I did not watch American Idol but I knew who he was. I had thought about skipping that part but ended up watching Phillip Phillips. I actually was impressed and really enjoyed his performance. My friend even went out and downloaded his album.

I saw Billy Joel back in the 90s. It was fantastic. I wish I had been able to see him and Elton John together!

Best: I've seen a lot of fantastic concerts, but I have to say that the best was Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame, in case you don't know who he is) performing The Wall in 2012. The stage production and effects were amazing, and when combined with the incredible music - it all added up to an unforgettable experience.

Worst: Kansas (remember Dust in the Wind?) in 1979, but not because of the band. It was because a drunk girl standing behind me threw up in my hair...a lot of throw-up, and a lot of long, long hair. I had to rinse it out in the disgusting coliseum bathroom and go home. :furious:

Sorry about the gross image, everyone. ;)

Best: I've seen a lot of fantastic concerts, but I have to say that the best was Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame, in case you don't know who he is) performing The Wall in 2012. The stage production and effects were amazing, and when combined with the incredible music - it all added up to an unforgettable experience. ;)

Agreed! One of the best concerts I've seen!

Best: Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Our Lady Peace

Worst: Weird Al. Not because of him, he was great! But I had won 4 front row centre tickets and 4 backstage passes. I went out to dinner before the concert and got food poisoning. I spent most of the concert running to the bathroom. Ended up leaving early and giving the backstage passes away :(

Lots of "bests". Paul McCartney at Citi Field. The Stones at Shea. Bon Jovi at the Meadowlands.

Worst? My dd's really liked Jesse McCartney. I endured him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter