Best value resort?

MeganMango

Mouseketeer
I'm booking today!

I have to decide between Pop Century (own bus line) and All Star Sports (first pick up/drop off). The price difference isn't that much, so what would you recommend? I'm coming to Disney solo, so I'll be moving at a fast pace :D

We just stayed at Pop and really liked it. If you are a walker, the lake that separates Pop and AofA is a beautiful setting with a walking path around it, and we enjoyed walks and watching fireworks from DHS while standing on the bridge. We had a room in the 50's section that overlooked the lake which we also enjoyed, very quiet! One day we took the bus to AofA and walked back to POP.

That's good to know! I'm a runner, and might take advantage of getting a morning run in there.

I've stayed at both and I like ASSp just a wee bit better. It's smaller and felt way less 'busy' to me. But, honestly they are both fine and you'll have a great time at either.

I'm a POP fan. I stayed at AS Mus last winter & didn't care for the busing. Thought POPs busing was far superior. However, I believe AS Sports' busing would be the best of the AS because of the layout of the 3 resorts. Busing is a big deal for me because I love to rope drop and if I get to the resort's bus stop by 7:45am, I would like to be picked up and underway within 20-30mins to make the early morning worthwhile and arrive in decent time to get up to the front of the park line for a 9am opening. I've always been impressed with POPs bus system and how they move large masses of guests efficiently and quickly.

I'm a POP fan. I stayed at AS Mus last winter & didn't care for the busing. Thought POPs busing was far superior. However, I believe AS Sports' busing would be the best of the AS because of the layout of the 3 resorts. Busing is a big deal for me because I love to rope drop and if I get to the resort's bus stop by 7:45am, I would like to be picked up and underway within 20-30mins to make the early morning worthwhile and arrive in decent time to get up to the front of the park line for a 9am opening. I've always been impressed with POPs bus system and how they move large masses of guests efficiently and quickly.

Okay thank you!! That's what i'm thinking, i want to be there as early as I can... so for bus service, this sounds like the best? how long does it take to make rounds with the All Stars?

how long does it take to make rounds with the All Stars?
I'm prob not the best to ask re the AS bus round as I've only had one stay at AS Mus. As Mus is the 2nd AS resort in line so smack in the middle. I was there during last Feb President's Day Long Weekend and this most likely made the busing worse b/c of the crowds. However, more than 60% of my early a.m. waits at the As Mus resort stop were 30mins plus. I could see many buses drive past the front of the resort on the highway (view through the trees) and so clear they had stopped at AS Sports first, filled the bus, and then skipped the rest of the AS resorts including AS Music enroute directly to the parks. If you are staying at AS Sports this would be in your favour as no cycle thru the other AS resorts. There were few if any CMs at the AS Mus that weekend monitoring the wait. At POP, it is common to see at least one CM with a laptop monitoring the bus wait and contacting the depot to call for a bus if a line is waiting too long. I don't know if this was a one off and just a reflection of a busy holiday weekend. However, for the extra $10/night, its an easy choice for me to stay at POP. Just my experience. ps it won't be long before the AS resort fans find your thread here. :-)They will def provide a different POV. And that's good because its good to get as much info as you can. If you decide that AS Sports busing is good enough for your needs, then that extra $10/night could be put to use elsewhere in the parks.

I'm prob not the best to ask re the AS bus round as I've only had one stay at AS Mus. As Mus is the 2nd AS resort in line so smack in the middle. I was there during last Feb President's Day Long Weekend and this most likely made the busing worse b/c of the crowds. However, more than 60% of my early a.m. waits at the As Mus resort stop were 30mins plus. I could see many buses drive past the front of the resort on the highway (view through the trees) and so clear they had stopped at AS Sports first, filled the bus, and then skipped the rest of the AS resorts including AS Music enroute directly to the parks. If you are staying at AS Sports this would be in your favour as no cycle thru the other AS resorts. There were few if any CMs at the AS Mus that weekend monitoring the wait. At POP, it is common to see at least one CM with a laptop monitoring the bus wait and contacting the depot to call for a bus if a line is waiting too long. I don't know if this was a one off and just a reflection of a busy holiday weekend. However, for the extra $10/night, its an easy choice for me to stay at POP. Just my experience. ps it won't be long before the AS resort fans find your thread here. :-)They will def provide a different POV. And that's good because its good to get as much info as you can. If you decide that AS Sports busing is good enough for your needs, then that extra $10/night could be put to use elsewhere in the parks.

Thank you for your detailed response! So appreciate it! I think this makes my decision clear to stay at POP. I have heard that hotel is bigger though, but I'll do some more research and hope for some more responses on the All Star Sports hotels!

I love the Sports, not a Pop fan. We had a bad experience which tainted us, we should probably give it another try, but I don't seem to get excited about trying it again. We have always had great bus and customer service at ASSP, love the pools and I like the separation of food court and gift shop.

I love the Sports, not a Pop fan. We had a bad experience which tainted us, we should probably give it another try, but I don't seem to get excited about trying it again. We have always had great bus and customer service at ASSP, love the pools and I like the separation of food court and gift shop.

Oh thank you! What was the bus wait like at Sports? When you cycled to the other hotels, did it take very long? I want to be there for the magic hours park opening.

Why not post your question on the POP's Resort thread? Just explain you posted elsewhere but that their thread might be the most appropriate place for your question. Yes, it will be a bit like preaching to the choir (lots of POP fans) but many of us have also stayed at AS resorts and some AS lovers do frequent the POP thread as well. Think you would get more & faster responses to your question. Good luck!

Oh thank you! What was the bus wait like at Sports? When you cycled to the other hotels, did it take very long? I want to be there for the magic hours park opening.

Most times in the morning the bus did not go to the other resorts, the have dedicated bus most peak times for each separate ALL Stars. When they don't it is really just a few minutes. Heading back to the resort is great as it is the first stop!! Never waited long for buses to or from. I can't say enough positives about this resort!!!

When are you looking at going?

Yes, I forgot to add this. ASSp doesn't share during peak times. I rarely waited more than a few minutes and I didn't find the trip to Movies & Music took much time at all when they did share.

Most times in the morning the bus did not go to the other resorts, the have dedicated bus most peak times for each separate ALL Stars. When they don't it is really just a few minutes. Heading back to the resort is great as it is the first stop!! Never waited long for buses to or from. I can't say enough positives about this resort!!!

When are you looking at going?

I'm going March 6 through March 11! Sunday through Friday!!! Hmmm i might just go with All Star Sports then. hmm!! Do you know if there's a good running path around that area? Pools? food court good?

Also, i checked on Google maps, that All Star Sports is just a half mile from McDonalds. Are there cheap food options there? Open 24 hours?

Why not post your question on the POP's Resort thread? Just explain you posted elsewhere but that their thread might be the most appropriate place for your question. Yes, it will be a bit like preaching to the choir (lots of POP fans) but many of us have also stayed at AS resorts and some AS lovers do frequent the POP thread as well. Think you would get more & faster responses to your question. Good luck!

Oh found it! Thank you!!!

I'm going March 6 through March 11! Sunday through Friday!!! Hmmm i might just go with All Star Sports then. hmm!! Do you know if there's a good running path around that area? Pools? food court good?

They do have a nice run path, we used to prep for the wine and dine in 2014. There are three pools, all a great, fun theming and the water is the perfect temp. We do enjoy the food, entrees are big enough to split.

We have been the McDonalds a few times, found the food a bit pricier than normal but still cheap, I am not sure if it is 24 hours.

I would most definitely pick Pop. Great food, really pretty atmosphere (the path around hourglass lake is fantastic) and the decor is super fun. I also personally feel that the upkeep of Pop is better than All Stars - cleaner, nicer, fresher, etc. Also, when it comes to the buses, Pop not only has its own bus, but it also is one of the most centrally located resorts to most of the parks making the length of each bus ride shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter