Best time to go in December?

We'll be there the 10th to the 18th this year. I have it on good authority the weather will be picture perfect that week, sunny with a high of 70 every day, with no rain.

Why? Becuase we went in September 09 and hit record heat. Then last year we were there for the record cold. So that means we're due for "JUST RIGHT". Right? Someone? Anyone???????? PLEASE??????

We were also there December 08 and it WAS picture perfect. :lovestruc

I can't take the heat, so I'd rather take a chance on the cold.

Crowds in December are not low any more. It's more of a moderate level, but FAR better than it will be from about the 20th on when the actual Christmas crowds come pouring in.........

Revisiting this thread. How was December this year?

We were there 12/2 thru 12/8 and it was AMAZING! Light crowds, beautiful weather in the high 70's to low 80's - not a drop of rain.. okay, maybe one drop, but not much at all. We went last December and experienced the cold everyone was talking about - being from Iowa we are used to the cold, but this year was much nicer... and more normal, I think! :)

My other thought was a trip covering the 9th, my youngest's 2nd birthday. Some people talk about the Pop Warner crowds, but then others say they really aren't that bad. Did you run into them this time?

We'll be there the third week in December of 2012. Hoping that going before Christmas will see a crowd lighter than the week after which is when a lot of schools are out for winter break.

Revisiting this thread. How was December this year?

We were there from 12/2 to 12/10 this year. The crowds were fine. It was more crowded than when we went in February 2009, but we never waited more than 10 to 15 minutes for rides. If the wait was longer than that, we grabbed FPs. The weather was wonderful! It was almost too hot for my oldest son and husband. High 70s...shorts and t-shirt weather. Being from Iowa, it didn't feel like Christmastime to us...it felt like summer! We went to MVMCP on Wednesday, 12/7. A cold front went through and it cooled off for the evening. It was perfect! It made it feel a lot more like Christmas for us. The party crowd was low with short lines for characters and rides. My husband didn't want to spend the $300 on party tickets, but now he admits that was one of his favorite things we did. The next day was cooler (high 60s), but by Friday, it was back to swimming weather. The first week in December this year was a great time to go for us especially since Iowa had snow and highs in the 20s that week. I'd say we picked the perfect time to go! :rotfl2:

My other thought was a trip covering the 9th, my youngest's 2nd birthday. Some people talk about the Pop Warner crowds, but then others say they really aren't that bad. Did you run into them this time?

We weren't bothered by the PW crowds at all. We saw some of them at the parks, but they weren't obnoxious or out of line. I think the key to PW is to not stay at the resorts they are staying at if you can avoid it. I think the resorts are where they cause the most problems.

I've researched December for us next year. The first week of December is fine, if you avoid MK on parade taping day. Pop Warner has minimal impact on crowds at the parks. You will only notice them if you are staying at POR or the All Stars where they normally stay. The second week of December is probably better, but the closer you get to Christmas, the higher the crowds tend to get. You also run the risk of colder weather the later you get. The week after Thanksgiving has low crowds but I don't believe the decorations at MK will be up yet (or the tree at least) until the parade taping happens.

We usually go first or second week of Dec. This year we went Nov.13-19. The first 3days were very,very hot& humid. The last 4 were great. NO RAIN!! 2012 I think the second week of dec.

We were there 12-4/12-10 and this was our best trip yet! Weather, crowds,and our room at BLT were awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter