Best shows on the Fantasy?

tukkerlove

Mouseketeer
Hi! Just looking for opinions on the 'not to miss' shows on the Fantasy. I'm currently contemplating not attending every show every night (I think that would get tiresome) but don't want to miss out on any must see's. So, looking for opinions- if you only wanted to see a show 3 of the 7 nights, which would you see?Which are the best? Aladdin? Wishes? Believe? What about the hypnotist? Consensus on what is worth it/not worth it woudl be appreciated so we cna have some pool time without worrying we are missing something great!!

FYI we were on the Dream a couple of years ago, loved The Golden Mickey's, but hated Villians, so if that gives you any idea of taste. :) We missed the other shows on board!!

I am probably a bad one to comment as I like all of the shows. It partly depends on the actors.

However, if I had to pick one NOT to miss, for me it would be wishes. I think that it just really well done, and has a lot of great scenes.

I would rate them in the following order not counting the welcome/farewell shows:

1. Wishes
2. Aladdin
3. Believe

Wishes really disappointed me.

It seemed to be geared at the late teen crowd...which is probably the least represented demographic at the shows in the first place. I just really had no connection to that show.

Alas...

It seemed to be geared at the late teen crowd...which is probably the least represented demographic at the shows in the first place. I just really had no connection to that show.

Alas...

I agree that Wishes focuses on the teen years, but it hit home to me now that the kids are becoming teens -- just as Dreams has made me cry every single time thinking about my kids growing up. I think they were considering the parents of those teens also.

Alas...

My feelings exactly. Really missed the demographic watching the show I thought. Probably like it better if we had teenage kids. Our favorite was Aladdin by far followed by Believe. The genie was great in both shows.

For our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy last year...I went with DH and my two boys thinking I was not going to get to see the shows...((eww that's girly)) after Wishes..not only were my boys and my husband on the edge of their seats loving every second... :cheer2: ...but we HAD to see every other show EVERY NIGHT!! My boys were 7 and 10 and VERY BOY! So if they loved it and were hooked by Wishes, that is the must see show... , but you will be back for the rest!! :rotfl2: I really thought the shows were great..but miss...no REALLY!! They are WORTH IT!!! Go see them..you will love them!!!

pixiedust:

xoxoxox
jaymepops :flower3:

BTW check out my videos of the Fantasy on my trip report!! ((in the trip report section!!)) much love and pixi dust

In reading a previous post..since we ending up seeing them all Aladdin was great too...but it did all start with Wishes for our family....

xoxooxox
jaymepops :flower3:

Aladdin, Believe.
I like wishes, very emotional for me even though my daughter is only 7. She preferred Aladdin.She can't stop talking about it for a long,long time.

If you were sure you did not want to see the show every night, I would skip night 1 and 7. Night one is the Welcome show and night 7 is sort-of the "see you later" show. Both are good, but all 3 original productions are much, much better.

As for the original productions, I thought Aladdin was amazing, followed by Believe and then Wishes.

The other nights will be different depending on your cruise. Someone mentioned a hypnotist, which we didn't have on our latest cruise. Highly recommend the ventriloquist if he is on your cruise. Hilarious. "Buckets and Boards" was also on our last cruise, and there was a Magic Act on our 2012 cruise. Both were good, but I could see skipping them if you wanted some evening pool time.

We just got back and there was a fantastic magic show instead of Buckets n Boards. We did not like the first show and skipped Believe because we did not like it the first time we saw it. Loved Aladdin, liked Wishes. Ventriloquist was fantastic...don't miss the family show in the Tube. My son was chosen to be the "dummy" and it was hysterical!

Lots of consensus on Aladdin, I was hoping that was one we could skip. Ugh it is sounding like we'll need to do all the nights.... :eek:

Loved Aladdin! Wishes I could have lived without and believe was very well done! I got hypnotized and this was such a awesome experience for me and for my family to watch! I got stopped all the time on the boat by other people telling me how they enjoyed the show and asking me if it was real! So don't miss Aladdin, the hypnotizing and try and see believe. My kids are 6 and 3 and sat through all the shows but go early and try to get near the front!!

For our first Disney Cruise on the Fantasy last year...I went with DH and my two boys thinking I was not going to get to see the shows...((eww that's girly)) after Wishes..not only were my boys and my husband on the edge of their seats loving every second... :cheer2: ...but we HAD to see every other show EVERY NIGHT!! My boys were 7 and 10 and VERY BOY! So if they loved it and were hooked by Wishes, that is the must see show... , but you will be back for the rest!! :rotfl2: I really thought the shows were great..but miss...no REALLY!! They are WORTH IT!!! Go see them..you will love them!!!

Same experience for me. My honey of 10yrs is a big kid at 36 and has the same attention span. Knows Lion King songs etc but not a disney music LA FREAKA!!! like I am. He could barely sit thru 10 min on the OTHER cruise line... on this one, he was there early and got us seats every night and stayed to all of it! He just tells everyone how good the entertainment is, raves about it. It's funny to watch. I'm glad he's happy! I know I was! 15 min into GM, twinkie leans over and says "I think we better start planning the next one!" My BIL stayed thru all of Mickeys too.

Not as impressed with Believe (loved the real life tinkerbell tho) but I think we would definitely go to all the new shows we hadn't seen on the next cruise and I would watch GMs again in a heart beat.

If you are on a 7 day, don't they have like some magicians or something, and on those nights, you can run around the ship?

After two cruises on the Fantasy...

1) Wishes....hands down the best show on the Fantasy, unanimous in my family of two mid-40's parents and two teens. Starts off a little slow, but is the best choreographed show we've seen in six DCL cruises. New dance numbers to different Disney movies, great vocal range of the two female leads, high energy show.

2) Aladdin....better on our most recent cruise...whoever plays the Genie makes or breaks the show. It is understandably not quite as good as the Disneyland version (given the logistical limitations), but it is worth seeing.

3) Believe....we loved 'Dreams' on the Magic and really wanted to like this show, but my wife and I agreed this was actually painful to watch on our last cruise. The character of the father is just flat. We'll probably give it one more chance as production performance can vary widely with cast changes or even just an off-night. But if you're going to miss a show, I'd pick this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter