Which resort for first no kids trip?

• POP

• POR

• CBR

• CSR

Results are only viewable after voting.

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between a few mods or maybe even a fun value for the budget and throwback to our youth...please tell me any positives of your choice for two 30 something parents who have never been on a vacation alone since our honeymoon in 1994! I did not include POFQ because it isn't included in the summer 20%off deal.

I chose POR because I know many who have stayed there and really enjoyed it and the atmosphere. I hear lots of good things about CSR too though. For a first getaway in a long time without kids, I would lean Moderate for upscale atmosphere.

That said, having stayed at POP and been to the other Values except AoA, POP is really the best of the Values. I do recommend it as a good choice (AoA looks great too, but is more pricey and probably isn't on that discount you're looking to get, plus it's hard to book since it's new).

I'd say POR - because we are planning our second "no kids" trip (we don't have kids :) ) and are going to POR and we are very excited about it ! :)

I'd say CSR because we went there for our honeymoon and it was fantastic ! Stayed in Cabanas, Waterview King (got a nice corner room) The rooms are very very nice, the decor is very sophisticated, the hard division to the vanity/washroom area is very nice, and the TV is bigger than it appears to be at POR.

Also the Resort at night is just fantastic, so VERY pretty.

The are a few places on resort, restaurant, Cabana by the lake, and pool side bar to get a drink and relax if you want, Cafe Rix was nice, and the Maya Grill was actually quite romantic and had fantastic food.

I would say it's a toss up between POR and CSR for me. I gave the edge to POR simply because I love that place so very much. It has a good lounge area, good pool par, nice long strolling paths, tranquil theming Just a very comfortable homey feel.

I voted for POR because it is just a short boat ride to DTD and has the Yeehaa Bob factor at River Roost Lounge. Have a great time!! pixiedust:

We stayed at POR and it was nice...that's the only one on your list that we'd stayed at. I selected CBR because it's an Epcot area resort and we love Epcot. I will say that my SIL and her family stayed at CSR and loved the food there. POP has a nice food court from what I've read and you can walk over to the new AoA which also is supposed to have a nice food court.

Grand Floridian is where I stay on a couples only trip. With kids yc BC for sab

Of your choices I said CSR - more "adult" ambiance - or POR if you want to have boat access to DTD which is a nice perk.

Pop is not a bad choice either - but more kids in the pools, food courts etc.

We just went for our first "no kid" trip last august. We stayed in a preferred room with a king bed. We loved it. Its a beautiful resort, and was very quiet. our dinner at Boatwrights was delicious, and Yeehaw Bobs show in the lounge was a lot of fun. We also loved the boat ride to DTD.

I do love more of a Caribbean theme, but CBR doesn't seem to have many votes so I'm not so sure about that one. Does anyone LOVE CBR?

I didn't vote in your poll but from your choices would choose POR. But many times you can do AKL for not much more which would always be my choice. The restaurants are fantastic and you can beat te view! Now that you don't have to be there for rope drop, you can have coffee and enjoy the animals. Pool and restaurant tour.....it's all so great! Price it out and see how much more. Would take cheapest room here over mod any day for adult only trip!

I do love more of a Caribbean theme, but CBR doesn't seem to have many votes so I'm not so sure about that one. Does anyone LOVE CBR?

Personally, not me. The rooms are average and your DS8 would love the pool. But first trip with no kids? Not my thing! Very much a kid hotel. I feel similarly about Pop but even it I slightly more adult. Really depends upon what you and DH want from the trip.....

Well, after looking at millions of pics and videos all day long I am now leaning toward CSR. I never really even considered it, but it is really beautiful! I definitely like the rooms better than CBR. They seem more upscale and nice. CSR is also very beautiful at night. Also if it is even slightly less crowded that is a definite plus as well. POR is also in the running, although it seems a little too much like home and I am looking for a very different feel than home.

Okay POR is starting to get really close to CSR in my poll. Can anyone who has stayed at both tell me which one you like better and why?

I voted POR as that is where my wife and I went on our solo trip w/o the kids.

However, we are planning on a trip next month and just cannot justify the additional costs over POP. I'd much rather spend the additional $$ on some nice TS meals or tours - besides - romance doesn't have to be conditional on where you're staying - I'm planning some surprises during our stay to keep the "magic" alive :hug:

I voted for Pop. Given the choice, I would rather the cheaper resort (you can request a king sized bed) and spend the extra money on a couple nice dinners.

I voted for Pop. Given the choice, I would rather the cheaper resort (you can request a king sized bed) and spend the extra money on a couple nice dinners.

I agree about staying at Pop. Some of the cons for Pop that I have seen are that the rooms are small. But that isn't an issue for a trip with just two adults. We stayed there this year on our first trip as empty nesters and had a great experience. We like the fifties building top floor facing the lake. Very nice view!

Sorry I didn't read the op... I generally would pick POR. It's my favorite mod. Fewer kids, great romantic feel.

Not on your poll -

but I would rent points and stay at AKV!

Beware - renting points and going without kids may cause you BUY DVC :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter