1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Best resort for first "no kids" trip..

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Which resort for first no kids trip?

1. POP

2. POR

3. CBR

4. CSR

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Julie711

Julie711 DIS Veteran

I agree you don't need to drive. We have stayed on the pirate rooms which are the futherest from the main area and it was a 6-8 min walk tops & I was 4 months pregnant and we had dd (3.5) age at time.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM DIS Veteran

If this is the case there is no way my dh would want to stay there. He is always hot, especially in Florida!

4. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

Well, I also found out that a king bed couldn't be guaranteed at POP, and there is no way we would sleep on anything smaller than a queen so that one is out.

5. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

Today is the day! I am going to make a decision TODAY! If I type it then I have to, right? Yep! :)

6. aimeeinohio

aimeeinohio Mouseketeer

We stayed at Caribbean beach when we went without the kids last summer.

7. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Hahaha, love it. Of course, you can always change your decision later on as well :) Buahaha :)

We booked POFQ, Switched to POR, then we ended up extending our stay .... twice :P

8. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

I can't vote or comment on your poll options as I've never been to any of them, but for me, a 'no kids' room should have 2 vital ingredients... a fridge to keep the wine cold and a balcony to drink it on :goodvibes

I lover SSR and am trying OKW in 9 days time, one of my kids will be with me and my partner, but fortunately he's 24 and will contribute to the fridge contents and drinking them lol.

9. snorkelyn

snorkelyn Mouseketeer

My husband and I are also planning an adult trip. We want to stay at Swan/Dolphin due to it's deluxe feel, close proximity to Epcot and good price point.

We also like yo eat and drink. We will have LOTS of options since we can walk to Boardwalk area, and Epcot. Plus, the boat ride also sounds much better than a bus to me!

Make sure you post once you've decided! I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering!

10. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

I will be sure to let everyone know what I choose! As far as the Swan/Dolphin, I have decided against them because of not being able to get the dining plan. This is our first onsite visit and I wanted dh to see how carefree it could be, so I plan on prepaying everything(except tips of course)!

11. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

I'll take sunsets over the lake. I really enjoy CSR.

12. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

And the winner is.....POR!!! After tons of reading and researching, I have found so many positive reviews of POR. It has everything we need at a good price, the boat to DTD(which we love), and a bit of romance! Thank you all soooooo much for your help!! I hope to someday stay at all of the resorts that we have chatted about!! :)

13. momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids DIS Veteran

Great choice.:thumbsup2 Have an awesome no kids trip!

14. ExpatDisneyLover

ExpatDisneyLover DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!!:cloud9: I loved the boat to DTD and I think they have carriage rides - very romantic - plus I've heard the beingets at POFQ next door are worth a trip over!

15. USS Disney

USS Disney Military Mouse

Congrats on your decision! What room type did you end up booking? We will be doing a "no kids" trip next week at POR for the first time as well. We booked a Royal Guest Room because we wanted to be "immersed in disney". No king bed available, but the sheer amount of disney touches in the room made us feel like we would be in the disney magic 24/7.

16. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

I would try POR. That is the one mod i want to try most. They also have a boat that goes to DTD. I just love the look of POR

17. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Have a great time. It is beautiful there.

18. BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

We are just going with the king bed. I could not decide if I liked Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend better so I think I'm just going to put in a request to be near the main building and let it be a surprise!

19. DanInMN

DanInMN Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR for the first time in January and it is beautiful!

The only negatives of our trip were:

• Every hour or so they play a music jingle in the food court and the employees are supposed to dance around. It was loud and most annoying. The employees didn't look too excited about it either!
    • When we were there I got the flu and it was a very unpleasant few days for me. I have been telling my wife that I was cheated out of my vacation, so we need to go back soon! :thumbsup2

This summer is our 20 year wedding anniversary. However, I have a new job and can't take any vacation time for the first 6 months. We will celebrate at WDW in September or October. If the right discount comes along we will be at POR!