• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best purse/ bag to carry

I just got back from my trip to WDW... I used my LL Bean Carryall Guide bag, and it was great! I loved the inside slots it had for all the park/key cards. It had a cell phone pocket. Two small outside edge pockets that held carmex, a tide stick, and a small small gel hand sanitizer. There is a larger outside zipper pocket that was perfect for my camera. The inside of the main compartment was large enough to hold sun tan lotion, a small umbrella and several other items. It is $19 and was perfect for my trip.

Just thought I would post this other option. It is much smaller than the messenger bag, but held a bunch of needed things.

I've been considering this bag so I'm glad to hear from someone who liked using it. The Donner and Baggallini are way bigger than I want to carry, especially when it's hot.

On their website, they don't show someone wearing it or other pictures of it. Does it have a big flap that covers the main compartment? I couldn't tell.

Thanks

We went last year and in AK my mother found a bag sililar to the Baggillini everyone is talking about. It is made of canvas. She has sprayed it down with water proof spray (like you use on tents) for this years trip. She has shoulder issues and this bag was not a "pain" for her.
I used a nice backpack from WDW to carry all the snacks,water bottles,wipes,sanitizer,and ponchos, but we had a stroller to lay it in so it I didn't have to actually carry it. I used a fanny pack (although they should call them belly packs) for my money and cards.
I too recommend opening all zippers, cases, etc before you get to the checkpoints at the gates.

I was just thinking about those tokidoki bags!

Now is that one for over the shoulder, or like a fanny pack?

I like the little fannypack ones that they have, but I'm not too sure if they are big enough to carry around the parks..?

Mine is a cross body style, a long strap that goes over your head and across your shoulder. It sorta molds to your hip. I've heard the cross body style referred to as a "**** slicer". :rotfl: The fanny pack ones, Canguro, are super cute. I don't have one, but have been told they hold a cell phone (in the cell phone pocket), ID, a few credit cards, chap stick, small camera, MP3 player, and a few other small items. I don't think it will hold a bottle of water. I thought it would be cute for my son to wear at Disney, but he won't carry anything more than an iPod.

I love my baggalini! i use it often. perfect for my camera cell wallet and things i need to carry for my 5 year old! :)

I'm a bag addict! I recently bought what I think will be the perfect Disney bag.:banana: It's a LeSportSac Tokidoki, the style is Corriere and the pattern is Pirata. LeSportSac is no longer selling Tokidoki, but you can find them on eBay. This is a cross body style bag.
DSC02821_edited-1.jpg

I love this bag! Can you give the measurements of it?

I just got back from my trip to WDW... I used my LL Bean Carryall Guide bag, and it was great! I loved the inside slots it had for all the park/key cards. It had a cell phone pocket. Two small outside edge pockets that held carmex, a tide stick, and a small small gel hand sanitizer. There is a larger outside zipper pocket that was perfect for my camera. The inside of the main compartment was large enough to hold sun tan lotion, a small umbrella and several other items. It is $19 and was perfect for my trip.

Just thought I would post this other option. It is much smaller than the messenger bag, but held a bunch of needed things.

I've been considering this bag so I'm glad to hear from someone who liked using it. The Donner and Baggallini are way bigger than I want to carry, especially when it's hot.

On their website, they don't show someone wearing it or other pictures of it. Does it have a big flap that covers the main compartment? I couldn't tell.

Thanks

The bag has a big outer flap. The flap has a zipper pocket that was the perfect size for my camera. The flap attaches with a plastic clip/buckle thing on the bottom of the bag. When you lift the flap, you open to the outside of the main compartment. This has 4 card holder slots, a cell phone pocket that closes with velcro, simple pocket where I held my daily index cards and a zipper pocket where I placed my money. Then there is the main big compartment that has a two zipper opening which is deep. This is where I kept sun tan lotion, small umbrella, epipen, tylenol, band aids, wet wipes, tissues and so on. The back outside of the bag has a large simple pocket. This is where I kept my park maps.

I loved the bag. It could be worn across, or just like a regular purse. The strap is adjustable.

We actually take our son's homework backpack on wheels and drag it behind us when walking and then lower it when standing in line. I can't tell you how many guests looked at us and said, "Now, that's a brilliant idea." as they were sweating bullets with something over their shoulders. It's not as pocket savvy, of course, but it sure does the job without breaking a sweat.

Just a thought.

The code should still be good, I just bought last night (I'm a bit impulsive ;)
The code I used was save10. I hope it's okay to post that on here- let me know if it works! If you register on the site you save another $2, and the shipping is free. Good luck!

Thanks for this code. I just bought a Baggallini, and the code still works!!!!

I'm all about the Overland Donner.

I love that it has pockets on the side to carry 2 bottles of water.
I love that I can sling it across my body. (I'm pooh sized so this is important)
I love that it has a zippered mesh pocket in front for my KTTW card, debit card, and any cash/change I have with me.
I love that is has a padded pocket under the flap for my cell phone

I carry my Passporter, band aids, burt's bees first aid ointment (similar in size to carmex..slightly bigger) bug spray, sunblock, cell phone, 2 bottles of water, advil/excedrin/immodium/pepto, tissues and a camera in it

Just got my baggallini today! Looks like it is going to be just what I need. Ordered the steele blue and I like it, but I really wanted the lime green. I was trying to be practial. Oh well I guess I can always use 2 of them.:flower3:

Okay, I think I am gonna break down and buy the Baggallini messanger. Now to decide... Khaki, Lime or pay a little extr and get spice.

Which do you all have...the Crinkle nylon or the Ripstop Nylon?

I just wanted to say I got my Baggalini messenger on Monday---I thought the straps were a little on the short side for me--- I am 5ft6 and a size 18 ---I would've liked it to be able to extend another 2-3 inches--- I do love how it flips from front to back super easy & the size of the bag itself seems perfect--- for $19.30 I am overall happy with my purchase. Can't wait to use it.

Okay, I think I am gonna break down and buy the Baggallini messanger. Now to decide... Khaki, Lime or pay a little extr and get spice.

Which do you all have...the Crinkle nylon or the Ripstop Nylon?

I ordered the Ripstop, mainly because I'm super clumsy and accident prone. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm excited. I got mine in red, but I liked the spice color. I really wanted pink, but I know that DH would never even hold a pink bag if I needed him to! :)

Does anyone have this bag or know if it would be big enough to hold the essentials?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter