Best Mexican at Epcot??

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
And the Mexican food at Epcot is really Mexican. Not TexMex which is why some folks find Taco Bell better.

Good point. A lot of people don't realize that there is a difference. And Taco Bell resembles nothing I've ever eaten in a restaurant. So if that is your reference point, you probably would be really shocked. Mexican cuisine can be so different from region to region. Even I you are familiar with authentic food, another region could be surprising.

Love SAI, the food was delicious and our server was the friendliest and most attentive server on our trip last year. Plus the atmosphere is amazing!

We ate at LaHacienda on a recommendation from our son and we really loved it. Loved the decor of the restaurant and thought the food was really delicious. San Angel is also good but preferred La Hacienda.

Bwahahaha! We're from San Antonio. We NEVER eat Mexican food in theme parks.

On a total side note......we honeymooned in San Antonio and it was about THE best Mexican food I've ever had. I still dream about the puffy taco! That was the stuff that dreams are made of! :love:

Okay.....back to regularly scheduled broadcasting......:thumbsup2

We went to San Angel Inn twice, and this was years ago. The first time was before my son was born, and he is going to be 15, and the second time was when he was about 4. Both times, the food was disappointing.

There are a few background points so that my comments can be put in perspective. We are real Disney fans; we belong to DVC, and have enough points that we can go 2-3 times a year, and Epcot is our favorite park, so, we have probably eaten 100 meals or more at Epcot. The second is that my husband is half-Mexican, half-Cuban, and his mom taught me to cook all kinds of hispanic dishes, so, I am familiar with Mexican/Cuban/Caribbean cuisine.

I feel that the particular dishes that we had were poorly prepared. I had a chicken mole dish (which may or may not still be on the menu). The chicken was dry and overcooked.

Also, the restaurant, at the time we went, was terribly overcrowded. It was difficult to navigate to go to the restroom (important with a 4 yo), and, of course, because it was so closely packed, people (either wait staff or other guests) were constantly bumping our chairs to get around. I would love to give the restaurant a third chance, because, quite possibly, it has improved, but, at the prices charged, I would rather eat elsewhere.

Thanks guys for all of the input!!! Maybe the only Mexican thing I will end up getting will be a margarita!!! :rotfl2:

We went to San Angel Inn twice, . . . . . I would love to give the restaurant a third chance, because, quite possibly, it has improved, but, at the prices charged, I would rather eat elsewhere.
I noticed that when La Hacienda (de San Angel) opened across the promenade, the San Angel Inn got noticeably better. So your thought about giving it another chance might well pay off for you if you're looking for something better than your previous experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter