Best Mexican at Epcot??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Mousemommy1, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I always get the Mexican restaurants mixed up...isn't there one that's better than the others? Can someone give me the rundown?? Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tiggr924

Tiggr924 Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

A lot depends on preference... La Hacienda is newer than San Angel Inn. La Hacienda is on the water, where as San Angel is the darker atmosphere with the indoor water ride. Personally I prefer the food at La Hacienda, but we haven't been at SAI in awhile since the last time we went we were really disappointed in the food and service. Hope that helps!

4. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

The atmosphere at San Angel is to die for. The food may make you wish you had.:earsboy:

5. DisneyMamato4

DisneyMamato4 Disney Obsessed!

We haven't eaten at San Angel but we ate at La Hacienda just a couple of weeks ago. One of the best meals on the trips, amazing!

6. angieruns

angieruns Earning My Ears

We ate at San Angel Inn a few weeks ago. The food was great. The service was a little slow but otherwise, it wasn't too bad. My husband had the fish tacos with the tostadas. That was so good. I had the fish veracuzana and it was very, very good. I haven't eaten at the hacienda but we were not disappointed at San Angel Inn. And it really felt like we were eating outdoors. :)

7. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

SAI without a doubt! Avoid La Hacienda TS and CS at all cost! Easily the worst food we've had at WDW. Yuck!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

8. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

Bwahahaha! We're from San Antonio. We NEVER eat Mexican food in theme parks.

9. TruBlu

Good decision! I wish we hadn't! It's sad when Taco Bell is better, because Taco Bell is pretty gross!!! :lmao:

10. tlynk

tlynk DIS Veteran

We've never eaten Mexican food at WDW either since we are from California. :goodvibes However, we LOVE Mexican food, but it is plentiful here, so I'd rather try something new! DH wants to try LH though, so maybe it will be a first for us next time around.

11. Cat0727

Cat0727 DIS Veteran

We thought San Angel was really good. I loved the free, fresh chips they give you at the beginning of the meal. My pollo a las rajas was delicious. The atmosphere is beautiful, too. We will be returning to dine there next trip.

12. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Well I find La Hacienda the best option left at World Showcase. Just ate there two weeks ago. Talapia was wonderful!

And the Mexican food at Epcot is really Mexican. Not TexMex which is why some folks find Taco Bell better.

13. thebigman65

thebigman65 "Come on Dragon....Time to go fetch Mulan!"

I prefer San Angel Inn...to me the food is not that different quality-wise between the two. I prefer the atmosphere of San Angel.

If you want to go offsite for Mexican....you should try Agave Azoul. Atmosphere if not traditional and a little busy, but the food is AWESOME!

14. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I really liked San Angel :goodvibes

15. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

La Hacienda de San Angel (remember, *both* are San Angel) is southern Mexican food, while the Inn is northern Mexico. So the styles are a bit different.

I found that I enjoy the food at La Hacienda, though I wish the menu were a little more extensive. (Not quite a fair comparison, but Latin Quarter at CityWalk has a gigantic menu.)

What I really like at La Hacienda is the service. I've gotten to know several of the servers, and they do a great job.

16. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I like them both. Would have been leaning to Hacienda but they quit accepting the Tables in Wonderland. The Inn still accepts it.

If they could get off that dining plan, it might encourage a larger menu. But that's the deal at Disney, you need to accept their dining plan to operate in their park.

17. golf4miami

golf4miami Mouseketeer

San Angel Inn used to be my favorite when they had the Duck Taco's on the appetizer menu. Ever since they took that off I've felt like it's gone downhill.

I've never eaten at La Hacienda, but I plan to on my next visit.

18. Diegosmom

Diegosmom DIS Veteran

My husband is mexican...born and raised...and we ate at the counter service place twice. He did say it wasnt the best mexican he ever had (I agreed) but then again his mom, sister and SIL are amazing cooks so the bar is set pretty high for him. But the fact that he wanted to eat there a second time should count for something...and in no way would I ever compare to Taco Bell...

Our complaints were that the chips were kind of stale and not salted and the salsa was not spicey at all but I guess many american cant handle the heat...We did love the mexican soda and DS loved the popcicles and churros...

19. TruBlu

I agree about the churros (but I think they called them churritos?). They were ring shaped & came with a caramel sauce & were fantastic!

The rest was terrible (CS). The salsa comes from a squirt dispenser like ketchup and has a very strong liquid smoke flavor. The chips tasted like they came from a bag, and the nachos were just those chips with chili poured over them. My kids just threw them away.

20. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

Seems like if that's the issue, the simplest solution would be to designate certain dishes as eligible for the dining plan, while still allowing a wider menu for the cash guest.

I suppose the issue with this is that one then gets put into the position of having to say no when the dining plan guest asks if they can have one of the other menu items instead of the designated ones.

21. Linleedo

Linleedo Mouseketeer

Love San Angel Inn. Are Margaritas considered a meal?