Best hotels under $150 near Disneyland?

We now stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel due to price, room size and location. It's less than a 10 min walk for us and that's with DH pushing a double stroller weighing approx. 65 lbs with the kids in it and our 6 year old DS walking.

That is where we are staying in October! Have you done their breakfast? I hear it's $10 per adult and a kid eats free. We normally eat on the go but thought may be nice for a morning the park opens later :)

We've stayed at Ho Jo's, Fairfield, BWPPI, Park Vue, Candy Cane Inn, Embassy Suites South, Hampton Inn & Suites. (stayed at PPH too, but out of your price range unless you go in the off season)

I've liked something about everyone of the ones we've stayed at, mostly location!! They were all clean, courteous staff, some have breakfast included, I can't speak to the parking because we never rent a car, but I know they charge for the closer hotels (with the exception of Park Vue?) Anyway, like I said, there were things we liked about all of them, and some things not so much. Unless you're uber picky, you should be good with any of those!

We are going in June, staying at Ho Jo's for the first 3 nights, going to Vegas for 2 nights, then back to DL for 4 more nights, where we are staying at the Fairfield again, mostly because I can get an awesome deal using Scorecard Reward points through my credit union, the difference is $265 when I checked for the same nights on their website directly! It's worth it, that could pay for some nice meals for us!! I had to prepay the entire amount and pay $20 (included in price quote) for a service fee, but such a great savings, no worries!! Our kids will be thrilled, we last stayed there in 2010 before the room renovations were done. Great location with McD's & Mimi's so close!

Which hotel in that price range has better pool? My kids are 16, 10, 6 and are good swimmer? Do you know if some have water slide?

Within a 5 minute drive of Disney and with a pool. The Howard Johnson looks like it has an awesome water park pool but crappy rooms.

We're local but about an hour or so away from Disney and would like to make a weekend stay out of it to feel like a real vacation :)

I have only stayed in the kids suite (twice) but I thought the rooms were fantastic. And yes, the water play area is awesome too.

We've got three little kids and staying in the 2-room kids suite at HOJO is the best hotel setup I have found for our family. I am not sure I would stay on site and DH says no way does he want all 5 of us in one small room, even if it is at the Disneyland Hotel! (Which we have also stayed at, before DD2)

Which hotel in that price range has better pool? My kids are 16, 10, 6 and are good swimmer? Do you know if some have water slide?

HOJO has a fun pirate themed water play structure that your 6 year old would probably enjoy -- there are pictures of it on their website. They do have a regular pool in another location on property as well.

The Anaheim Plaza Hotel has an olympic size pool but I don't think it has a slide or anything like that?

The Hojo's water area is a fun area, even my adult kids enjoy. They usually enjoy bringing the much younger cousins so they have an excuse to play there!

Hilton Anaheim also has a water play area, not sure if there are slides.

That is where we are staying in October! Have you done their breakfast? I hear it's $10 per adult and a kid eats free. We normally eat on the go but thought may be nice for a morning the park opens later :)

We have done the breakfast. We didn't do it on the trip we just got home from on Tuesday but we did over New Year's. The items on it were: fruit, yogurt, tortilla's, rice, beans, scrambled eggs, potatoes, French toast, pancakes, toast, croissant's, couple different cereals and I'm sure I'm missing a couple items. Even though we had 3 kids they only charged for my DH and I. Your room key (or ours did this trip anyways) said the breakfast was $11.95 but the sign in the lobby says it's $9.95 and that's what we paid. We also normally eat on the go but it is nice to sit down every now and then to eat something before you head into the parks.

We have done the breakfast. We didn't do it on the trip we just got home from on Tuesday but we did over New Year's. The items on it were: fruit, yogurt, tortilla's, rice, beans, scrambled eggs, potatoes, French toast, pancakes, toast, croissant's, couple different cereals and I'm sure I'm missing a couple items. Even though we had 3 kids they only charged for my DH and I. Your room key (or ours did this trip anyways) said the breakfast was $11.95 but the sign in the lobby says it's $9.95 and that's what we paid. We also normally eat on the go but it is nice to sit down every now and then to eat something before you head into the parks.

Sounds like a good spread and value, thanks!

Thanks everyone! I had gotten the impression about the rooms at the HoJo based on some reviews on Yelp. Glad to see it is better rated on here and on Tripadvisor. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter