• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best discount disney ever gave you?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
I was jus sitting here reminiscing about all the discounts we have seen....I remember one that was in the spring and we had free nights plus a Disney gift card offer...I think that was our best ever offer received even over free dining....what was yours do you think?

Probably 2004, the first time we took our boys, when we paid for 4 nights room & tix (prior to MYW, wasn't so cheap to add additional days), and got 3 nights room & tix free.

Regular dining plan with appetizers and gratuity! All free for 14 nights. Just pay rack rate! Loved it!! cheapest vacation ever!

Regular dining plan with appetizers and gratuity! All free for 14 nights. Just pay rack rate! Loved it!! cheapest vacation ever!

I agree. That was the best discount for us too. Oh, the memories!!! :rotfl:

Took a Disney cruise. 7 days on magic in 2001 or 2002. Got a card left in room to book another cruise ....3 night...same balconey category. Drum roll....$99 per person!
Yes we went,:cool1:

I believe ours was the buy 4 get three free and we upgraded our tix to APs with a 10% off promotion. And I believe our friends who had the AP promotion got $25 gift cards.

45% off room only bb 2009::yes::pixiedust:

Buy 4 nights, get 3 night free - the girls were small and they fell in love with Magic Kingdom and we have been going ever since.

We received free dining in 2007, 2010, and 2011 (with a pin code) and we loved it.

Summer 2011. Poly GV CL. $349.00/night. Had a 40% PIN. Oh how I wish that would happen again. The problem is even with a 40% PIN/discount it would still be much higher because the rack rates are higher. It was nice when it happened.:thumbsup2:goodvibes

had a 35% off moderates over the whole week of Xmas back in 2010! never seem to get a discount over xmas week!

I think for us the best deal was the free dining a few years ago staying at value (Pop) had the standard (1 table service) dining plan with apps & tip included. Was an awesome deal back then. Still is a decent deal even though have to upgrade it to standard. We get the min ticket required and use toward an AP/PAP. The buy 4 get 3 was a good deal too but not sure if it was as good as the free dining especially since we had to get the 7 day ticket. Oh also had 40% off a value before which was good though not as good as FD. Other than that DVC I bought several years ago has been a great deal.

It is a toss up. Buy 4 get three or the first time they offered free dining. That free dining was great... appetizers, entrees, dessert and it even included the tip!!!

Booked GF water view... got a discount (I think it was the 4/3 deal), but they were "sold out" by the time I called for our room category, so we were upgraded to RPC for free.

I know we've had some inflation, but...

In 1994 we bought the Jolly Holiday package. We stayed 5 nights at the Contemporary, had 5 day park hoppers, and the Christmas "Jolly Holiday" Dinner Show for $890.

We've also learned how to make the most of our very small DVC contract and APs. We can now take a trip (on occassion) and only pay for transportation and food.

Definitely when we booked the "old" Free Dining plan (December 2007, I believe-- right before it changed). Appetizers, entrees, desserts.... tips INCLUDED. It was our cheapest trip ever! Nothing has been able to match that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter