Best Bar at a Resort?

sweet angel said:
It was when we were there. It was all old people and very very quiet.

Quiet doesn't mean stuffy. It's not supposed to be a raccous place--if you want that then head to PI. After a day in the parks, most people do'nt want a crazy spring break atmosphere, they want a quiet place to unwind. Again, quiet doesn't mean stuffy...

Anne

sweet angel said:
Not looking to offend. Just offering my opinion.

YOU are not offending anyone! Thank you for your honest opinion. I don't care for "STUFFY" lounges either. ;)

Hi

Can someone tell me if the let children in at Jellyrolls and the Sports Bar?? Also whats the best time to get to Jellyrolls and do they serve food?
Thanks for any help! :Pinkbounc

We love the Belle Vue Lounge at the BWI and never miss it. We also enjoyed the Outer Rim at the CR before heading up the the California Grill (their bar was too crowded). Both places are very relaxing.

Jellyrolls is lots of fun, but not relaxing in the same way as the above bars. As to the questions on Jellyrolls...I don't think kids are allowed as we have always been carded there. But, we always go late and I guess it's possible they may let them in earlier in the night. I have only seen popcorn served there. ESPN allows kids.

Where is Victoria Falls? Is that the bar above Boma? We really like that bar, but I have not thought it quiet, just the opposite during dinner. Am I confused as to which bar that is?

Yes, Victoria Falls is the bar above Boma. I never said I didn't like it, just that it was quiet. Very pretty, smelled great, but quiet. JMHO.

Muddy Rivers at Port Orleans Riverside. It's poolside, and it has a nice, shaded deck.

If you stay on the monorail line, you can do what my friends refer to as the Monorail Crawl. Start at the CR's Outer Rim Lounge, proceed to the Polynesian's Tambu Lounge (bearing in mind what ducklite said: the overflow from 'Ohanas can make seating impossible), and end the evening at Mizner's Lounge, which is my favorite lounge in WDW.

Englands Disney Gang said:
Hi

Can someone tell me if the let children in at Jellyrolls and the Sports Bar?? Also whats the best time to get to Jellyrolls and do they serve food?
Thanks for any help! :Pinkbounc

Jellyrolls NEVER allows anyone under 21 for any reason, period. THe only food they serve is popcorn.

ESPN is basically a sports themed TGIF, all ages welcome.

Anne

If you're looking for quiet places, I like the Territory Lounge at WL, the Crew's Cup at YC, Martha's Vineyard at the BC, the Bellevue Room at the boardwalk.

Jellyrolls is a lot of fun, but it is loud and raucous, with the dueling pianos and singing along. ESPN is also fun, but there is constant noise from all the TVs with the different sports channels on, and at certain times (weekends I htink) they have a live DJ & therefore constant noise.

Mizner bar at GF is DH favorite. He said it is so much fun cause all the wedding couples come in and have a drink and twice he's been there where someone in the bar bought for everyone. He also once saw the "MR. Natrual Male Enhancement" guy from the commercials and he was posing for pictures with everyone. I have missed this bar everytime so in Dec. DH has said we are spending at least one night there!

I'm completely cpnvinced that Jelly Rolls is the best bar on property, but I just looked at their schedule for September and I don't see Scotty scheduled to perform. Am I the last to know that he's left me and his other fans? Please someone say it isn't so....

my votes in order:

1. lounge at california grill - great view, you can order appetizers or desert (or anything really).

2. territory lounge at WL - nice atmosphere, good snacks.

3. Jelly Rolls - this was very fun - but it is more of a whole evening activity than stopping in at a lounge when you get back to your resort.

4. Muddy Rivers at the Port Orleans Riverside - very cute and it looks like you are on the bayou.

Have fun - remember that if you have DDE, many of the resort lounges take the discount! (I know territory lounge and cal grill do)

I think Jellyrolls has a cover charge - you may not want to just drop in there unless you intend to stay awhile. I haven't been there, but I have heard that since it is not owned or run by Disney they don't take Disney resort room key charges. Bring cash or a credit card if you're going. This might have changed since I heard about it, but just in case.

I like the Territory Lounge and I've been to the indoor bar at Riverside and it looks like it might be fun at night. I liked Victoria Falls until I had issues with them taking my DDE card. If I want a drink at AKL I go to the little bar downstairs at Jiko now.

Smilin' Bob was at Mizners? Now there is a character meet & greet.

We were at Jellyrolls in august - there is a cover charge of about $10. That's why its more of an evening activity then just stopping by for a drink or snack in the evening. I can confirm that they do not take room charges (we asked) but they do take credit cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter