Best Bar at a Resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Briarmom, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Briarmom

Briarmom Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee

Which resort has the best bar? I would be leaving the kids with dh and getting away with friends. We'd like a nice bar to hang out in at our resort. All opinions welcome!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DznyLvr2005

DznyLvr2005 DIS Veteran

I liked Port Orleans Riverside bar by the pool. Nice and quiet and they make the best pina coladas!

4. twotoohappy

twotoohappy <font color=red>Lovin' Pete!<br><font color=teal>I

Jellyrolls at the boardwalk. It's a short walk from BW,BWV, BC, BCV,YC, Swan and Dolphin. Everynight it draws a great crowd and it's lots of fun! The piano men are great, sing-alongs, etc. They play anything! The bartenders dance on the bar, the servers dance on stage, everyone in the audience gets up during different parts of the night to sing/dance along with them too. We had fun doing the time-warp, the green grass grows all around, shout, etc. Lots of fun! :cool1:

5. QueenOfCelts

QueenOfCelts Mouseketeer

We think World Showcase at Epcot is the best bar in the world! Stay at a resort in the Epcot area and just walk or boat to the International Gateway (between England and France) and there you are, right in the middle of it. Lots of drinks to be had and awesome scenery.

I know that wasn't exactly the info you were looking for, so if I had to pick a lounge AT a resort........The Territory Lounge at WL. There a quite a few delicious cocktails on their menu (although they will make anything you want) and I believe the appetizer's etc. are handled by Artist Point.

Good Luck! :goodvibes

6. jackmac

jackmac Mouseketeer

I agree with the other posters, the Epcot area is the best for bars. JellyRolls is the most fun of all of the bars, ESPN is a great place to watch games (get there early for a big game). At the Yacht Club you have the Crews Cup lounge, a nice dark wood and leather seating place, next to the Yachtsman Steak House. The Beach Club has Martha's Vineyard, a very nice quiet wine bar. The Belle Vue room is another nice quiet lounge at the Boardwalk Inn. Plenty to choose from and the whole spectrum of refined to raucus. Have fun.

7. MdmMim

MdmMim <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Tambu Lounge at the Poly is our favorite! :cool1: :drinking1

8. Briarmom

I love Jellyrolls!

9. copper68

copper68 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>some people a

which resort will you be staying at?

10. MrsNick

MrsNick <font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio

I loved Victoria Falls in AKL

11. Briarmom

Don't know. Wanted to check out the bar scene before making plans!
    :teeth:

12. MissionMouse

MissionMouse DIS Veteran

If bars are your thing...the Epcot Resort area is where you should look to stay. You have the Boardwalk Resort Area (Lodging: Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club) and Epcot's World Showcase. :drinking1

If you are looking for late night bar activity you should be looking for a place around Downtown Disney. :rockband: :drinking1

13. MandaPerry

MandaPerry Mouseketeer

I got the best Bloody Mary I ever had at the Territory Lounge at WL!

Manda's Mom

14. EsmeraldaX

EsmeraldaX DIS Veteran

Victoria Falls is nice and quiet. :)

Jellyrolls is the exact opposite of quiet. :)

15. Mainestreetpixie

Mainestreetpixie Moved to the land of Mickey

For me it depends on the drink..I have a couple of faves

The Stormalong at Hurricane Hannahs at the Beach Club and the Belle View (sp?) at the Boardwalk for the Chocolate Martini's, but ONLY if Allen makes them!!

16. allie&mattsmom

allie&mattsmom Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I am Jakes favorite

I have to agreee with the above posters about the Epcot area. Ya just can't go wrong and you have so many choices. When we were at the BCV's earlier this month I enjoyed my occasional drinks by SAB. We also spent some time in Martha's Vineyard (bar/lounge at BC). It's such a nice option to have to be able to walk over to Epcot and hit some of the drink spots there or to head over to BW. There you have Jelly Rolls, ESPN Zone, and the bars at the BW resort. I love my bars too! ;)

17. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

You asked for best lounge at a RESORT.

My answers will be for RESORT lounges.

Victoria Falls at the AKL is wonderful.

The Bellevue Room at the BW is also a great place to have cocktails.

Mizners at the GF would be another great choice.

We also really like the small lounge on the backside of the Cape May Cafe at the BC, and often stop there for a nightcap.

If you want to get a bit dressed up, and take the chance of being turned away if it's busy, the bar at the California Grill is wonderful with the best wine selection in WDW, and you can order appetizers.

I would stay away from pool bars, it's quite possible they won't be open in teh evening or due to inclement weather, depending on when your trip is. I also don't like the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian for the sheer number of overflow people waiting to be seated at O'Hana.

Anne

18. roger_ramjet

roger_ramjet DIS Veteran

Tambu Lounge is great in the afternoon - the seats are comfy and the drinks are tall! Outer Rim lounge in the Contemporary is nice, too, and has good views over Bay Lake. Check out the bartender's chocolate Martini ;)

19. sweet angel

sweet angel DIS Veteran

I thought Victoria Falls at AKL was a bit too stuffy, although we did have a couple there (and it smells great!). I really liked the pool bar there though -- and the Hakuna Matatas and Mt. Killimaritas were awesome!

20. Three of our favorites,

Mizners - GF
    Crews Cup - YC/BC
    Victoria Falls - AKL

Have Fun!
    :banana:

21. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

Stuffy? Victoria Falls? Huh??

Anne