Best 5 things on your last DCL Cruise

And, while this wasn't part of the cruise itself, I really loved how much my son talked about it after we got back. For months, he asked when we were going again. He was determined to be the winner on the TV show Wipeout so he could get $50,000 and go on another cruise. Little does he know... we just booked a July 2014 Eastern on the same ship. I can't wait! :D

Yes, this is a highlight for us too. Our daughters were just 2 and 4 years old last year for the cruise. They remember so much and are so excited to go again in a month! They play "going on a cruise ship/Mickey Ship"!

Time for me to do this one.

Cruise :October 2012 Hawaii
Ship: Wonder

5. Our excursions - we had a great time at each Hawaiian port
4. Reading early on the deck (moved to #4 because of the ugly coffee-sorry I won't pay for "coffee drinks"
3. fun and games on the ship (hula classes, scavenger hunt with a family that was total strangers to start), beer class (I won the extras)
2. weather
1. relaxing with DH for 14 days and just doing our thing, with no way for his work to get in touch with him for days at a time!

Our DS(7 at the time) ate nothing but mac and cheese at dinner on our first cruise too. We also didn't argue :).

Another Mac and cheese lover in our family too:) DS was 4 on our transatlantic cruise and he ate it for 14 nights! On our last B2B, 18 nights, he branched out a bit and tried steak a few nights. On our last night he asked for chicken strips for his appetizer and Mac and cheese for dinner:rotfl2:

Cruise: B2B Bahama/Panama Canal on the Wonder

1. Going through the canal and watching from various places during the day.
2. Castaway - twice with our B2B...love, love, love.
3. My normally very quiet and nervous little boy jumping and screaming to get us picked for So You Think You Know Your Family game. Playing with a 6 year old is interesting to say the least so no we did not win but it was so much fun.
4. Our table mates, next door neighbors and new friends who we are going to visit next week.
5. The CM's who made this cruise very special.

My DS's answers:
1. The lab and computers having Plant vs. Zombies
2. room service
3. Jimmy the cruise director
4. Swimming, slide and ice cream.
5. Getting off in LA and heading to Disneyland.

5. Bartender at the Crosswinds
4. Mixology Class with Daniel
3. Pirate night with new friends
2. Room Service delivering Lemonades.
1.Meeting my best friend and then going on another cruise with him in October :-)

Best 5? Sheesh...that's like giving me 100 pieces of dark chocolate and asking me which 5 are best!!

Hmmmmm...

1. Being on the new ship for the first time.

2. Dinner at Remy's

3. Brunch at Palo

4. Seeing my daughter go nuts on the water slide

5. Watching Disney movies topside in the sun with a drink in my hand!

Ship-Dream
August 15-19th 2012, Nassau and Castaway

The best five is tough...

1. The sail away party!- My best friends and I made tye-dye shirts for embarkation day. One of the CM's noticed our shirts and when ever he saw us around the ship he called us "tye-dye."

2.Our servers- Although I don't remember their names, they were wonderful. There was no one under 12 in our party, but all four of the teenagers are picky eaters. We had kids menus on our table every night, with crayons. Our head server even folded the menus into roses for us on the fancy night. I still have mine. :)

3.Getting back on the ship after being at Nassau. Such a good feeling, lol.

4.Ice cream!- Hard to say no.

5. (This one might sound weird.) Waking up and knowing the cruise was over. All the excitement was over and THAT was when I felt like I could relax. We didn't really sleep much on the cruise, so a nap was in order. It was truly a bittersweet feeling-you don't want to leave, but you know your bed is calling for you at home! (I'm one of those people that has an attachment to their own bed- hard to sleep anywhere else.)

Disney Fantasy
Eastern
May 19th - 26th, 2012

My top 5 best things about our FANTAStic cruise :cool1:!!

1. The beds on the cruise were absolutely HEAVENLY :littleangel:!! So much so, that I researched and bought the same mattress to have at home.

2. Cruising for the second time with the wonderful, awesome, fantastic DIS friends that we met before our cruise in May 2009 <3.

3. Dining in Remy for the first time with one of the above mentioned DIS friends :).

4. Palo Brunch and Dinner with same fantastic server :).

5. Bringing DS's GF along for her first ever Disney Palooza trip :-)!! Her first plane ride to Orlando, first trip to WDW, first cruise, MORE time at WDW. She is hooked now and cannot wait for our WDW/DCL adventure next May with our DIS friends :-)!!

Disney Fantasy May 18
7 Day Eastern
Top 5 Things:
(No Specific Order)

Remy Dinner
Mixology Class
Seeing my son "star" in the Vibe Zombie movie.
Coffee on the Veranda watching the sunrise
Spending time with my family and knowing we were out of school!

Best: Magic Porthole for our Inside Stateroom on the Dream. Our 4 yr old DGD enjoyed the Disney figures flying by every hour; it was better than having a balcony!

2: being able to give a pillowcase to the Service desk and getting it back the last night autographed by all the Dis characters (we had done Disney World months before and gotten the autos by standing in line).

3: the pics on Dream that would become active when you stood in front of them.

4: the shows, enjoyable for all ages

5: the kid's water area which our DGD absolutely loved.

Ship-Dream
August 15-19th 2012, Nassau and Castaway

5. (This one might sound weird.) Waking up and knowing the cruise was over. All the excitement was over and THAT was when I felt like I could relax. We didn't really sleep much on the cruise, so a nap was in order. It was truly a bittersweet feeling-you don't want to leave, but you know your bed is calling for you at home! (I'm one of those people that has an attachment to their own bed- hard to sleep anywhere else.)

I totally get that. I love to travel and see new places, but can never really get a good night sleep until I am in my own bed.

Disney Wonder 1/31/08

1. Walking into what we thought would be the inside stateroom we booked to save money,only to see we were in one with a "secret window" (didn't "do Disboards" back then,so I was "winging it!")

2. Booked a 4d sea/3 day land because my wife wasn't sure how she'd like cruising...only to watch her realize "oh yeaaah...I'm loving this" before we even hit the end of day 1 !

3. The pure joy and delight on our daughter's faces,even if they were "too young" to remember much...DD1 turned 5 on board and DD2 was an infant, but in awe of any character. DD1 not wanting to leave the kids club!

4. Waking up early and heading up to the top deck with a cup of hot coffee and a sun rise all to "myself"

5. Parasailing over CC .. beautiful,sunny day. The quiet was enrobing and nothing short of bliss...

Sooooo happy we'll be on Fantasy 10/19 !!

7 Day(1st Time Cruise) Western Caribbean Cruise July 2009 on the Magic
1. The Boat!!! We loved it
2.Best Wait Staff and Room Steward ever
3.My teenage kids( cruise was to celebrate my DD's HS graduation) having an awesome time
4. The FOOD was great!!!
5. Free float at CC(one family with young children were going back to the ship early and let us have it)

I totally get that. I love to travel and see new places, but can never really get a good night sleep until I am in my own bed.

Me too! I had a blast on the cruise but could not sleep. I thought maybe it was because it was too short and we never really got acclimated.

Ship: Fantasy
Dates: June 1st-8th, 2013/Eastern Caribbean

1. Floating around Magen's Bay in St. Thomas
2. Tequila and Rum tastings
3. Jet skiing in St. Maarten
4. Daily visits with our stateroom host
5. Date nights with DH while the kids were happily enjoying their areas of the ship

Looking so forward to repeating this trip (minus St. Maarten port) for our 20th anniversary next year!

Love this thread!!!

Wonder Pixar pacific coast cruise 10/07/12-10/14/12
(In no particular order)

1. Palo dinner & brunch
2. Breathing the Disney air whenever the ship arrived into a new port. Loved taking pix as we arrived. One of the best moments was when the ship sailed underneath the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco as the sun was rising.
3. Watching my DD who was 5 enjoy each character and princess meet n greet for photos and autographs.
4. The fooooood! Yummmm!
5. The overall service across the board. We went with another family whose mother is one of my closest friends. When we got off the ship, we almost cried and exclaimed, "Best vacation ever!!!" So sad to leave. We did book the next cruise while onboard.

Fantasy western caribbean 6/22/13-6/29/13
Also in no particular order
1. Amazed how huge, majestic, & gorgeous Fantasy was! Overwhelmed actually!
2. Palo was amazing!!!! Ate brunch twice & dinner once. I still haven't lost the weight I gained from the 1st cruise and I still need to lose the weight I gained from this one.
3. Love the variety of restaurants and choices throughout the day. Loved Enchanted Garden in the Teacup Booths for breakfast. Was more relaxed & less crowded than Cabanas.
4. Joined a fish extender group. So cool when we got back to the cabin & saw surprises waiting. My DD and I had fun distributing the gifts!
5. Our room was awesome!!!! We had the family ocean view stateroom with the huge porthole with built-in bench. We also have a 2 year old and didn't want a verandah.

BTW, we joined Disney Vacation Club on thus cruise!!!

October 20, 2012: Disney Fantasy

1. Getting engaged in Lookout after a very tricky series of events planned by my sweetheart.

2. Palo brunch and dinner. In no particular order! They were both so awesome for such different reasons!

3. Making friends for life with our table mates!

4. Fireworks at sea... Melts my heart every time!!

5. Hurricane Sandy. It was horrible and I've never been so scared in my whole life. That being said... Watching those outrageous swells late at night from our veranda is something I will never forget for as long as I live. I don't want to do it again, but I'm actually glad I got to go through it. Castaway Cay will be there next year, but that storm was once in a lifetime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter