Benefits to Online Checkin

Really? I wonder why I can't get in. I even emailed Disney as a problem report. Crazy...:mad:

That is strange, how annoying! Have you heard back from them yet? I shouldn't ask this because I'm sure you were doing everything right, but you're sure you have your correct reservation number and all that?

I used online check-in last Friday without any issues. Not arriving at BC until about 6pm Nov. 1 so hoping for a super-fast check-in then off to HS EMH!

:scared1:

I am scared after reading this thread! This will be our first time at checking in for a Disney property. I already decided we won't do the check in online but I thought customer service at Disney was supposed to be exceptional. :worried:

I love online check-in. Last May, I walked right up to the counter, no wait, I was the only one there. I showed my ID and we were on our way to our room, which was ready at noon, in five minutes. I made my room requests when I originally booked, called a couple of days before our arrival just to confirm requests, and was given two out of my three.

I am scared after reading this thread! This will be our first time at checking in for a Disney property. I already decided we won't do the check in online but I thought customer service at Disney was supposed to be exceptional. :worried:

Most of the time customer service is exceptional. It used to be exceptional 100% of the time.

I have found, for whatever reason, the CMs working at the check-in counter haven't been the friendliest. But for the most part customer service is exceptional.

Define "exceptional"....for every horror story in this thread about on line check in I have read 2-3 posts from other folks in various threads stating they had no issues with on line check in.

In my opinion any business that offers "exceptional" services is going to have instances where they fall on their face and disappoint customers. The majority of the posts I have read about Disney's customer service is generally favorable and some feedback is extremely positive.

We are two adults (friends) going to CSR Nov 10. We want our own credit cards associated with our KTTW card. I've done it before when I traveled with my brother so I know it's not big deal. But I'm thinking that might negate the idea of online checkin when I already know that they will have to redo a KTTW with a different CC.
Any thoughts on this? Or no big deal do, online anyway????

thanks!!!
Liz:):)

I'm not sure if this makes me feel good about trying the online check in or anxious. My best friend is a travel agent who specializes in Disney World. We agreed to be her guinea pig next week to try out the online check process before she suggests it for any of her regular clients. I guess I'll have to wait and see how this all works out for us.

I've used it twice now, both times at BCV and had issues. Ive given all parties names when making the ressie but when I do online check in I'm the only one there with no option to add more. So I still had to go through telling the other 6 guests names, which were children/adults, had charging privilege, etc. Both times I've been asked for a credit card when I had entered it online, I don't remember the reason the first time but last week I was told that "it hadn't come down." The first time I used the special line since no one was in it but this past week there was someone there so I went to a regular line.

I still think it is a good thing, it just may need tweaking still. I'll be back in Dec and won't be at BCV so I'll get to try elsewhere.

We did online check in at CSR last week. There was a separate line for it, and it was twice as long as the regular check in line. Plus, it had fewer CMs working it so it was very slow. The check in process itself didn't seem to take any less time than normal check-in did last year. I definitely wouldn't bother doing it again.

This is the same thing that happened at CSR Sept 26th. Thankfully, I had not done online check in and was so glad I didn't. The line for online checkins was sooo much longer than the regular check in line. In the regular check in line I was the second in line, but the online check in had about 15 people in it. I would rather talk face to face with a CM about room assignments or whatever.

Online check in has the benefit of having it's own line that is much shorter when you are checking in. The regular line when checking in at Pop a couple of weeks ago had about 8 people, whereas we walked right up to the online check in CM. I still got to request my room, and asked if we could have a room in the 60's as close to Classic Hall as possible. They were able to give me the room I wanted, but I don't know if that was my originally assigned room or not. Online check in is the way to go though, 100%. :goodvibes

See my above post. At CSR the online check in line was MUCH longer than the regular check in line. I used the regular check in line and was finished way before most of the online check in line had even gotten close to seeing a CM.

I did online checkin for my trip to WL last week. There was a totally separate line for online checkin and the whole process only took about 5 minutes. We were also upgraded from standard view to courtyard view, so upgrades can still happen with online checkin.

Was it an upgrade you asked for and paid for, or just "dusted" to you? :goodvibes

Q for anyone:
And if you online check-in but actually want to see if any upgrades were available for purchase at the time, would you be better off just checking in in the normal line? OR still do online check-in? ;) I'll be happy in my garden view in a few weeks because we'll only be at WDW for 2 days prior to the cruise and didn't want to soak all our $ into a view we couldn't enjoy in that short of time... buuuut, if one is available for not too much, I might try.

That is strange, how annoying! Have you heard back from them yet? I shouldn't ask this because I'm sure you were doing everything right, but you're sure you have your correct reservation number and all that?

No, i have not heard back from them yet. I did double check the ressie number and all.....the only thing is, we booked through an online travel agent (small world vacations) and she sent me a different link ...http://www.mydisneyreservation.com/guest*

so I went to that, and it loaded my reservation but there was no button or anything on the screen that allowed me to continue with online check in. Very odd.

We are staying at the poly, and to be honest, we have never waited for more then 5 minutes to check in, so i think i'll just do check in there. the CMs have always been so polite there, we have never had a problem. It almost sounds like the online check in line might be bigger then the regular line anyways LOL :rotfl:

...I've never had to wait on line for any longer than 5 minutes for any regular check in stay I've had in WDW resorts and I've been going there since '71. I'd rather go one on one with the CM regarding my room....sometimes you can even sweet talk your way into an upgrade...

I'm with you on this as after reading through this and similar threads I was flabbergasted at how many talk about these long lines to check in???:confused3 I can't ever remember any waiting at all to check in and like you we've been going for years?:wizard:

I hope this isn't a sign of customer service to come!

When person to person contact is taken out or minimized a decrease in customer service will always be the result!

The lower the resort and the later in the day, the longer the lines. I have never waited at OKW or BCV for more than 1-2 people in front of me if I'm checking in during the afternoon, if we get there before noon I usually walk right up. But I have never seen a moderate or value that didn't have a line that gets longer the later we have arrived in the afternoon.

OMG!!! That's horrible!! Just so that doesn't happen to us on our trip in February 2010, does any know if there is some way of verifying whether of not your KTW has been activiated properly?...before getting all the way to the theme park?? We're only going to be at WDW for two days (to go to Animal Kingdom) and don't have time for those kind of mistakes>

We've had this happen but they just pulled us aside took us somewhere :confused3 can't remember where and it just took a couple of extra minutes. As long as nothing has changed, it really isn't anything to worry about.

Worst thing we ever was on the first day left three of our cards in the rooms, thinking "we only need one card to get back into the room, one card to charge things - why would we take four and take the chance of losing one?"
Didn't realize our stupidity until we were halfway to MK, then had to turn around wait for the bus and go alllll the way back to the room and then wait for the bus again allll the way back again to MK. Not a good start.

when doing on line check in, is there a spot to add or type in your room "requests"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter