• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bella’s Very Merry WISH-mas Party ~ 10 Days of Dreams Come True MAW/GKTW Dec 3-10

I'm sorry to hear about Bella's recent problems and will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping the appt goes well and relatively stress-free for you today! Enjoy your lock-in and I hope you get at least some time to relax over the weekend. :hug:
The lock in was fun! We danced all night and enjoyed acting goofy. 150 Girl Scouts and 50 troop leaders = great time!
That's just very distressing news! I"m really sorry to hear that she might have the g-tube in again. I know that would be so very disappointing!

I'll really be praying as you have those meetings today!! That's really important to keep! My sons were on growth hormone for a very long time, and every year, it was the same thing. Do they qualify? Will we have benefits??
I hope the HGH helped your sons. I know that is an expensive and painful process for little ones to go through.
Stephanie, I am sorry to hear about Bella's increased difficulties and will be keeping her in my thughts for no G-tube and also that your meeting goes well today. We all no how important that insurance is. I hope you have a little time to relax this weekend and you enjoy your time with the kids. :hug:
I'm relaxing right now! Took a hot bath and did a little reading. And I had so much fun with the girls last night while poor DH was stuck home doing laundry - No Boys Allowed! LOL
thats awesome that she doesn't have a feed tube anymore! I hope the insurance stuff goes well. My dad is in the process of getting me extra medical insurance, too.
I hope your dad is able to get a secondary insurance policy for you. Medical stuff can be really expensive!
Stefani-

Loved all your US updates. Sorry Bella got sick. How funny that Bella didn't want her picture taken because she had a mis-matched outfit on. Too funny. Loved the chart of everyone's likes too.

She didn't miss a beat when she woke up from dinner and asked about the party. Smart as a whip huh? :goodvibes

I hope everything goes well with your insurance meeting. :wizard:
Bella is very picky about how she looks in pictures. She went through a phase last year where she would only take a good picture for me if she had a bow in her hair. I figured it was her wish trip and I wasn't going to force her to take pictures if she was embarassed about her outfit.

Praying for Bella right now!! :goodvibes
:love:
sending prayers your way for Bella and that the insurance rep understands how much you need the secondary insurance and Bella qualifies.

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. Our meeting yesterday went as well as could be expected. The rep told me that while she was reviewing Bella's case (before she arrived) based on last year's information, she was almost certain Bella wouldn't qualify. However, Bella has had 4 new diagnoses this year as well as 1 more hospitalization and now the possibility of a g-tube in the future. As a 5 year old, Bella would be borderline for qualifying. But since she is so close to 6, the representative said she was going to recommend the committee review her as a 6 year old. That is good news for us, but nothing will be decided for several more weeks. Now we just sit and wait for a letter in the mail approving or denying coverage.

As for Bella herself, we have now started her on the third medication. She has had just one dose, but the numbers are consistent with what they've been with the other meds. We need to give it a couple more days to see if there is any effect. Meals continue to be a struggle. We have appointments with doctors on the 1st and 8th of February to discuss options with GI and Endocrinology.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers! I'm off to work on the Pirates and Princess Party installment of my TR!

Princess Bella had just finished catching her 40 winks as we dined in the Gingerbread House at GKTW. She awoke asking if we had missed the Pirates and Princesses Party. All day long she had eagerly awaited her opportunity to slip on her beautiful Cinderella dress and dance the night away so she was understandably worried that she may have slept through it. Fortunately, she had not as it was just about to begin!

Princess Bella with Prince Daddy at her side, Princess Kennedy and Yet Undecided AJ skipped down the Avenue of Angels and headed straight for Julie’s Safari Theater.

18941_385454425310_791745310_10166753_1125425_n.jpg

Upon entering, Princesses were directed to the left and Pirates to the right. AJ was unsure that she wanted to be a girly girl princess but also had little desire to wear an eye patch and sing “Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho.” She started by drawing a pirate map.

18941_385454485310_791745310_10166761_5816020_n.jpg

Bella and Kennedy headed straight for the make up station where two wonderful GKTW Angels applied moderate amounts of make up to please the princesses.
18941_385454430310_791745310_10166754_7628947_n.jpg
18941_385454475310_791745310_10166760_7209723_n.jpg

18941_385454445310_791745310_10166757_1783050_n.jpg

18941_385454490310_791745310_10166762_4182134_n.jpg

18941_385454450310_791745310_10166758_1652930_n.jpg
My little girls are so easily delighted with a little bit of blush and eye shadow!

After makeovers, the Princesses selected a purse, jewelry, and other treasures.
18941_385454470310_791745310_10166759_877762_n.jpg

As we entered the main portion of the theater, we were stopped by a GKTW Angel who asked the girls to declare themselves either a Pirate or Princess. Bella was first, and confidently affirmed our belief that she is truly a Princess as she received this certificate.
18941_385454515310_791745310_10166765_7219983_n.jpg

Kennedy followed, stating matter-of-factly her royal status and also received a certificate.
18941_385454535310_791745310_10166767_2958280_n.jpg

AJ was last, and tried to slip by unnoticed. However, the Angel playfully refused admittance without a declaration and AJ finally relented – bringing my total princess count to 3.
18941_385454525310_791745310_10166766_1374646_n.jpg

Julie’s Safari Theater has a open floor area which had served as toyland during the previous evening’s Christmas festivities. This evening, it was a dance floor full of Characters from Sea World and Give Kids the World all dressed up as Pirates or Princesses!

Kennedy, Bella, and I danced with Dolly Dolphin
18941_385454555310_791745310_10166768_5854545_n.jpg

17441_433518760310_791745310_10628612_6719941_n.jpg

And were tickled to see Miss Merry dressed as a Princess
18941_385454565310_791745310_10166769_2606012_n.jpg

Mayor Clayton was a Pirate (a friendly one of course)

18941_385454585310_791745310_10166771_1563749_n.jpg

We spent a little time dancing and mingling with the characters. Before we knew it, we had to say Good bye to Shamu and his friends because it was time for the coronation ceremony.

18941_385454595310_791745310_10166773_3405524_n.jpg

All princesses were asked to line up on the left and pirates to the right. Kennedy and Bella, of course, headed straight to the front of the line on the left.
18941_385454590310_791745310_10166772_4428076_n.jpg

AJ lingered . . . and then proclaimed the entire process ‘too babyish’ for a big pre-teen girl like her! Sheesh . . . they really grow up too fast.

So AJ, DH, DGma, and I watched as Kennedy received her tiara and was deemed Princess Kennedy.
18941_385454610310_791745310_10166775_6404297_n.jpg

Isabella then proudly removed her Cinderella crown so it could be replaced with a newer, pinker, fuzzier tiara as she was crowned “Princess Bella.”
18941_385454620310_791745310_10166777_213409_n.jpg

The two sisters joined other princesses on stage while the crowd celebrated their coronation.
18941_385454625310_791745310_10166778_1030230_n.jpg

Many other Princesses were crowned and Pirates received their eyepatch and sword. At one point, I noticed that AJ had joined the Pirates line. Hmmm . . . I think she wanted one of the inflatable Pirate swords. Several moments later, she was standing next to me again, having apparently changed her mind when she saw that new pirates were being asked to say “Arrrrrrgggh!” before receiving their loot.

We continued to watch the coronation ceremony. As the lines were starting to whittle down to the last few Pirates and Princesses, I experienced a little magic of my own. AJ decided she wanted to be a Princess after all. My heart nearly burst with joy as she joined the end of the line.
18941_385454645310_791745310_10166780_4412662_n.jpg

The same daughter who, at the tender age of 5, lost a bit of her childhood innocence as she witnessed the life and death struggle of her own baby sister. The same daughter who wouldn’t be caught dead as a princess in front of her friends. The same daughter who for the past 5 years has learned how to be a mother, nurse, and teacher as she helped me tend to the special needs of her sister. AJ has grown up too quickly and we rarely see the ‘kid’ in her anymore. I was teary-eyed as I watched AJ rediscover the little princess insider her as she proudly accepted her tiara and “Princess AJ” title.

18941_385454655310_791745310_10166781_6883936_n.jpg

The entire crowd erupted in applause as the new Pirates and Princesses were presented.

18941_385454685310_791745310_10166785_8021384_n.jpg

18941_385454695310_791745310_10166786_5739443_n.jpg

18941_385454705310_791745310_10166787_3372039_n.jpg

The wonderful, magical, GKTW Pirates and Princesses Party was over and we headed back to our villa to tuck the Princesses into bed. All 3 of them.

Having not eaten much at dinner, I was still quite hungry so we ordered pizzas. They were quickly delivered, piping hot, directly to our villa. I’m a plain jane kinda girl, so I went with sausage only. DH and DGMa tried the supreme. We all thought it was pretty good, but a little dry. Note to self: next time ask for extra sauce.

Hoping to get an early start tomorrow morning, we headed to bed after some light cleaning, laundry, and a quick once-over of tomorrow’s touring plans!

You made ME teary-eyed reading about AJs indecision. Isn't it funny how the little things mean so much? It looked like a fun night! I wonder which one Tessa would choose? She's loved pirates for a long time. ARGHHHH! :lmao:

Ok.

You made me cry.

Bless AJ! Precious child.

Your daughters are beautiful and I love that you guys enjoyed the party so much!! :)

That is the second GREAT review I have seen of the party - looks like you guys had a blast!

You had me all teary-eyed as well reading about AJ deciding to be a princess along with her sisters! So sweet! It looks like they all had a marvelous time at the Princess/Pirate Party!! :goodvibes

Hey that looked like fun! For some reason they had the party outside when we went the next week.................and it was way too chilly for us:( I never saw the characters................wonder where they were??

Yay for AJ:yay: I am having similar feelings/experiences with my Olivia. She is so torn between being a little girl and being all grown up. When we went to see the princesses/fairies (which she, thankfully, requested) I could see the 'little girl' in her eyes as she spoke with/hugged/had px taken with them. Brought tears to my eyes too:)

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread/php?t=3256739

I am so glad AJ decided to join in the princess ceremony! She seems like a great big sister and you had me teary eyed too! I am so glad that Bella woke up in time for the party although I am sure you would have woken her but so much better when they wake up on their own!

You made ME teary-eyed reading about AJs indecision. Isn't it funny how the little things mean so much? It looked like a fun night! I wonder which one Tessa would choose? She's loved pirates for a long time. ARGHHHH! :lmao:
It was such a special moment for me, as her mom, to see her acting like a little girl again. We experienced it several times while on this trip and it will forever be one of my fondest memories.

It was a lot of fun and I think Tessa and Phoebe would enjoy it.

Ok.

You made me cry.

Bless AJ! Precious child.

Your daughters are beautiful and I love that you guys enjoyed the party so much!! :)

That is the second GREAT review I have seen of the party - looks like you guys had a blast!
Maroo! You're here! I sure missed you lately! Welcome back!

I cried too when she was being crowned. And then again while I was writing this portion of the TR. And then again while I was proofreading it. :rotfl2:

The party was a LOT of fun. I think they may have had some outside stuff going on too but I am thinking we skipped it because it was too cold outside as I have no photos anything other than the party indoors.

Just found your trip report and I love reading about your family's trip. Subbing!
:welcome: I am so glad you found me and thrilled that you are enjoying my trip report. Feel free to chime in anytime!
You had me all teary-eyed as well reading about AJ deciding to be a princess along with her sisters! So sweet! It looks like they all had a marvelous time at the Princess/Pirate Party!! :goodvibes
I was teary-eyed a lot during this trip and I hope you won't be mad at me if my recollections of teary-eyed moments make you teary-eyed as well. Kennedy calls them my happy tears and I had plenty to go around on this Wish Trip!
Hey that looked like fun! For some reason they had the party outside when we went the next week.................and it was way too chilly for us:( I never saw the characters................wonder where they were??

Yay for AJ:yay: I am having similar feelings/experiences with my Olivia. She is so torn between being a little girl and being all grown up. When we went to see the princesses/fairies (which she, thankfully, requested) I could see the 'little girl' in her eyes as she spoke with/hugged/had px taken with them. Brought tears to my eyes too:)

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread/php?t=3256739
Awwww . . . I'm sorry you guys missed it. We truly enjoyed it and were so happy it was inside because it was chilly that evening for us as well. I think they may have had some stuff outside still, but we must have skipped it entirely (likely because of the cold) because I have no photos of it. I think all of the characters were inside Julie's Safari Theater.

How old is Olivia? AJ has always seemed mature for her years but the last two years particularly, she seems like she is in a hurry to grow up. Her 9th birthday was especially difficult for me. I looked at DH and cried because I realized we were officially "halfway done" with AJ. :rotfl2:

I am so glad AJ decided to join in the princess ceremony! She seems like a great big sister and you had me teary eyed too! I am so glad that Bella woke up in time for the party although I am sure you would have woken her but so much better when they wake up on their own!

Me too! She is an amazing big sister. From day 1 she wanted to take care of her sisters any way she could. I have photos of AJ, at 5 years old, tube feeding baby Isabella.

Bella would have likely woken up on her own, but she may have missed the best part of the party. After eating, she likes to sleep off her blood sugar spike as it makes her miserable. It ususally takes about an hour or so.

Halfway done:eek: Olivia will be 10 in March. Excuse me now while I shed a few tears :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: (ok ok.....so more than a few)

Halfway done:eek: Olivia will be 10 in March. Excuse me now while I shed a few tears :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: (ok ok.....so more than a few)

Of course, we'll never *really* be done parenting, will we? AJ turns 11 :eek: in March (on the 2nd). 9 was difficult for me because we were 'halfway done'. 10 was hard because it was double digits. 11, well that's over half way to over the legal age. :lmao: Twelve is her last official pre-teen bday, and thirteen . . . . well, I'm sure I will have run out of tears by then, right? :confused3 I don't know how I'll survive the next few years . . . . :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: Tears for me too! :rotfl2: I think I'll go peek at some really old (like 10 years old) photos before I go to bed.

The pirate and princess party looked fun! (and im 18? your oldest daughter is more mature than me LOL) I totally read your last update wrong and thought bella got rid of her tube, not considering her getting a new one! I hope she doesn't need one, especially after working so hard at eating.

I'm still praying that the new med works for Bella and gets things under control. Also keeping you in my thoughts on the insurance front! I can't imagine having to deal with that, simply because I haven't had to..one of the only upsides of being broke!

I think you made everyone (including me) teary eyed with that update! I'm so glad you were able to see some of the little girl left in her on your trip. I had never even thought of 9 being halfway to 18 until you said that! You know what's going to be running through my head on her birthday now, don't you?? Evil..you're just evil! :lmao: On a more serious note..*ahem* I don't think it's possible to run out of tears, because heaven knows I (and prob most everyone else in our situation) would have run out a long time ago! And I think you just sold us on making the Pirates & Princess party while we're there. It's funny..a few months ago I would have told you Piper would NEVER be caught dead dressing as a Princess, and in our planning and the excitement of WDW and GKTW, it's like her internal clock has totally rewound..so I understand completely what you mean about AJ! Sometimes our kids just grow up too fast with everything going on around them medically-speaking. I know some of the memories I will cherish the most from our trip will be those turn back moments for Piper. Oh geez..see..you made me teary again..and I had stopped! :hug:

so cute to see another event that give kids the world does, each time they continue to amaze me, i really want to volunteer there next trip. and AJ being a princess was wonderful

The pirate and princess party looked fun! (and im 18? your oldest daughter is more mature than me LOL) I totally read your last update wrong and thought bella got rid of her tube, not considering her getting a new one! I hope she doesn't need one, especially after working so hard at eating.
Did you go to the Pirates and Princess Party?

Bella was tube fed for the first 4 years of her life. The tube was removed in October of 2008 after Bella spent an entire summer in a hospital learning how to eat. She was so proud that day. Unfortunately, these new medical issues occurred after the tube was already removed. We are praying one of these medications can control her blood glucose so she can feel better and not need the tube to supplement her caloric intake.

I'm still praying that the new med works for Bella and gets things under control. Also keeping you in my thoughts on the insurance front! I can't imagine having to deal with that, simply because I haven't had to..one of the only upsides of being broke!

I think you made everyone (including me) teary eyed with that update! I'm so glad you were able to see some of the little girl left in her on your trip. I had never even thought of 9 being halfway to 18 until you said that! You know what's going to be running through my head on her birthday now, don't you?? Evil..you're just evil! :lmao: On a more serious note..*ahem* I don't think it's possible to run out of tears, because heaven knows I (and prob most everyone else in our situation) would have run out a long time ago! And I think you just sold us on making the Pirates & Princess party while we're there. It's funny..a few months ago I would have told you Piper would NEVER be caught dead dressing as a Princess, and in our planning and the excitement of WDW and GKTW, it's like her internal clock has totally rewound..so I understand completely what you mean about AJ! Sometimes our kids just grow up too fast with everything going on around them medically-speaking. I know some of the memories I will cherish the most from our trip will be those turn back moments for Piper. Oh geez..see..you made me teary again..and I had stopped! :hug:
Thank you for your prayers. What's really sad about this situation is that if the medication works and Bella is significantly better next year, there is no way she will qualify and those same medications would be virtually impossible for us to pay for out of pocket. Ugh - its a vicious cycle.

Sooooooo sorry about the tear jerking installment. But you know what they say - misery loves company. :rotfl2: Hello company! On AJ's 9th birthday, that was kind of a :idea: lightbult moment for me. At first, it was a little funny like 'woo hoo - we made it halfway with this kid and haven't killed eachother (or her) yet!" and then I burst out crying after I realized just how quickly the past 9 years had goen. :sad1: I'm glad your Wish Trip planning is already starting to rewind Piper's internal clock.

I don't think I'll ever run out of tears either, but I'd much rather shed the happy ones than the sad.

so cute to see another event that give kids the world does, each time they continue to amaze me, i really want to volunteer there next trip. and AJ being a princess was wonderful

It would be a wonderful place to volunteer. GKTW relies heavily on volunteer "Angels" and I am certain they would appreciate your assistance.

I was teary-eyed a lot during this trip and I hope you won't be mad at me if my recollections of teary-eyed moments make you teary-eyed as well. Kennedy calls them my happy tears and I had plenty to go around on this Wish Trip!

I'm not mad at you at all!! I love the sentimental moments!! :goodvibes That's what making memories are all about! I'm a very sensitive/emotional person so I tend to cry A LOT!! Happy or sad!!

Am enjoying your trip report StefaniLyn, it's very well written.

Your girls are so beautiful and you sound like such a fantastic Mom :goodvibes

I really appreciate your wonderful family. Really you guys are amazing. Each one of your girls is special beyond words. I really enjoyed hearing about Aj becoming a child again. I know how hard it is to watch your baby sister go through something so heart breaking. I was in my teenage years when it happened to my family. It breaks my heart to hear about a girl so young not experiencing childhood to it's fullest... But VERY heart-warming to see her inner child emerge again!!:cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie: Your daughters are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Now I understand the the "teary-eyed" posts were all about. You got me. I don't leak very often (not THAT kind, the crying kind; the other kind happens too often anymore), but I really got a bit emotional reading about AJ and her caving to her inner-child. I'll bet she was thinking she was being baby-ish, but doing something like can actually HELP us grow up. That may sound weird or backwards, but really learning to let loose the child takes courage and freedom. Good for her.

:yay:

Glad you got to bed early (after pizza!!! :woohoo:) for an early start in the morning!

I'm not mad at you at all!! I love the sentimental moments!! :goodvibes That's what making memories are all about! I'm a very sensitive/emotional person so I tend to cry A LOT!! Happy or sad!!
I am also a very emotional person and it drives me nuts that I can't control my tears. DH thinks it's funny that movies, commercials, and even Trip Reports can easily make me cry. In fact, I had to give DH a good kick in the shins the other day when he made me watch Ladder 49 with him.
Am enjoying your trip report StefaniLyn, it's very well written.

Your girls are so beautiful and you sound like such a fantastic Mom :goodvibes
Thank you. It's wonderful to hear that you are enjoying my trip report.

I'm glad I make myself sound like a good mom. :rotfl2: I would only hope that my daughter's version would do the same!

I really appreciate your wonderful family. Really you guys are amazing. Each one of your girls is special beyond words. I really enjoyed hearing about Aj becoming a child again. I know how hard it is to watch your baby sister go through something so heart breaking. I was in my teenage years when it happened to my family. It breaks my heart to hear about a girl so young not experiencing childhood to it's fullest... But VERY heart-warming to see her inner child emerge again!!:cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie: Your daughters are beautiful! Keep up the good work!
ok, see now you made ME teary-eyed! Thank you so much for your kind words.

You are an incredibly strong and intelligent young lady and I continue to be amazed by your dedication to your family and siblings. You seem wise beyong your own years, and I sincerely hope that you also discover your inner child every once in a while too!

Now I understand the the "teary-eyed" posts were all about. You got me. I don't leak very often (not THAT kind, the crying kind; the other kind happens too often anymore), but I really got a bit emotional reading about AJ and her caving to her inner-child. I'll bet she was thinking she was being baby-ish, but doing something like can actually HELP us grow up. That may sound weird or backwards, but really learning to let loose the child takes courage and freedom. Good for her.

:yay:

Glad you got to bed early (after pizza!!! :woohoo:) for an early start in the morning!
What you said actually does make sense. This school year has been a struggle for AJ socially as she tries to follow in the footsteps of the 'popular' kids while trying to maintain her own personality. Her decision to do something that may not have been viewed by her peers as "cool" shows me that she is mature enough to make decisions based on what she wants and not what she thinks her friends will want her to do. In other words, if all of her friends jumped off a bridge, I feel confident that AJ wouldn't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter