Being Overweight and riding RNRC

mansionterror

DIS Veteran
DH and I have never ridden this ride...partly because I am afraid I won't "fit" and will be embarrased. I read somewhere else that DW is supposed to be ride friendly for people of all shapes and sized. I am not huge by any means...weigh 230 (however I have a large "upper area" and carry most of my weight in the front) Anyone here fit my description and have ridden RCRC w/o trouble?

I am a voluptuous :teeth: 235 and I rode RNRC on our trip 3 weeks ago with no problem at all, I found all rides at Disney to be comfortable, with the exception of the Dinosour ride at AK, I fit but the edges of the seat were digging into my hips during the bumpier parts, but I carry most of my weight around my hips so others of the same weight but purportioned differently may not have that problem.

Hi, I am glad you have joined the DIS and feel free to post a question.
I do not know how tall you are and everyone carries their weight differently, but although I weigh a little less, I am VERY busty. I had no problem on RNRC
I don't even remember feeling like I had to squeeze in. I have ridden with other overweight adults and we did not feel crammed. I know people who have ridden the ride and are more pooh sixed than I am. I really do not think you will have a problem. www.allearsnet.com has a whole section on this topic. I think it is WDW at large or something like that. Good luck and Go for it.

I am a large woman also. Most of my weight shows in my belly. The only ride I had problems with was getting out of the tea cups. that was a real task. thankfully DD hasn't asked to go on that any more.

My DH is a big boy (350, over 6 feet tall) and fit on it easily. You will have no problem.

Another vote for you should fit fine! I LOVE the RNRC! (and I hate roller coasters in general!)

Last time I rode it I was probably about 260 and I am 5'4"

I requested the front row (odd number row) because I heard there was more leg room - figured more leg room might be a good thing hauling my carcass in and out.

I'm also a fluffy woman with most of my weight in my chest and tummy and the only ride I've ever had problems on was Space Mtn. and I think that was mostly because you're down so low in the seats. I fit in ok, but getting out was an adventure! I've ridden RNRC many times with no problems, you should be fine.

They have a car in an off-stage area for handicapped folk to see if they can get in and out of the car or to see if they fit; I am sure that if you discreetly ask a CM you could try it also.

Make sure you ask for an odd number. Much more room.

I carry most of my weight in my stomach and I did have a little bit of problems getting in and out of the cars, but only on RNRC, no where else. But I fit fine in the seats and had no problems when they lowered the harness. I think I have such a hard time getting in because the seats are much lower than the actual loading area and I'm definitely not a nimble pooh-bear! For some reason I also end up with at least one really large bruise and several smaller ones from the harness everytime. Still haven't figured that one out yet!

I never noticed a problem on Dinosaur until this past time and every time the car would jerk it would knock the breath out of me...I kept grunting the whole ride!! I know people thought I was nuts but I couldn't help it!!

Go on and enjoy! I too am generously proportioned woman and had no trouble riding this ride.

i won't say my weight, but i will tell you that you will fit just fine, don't worry at all

I enjoy RNR...it's one of my favorites. As you can see, I'm definately pooh-sized and I have no problems on RNR. I agree with a previous poster about Space Mountain. I can ride it, but maneuvering in and out of it is quite funny! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Picture017.jpg

Enjoy yourself!

Disney rides are extremely Fluffy Friendly, so no worries! I have NO problem with RNR...it's one of my favorite rides in fact.

The ONLY ride at WDW I've ever had trouble with is the spinning rollercoaster in Dinoland at AK. I fit in it fine, but I was totally squished next to my BIL and I wound up with a couple bruises on my arm and shoulder. I think it would have been fine if my BIL wasn't in the seat right next to me though. If we had put my niece in the middle seat, we all would have been alot more comfortable and much less squished.
This ride isn't all that comfy if you are very tall either.

My bf is 300+ and about 5'8" to 6' and is 54 waist and he rides it just fine. In fact he can ride almost all the rides at any of the parks just fine.

Never did these 3 so dont know about these.

Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Mission Space

Look at my sig oictures... my heaviest "Disney Weight" was probably 360 pounds, and I fit fine on RnRC. A little worried about Everest, but I've lost weight since then, and I'm trying to lose more in the 5 months before our trip. :)

we went to sci fi and were fine, hubby and i are both way to fluffy....the problem is the tables are small( front to back) so if you have a long haired "passenger in front of you it might get in your food :rotfl:

they also have picnic tables with movable seats but i don't think you'd need them.

I just got back a few weeks ago, and I'm 5' 10 and 380. I rode RNRC for the first time, and it was no problem.

Let's just say that I am of a pooh friendly size and I fit fine into all of the rides at WDW. Now if your going to Universal that's a whole other story! Their rides, not pooh friendly at all!! :lmao:

I'm not overweight, just undertall!! :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter