Being Overweight and riding RNRC

Thank you all so much. Now I can actually be excited about riding. We will be taking our 2 year old and will have to parent swap so I didn't want to be embarrassed by myself...usually my husband is right there to nervously laugh with me.

buzz2400 said:
Make sure you ask for an odd number. Much more room.

Does each 'cart' only have two rows? So row 1 is the front row in the first cart, row 3 is the front row in the second cart, etc?

I am 6'5" with long legs so I need all of the leg room I can get!!!

Is this the general rule for most of the rides to get more leg room?

Ok...you all are making me feel much better. What are your experiences with Tower of Terror and BTM?

I've rode them both, you won't have any problems at all! TOT is our fave ride!!

trene said:
Let's just say that I am of a pooh friendly size and I fit fine into all of the rides at WDW. Now if your going to Universal that's a whole other story! Their rides, not pooh friendly at all!! :lmao:

I'm not overweight, just undertall!! :crowded:

What rides at Universal are hard to fit for pooh-sized people? I've never been there before, but I'm going in May with my very skinny friend and I don't want to be embarrassed.

I went a few years ago...right after IOA opened. I was a little bit bigger than I am now and I had problems with the restraints getting fastened on Hulk and Dueling Dragons...they did get fastenened and I did ride (thanks to some not so nice ride operators). I haven't been since they opened Mummy so I don't know how that is.

mansionterror said:
I went a few years ago...right after IOA opened. I was a little bit bigger than I am now and I had problems with the restraints getting fastened on Hulk and Dueling Dragons...they did get fastenened and I did ride (thanks to some not so nice ride operators). I haven't been since they opened Mummy so I don't know how that is.

Mummy does not accomadate bigger people. BF tried to ride and was unable to ride it.

mjkaferle5 said:
Does each 'cart' only have two rows? So row 1 is the front row in the first cart, row 3 is the front row in the second cart, etc?

I am 6'5" with long legs so I need all of the leg room I can get!!!

Is this the general rule for most of the rides to get more leg room?

I wouldn't worry too much if it's just a leg length issue.

My BF is 6'4" and was fine in any row in RnRC - I think it's only something to be concerned about if you also have a larger build overall.

>>Does each 'cart' only have two rows? So row 1 is the front row in the first cart, row 3 is the front row in the second cart, etc?<<

Yup- The biggest row is #3 as its the wheelchair assessable one

I weigh more than you, and I'm an apple too, but no trouble with the RnRC..........an awesome ride by the way!

Just edited to say, no trouble on any Disney ride (saw some other posts asking), for DH or me!

We're both pushing 250 and very apple-y!

mansionterror said:

DH and I had a bit of trouble on Dueling Dragons, too, but sucked it up and they pushed it in! However, a bigger guy than us was trying to get in, they had two guys trying to push his restraints on, and couldn't.........he had to get out, poor "Pooh" man! :(

When I went in January of 2002, I was 352 pounds. I'm 6'2", and my waist size was a 54. I carried my weight on my gut.

I had NO trouble with ANYTHING. The only things with restraints I didn't ride were Tower of Terror, Dumbo, and Astro Orbiter.

I fit into everything else JUST fine.

Tower of Terror shouldn't be a problem for anyone now that it has seatbelts. Disney's belts are really long, and I didn't have any trouble with them at any of the rides that used them.

I haven't seen Everest's cars in person, but from the photos I've seen they look like the cars on the Mummy at Universal. I think I would have had a problem with these because it secures you right at the stomach - which is where I carried my weight.

But don't worry about RNR!!!

I guess I will try to sneak around to the test seat before attempting to ride. Don't want to stand in line for nothing. We are leaving in 4 days so we are getting excited!! :Pinkbounc

TravelinGal said:
Another vote for you should fit fine! I LOVE the RNRC! (and I hate roller coasters in general!)

Last time I rode it I was probably about 260 and I am 5'4"

I requested the front row (odd number row) because I heard there was more leg room - figured more leg room might be a good thing hauling my carcass in and out.

Decided on PM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter