Being made a Saint TWICE deserves a trip to Mickey's House! PTR Update pg.12 06/06!!!

Until I looked at it again just now, I guess it's not the greatest pregnancy ticker! As you have guessed, I am halfway through my first pregnancy, and it's a little GIRL princess:

We were quite surprised to find it is a girl, but very very thrilled! So far, so good. Dr says she looks perfect. I'm due August 3, but I suspect she will arrive as a July baby! I'm just shy of 5 feet tall, so there's not much room for her in there. LOL

After the years of hell, the failed adoption, you can bet we are just OVER. THE. MOON!!!

And I'm already set on taking her to Disney in Aug/Sept of 2013, just after she turns 1!!! :rotfl: I know she "won't remember" it, but WE WILL. We haven't been since '09 and let's face it, mama just can't wait any longer than that to go back! ;)

I am SO excited for you sweetie!!! It took Tom and I 2 and a half years to get pregnant and STAY pregnant with our beautiful Miss Megs, and I think when it takes so much more to get pregnant, you value and cherish that miracle just a little more! :hug:

You will SO love your little angel, and I am so happy for you to have a daughter to share your world with!!! There is nothing greater! Now, take care of BOTH of you so her arrival is a safe one!!!! CONGRATS!

oh my gosh, just reading about your daughter's award made me tear up! that is so exciting. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

oh my gosh, just reading about your daughter's award made me tear up! that is so exciting. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

WELCOME!!! SO glad to have you here! Thank you so much! I don't know if I can adequately put into words how proud of her we are!!! Megan was born 2 and a half months early at 30 weeks, and at one point in time, we were told that she would never walk, run, or be able to learn much past a preschool/kindergarten level. Not to boast, but she is a talented dancer, loves soccer, and is a straight-A student! Tom and I are so proud of her...we just can't believe sometimes that we are so lucky to have such an incredible kiddo! I get tears in my eyes too thinking back to that day....she was so incredibly proud of herself. It made it that special to see herself so proud of something she had accomplished. I am sure the trip will be as special as she is!! Thanks for sharing in our joy for her!

Wow! Awesome update! Love the story about the Saint award! What a special little girl you have!

As far as restaurants, what about Crystal Palace on your June 22nd night? It's one we like to go to.

I know exactly what you mean about driving there. Dh and I were talking about that the other day. Half the fun is getting there! We're always coming up with fun ways to entertain ourselves when we're driving down to WDW.

Love the Saint story. She sounds like one special girl :goodvibes

Your plans look great

How about either Grand Floridian Cafe or 1900 Park Fare the 22nd, one of your MK days?

Have you ever done the Cinderella and Ugly Stepsister Meal at 1900? If not, you should check it out. So much fun :thumbsup2

:cheer2:Way to go Megan!! That is awesome! Congratulations.

Your plans look great!

We live in southern Ohio and actually like the drive as well. It takes us about 14 hours and we drive it during night.

You have some good food choices! If you like seafood, there is a great buffet at Cape May at the Beach club. That was a new one for us last summer that we really enjoyed.

Hi! Just started reading your PTR and your trip seems like so much fun! I can't wait to follow along on your planning (I don't get to do that part anymore) and then hear all about your wonderful trip :wizard:

I am SO excited for you sweetie!!! It took Tom and I 2 and a half years to get pregnant and STAY pregnant with our beautiful Miss Megs, and I think when it takes so much more to get pregnant, you value and cherish that miracle just a little more! :hug:

You will SO love your little angel, and I am so happy for you to have a daughter to share your world with!!! There is nothing greater! Now, take care of BOTH of you so her arrival is a safe one!!!! CONGRATS!

Yes I agree! We had to go to pretty lengthy measures to conceive and it took us nearly 3 years so we are definitely SOOOO grateful for our little miracle!

I cannot wait to take her to BBB and Fantasyland, and meet Mickey Mouse and...all of it! I have dreamed of this for so long!

Your plans look great

How about either Grand Floridian Cafe or 1900 Park Fare the 22nd, one of your MK days?

Have you ever done the Cinderella and Ugly Stepsister Meal at 1900? If not, you should check it out. So much fun :thumbsup2

I 2nd 1900 Park Fare. Or maybe Ohana at the Poly! (I can't remember what you've already tried in the past)

ohh ohh I just LOVE the Saint story!! Now it all makes sense and HOW CUTE IS THAT!! Cute, cool, awesome! Tom couldn't have gotten out of a Disney trip if he tried. LOL

Makes you wonder if she told her teacher she could to Disney if she was awarded Saint twice! ;) :rotfl:

Love the plans. Nice looooong trip!

Oh what a very cool backstory!! That achievement for Megs certainly couldn't make Tom say no to that!! So sorry about your health issues, but so glad to be tuned in to see the trip in the works and some highlites from your last one!
And super cool that you will be able to meet up with some of the DIS ladies! I had my first one this past december and they are oh so fun!!! :thumbsup2

Ok that's enough....I have turned green with jealousy!:thumbsup2 This sounds like a dream vacation to me!:goodvibes

Wow! Awesome update! Love the story about the Saint award! What a special little girl you have!

As far as restaurants, what about Crystal Palace on your June 22nd night? It's one we like to go to.

I know exactly what you mean about driving there. Dh and I were talking about that the other day. Half the fun is getting there! We're always coming up with fun ways to entertain ourselves when we're driving down to WDW.

Thanks so much!!! :) She is a sweetie! We always say, since we only got one, we surely did get the best! (But I am pretty sure all parents feel that way too!) ;)

We have done CP for breakfast...and there is a possibility we may do it again this trip, so can you tell me how the food is for dinner? Thanks for the input!

Your plans look great

Thank you so much! She is indeed very special! It is hard for me NOT to boast about her!

GFC is definitely a possibility. We haven't been there in a long time....I think I will check out their updated menu. We have done the Park Fare dinner with Cindy and the Stepsisters...that one is TOO much fun! I forgot about that one....oh the decisions, the decisions!!!

:cheer2:Way to go Megan!! That is awesome! Congratulations.

Your plans look great!

We live in southern Ohio and actually like the drive as well. It takes us about 14 hours and we drive it during night.

You have some good food choices! If you like seafood, there is a great buffet at Cape May at the Beach club. That was a new one for us last summer that we really enjoyed.

Thanks for the kudos for Megan! I will have to show that to her...she will LOVE it!

I am so looking forward to our plans too! I agree that the drive for us really isn't that bad! We are in NKY...right by the Cincy airport! Not a bad drive at all! Were you guys okay after all the tornadoes? I hope so!

Tom is not THAT crazy about seafood. I would love to try Cape May sometime, but it would be a waste for him!

Hi! Just started reading your PTR and your trip seems like so much fun! I can't wait to follow along on your planning (I don't get to do that part anymore) and then hear all about your wonderful trip :wizard:

WELCOME!!! I think this trip is going to be a blast!! PLUS, you get to see some highlights from our last one too!! What a good reason to NOT have to plan anymore...would love to be in Mickey's backyard!!! :goodvibes

Yes I agree! We had to go to pretty lengthy measures to conceive and it took us nearly 3 years so we are definitely SOOOO grateful for our little miracle!

I cannot wait to take her to BBB and Fantasyland, and meet Mickey Mouse and...all of it! I have dreamed of this for so long!

I 2nd 1900 Park Fare. Or maybe Ohana at the Poly! (I can't remember what you've already tried in the past)

All the turmoil for the past 3 years will melt away as soon as they put that princess into your arms...SO worth it all!

We are already hitting Ohana...but I am going to have to reconsider doing 1900 again...that was a pretty good meal!

ohh ohh I just LOVE the Saint story!! Now it all makes sense and HOW CUTE IS THAT!! Cute, cool, awesome! Tom couldn't have gotten out of a Disney trip if he tried. LOL

Makes you wonder if she told her teacher she could to Disney if she was awarded Saint twice! ;) :rotfl:

Love the plans. Nice looooong trip!

I love the Saint story too!!! It is so unreal! I think deep down, Tom wants to go back just as much as we do....but you know, he has to be all "MANLY" and stuff down his inner Disney Geek!! :lmao:

Oh what a very cool backstory!! That achievement for Megs certainly couldn't make Tom say no to that!! So sorry about your health issues, but so glad to be tuned in to see the trip in the works and some highlites from your last one!
And super cool that you will be able to meet up with some of the DIS ladies! I had my first one this past december and they are oh so fun!!! :thumbsup2

You got that right!!! He didn't even hesitate he was so proud! Thanks for the concern on the health issues...I am just so glad that I am where I am today and not still stuck in the misery from six months ago. I will update about it soon...wanted to get a good head start with the HAPPY stuff first!

The possibility of meeting up with some of these wonderful gals makes me positively GIDDY!!! :dance3:

Ok that's enough....I have turned green with jealousy!:thumbsup2 This sounds like a dream vacation to me!:goodvibes

Oh Stace!! You are too funny! I think it is going to be a BLAST!!! Can't WAIT! I honestly can't believe how close it is ALREADY!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Three cheers for Megan. I am so proud of her. I can't wait to see pictures of how big she must be now.

Your plans sound great. We are in the VERY early stages of planning a 10 day trip to Disney next year with my daughter and my new son-in-law, possibly early February or March.

Looking forward to hearing more details and about the last rip.

Love to Megan

how did I miss that you already had an ADR at Ohana another day?? Your vacation is just too darn long Missy! :rolleyes1

Three cheers for Megan. I am so proud of her. I can't wait to see pictures of how big she must be now.

Your plans sound great. We are in the VERY early stages of planning a 10 day trip to Disney next year with my daughter and my new son-in-law, possibly early February or March.

Looking forward to hearing more details and about the last rip.

Love to Megan

Thanks for the cheers! She loved them! :goodvibes She is getting SO tall...you would think I was feeding her Miracle Grow!!! :)

Your trip in the works sounds great! I hope it works out nicely for you and your family!

The next update will be one for the last trip...SOOO much to share!

how did I miss that you already had an ADR at Ohana another day?? Your vacation is just too darn long Missy! :rolleyes1

Ha ha ha ha!!!! Can a trip EVER be too long?!?!?! :confused3

You KNOW you are in for a great trip to WDW when it begins with a perfectly wonderful surprise! We had originally planned to leave EARLY in the morning on Wednesday, July 20th and drive all day. BUT, as I was packing the last few items in our suitcases on Tuesday morning, I received a phone call from my beloved husband. It went a little something like this:
Tom: “Hey, are you finished packing?”
Me: “Well, I am starting to put in the last items now, and then I am going to go through my OCD packing list to make sure it is all there. Why?”
Tom: “Because I am leaving at noon to pick up you and Megan, and we are leaving TODAY! That’s why!”
Me: “Oh my gosh…are you serious?”
Tom: “Yep! We are going to start driving tonight, get as far as we can, stop at a hotel, and then finish the little that will remain in the morning so that we can check into a hotel and head to Magic Kingdom tomorrow afternoon.”
Me: “But wait, our reservations at WDW don’t start until Thursday!”
Tom: “That’s okay because you are going to call Disney when we hit the road and get us a reservation at a Value resort for Wednesday night.”
Me: “This is AWESOME!”
Tom: “Just don’t tell Megan until I get home….I want to surprise her and see her reaction.”
Me: “No problem!”
We said our good-byes, and my packing cranked up to high gear. I called my Mom to ask her to come over that afternoon so that she could pick up our dog Max and his belongings. Megan, who was busy playing around the house, never even noticed my frantic pace or the out-of-the-ordinary arrival of my Mom….she was COMPLETELY unaware of the surprise that was awaiting her!
Not long after noon, Tom pulled in, came into the kitchen to change the countdown calendar, and this is what happened…….. (click on what appears to be a photo..it will open up in another window, and the video will begin playing after it buffers.)

Well, even though WE were the ones completely surprised at first by her “No” response, you can see that once the reality of what was happening set in, our girl was READY to go and see her buddy MICKEY! We loaded up the “Family Truckster,” said our good-byes to my Mom and Max, and were soon heading south to MICKEY’S HOUSE!!! As Tom said, my first co-pilot mission was to call Disney reservations and get us a room at a value resort for Wednesday night. It was a quick call, and soon we were set with a reservation at Pop Century Resort for the next night. The first several hours of our drive were blissfully wonderful….good weather, no traffic, Megan happily watching Disney movies, Tom and I listening to music and chatting about the fun we were going to have on this trip—the usual drive-down stuff! But not long after our drive-thru for dinner, the rain started….and it REALLY started to pour. We managed several more hours through the rain, but as it got late, dark, and we neared the border between TN and GA, we decided to find a place to stop for the night. It was just getting TOO risky. So we found a hotel at one of the last exits off of I-75 in TN to stop for the night. We all quickly fell asleep since we knew we would be getting up early to finish the drive through GA and FL to reach Mickey’s at some point on Wednesday evening. The rain slowed us down TREMENDOUSLY, but we didn’t care too much since we knew where we would be the very next day!!! We woke up VERY early and finished the drive to WDW without another drop of rain! Although we hit some traffic in Atlanta and on the turnpike in FL, we still pulled into Pop Century’s parking lot by 5pm! Of course there were the usual cheers and clapping as we passed under the Walt Disney World Resort sign, and more clapping as we found our way back through the Pop entrance. Tom dropped me off so he could find a place to park, and I headed into the lobby to check-in. After first making a MUCH needed pit-stop in the first POP bathroom I could find, I quickly checked us in, got our room keys for our room in the 80s section with a beautiful view of the lake, and then headed back out to Tom and Megs. We used the resort map to find our way back to our building, grabbed the bags that we needed for that night, ran up to our room, dropped our things, and then headed RIGHT back out to the bus stop to hitch a ride to the MAGIC KINGDOM!! We were GLADLY walking down Main Street by 6pm, but we were immediately greeted by the oppressive HEAT and wall-to-wall crowds. We headed straight back to IASW--a family traditional first ride. It had a 25 minute wait, but we knew we would wait it to keep our tradition going strong. Tom ran over to get FPs for Pooh, and received the “Surprise FP” for Philharmagic as well. The one thing that did shock us was the fact that they had the queue line changed…we have never seen it where they board on the side furthest from the entrance. Here are some pictures taken by all three of us as we walked through the line.

FILE0050-1.jpg

FILE0049-2.jpg

FILE0051-2.jpg

FILE0048-1.jpg

We were also sad to see that Megan’s FAVORITE hula guy was missing from the ride…oh how we HOPED he would return at SOME point in the trip!!!!
The last picture is a shot of the IASW clock—that I SO love—as it was going off as we departed from the ride. Well, as the clock said, it was 6:30 and we were all getting a little hungry. So we decided to stop in for dinner at Pinocchio’s next door. Tom enjoyed the Spaghetti w/meatballs, salad, and his FAVORITE strawberry cheesecake, Megan had the Macaroni and Cheese, grapes, and applesauce, and I enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan with the same strawberry cheesecake. Ohh, that thing is SO good!
We then headed straight over to the carousel and walked right on for a ride...

FILE0054-1.jpg

FILE0055-2.jpg

This was a good thing in the long run, because it ended up being closed for the next 3 days!

Next, we decided to head in for some A/C—I am telling you, it was STIFLING that night—so to Philharmagic we went!

FILE0052-1.jpg

FILE0053-1.jpg

As always, enjoyable, but we noticed that the scents were a little off. That would eventually get better as the week went on. We then decided to head over to Winnie the Pooh to ride with our FPs. We loved SEEING the new queue games, but we got through the FP line so quickly that we had no time to really enjoy them that night. After bouncing our way through the 100 Acre Wood with Tigger and the gang, we decided to call it an early night. We were tired, hot, it was crowded, and we knew we wanted to get up early so we could check out of Pop, into AKL, and head over to MK all before the early morning rope drop. (I know, you think we must have been crazy! Do you think we made it?!?!?! I will just have to divulge that tidbit in my next TR update!) ;) SO, we headed out of MK slowly, taking in bits and pieces of the Celebrate Parade on the way out, quickly caught an empty bus back to POP, found our room, and turned in for the night. Here are some photos of our room…

FILE0057-1.jpg

FILE0056-1.jpg

A great start to a great trip!

Great start to your trip, an extra day with Mickey.:goodvibes The tink top that Megan has on is so cute.

It was so fun to start out early! The Tinkerbell top is a sundress that my Mom got for her at Easter. It was TOO cute! :)

Did you by any chance watch the videos? I want to make sure they work for everyone...hoping I am not the only one who can see them! :goodvibes

Loved the video...Her reaction was too funny:laughing:

Great start to your TR.....the new que line for Small World was weird now that it is reversed, very hard to get used to

Loved the video...Her reaction was too funny:laughing:

Great start to your TR.....the new que line for Small World was weird now that it is reversed, very hard to get used to

I know!! NOT what we expected at all! :rotfl: The queue line definitely took us by surprise, but I guess they need to stretch the line inside more than trail on the outside to keep people out of the hot sun and out of the narrow pathway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter