Being made a Saint TWICE deserves a trip to Mickey's House! PTR Update pg.12 06/06!!!

WOW 13 days are going FLY! We're at 35 and they feel like they are flying as well!

Now we are down to 8!!!! SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!! Your trip will be here before you know it!!! SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF US!!! :banana::banana::banana:

YAY for a fun weekend get away! How awesome for you to meet your Red's guy. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't wash the shirt either! I would be afraid the marker would fade or wash out.
Congrats on the weight loss. I lost about 27 last year and gained about 10 back. It's amazing how much 10 lbs feels like in my pants. I need to get this big rumpus back in gear and get the weight off. Have fun shopping!!!
I think that you will like the hipster. I know it's not the mini, but it will be a lot less hot than your backpack. I just ordered a new mini last night. They are on sale online for $29, plus shipping is only $5! BONUS. You will have to post a pic of the one you get.

It was a great weekend away!!! The shirt will be framed and put on display down in Tom's "Man Cave!" :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the weight loss bubble...it can go up and down! I am planning on losing more this summer, but for now, just trying to hold where I am so my clothes fit okay for the trip. Hoping that all our walking at WDW will help crunch a few more pounds off afterwards!

I am going to do some Vera snooping today...will DEFINITELY let you know what I end up choosing!

Jen, before you order your bag, take a look at Lesportsac's Small World line. They have the Kacey, it looks like the perfect size, between the hipster and mini, I have it in my shopping cart ready to purchase!

Yay for your baseball game! We are flying to Boston a week after we get home from Florida to see Baylor and my Red Sox play at Fenway. This year is the 100th anniversary for the ballpark and we are so excited to get to go!!

I will go look at those now!!! Sounds too cute to pass up!

That sounds like a fabulous little get away!!! We went to Fenway several years ago with some friends...had SUCH a great time!!!! Enjoy your game!

Hey Jen, I know you were worried about your Magical Express packet showing up on time, did it? We got ours yesterday at the 35:banana: day mark so I'm hoping yours has shown up as well!

NEVER SHOWED!!!! Apparently, the renter we rented from added the dining plan to our package but never finished taking care of the ME. No big deal...we are just going to claim our one checked bag and make our way over to the ME buses!!! So glad that yours arrived!!!

I can't believe that we are in SINGLE DIGITS BABY!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh, that is always the BEST feeling!!!

Okay, let's get down to the good stuff...updates on things going on for the trip!

Well, this weekend we finally decided upon a new camera, and it is nothing that we were ever even considering! Funny how that always happens!

It is the Samsung WB15OF...

14023435_138x138.jpg

It was a great deal on a good camera...we can even instantly upload our pics to Facebook and email!!!! I am happy too that it is not as big and bulky as some of the others we were considering.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.....

I am going back to wanting the MINI-HIPSTER (or something around that size)!!! [Sidenote: Certain enablers here...we won't mention names...have also tipped me off to some new bags from the IASW collection! We shall see what ends up being the ultimate purchase!]

After I post this update for all of you, I am off to go virtually browse my selections to make my final choice!!! SO EXCITED!!!

I did do some shopping the other day...found some bermuda shorts that I liked, so I got them in black, gray, and khaki. I found a couple new shirts, but nothing that really WOWED me. I am excited to be shopping in smaller sizes, but I just haven't been that excited AT ALL about the selection of stuff that I have found. I think I need to try a few other stores...maybe Kohl's?!?? Any other good suggestions on where to find nice tops???

Yesterday, after Megan's MRI, she and I came home to "work!" We reorganized her playroom, and started working on organizing the clothes, hair pretties, etc. that she has set aside for the trip. I think she is all set! I need to do some more work for Tom and me today...heigh ho, heigh ho, it is off to pack I go! (After some online shopping of course!) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Oh how I love 8 days 'til Disney!!!!!

8 DAYS!!!! :cool1::cool1: We are down to 14. This week though, I am all about planning and preparing for my son's high school graduation party. After that, then I will be packing and finish planning for Disney. So excited to go!

Sooooo, did you look at the small world bags yet? I did go ahead and get the Kacey in Tahitian Blue. OH MY GOODNESS, I have a feeling Megs will want on too, if you dare to show her.....
They even have a little charm on them.
Enough gushing about the bag, but I can't wait for it to arrive.:laughing:
i just checked my phone to see if I have you in my contacts and I don't so I'll sent you a PM so we can exchange numbers!

8 DAYS!!!! :cool1::cool1: We are down to 14. This week though, I am all about planning and preparing for my son's high school graduation party. After that, then I will be packing and finish planning for Disney. So excited to go!

So excited you all must be...a graduation and a big WDW trip!!! YAY!!! Enjoy all these wonderful moments!

Sooooo, did you look at the small world bags yet? I did go ahead and get the Kacey in Tahitian Blue. OH MY GOODNESS, I have a feeling Megs will want on too, if you dare to show her.....
They even have a little charm on them.
Enough gushing about the bag, but I can't wait for it to arrive.:laughing:
i just checked my phone to see if I have you in my contacts and I don't so I'll sent you a PM so we can exchange numbers!

I DID!!!! OH HOW CUTE ARE THEY!?!?!?!? The Tahitian Blue was really cute!

Sounds good on the PM!! :) Getting so excited one week to go for us!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

(And I didn't even spend a dime!)

WHAT?!?!?! HOW CAN THAT BE JEN????

Well, yesterday after DISing, browsing over the very cute offerings from both Verabradley.com and the new IASW collection that Miss Anita led me to, I grew concerned about the VERY limited amount of days we have until we leave and the shipping estimates. They were cutting it just WAY too close! You know I need time to play around with the bag to make sure everything will fit okay, etc. So I decided the only thing I could really do at this point was go to one of our local Hallmark stores and buy a Vera from them...even though I knew it would cost a little more. (BTW, Anita is SO right, the Kasey's in the IASW collection are SO cute!!!!) Anyway, Megs and I already had lunch plans with my Mom at our favorite local Mexican place, so I called before I left to see if she wanted to do some shopping with me after our lunch. When she asked what I was shopping for, I explained about the mini-hipster. She started laughing and said, "You are silly! You already have one!" I had no idea what she was talking about, so asked her to clarify. She reminded me that several years ago when we went to the annual Vera sale in Ft. Wayne, IN., I bought a mini-hipster in Petal Pink. It was the same year we took our BIG family trip to WDW in June 2008, and I lent it to my sister to use while she was there. After the trip, my sister left it with my Mom at her house, and that is where it has remained all this time. My Mom knew right where she stored it, so she said she would bring it to lunch.....and VOILA....

images

And here it is....IN MINT CONDITION!!! (Well, plus $2 that my sister must have left in it!!!) :rotfl::rotfl:

SO, my purse dilemma is all resolved for me!!! I used it last night when Tom, Megs, and I went to the Reds game, and I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love how compact it is!!! I am going to go back through my checklist of what I need in it for the daily park grind today and load it up to see how everything works....maybe I will even take a picture or too and post later!!! Here's what I am going to start with....but I am thinking I might need to cut a few things as we go. We shall see!!!

IN MY Mini-Hipster BAG--
--camera

--cell phone
--My driver's license, Meg's ID, debit card, Health Insurance card, ADR card
--First aid kit in mini blue pouch w/ BandAids, sunscreen, small pack of Excedrin, Rolaids, Immodium-AD, Dramamine, Chapstick and small tube of Neosporin. (All small/travel sizes).
--Gum
--Small tissue packet
--One set of compact, disposable ponchos for all 3 of us

THE PACKING IS BEGINNING!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

For those of you who know me so well...oh you know how I love to pack!!! My goal today is to start pulling what I can and start packing up in open suitcases as best as possible. I think we are going to have to borrow an extra rolling carry-on suitcase from my parents or sister, so I need to know what fits where! I also need to make a shopping list of ANYTHING else we don't currently have. I know I need to allow for some breakfast items to take down with us. We need to get a jump start because we have so many things coming up this week and weekend--Megan's first rehearsal for her recital is today, so I also need to make sure all her costumes are finished with the last minute touch-ups and ready to go for her!!!! EEEKKKK!!!! I really am getting excited!!!! YAY!!!!!

Your camera sounds great!!

Yay for spending no money on the purse. So pretty :goodvibes

1 week

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Your camera sounds great!!

Yay for spending no money on the purse. So pretty :goodvibes

1 week

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I need to seriously sit down and work with it so I can use it correctly, but so far, it has been very easy to use, and the pictures look pretty good! :goodvibes

Can you believe that about the purse?!?!?! LOVE it!!!

SO excited for only one more week to go!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I can't believe how close you are now!!! still wayyyy behind in the PTR but have a great time!! (since I don't get on here very much these days) Can't wait to here your thoughts on the whole FP and night time touring stuff.... Say Hi to Mickey for us ;)

I can't believe how close you are now!!! still wayyyy behind in the PTR but have a great time!! (since I don't get on here very much these days) Can't wait to here your thoughts on the whole FP and night time touring stuff.... Say Hi to Mickey for us ;)

Hey sweetie!!! So glad to see you on here...but I CAN'T imagine WHY you would have so little time to do so?!?!?! :rotfl: Your hands have to be perpetually full!!! :goodvibes Tom is nervous about the whole FP change...I have been trying to relieve his concerns, but I don't think that will happen until he is down there in the midst of it! Will let you know what we think...may even do some live updates while we are there!

All of that fit in the MINI? Hmm looks like I may be doing some Vera looking very soon. I have a pattern that I just love so this may be my excuse to get something in it!

:cool1::banana: Single Digits Dance for you!!

What a pretty Vera! I love it that you found a bonus $2!!!
I was trying to pack today and then I got a phone call that they were admitting my youngest daughter for an induction in the morning.
Long story short.
I have the 18 mth old until sometime tomorrow evening.
Guess who isn't packing but watching Monster Inc. instead?:laughing:

All of that fit in the MINI? Hmm looks like I may be doing some Vera looking very soon. I have a pattern that I just love so this may be my excuse to get something in it!

:cool1::banana: Single Digits Dance for you!!

That's what I am hoping will fit in the mini...haven't tried it out yet. Will do first thing in the morning. I have many of those things in there already...just need to figure out if it will all work!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

What a pretty Vera! I love it that you found a bonus $2!!!
I was trying to pack today and then I got a phone call that they were admitting my youngest daughter for an induction in the morning.
Long story short.
I have the 18 mth old until sometime tomorrow evening.
Guess who isn't packing but watching Monster Inc. instead?:laughing:

I know...so excited about the purse and the $2 was a sweet find!!!

What a good phone call!!! Oh how I love Monsters Inc.!!! I think we just need to curl up and have a Disney movie marathon....is there someone we can call to come pack for us!?!!!! :rotfl:

Can't believe you are down to six days!!! :scared1:

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I have so much to do yet....need to seriously pull out the suitcases and bags and start filling them. Megan wants to go NOW, Tom is starting to get Vacationitis, I just need to get packed and get everything ready....then I will be okay to be excited!!!! :rotfl:

We hit 29 days today and I seriously thought about breaking out the suitcases! I keep making lists of everything I want to take.

We're going to have a group of newbies on our trip with us and they are driving down a few days after Evan and I. I want to make them a Disney Road Trip Survival Bag...have any suggestions as to what I should put in it!?

We hit 29 days today and I seriously thought about breaking out the suitcases! I keep making lists of everything I want to take.

We're going to have a group of newbies on our trip with us and they are driving down a few days after Evan and I. I want to make them a Disney Road Trip Survival Bag...have any suggestions as to what I should put in it!?

I love making lists too!!! I am so glad that I have kept my old TRs on here, because I always pull up my OCD packing list and use that to pack everytime. This year since we are flying, there is quite a bit we won't need!! :) YEAH!

How old is the age group of the newbies? I recommend good snacks, lots of Disney movies if they have a DVD player they will be using in their car, Disney coloring books/toys/games they can use in the car if that is age appropriate, etc.

Here's the car section from my OCD packing list if that helps....

What I need for the car:
--Atlas (place in pocket of door)
--GPS
--IPOD and speakers (batteries/power cord)
--Collapsible cooler w/ice pack and bottled drinks (water, and soft drinks for Tom).
--Snacks for the Car: Disney fruit snacks, gum, candy, snacks like crackers, Pop Tarts, Granola bars, etc.) PUT ALL SNACKS/FOOD IN MEDIUM SIZE RUBBERMAID CONTAINER
--Plastic shoebox for Megan to use when eating in the car
(If they have small kids, this is the BEST tip I can give them. Get a small shoebox sized plastic bin w/lid from the dollar store. Store it under each kid's seat, and if they drive-thru to pick up something to eat, they can put the entire meal in the box, put the box on the kid's lap, and NO MESS CAR EATING!!!! This was such a great idea that we keep that box in the car for Megan ALL the time!)

--Small car sized box of tissues--place in purse storage
--Small pack of wipes--place in purse storage
--Small package of Disney napkins--place in glove compartment
--Extra plastic spoons and forks in ziploc bag--place in glove compartment
--DVD Player w/accessories and headphones--store accessories in media storage
--Megan's Movies and our DVDs--put in black storage box
--SUDOKU, logic puzzle books, and reading books for me (store in door pocket)

--Pencils
--Crayons and Disney Pencils for Megan
--Disney Writing Workbooks
--Disney Sticker Puzzles and stickers w/sticker book
--Disney Color All Book w/Magic Marker
--Princess Journal/Notebook for Megan to write in
****Put these items in Megan's Tinkerbell Backpack and hang from the back of the front passenger seat.****

Okay, see if that helps them!!!

Yay for a "free" bag! Good thing you called your mom huh? That was just too perfect :goodvibes

I KNOW!!! I was a little stoked about having the bag issue resolved for me! :thumbsup2

MINI-Update:

Well, I would love to say that yesterday was a SUPER productive day for me, that we are all packed, and I just get to lounge by our local pool for the next several days.....................................but I can not!!!

Okay, that is being a little harsh on yourself Jen! I DID get somethings accomplished yesterday.
--MOST of the laundry is finished and folded. I have strategically kept somethings in baskets and NOT put them back in Tom's drawer so he will NOT wear them over the course of the next few days.
--One of Megan's new Disney dresses "broke" in the wash the other day--the small spaghetti strap snapped. SO being the AWESOME Mom that I am, I went to the fabric store to find matching ribbon, and sewed on new ribbon straps to the dress. To hide my stitches, I even added cute pink buttons over the sewed areas. I actually think the dress looks cuter than before. Now that it has been repaired, it is back in Megan's Disney basket that is ready to be packed today!
--I picked up Megan's dance pictures for this year. They were BREATHTAKING!!! She looks like such a sweet ballerina. I will try to take a picture of them so you can see them on here...too sweet!
--I picked up some of the hair products Megan will need for Tuesday's recital.
--I called in refills on all my prescriptions so that I can get them before we leave and have enough for the trip...God help us if I don't have them...I don't want the pain to come back even for one day while I am down there!
--I have Megan's costumes ready to go for the moment for the most part. Her jazz costume I cannot tack the belt to the outfit until our dress rehearsal on Tuesday. It has a bow that either needs to be on the top or the bottom, and since the owner wasn't sure what her class was doing with the bow, she told me to wait until Tuesday to see what her teacher prefers. The only other thing I have to do is stitch on a chin strap to her black derby hat for her tap number. SO, almost done!
--After all that, I was going to start pulling bags and suitcases, but one of my good friends from work called and invited us to come swim over at her pool. Since it was a beautiful day and she lives right around the corner, of COURSE we went! :D

OKAY, so I need to run up to school today to sign my contract, and then I will get down to some SERIOUS packing....I hope! :rotfl::rotfl:

It sounds like you got alot done on your list. Do the important things and forget the rest.:goodvibes

I am looking forward to the dance pictures.

That is such a great list!! Thanks so much!! The ages of girls (my poor Evan is the only boy besides some dads on this trip!) driving down are 2, 2, 4, and 11 so I think I got them all covered!

Can't wait to see Megan's dance pictures and hope the recital goes well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter