Being cheap...weight watchers help

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
I was thinking of trying weight watchers this time around because my gallbladder doesn't like Atkins ;)

Where can I get all the info I need? I don't really want to have to join and go to meetings and such. I just want to follow their diet plan. Any ideas? Thanks!!!!

No ideas here, sorry!

But if you decide to go to meetings, I go to one in Nashua...:D I bought my pts. books at the meetings, I don't know where else to get that info.

Kristi

Hopefully the WW police won't come and revoke my card! ;) LOL

www.dwlz.com has points values for ANYTHING you want (virtually) including restaurants.

Basically, depending on your weight, you get a certain amount of points to eat each day. Then, you get 35 "flex" points each week that you can use however you want. I save mine up and use them on the weekend so I can go out to dinner and have a treat or get some Starbucks or whatever. It's basically a nice little way to reward yourself, or not beat yourself up if you have a slip day or a dinner invitation.

There are "unofficial points calculators" you can search for on google and then you just plug in the calories, fat, and fiber and it gives you the number of points. This way you can calculate anything at home (or at the grocery store) that has nutritional information on it. (Most everything should at the grocery store).

There is also the "Core" Program where they give you a list of foods (basically brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grains - just not bread - fruits, vegetables, and lean meats that you can have until you are satisfied). You also get the 35 flex points per week to use on this plan, but I don't like it, personally, so I do the points one. Email me if you want more info :)

I just wanted to add that I did it on my own at first and when I lost 25 pounds on my scale at home, I switched and joined meetings. I just wanted to convince myself that I could do it, but then it got a little harder to stay dedicated and I needed the accountability of going to a center.

I was so nervous about weighing in, but my leader is AWESOME and he has lost 90 pounds, so he's been through every step of this, too!

The weigh-ins are totally private and no one there knows how much you weigh (just celebrates the pounds you've lost) and it's a GREAT feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter