Bed Sheets and Bringing Your Own??

Maleficent Dragon

Member Since 2004; lost previous login.
I always stay at our home resort and one of my complaints is that the bed sheets feel "crunchy". I always bring my own pillow, but I am seriously thinking about bringing my own sheets for my next stay. I notice they do not use fitted sheets in the room, but instead they have a larger sheet that wraps the mattress. If I bring my own standard queen sheets, are they going to fit the bed or are beds in Disney "odd-sized"?

Are you okay with the risk of losing them?

This. You forget to put them aside and let mouse keeping clean and out they go. Just make sure that you leave the privacy tag on the door or you may be sorry.

We only have them clean a couple of times when we are there. They always leave supplies on the door.

This. You forget to put them aside and let mouse keeping clean and out they go. Just make sure that you leave the privacy tag on the door or you may be sorry.

We only have them clean a couple of times when we are there. They always leave supplies on the door.
. Not an issue for DVC members. It doesn't work like standard cash stays. Housekeeping won't even come in for a thorough cleaning until the 8th day.

I appreciate the responses but none of that answered what I asked. If somebody with experience in this area could let me know about how the sheets fit on the mattress I would appreciate it. :).

Havent brought my own sheets but mom mom bought me this cool little thing for traveling... it's a queen size silk sleep sack. Basically you use it like a sleeping bag so it functions like a top and bottom sheet, but doesnt have to fit the mattress. And it is super small, like a paperback book, so it is very easy to travel with. The brand is "dreamsack." It's 100% silk. I think she may have gotten it from LLBean?

. Not an issue for DVC members. It doesn't work like standard cash stays. Housekeeping won't even come in for a thorough cleaning until the 8th day.
If you are staying 8 or more day the first full cleaning is day 4. I don't want you to leave you sheets on your bed thinking they won't change them and then be suprised

I appreciate the responses but none of that answered what I asked. If somebody with experience in this area could let me know about how the sheets fit on the mattress I would appreciate it. :).

I don't know why Disney would have special-made mattresses in different sizes? That just seems like a huge expense that even disney would avoid. Pretty sure they are your standard everyday sizes.

~Cari~ pluto:

If you are staying 8 or more day the first full cleaning is day 4. I don't want you to leave you sheets on your bed thinking they won't change them and then be suprised

You are right, I was thinking that one through backwards. ;)
I always ask for no housekeeping for our entire stay, but of course I cannot guarantee they wont. However, I could not imagine housekeeping would take my brown sheets from the bed thinking they belong to the hotel. I get your point though.

I don't know why Disney would have special-made mattresses in different sizes? That just seems like a huge expense that even disney would avoid. Pretty sure they are your standard everyday sizes.

~Cari~ pluto:

Well, I dont either. It puzzles me as to why they use an oversized sheet on the beds instead of a fitted sheet. I thought it might have something to do with their mattresses being ultra thick and the standard queen (or King depending on which villa we choose) sheets not fitting.

It's probably way easier for laundry to fold and store the flat sheets than fitted sheets. And yes, I would not be surprised if they took your brown sheets. They take personal blankets and stuffed animals left on the beds.

My DD is severely allergic to strong laundry detergents used by hotels. We always bring our own sheets. We also make it known at check in that we will be doing so and call housekeeping to make them aware. We've never had our sheets taken away. We usually bring a set of blue sheets we use on our own bed and the queen fitted sheet is slightly big on the Disney bed. It still works fine though, doesn't slip off or anything.

We've brought our own bottom sheet in the past...king. It was a darker blue so clearly not a Disney sheet. Fit well. We left a note for housekeeping and had no problems.

If I bring my own standard queen sheets, are they going to fit the bed or are beds in Disney "odd-sized"?
They should fit as 1) most Disney resort hotels are standard beds (a double is a double, a queen is a queen, etc) and 2) most queen sized sheets that we buy now for our personal use in our homes are a bit bigger to fit the popular pillow top mattresses and memory foam that people like to use. Likely your queen sheets are these modern "bigger" queens and will fit fine with a bit of extra tucking in. ps Disney doesn't use fitted sheets because in the hotel industry, flat sheets are much less $$ when buying bulk. Also, they can pour the bleach to them to get them properly sanitized. The elastic in fitted sheets would not hold up well in that cleaning environment.

It's probably way easier for laundry to fold and store the flat sheets than fitted sheets.

Yes, that is the reason for not using fitted sheets. I found it funny one time when my mother-in-law was staying with us and I had to do a load of sheets and I successfully folded a fitted sheet. She had no idea how to do it (my mother taught me). But, it takes a lot of room (using a bed helps) and a bit of time. Taking the standard sheets out of a dryer and folding them is a no brainer but fitted sheets? No way.

Also, with using regular sheets, it doesn't matter which one goes on the mattress and which one goes on the people so the housekeepers just take two sheets and off they go. Having to match up one to another and then doing that for how many rooms the housekeeping staff cleans a day? And having people complaining their room isn't ready?

Well, I dont either. It puzzles me as to why they use an oversized sheet on the beds instead of a fitted sheet. I thought it might have something to do with their mattresses being ultra thick and the standard queen (or King depending on which villa we choose) sheets not fitting.

Its easier for the laundry to have only flat sheets. Even when my MIL worked at Motel 6 they did that. I think its just industry standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter