Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

Some people :furious: I mean even if any of us did pick something tacky that is our choice as its our wedding. Cannon D is lovely but everyone has that. We've picked Disney weddings because we want something a bit different and not average.

Like the sound of hiring a car for the day.

Ah vent away Bec, vent away, let it all out, it's the best thing to do.
People always want to give their two cents on everything. From your family on your personal life to co-workers on your work projects.

If it isn't the songs to play on your wedding it is the food, if it isn't the food, it's the drinks, if it isn't the drinks it is the colors, if not that, then the theme, if not the theme, then the location, if not the location then the date, and on and on and on and on.

After that they'll try and ask why you painted your sitting room walls one color instead of another and when you have kids they will want to back seat drive your parenting route.

It's part of life, and a wedding is great training :rotfl:, listen to their suggestions and if they are not in line with what you had in mind or unpractical just let them know you appreciate their input but things will be done your way. End.

Everybody and their grandma uses Cannon D, my grandma used it and my mom used it and so did everybody else I know apart from a handful that used the "here comes the bride" cliche march. Nothing wrong with it, but you are going for unique, so off with Cannon D! (A beautiful piece nonetheless, but the poor thing is getting dragged up every single aisle nowadays :rotfl:)

Hang in there and come and vent here any time :flower3: even silly problems can amount to a lot if you don't get them out of your chest and let them pile up, better out than in.

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

I don't care too much, but it feels good to b*tch about it :laughing:

So anyway, I've officially started my diet, I've joined Calorieking and it's free, which is good.

My starting weight is 62kg, and coincidentally happens to be my current weight too :rotfl: and my ideal weight is 53kg. To be honest I'm not too concerned with losing weight because my BMI is fine, it's just toning up that I mainly want to do.

I started a medication at the beginning of the year, and just packed the weight on - as much as 10 extra kilos is packing weight on :lmao: and I'm finally off it, and onto one that doesn't mess with my hormones as much, so it's time to get back to how I picture myself.

I went to the gym with my sister today and it was really good, and I know I should go more often, but I don't like the idea of spending money on things that I could probably be doing for free - walking, running, cycling etc. and I had a gym membership before and never went :laughing: so I can't imagine myself buying another one...

I will think about it though... I'll keep going as long as my sister keeps the free passes up to me:lmao:

I :lovestruc the rainbow connection. It's one of my absolute favorites! and was definitely a consideration for the wedding. I hear you on the unique songs, I'm considering the end theme from Star wars, and even There's a great big beautiful tomorrow. Poop on Canon D (even though it is super beautiful) You do what you want! And good luck with the weight loss. Stupid medications.

I think I'll get the harpist to play songs like Canon in D in the prelude, or maybe in the recessional, but I wasn't going to go too much on the traditional songs...

I just saw the most gorgeous dress! It's not wedding related in any way... Well I spose I could *say* that I want to wear it to my rehearsal and on the honeymoon?? :laughing: but really I just want it!!!

TadashiShoji.jpg

It's part of Tadashi Shoji's 2010 Spring Collection, which correct me if I'm wrong, means it won't be available to anyone until April-ish next year :confused3 and then it will probably not be available for me because I'm a poor scrimping and saving little bride! :rotfl:

I've looked at his site, but there's no mention of 2010 on there... Any one else know anything about it, or where to search?

Just a small inconsequential update.

Next April I'm going to be a bridesmaid for a friend's wedding. Last weekend we went bridesmaid dress shopping and found the style of dress she wanted for us. It's a beautiful dress and looks lovely! The only problem is... She wanted to get it in Chocolate :scared1:

To be honest I didn't really care, because her and her fiance are the only people who will be at their wedding, who are invited to ours, and they probably wont be able to make it any way. So I wasn't too concerned.

However, she sent me a msg a day or too ago to ask me what I thought about the yellow colour - which was the colour I was trying on. I told her it looked really pretty, and I personally didn't think it would make the photos look bad - she was originally concerned with the yellow clashing with her dress, which is technically champagne, but has a slight pink tinge to it.

So looks like now she's changing to yellow, instead of chocolate, and it was only after she said that, that I realised I did sort of care that she had wanted to use chocolate... :laughing:

It would mean that she'd want chocolate matched into her table linens, and everything! Our weddings could end up looking very similar... But now she's not having it, so it's ok!

It's okay to care a little if her wedding looked similar to yours. I'm glad she decided to go with a different color too. I can definitely sympathize with wanting your wedding to be different from others that you've been to. ;)

I agree...its totally ok for you to want to have a unique wedding. Now worries...there will be one thing your wedding will have that others won't PIXIE DUST!!! :wizard:

That's so true! I always think too, that while other weddings may be beautiful or elegant or lovely...a Disney wedding is magical!

I think we've decided on crab ragout for our starter, a champagne rasberry sorbet for the palet cleanser, and beef fillet and lobster tail for the main. Then we'd have cake, followed by our desert party...

Makes me hungry just thinking about it... I'm off to read the dining review threads! :cloud9:

Hands up who loves the new Disney Weddings Website??
action-smiley-066.gif

I love it so much it makes me sick...

The caculator makes me very happy... Very happy indeed... :rotfl:

WHAT?! Where? It's up?
Here I go lemme go check!

Yes!!!
I LOVE IT!
OMG it is sooo much better than before, so many new styles and options to look through!

Big thumbs up! :thumbsup2

I'm up late trying to buy tickets for an Aussie music festival, and I'm bored waiting for my confirmation... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter